Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 25, 2009 4:12 PM

Sep 2007
wesley96 said:
Username: wesley96
Looking For: An anime that makes you cry A LOT
Favorite Genres: Slice-of-life, comedy, psychological
Extra: Make sure it's an anime I haven't seen (check my anime list ;)

Exmaples: Air, Clannad, Fruits Basket

I know it's on your list, but just keep watching One Piece. Aside from some other robot shows, it is the one show that makes me legit cry.
SSAA Podcast<-A show about things involving stuff, mainly about anime, dramas and whatever comes to mind.

Follow me on Twitter

Jan 25, 2009 4:18 PM

Oct 2008
I know it's on your list, but just keep watching One Piece. Aside from some other robot shows, it is the one show that makes me legit cry.

Geez, Nami's arc was already depressing, it gets SADDER? Damn,
Jan 25, 2009 4:24 PM

Aug 2007
wesley96 said:

Try Canvas 2. I think that's what you're looking for. Also a very touching story is Mahoraba ~Heartful days~. Kino's Journey is very sad. Particularly episode 2 which was probably the most meaningful and tragic episodes I've ever seen. Heck, I'd say just watch episode 2. Also True Tears.
tigerzJan 25, 2009 4:29 PM
Jan 25, 2009 5:26 PM

Oct 2008
wesley96 said:

I'd recommend this one: http://myanimelist.net/anime/587/Hanbun_no_Tsuki_ga_Noboru_Sora

It's a very calm, sad but somehow also heartwarming story .... well it didn't make me cry but I was touched ... also imho it isn't as cheesy/sloppy as Air, Clannad and all those other animeseries which are a coproduction of KyoAni+Visual Key, which is imho a plus point ^^ .

On the other hand you might check out Kanon (2006) since you liked Air and Clannad .... produced by the same staff and very similar setting to Clannad... with (as far as I watched it) less comedy but the same sloppy moments
Jan 25, 2009 5:33 PM

Oct 2008
On the other hand you might check out Kanon (2006) since you liked Air and Clannad .... produced by the same staff and very similar setting to Clannad... with (as far as I watched it) less comedy but the same sloppy moments

I've been wanting to check out Kanon 06, it's just that Funimation has been deleting the eps constantly and I can't find them :(
Jan 25, 2009 5:37 PM

Sep 2007
wesley96 said:

Geez, Nami's arc was already depressing, it gets SADDER? Damn,

Good sir you have no idea. KEEP WATCHING.
SSAA Podcast<-A show about things involving stuff, mainly about anime, dramas and whatever comes to mind.

Follow me on Twitter

Jan 25, 2009 5:40 PM

Oct 2008
One Piece makes someone cry? Did I miss something? *is just reading the manga though*
Jan 25, 2009 5:50 PM

Oct 2008
Good sir you have no idea. KEEP WATCHING.

I will then ^_^

One Piece makes someone cry? Did I miss something? *is just reading the manga though*

You only read about
In the anime it's WAY more depressing
Jan 25, 2009 6:03 PM

Oct 2008
well... that one I also saw in the anime... I didn't find it that depressing ...
maybe I am just to cold hearted .... and I don't really like those sad parts in anime .... but this is going offtopic
Jan 25, 2009 6:07 PM

Nov 2007
@ wesley96

You should give Barefoot Gen a try, especially since you liked Grave of the Fireflies so much. Also try Ushiro no Shoumen Daare, as it's along the same lines.

Top wo Nerae has quite an emotionally charged ending to it.
Air (the movie) is an obvious suggestion
Clannad (movie) also has a few tear jerking moments
Tokyo Godfathers

Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ may not seem like an emotional anime, but wait till you see the last two episodes as the series makes sense then.

And finally, if you truly want to cry your eyes out (and trust me when I say this will make grown men of any age sob like a little girl - I've tested it on my friends and they all reacted the same, lots of manly tears abounded), then the movie you should watch is Flanders no Inu. If that movie doesn't make you bawl your eyes out at the sadness and injustice of the world, then you're made of stone.
What a day! What a lovely Day!
Jan 25, 2009 11:36 PM

Oct 2008
@ wesley96

Oh Rose of Versailles is also a tear jerker. Give that a try ^_^
Also, Aishiteruze Baby is also just endearing and some parts you just want to cry for Yuzuyu... that is if you haven't watched it already.

