Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 22, 2013 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Run, run runnnn. (don't walk :p, run)

Okay episode I guess. The last part was somewhat tense. *door opening anticipation*
Jun 23, 2013 6:54 AM
Apr 2011
So we finally reach the middle part of chapter 20. It's still too far from the best possible point in the story to end the anime. My guess is they will either deviate from the manga or skip a lot of chapters.
Jun 23, 2013 6:56 AM

Sep 2011
I knew that writing a self-demeaning essay wouldn't cut it this time and that to amend his relationship with Nakamura he'd have to really step it up; however, I didn't at all expect him to be so bold as to invade her territory.

I also don't understand why Saeki's "friend" is still trying to meddle into Kasuga's business. What is she trying to accomplish ? She got what she wanted so she should back off already.
Jun 23, 2013 7:14 AM
Apr 2011
Tadanga said:
I knew that writing a self-demeaning essay wouldn't cut it this time and that to amend his relationship with Nakamura he'd have to really step it up; however, I didn't at all expect him to be so bold as to invade her territory.

I also don't understand why Saeki's "friend" is still trying to meddle into Kasuga's business. What is she trying to accomplish ? She got what she wanted so she should back off already.

Saeki's friend is the only sane person in the manga. Too bad we probably won't get to see the things that she did in the manga.
Jun 23, 2013 7:45 AM

Dec 2008
ravagestorm said:
So we finally reach the middle part of chapter 20. It's still too far from the best possible point in the story to end the anime. My guess is they will either deviate from the manga or skip a lot of chapters.

I think the anime will continue to follow the manga and ends with the volume 4. If the show had had another 6 episodes would have concluded the first arc. I hope for the second season.
Jun 23, 2013 12:56 PM
Feb 2013
Pretty calm episode for the most part (except Kasuga running after Nakamura and the end), calm before the storm I guess.
Animation went down a bit again. I found it to be really good last weak, but this week it was ok at best (many stillframes again).
Can't say anything about where it'll since I didn't read the Manga. Just hope the ending will be good :D
Check out my Blog on Wordpress: http://korisanime.wordpress.com/
Jun 23, 2013 6:33 PM

Apr 2011
I'm so curious as to how they will end this. I'm tempted to read ahead in the manga(I do plan on reading the manga after the show finishes) to find out how they will end it. This really needed 24 episodes, hell maybe we might get a second season. Sometimes even if an anime doesn't do well if it increases sales of the manga significantly it can get green lit.

Overall I've really enjoyed this series, I will probably give it an 8/10. It had its issues, but I really liked it. Most of the stuff people complain about I actually think the opposite. Can't wait to get into the manga after it is finished, although I honestly think it might lose a bit of the impact the anime has. I know obviously a lot disagree, but the art style and pacing really just does an amazing job at setting a realistic tone and mood.
Jun 23, 2013 6:48 PM

Dec 2012
Pretty good episode. I can't wait to see how they end it!
Jun 23, 2013 6:52 PM

Jan 2012
interested to see how its going to end now, this anime sure likes to have periods of time where nothing happens, its kinda like there trying to be artistic in a way, and while on some episode its kinda worked, sometimes its just boring and unnecessary especially when there is only one episode left, only half decent parts of the episode was the running scene, and the end apart from that.... average!
Jun 23, 2013 6:58 PM

Nov 2012
Wow, Sawa's parents are actually pretty normal.

"Can I go to the bathroom?"
"Yea, sure, as long as you're not a shithead.."
Jun 23, 2013 7:16 PM

Aug 2011
Damnit I wanted to see the room this week. Good episode i guess.
Jun 23, 2013 7:26 PM

May 2013
Man one more episode to go. This anime is awesome.
Jun 23, 2013 7:51 PM
Sep 2012
this was really great,
"I got a life in my grip, she holding tight to my wrist
She screaming: "Don't let me slip"
She see the tears in my eyes, I see the fear on her lips"

Aug 2012
I was so concentrated on the last part at the sudden silence that the ending just scared me coming out so suddenly..

Can't wait for the last episode then going for the manga :).
The magic Key work is not something you can explain, it's something that you let it happen .. It's very beautiful and masterful.

