Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 14, 2013 1:18 AM
Dec 2012
Just a quick hint for people who want to know where the story might be going, in the ED, look at the pictures on all the walls :)
RaigrexJul 14, 2013 1:23 AM
Jul 14, 2013 1:27 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
I had the impression that everyone in the Scouting Legion were a bunch of uptight badasses like Levi, but it seems like there's more to that than I thought. Good episode and I'm glad that they didn't decide to join the Military Police, I got this sense of corruption this episode, especially from people within Wall Sina.
Jul 14, 2013 2:08 AM
Jan 2012
Patureau said:
Amarrez said:
Patureau said:
For those who have read the manga i have a question, will the story split now ? will we have ehren, levi, and the scouting legion on one side and mikasa, almin, sasha, and everyone else on another part of the story ? or will they all stick together somehow ?

got it, thanks =)

That doesn't mean Annie won't be important though :P

Jul 14, 2013 2:09 AM
Sep 2012
Amarrez said:

Did someone say titans?

thought that was sasha for a sec. I thought she was going to say "You waste food too? you eat humans and then throw them up? ill f**king kill you"
Jul 14, 2013 2:49 AM

May 2010
damn he beat the shit out of eren but for the greater good i guess, also that new OP was godlike, one of thee best ive seen in ages also we getting a sneak preview toward the end? thing are are finally starting to pick up
Jul 14, 2013 3:02 AM

Aug 2012
Elite60 said:

Mikasa gave me the chills with that look.

Mikasa's death stare
Jul 14, 2013 3:03 AM
Feb 2012
I like the new ending; the opening not so much. The episode itself nicely adapted the corresponding manga scenes and that's all I care about right now.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 14, 2013 3:08 AM

Jun 2009
New OP is terrible, new ED is terrible

Adaptation was good
Jul 14, 2013 3:18 AM

Feb 2010
New ed was better than the other one. Haven't decided on the op yet.

This next arc will be the best thing ever. I loved the music that started playing when Mikasa was saying about Eren saving her.
Jul 14, 2013 3:20 AM

Nov 2012
Whoa, humans treating Erin like that...

"WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO DESERVE THIS FROM THE TITANS!?"

- . -

Jul 14, 2013 3:21 AM

Nov 2012
hee.. new OP and ED... not really bad.. :3
btw shit just getting real now..
that moment when levi making eren lost his teeth XD
mikasa expression is so fucking awesome! XD

in the end.. eren has a new teeth :3

next episode eren became a recon corps.. what happen with mikasa and armin yeah?! :3
Jul 14, 2013 3:23 AM

Jun 2010
The first thirteen seconds of the opening sounds like a national anthem rofl. I think the first op was better but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Hanji doesn't look like a man in the adaptation? Haha.

Dat BA Levi and rage face Mikasa!

The ED song was great.

Nice ep, can't wait for more Hanji's craziness.
Jul 14, 2013 3:29 AM

Oct 2009
Pretty good new OP but i like the ED better, still gonna miss the first OP/ED they were the best~

^What is this? Another transforming Titan? A girl :O! O.O
AozureJul 14, 2013 3:40 AM
Jul 14, 2013 3:35 AM

Aug 2011
And we're back on track with the story after last week's recap episode.

This episode was really good and it all started with a great animated OP with the 2nd OP sung by Linked Horizon, it all fit well and all the foreshadow to it, one can only wait for the show to go on, and for me who has read the manga is happy to know where the anime will end and I'm quite satisfied to know that.

Dat Hanji scare, I'm not even mad.

I'm glad the studio brought out Marco in Eren's vision of what the others might be doing while he is being held, and has no idea that Marco died a few days earlier. Nice touch there.

The trial episode was well adapted and we finally get to see all the different factions inside of the Walls, and their respective commanders being present. With them saying what they will benefit from Eren, we also get other factions spout out crap on why he shouldn't be alive for the safety and can't look at the bigger picture due to their fear against the Titans. Then Eren does he big man speech just to get beat the tooth out by Levi...in the hard discipline way. God he is good. He is not that bad of a person once you get to know him as the story progress, and he is one essential person to this arc, can't wait for more!

The ED was nice, and I'm glad they included the top 10 stance with Armin taking Marco's spot. The adaption has been really faithful so far, and I don't think the studio will risk the wrath of the fans if they went something anime original for a show like this. If they do, they have some BIG balls to have the courage to pull something like that for a show that has grown out of the charts once it started to air.