Mahoraba ~Heartful days~ is touching in some parts but it's mostly comedy from what I remembered. I actually originally recommended that for An00biz though... for being a not too typical harem anime.
Jan 26, 2009 12:50 AM

Aug 2007
StarSidereal said:
@ wesley96

Oh Rose of Versailles is also a tear jerker. Give that a try ^_^
Also, Aishiteruze Baby is also just endearing and some parts you just want to cry for Yuzuyu... that is if you haven't watched it already.

Mahoraba ~Heartful days~ is touching in some parts but it's mostly comedy from what I remembered. I actually originally recommended that for An00biz though... for being a not too typical harem anime.

Yeah, but people cry for different reasons. I don't cry at all so it's hard for me to figure it out but I know from personal experience that people will cry if they experience something heartfelt and sensational. In this case, it would be tears of joy rather than sadness. Kind of like when you watch people with disabilities participate in the special olympics. But it's true that there are probably a lot better tear jerkers out there than this.
tigerzJan 26, 2009 12:55 AM
Jan 28, 2009 4:33 PM

Sep 2008
Username:cooltjh4

Looking for: very interesting action packed martial arts anime/manga with at least a little romance. also maybe a underdog sorta thing to.

Favourite Genres: Romance, martial arts, comedy, horror, psychological, drama, slice of life, ecchi, harem, action, adventure, supernatural, and school life.

Any other comments/information: really appreciate it if u can help me.
i like Persona 4....ALOT....and Harvest moon games rule....

Jan 28, 2009 4:51 PM

Oct 2008
cooltjh4 said:
Username:cooltjh4

Looking for: very interesting action packed martial arts anime/manga with at least a little romance. also maybe a underdog sorta thing to.

Favourite Genres: Romance, martial arts, comedy, horror, psychological, drama, slice of life, ecchi, harem, action, adventure, supernatural, and school life.

Any other comments/information: really appreciate it if u can help me.

You've watched Rurouni Kenshin, then check out the OVAs, Tsuiokhen and Seisouhen
Jan 28, 2009 5:13 PM

Jan 2009
yup, and try History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi too!

Edit:oops!
PRESSitJan 28, 2009 6:11 PM
Jan 28, 2009 5:46 PM

Nov 2007
@ unregistered

He's already seen that one :)

@ cooltjh4

Himawari
Jyuushin Enbu - Hero Tales
Fighting Beauty Wulong
Samurai Girl
Muteki Kanban Musume
2x2 Shinobuden (more comedy than marital arts though)
Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou
Ninja Scroll
Kage Kara Mamoru!
Ranma
Hokuto no Ken
Souten no Ken
Fatal Fury
Shadow Skill
Grappler Baki
Hajime no Ippo (boxing)
Ahita no Joe (boxing)

And if you don'tmind the ecchi content

Sumomomo Momomo: Chijou Saikyou no Yome
Jan 28, 2009 6:38 PM

Sep 2008
thanks for the suggestions.
i like Persona 4....ALOT....and Harvest moon games rule....

Jan 28, 2009 6:59 PM

Feb 2008
Username: Orange-kun
Looking for: a good serious romantic anime that isn't a side plot, no ecchi, no moe (I repeat: no moe), and no unhealthy amounts of blushing, and no harems. Something more along the lines of Shinkai's works.
favorite genres: I don't think it really matters since I want romance/drama anime.

Yeah, I realize I just killed 95% of suggestions but w/e.
Jan 28, 2009 7:19 PM

Nov 2007
@ Orange-Kun

Lovely Complex
Kare Kano
Honey & Clover
Whisper of the Heart
Ocean Waves
REC
Bokura ga Ita
True Tears
Myself;Yourself
Suzuka
Aishiteruze Baby
Asatte no Houko
NANA
Jan 28, 2009 8:17 PM

Nov 2007
potatomac911 said:
I guess I will be the first to go, since I am new to anime.
Username: potatomac911
Looking for: I am looking for some kind of Action, Sci-F,i Mystery, Horror anime. I will try any kind. But I am not too crazy about the slice of life stuff. Or romance. I am more into action.
Favourite Genres: If played out right, Mecha. I like Action, Mystery, Sci-fi and horror. And well..I also love a good plot twist. I like animes that make you think.
Any other comments/information: I will not watch ANY ecchi type of anime. I also don't like it when animes have a ton of blood and gore. I don't like nudity in animes either.

Well, if anybody is nice enough to help me out. I will be very glad!
Thanks!
-Potatomac911

For you, I would definately go with Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Crazy anime that will make you think and on more of the mysterious side of things...I will warn you tho, it does get a bit bloody, but nothing that'll make your stomach churn.
Jan 29, 2009 1:57 AM

Oct 2008
Orange-kun said:
Username: Orange-kun
Looking for: a good serious romantic anime that isn't a side plot, no ecchi, no moe (I repeat: no moe), and no unhealthy amounts of blushing, and no harems. Something more along the lines of Shinkai's works.
favorite genres: I don't think it really matters since I want romance/drama anime.

Yeah, I realize I just killed 95% of suggestions but w/e.

once again I recommend: http://myanimelist.net/anime/587/Hanbun_no_Tsuki_ga_Noboru_Sora - i think this one quite fits your conditions for what you are looking for. Personally I think it is one of the best romance/drama series I have seen so far and hey, it only has 6 episodes so it is a quick watch
Feb 1, 2009 9:28 PM

Nov 2008
Username: aoikishu
Looking for: looking for a anime ( probably won't be able to watch it for a while ) that's about a person and their animal partner(s) that fight with them. Like Mai-hime "Children", and Kilala from Inuyasha, and digimon .. from digimon. Or weapon partners like Raising Heart from Nanoha or Soul from Soul Eater.
Feb 1, 2009 11:52 PM

Feb 2007
USERNAME: Boba_ganush06
LOOKING FOR: an anime that is a romance, comedy, action... EX) Shakugan no Shana, Fate/stay night, or Busou Renkin anything thing along those would be great thanks

Feb 2, 2009 12:06 AM

Jul 2008
(whistles)
Well, an anime that covers two of the criteria (romance and comedy) is Ouran High School Host Club. One of the funniest anime out there, and I'm sure you will love it.
Johnny Hunter, Megamurican!!

(Haruhi's Biggest Fan Husband Right Here!)
Feb 2, 2009 12:07 AM

Oct 2008
Boba_Ganush06 said:
LOOKING FOR: an anime that is a romance, comedy, action... EX) Shakugan no Shana, Fate/stay night, or Busou Renkin anything thing along those would be great thanks

I|d recommend trying Soul Eater (but that one is allready on your to watch list ... and isn't really fitting in the comedy genre). Besides that, if you don't mind ecchi you should go with Zero no Tsukaima and maybe Sekirei.Xam'd: Lost Memories would also be something you might like

and @aoikishu: the only anime which you didn't mention yet and I know that it would be in this category is Pokemon ^^
Feb 2, 2009 12:07 AM

Jul 2008
Just noticed, you haven't watched Shakugan no Shana season 2. If you liked the first one, you are bound to like the second.

After a bit more thought:
Zero no Tsukaima
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Toradora!
Full Metal Panic!
Hayate the Combat Butler (if highly experienced watcher)

Feb 2, 2009 12:09 AM

Oct 2008
Dr_Jan_Itor said:
Just noticed, you haven't watched Shakugan no Shana season 2. If you liked the first one, you are bound to like the second.

well imho the first one was way better
Feb 2, 2009 12:09 AM

Aug 2007
Boba_Ganush06 said:

Try Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk. If you like that there is a second series currently airing. It's not as dark, but has good romance, unique sense of comedy, and the action is like an RPG. I'm pretty sure you'll like it.
Feb 2, 2009 12:11 AM

Jul 2008
@An00biz: True, but most people are prone to watch sequels, and usually form a more positive opinion of it if they had a liking of the original.

Feb 2, 2009 12:16 AM

Jan 2009
USERNAME: reggietard

LOOKING FOR: anything romance/action/comedy/harem/ecchi/supernatural/mecha (don't care if its ecchi or not and doesn't need to include all the genres but if it did then dang thats 1 hell of an anime amirite?) I just need something to watch o.o

EXAMPLES: I recently just watched melancholy of haruhi suzumiya and i really liked it, or something like shakugan no shana or ZnT (idk why but the abusive main characters are fun to watch lol.)