Jul 14, 2013 3:49 AM

Aug 2012
I loved this episode, in my opinion it was worth waiting 2 weeks, made me like Eren a little bit. I'm so waiting for more episodes to come out !
Jul 14, 2013 4:02 AM

Feb 2012
Danny-REI said:
Pretty good new OP but i like the ED better, still gonna miss the first OP/ED they were the best~

^What is this? Another transforming Titan? A girl :O! O.O

Considering the haircut I would say Annie or Mikasa (or Armin just grew boobs somehow).
Hope it's Annie. A Mikasa-Titan at this point would be disappointing -_-"
Jul 14, 2013 4:17 AM

Jun 2010
SHIT SO EREN'S IMMORTAL THATS JUST AWESOME
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jul 14, 2013 4:22 AM

Jan 2013
New OP was great, but I still prefer the first one.

Poor Eren, but I'm happy that he is till alive,

Rivaille was so violent for him, but he saved Eren ^^ and dat Mikasa's face, lol xD

New ED is a lot better than first ^^
Jul 14, 2013 4:27 AM

Jan 2012
Great OP/ED, really did dig them!!
The whole court scene was good, especially the part where Levi was beating Eren, thought that they adapted that quite well.
Just can't wait for this arc to kick in, my favourite of the whole series thus far >.<
Jul 14, 2013 4:30 AM
Jun 2013
OutlawJess said:
Teemio said:
I loved the whole episode, including the OP. Didn't get why some people didn't like it due to it not being Guren no yumiya, still pretty awesome song.
The OP had some foreshadowing/spoiler or whatever going on for those who read the manga. :3
http://i.imgur.com/q5u0DFY.jpg
(Sorry I don't know how to use spoilers. Also dunno how to put pictures in spoilers... sowwie.)

Thank you. :D
Jul 14, 2013 5:04 AM

Dec 2009
Still lots of stills, but at least it wasn't bad since the episode was about talking and not fighting. Semi-excited again.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 14, 2013 5:18 AM

Feb 2012
MOARRRR Hanji. FVCKKKK. It's Sasha's Long Lost Twin Sister. FUWAHHHHHHH
Jul 14, 2013 5:44 AM

Jan 2013
Epic episode

Hate the opening
Jul 14, 2013 5:49 AM
Jun 2013
Does anyone know the score which starts when Mikasa is talking about how Eren saved two times her life? The music is from 16:10-18:22. AMAZING SONG!!!

EDIT: got it. It's "Call Your Name" by Hiroyuki Sawano

Seems like an instrumental version. Does anyone know where I can find this song instrumental?
ValendroJul 14, 2013 5:56 AM
Jul 14, 2013 5:57 AM

Feb 2013
Loved it! One of my favourite episodes.
Jul 14, 2013 6:01 AM

May 2009
Valendro said:
EDIT: got it. It's "Call Your Name" by Hiroyuki Sawano

Seems like an instrumental version. Does anyone know where I can find this song instrumental?
Hopefully, it'll be released with the second OST or as a bonus disc.
Jul 14, 2013 6:07 AM

May 2011
Can’t say if the animation quality increased after their break or not. It looked on a similar level, though at least it didn’t look unfinished, which is always a plus. One thing is for sure, though - I enjoyed this episode much more than I did the last few ones. The pacing was nice, things were moving along. Let’s hope it stays that way, I don’t really want another Trost arc. :D

Not a fan of the new OP/ED. Didn’t like the new OP song at all, but after that first one, it was obvious it’d be difficult to top. It was too addicting. :D The ED wasn’t as bad, but I also prefered the older one. I’ll miss Hikasa, SnK actually made me really like her as a singer.

Oh, also, almost forgot! I guess I can see now where the Hanji fans were coming from, I am starting to like her as well. I’m glad I didn’t read the manga pst the Trost arc, it’s very nice to get some new content.
Jul 14, 2013 6:07 AM

Apr 2013
Well, this was a good episode.
Jul 14, 2013 6:49 AM

Mar 2012
While the first OP was a hard act to follow, they sure did try. Needless to say it's still not as good but I loved the gratuitous German. Although I still prefer the full version of Jiyuu no Tsubasa over the full version of Guren no Yumiya. New ED is okay, but I'm pissed that they replaced Yoko Hikasa's beautiful voice with one of those dudebro bands.

It's nice to finally leave Trost. It was interesting to see the outside world's reaction to Eren's Titan transformation and the consequences he has to face for having those super human abilities. If Eren turning into a Titan was an ass pull, then it's the most well thought out ass pull I've ever seen.
Jul 14, 2013 7:22 AM

May 2013
good op and ed.
they animated the trial scene very well. levi was as cool as in the manga
Jul 14, 2013 8:01 AM

Aug 2012
I like the new opening, but prefer the first one.
It was a good episode, poor Eren though.. My heart hurt when Levi beated him up ): But Levi is f*cking badass. And dat face of Mikasa at the trial, genius.

5/5
Jul 14, 2013 8:13 AM

Jan 2013
Valencia said:
Did anyone else noticed Mikasa's Cleavage scene in the OP? LOl, pretty hot there.