Feb 2, 2009 12:22 AM

Jul 2008
Something that DOES include all those genres:
Excel Saga
Hayate the Combat Butler (recommend to watch later, as it is parody heavy)

Others you might like:
Lucky Star
Full Metal Panic Fummofu
Ouran High School Host Club

Feb 2, 2009 12:23 AM

Aug 2007
reggietard said:

LOOKING FOR: anything romance/action/comedy/harem/ecchi/supernatural/mecha (don't care if its ecchi or not and doesn't need to include all the genres but if it did then dang thats 1 hell of an anime amirite?) I just need something to watch o.o

EXAMPLES: I recently just watched melancholy of haruhi suzumiya and i really liked it, or something like shakugan no shana or ZnT (idk why but the abusive main characters are fun to watch lol.)

Try Inukami!. I think that is what you are looking for. It's romance, supernatural, action, comedy, ecchi, and harem with a tsundere female and a guy that gets abused by like 13 girls. Or you could look at Rozen maiden. You might like that one. It's got a dark atmosphere and a nice battle royale theme but it is funny and the female lead is very tsundere.
tigerzFeb 2, 2009 12:26 AM
Feb 2, 2009 12:36 AM

Feb 2007
thanks for all your help guys... got a lot of watching to do now

Feb 2, 2009 12:56 AM

Oct 2008
reggietard said:

You might as well try:
Shuffle! (imho the best harem series ever) even though it misses the action and the mecha part. It's a harem series with an rather unusual ending and I highly recommend watching it.
As mentioned earlier Hayate might also be something for you. It really is a mix of all those genres and you might like the female lead role Sanze'nin Nagi.

btw. I think I'll try Inukami! as well since I also look for an anime like that ^^

Feb 2, 2009 1:34 AM

Mar 2008
reggietard said:

Shuffle seems to fit all those categories. Seto no Hanayome, Nagasarete Airantou, maybe Hayate the Combat Butler.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2009 1:38 AM

Aug 2007
An00biz said:

You might as well try:
Shuffle! (imho the best harem series ever) even though it misses the action and the mecha part. It's a harem series with an rather unusual ending and I highly recommend watching it.
As mentioned earlier Hayate might also be something for you. It really is a mix of all those genres and you might like the female lead role Sanze'nin Nagi.

btw. I think I'll try Inukami! as well since I also look for an anime like that ^^

Haha, yeah I was gonna recommend shuffle too but it didn't have action in it so I figured Inukami would be a better fit. I'm surprised you haven't watched it though Anoobiz. I would have recommended it to you before but it is pretty obvious who the female lead is. I do think it is one of the more original stories so it will probably be your best bet at getting something similar to shuffle.

Although I should give you guys a warning:

Inukami is ecchi but there are an awful lot of elephants in this series so it might be a little akward at first. I skipped episode 2 (I think that is the dog one) because I thought it was too much but other than that it was bearable for me.
tigerzFeb 2, 2009 1:42 AM
Feb 3, 2009 9:50 PM

Sep 2007
Hi.

Username: Tsumi-tan
Looking for: A bunch of lolies
Favourite Genres: Beautiful character design, yes.
Any other comments/information: I just want lolies right now xD

DAME NINGEN!
Feb 3, 2009 11:11 PM

Oct 2008
Tsumi-tan said:
Hi.

Username: Tsumi-tan
Looking for: A bunch of lolies
Favourite Genres: Beautiful character design, yes.
Any other comments/information: I just want lolies right now xD

DAME NINGEN!

hmm... how about trying Strike Witches ... I haven't watched that one but a friend told me it is about a couple of lolis
Feb 4, 2009 7:26 AM

Nov 2007
@ Tsumi-tan

Ichigo Mashimaro
Kyou no Go no Ni (TV series)
Binchotan
iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia
Gunslinger Girl - Il Teatrino
Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!
Kodomo no Jikan
Yawaraka Sangokushi Tsukisase!! Ryofuko-chan
Feb 4, 2009 11:37 AM

Feb 2009
Hi.

Username: Shiomi
Looking for: something to shut down my boredom
Favourite Genres: Schoollife, romantic comedy, shonen (action like bleach or soul eater [NO NARUTO !!!])
Any other comments/information: *slaps An00biz*

thanks

Feb 4, 2009 11:58 AM

Aug 2007
Shiomi said:
Hi.