Jul 14, 2013 8:17 AM
Dec 2012
OutlawJess said:
Valencia said:
Did anyone else noticed Mikasa's Cleavage scene in the OP? LOl, pretty hot there.

They refused to show her abs lol.
Jul 14, 2013 8:26 AM

Sep 2007
I'm surprised Eren didn't turn into a Titan at the trial, Levi beat him up so badly that he was bleeding and all (I didn't get the impression that Eren was beat up to the point of bleeding in the manga)

So Eren does have some degree of control over the transformation then?
Can't wait for the next episode....hahaha, the survey corps are all "crazy people" xD

Love you Hanji~ <3
IkanoJul 14, 2013 8:30 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jul 14, 2013 8:36 AM

Sep 2010
Fast growing teeth haha

Nice ep
Jul 14, 2013 8:40 AM

Nov 2010
New OP/ED
Songs are not as epic as the first though, but nice to see a new ones

Levi is quite brutal, it's funny to see Mikasa Raging during the beat up and Eren regenerated his tooth
Jul 14, 2013 8:53 AM

Jun 2013
Godtier_Taste said:
Really cool OP dat goddamn sexy blue eyes titan... DARE I say it... An-, ED was okay... nothing special. WTF Who the FUCK is Levi??!!1 It's Rivaille!!! Goddamn and what the FUCK is Recon Corps??111 It's Scouting Legion!!! Get it right.

I agree with Scouting Legion -.- it sounds cooler than Recon Corps...
But Rivalle's official name is Levi, the author even announced it.(its weird for me too...he will always be Rivalle to me)
Jul 14, 2013 9:00 AM
Dec 2012
buttercups7273 said:
Godtier_Taste said:
Really cool OP dat goddamn sexy blue eyes titan... DARE I say it... An-, ED was okay... nothing special. WTF Who the FUCK is Levi??!!1 It's Rivaille!!! Goddamn and what the FUCK is Recon Corps??111 It's Scouting Legion!!! Get it right.

But Rivalle's official name is Levi, the author even announced it.(its weird for me too...he will always be Rivalle to me)
what, any source? and is the name spelt in english?
Jul 14, 2013 9:24 AM
Jul 2013
Raigrex said:
buttercups7273 said:
Godtier_Taste said:

what, any source? and is the name spelt in english?

The author said on his blog that he named Levi after Levi of "Jesus Camp".
Jul 14, 2013 9:29 AM

Jun 2011
Levi gave Eren a beating. Well, I guess that's his way of demonstrating that he can keep Eren under control.

Great episode this week. I like the new OP and ED. The new OP isn't meme-worthy but is still good (the first is still better). The new ED is quite different from the old one, which is nice.

Jul 14, 2013 9:29 AM
Jan 2012
Also, a fun fact, "リヴァイ" in japanese (Rivai/Ribai) can either mean "revival" (リヴァイヴァル, rivaivaru) or "leviathan" (リヴァイアサン, rivaiasan)
Jul 14, 2013 10:06 AM
Jan 2011
Whoa, that Levi is quite a sadist, beating Eren to a plup, boy I wish I could do that to "Placement," "Infatuate," "Icantfeelmyarms," and to "Roriconfan."
Jul 14, 2013 10:29 AM
Jul 2013
I can't believe after he was beaten up so badly and I thought he gonna die, he still said 'a little' when hanji treating his wounds and asked 'it hurts,right?'(i don't think hanji referred about treating the wound). but thinking that he lost his arm once and biting his hand like eating crepes, it is nothing for him
Jul 14, 2013 11:03 AM

Mar 2013
I liked the new OP but I think the old was better. I much prefer the new ED tho.
Jul 14, 2013 11:18 AM

Apr 2009
I like the new OP, though the old one was more hot-blooded and thus better.

Kinda can't believe that after all that Eren is sentenced to death. He made humanity progress. Yes, he lost control of his Titan state right after he transformed, but this is really the only weapon they have against the Titans...

Also Eren finally achieved his childhood dream. Yaaaaay.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Jul 14, 2013 11:33 AM

Dec 2012
By far my favorite episode thus far. I do have to admit I miss OP1, yet OP2 has much better visuals. Great, amazing, can't wait to see what happens next.
Jul 14, 2013 11:44 AM

May 2012
There's something about Levi...that I just love..
Jul 14, 2013 12:16 PM

May 2012
Okay episode, i suppose. Bit too many static shots, i felt like i was watching a Motion Comic.

Seeing him smack some sense into Eren was great though.
Jul 14, 2013 12:28 PM

May 2013
Good episode, a lot of tension. I'm interested in what the mission is and how it will it go. I miss the first OP but the new one will do. Great visuals btw. The new ED is awesome prefer this one to the first one.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jul 14, 2013 12:55 PM

Nov 2007
Cross armed in the court martial room? Levi is such a badass. :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.