Favourite Genres: Schoollife, romantic comedy, shonen (action like bleach or soul eater [NO NARUTO !!!])

thanks

Great Teacher Onizuka has almost everything you're looking for. Extremely funny, it's all about school, fast paced, a little bit of fighting, and a bit of romance here and there. Definitely far from bleach type shounens in terms of fighting but it is considered a shounen.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi is one where a kid trains to become versed in all martial arts so you might like it. It's got a light, comedic feel to it and there's a bit of romance. The people he fights are usually thugs who go to his high school.

School Rumble is another really funny romantic comedy/school life that doesn't have any action but is so good at the former 2 that it is worth watching. Very popular and a fan favorite.
Feb 4, 2009 12:00 PM

Feb 2009
thank you very much

school rumble was already recommended but I didn't watch it yet

I read a part of GTO and yeah it was really funny, I will try the anime, ty

Feb 4, 2009 12:55 PM

Oct 2008
Username: An00biz
Looking for: A good shounen anime with a female heroine (something like Shana for instance)
Favourite Genres: doesn't really matter since I actually look for a shonen anime
Any other comments/information: a tsunderekko-heroine would be nice ^^
Feb 4, 2009 1:08 PM

Nov 2007
@ Shiomi

GINTAMA!

@ An00biz

Seirei no Moribito - see what a real female heroine is like.
Feb 4, 2009 1:08 PM

Sep 2007
An00biz said:
Username: An00biz
Looking for: A good shounen anime with a female heroine (something like Shana for instance)
Favourite Genres: doesn't really matter since I actually look for a shonen anime
Any other comments/information: a tsunderekko-heroine would be nice ^^

That is a very tough to decide since you didn't like Claymore. I'm going to have to go with Air Master. Its about this tall gymnast turned street fighter. I don't know how better to explain it, but you should check it out.

Shiomi said:
Hi.

thanks

I agree with Gintama.
doctorFeb 4, 2009 1:11 PM

Follow me on Twitter

Feb 4, 2009 1:52 PM

Sep 2007
Thanks, An00biz and Archaeon (:

They were all in my ''plan to watch'' xDD I have too many animes in there, so i was lost.

Thanks again x)
Feb 8, 2009 4:10 PM

Nov 2008
Sorry, but since it seems mine was skipped I'll post again.
aoikishu said:
Username: aoikishu
Looking for: looking for a anime ( probably won't be able to watch it for a while ) that's about a person and their animal partner(s) that fight with them. Like Mai-hime "Children", and Kilala from Inuyasha, and digimon .. from digimon. Or weapon partners like Raising Heart from Nanoha or Soul from Soul Eater.
Feb 8, 2009 4:47 PM

Nov 2007
@ aoikishu

iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia
Mushi-Uta
Ga-Rei -Zero-
Dragonaut - The Resonance
Shaman King
Feb 10, 2009 2:09 AM

Dec 2008
Username: Kyouri
Looking for: (under 50 ep. if possible) a good action/mecha series similar to gunbuster 1/2 if something like that exists, that or a good comedy like Seto no Hanayome. (if possible, without allot of sad, depressing stuff)
Feb 10, 2009 2:28 AM

Nov 2007
@ Kyouri

Action/mecha:

Bokurano
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still (not so much mecha as giant robot, but bloody good regardless)
Macross (Plus, Frontier, Zero, etc, etc)
Gundam (again, mutiple titles to choose from)
Sakura Taisen
Zone of the Enders

Comedy:

Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu
Yoshinaga-san'chi no Gargoyle
Renkin San-kyuu Magical? Pokaan
Inukami! The Movie
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Guys check my oil painting of Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko, and Suzume no Tojimari.

mufarari - Jan 20

0 by mufarari »»
Jan 20, 5:14 AM

Sticky: » [ ★ ] Staff Recruitment

Timrots - Sep 25, 2018

1 by removed-user »»
Aug 26, 2021 2:05 AM

Sticky: » [HTWA] Introduce Yourself ( 1 2 3 4 )

tigerz - Feb 5, 2009

190 by removed-user »»
Aug 26, 2021 2:01 AM

» What Counts as Anime? ( 1 2 )

kittenz73 - Jan 9, 2009

60 by mdo7 »»
Dec 11, 2020 1:49 PM

» Anyone know were i can watch Glass no Kamen (2005)

Max_Hawkins - Aug 25, 2020

0 by Max_Hawkins »»
Aug 25, 2020 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.