Dec 2012
The final episode... Nakamura's room.
Jun 23, 2013 8:35 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I wonder too how Nakamura became the way she is. It must be difficult to be her father. Takao definitely changed since he can now bravely chase Nakamura while reading his letter out loud. It definitely is too bad that we (most likely) won't be seeing how different Saeki is, because I remember that giving me a shock. Nakamura in the anime seems a lot sadder than in the manga. She seemed pretty insane to me the whole time whereas here, I kind of feel bad for her. I'm very curious to see how they will end this.
Jun 23, 2013 8:37 PM

Dec 2012
The ending scene with Kasuga approaching the door gave me a Mirai Nikki vibe. I rarely get the urge to continue a series with its manga counterpart, but Aku is really tempting me now.
Jun 23, 2013 9:08 PM
Aug 2010
I assume that it will going to be a second season, I read the manga it is way to impossible to end it the same way
Jun 23, 2013 10:56 PM

May 2010
ahh such a cliffhanger..i wanna see whats inside Now! 5/5
Jun 24, 2013 2:06 AM

Oct 2012
another great episode...

...running scene was awesome...

... them Yamada and Kojima guys always make me laugh, they're epic... =D

... I bet Nakamura's room is all nice and clean, all pink and cute..with picture of her mum on a desk... <----- that kind of room would be most bizzare
-----------------------------------------------

anyways, it seems that ppl enjoying this show must be a bit older ones.... the ones Life was tough on them, the ones who understand Life sucks and is no joke, yet it's beautiful... have already sorted out certain things in their minds.... younger ones seem to rate this show badly, actually they don't watch it, cause they don't understand it (maybe they have happy carefree life..)

So, how old r u?
I'm 32...

Jun 24, 2013 2:27 AM
Mar 2011
Marko3 said:
another great episode...

... I bet Nakamura's room is all nice and clean, all pink and cute..with picture of her mum on a desk... <----- that kind of room would be most bizzare

anyways, it seems that ppl enjoying this show must be a bit older ones.... the ones Life was tough on them, the ones who understand Life sucks and is no joke, yet it's beautiful... have already sorted out certain things in their minds.... younger ones seem to rate this show badly, actually they don't watch it, cause they don't understand it (maybe they have happy carefree life..)

So, how old r u?
I'm 32...

Yea I agree that this anime is probably more suited for the 18+ crowd. I'm 20.
Check out my blog @ displacedmodernity.blogspot.com
Jun 24, 2013 9:41 AM

Dec 2009
Really curious about how this will end.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 24, 2013 10:20 AM

Sep 2009
That ending...I need the next episode now. I need to see what's behind the door.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Jun 24, 2013 10:52 AM

Jan 2013
The running scene was impressive. Drawing a new background every few frames.

Great episode, very suspenceful
Jun 24, 2013 11:50 AM

May 2012
I'm so glad I only have to put up with this show for one more episode. Next season I think I'll be dropping crap early rather than trying to finish it.

Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jun 24, 2013 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
Marko3 said:
another great episode...

So, how old r u?
I'm 32...

I'm 24 1/2. Most of my life was a living hell to me with tons of hardships, failures and disappointments. I've been bullied for almost all my life, I don't enjoy what everybody else enjoy (For example everybody is in sports, but I like reading), mostly a shut-in with no friends to hang out with like normal people due to life experiences and how I was the one weirdo in class and thus never trusted anyone. Even among my family, I don't have anyone to sit with and talk to him in a normal basis.

Flower of Evil reflects a lot of my past and present self in both Kasuga and Nakamura. How it feels to be an outcast in the class, how does it feel to be on your own with no one else to share your interests together. And when you think you've found one, he betrays you and turns out as hypocrite as everybody else.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jun 24, 2013 2:37 PM

Jun 2011
the pace became too slow in the latest 5 episodes
Jun 24, 2013 2:41 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
It's not normal that I laugh out loud when I watch this show, but seeing Kasuda running full speed while trying to read his "essay" to Nakamura was hilarious. And I wonder what he finds behind that door.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 24, 2013 3:14 PM

Feb 2012
Imo the running scene was kinda funny, at least to me.

Great episode once again, I hope he will find out all kinds of anime related figures, dvds and pillows in Nakamura's room.

#OtakuLife.
Jun 24, 2013 3:42 PM

May 2010
..... they couldnt at least show us what was inside. such a cliffhanger ;;
Jun 24, 2013 4:41 PM

Apr 2012
I can't believe there's only one episode left. ;-;
u gay
Jun 24, 2013 5:14 PM
Mar 2011
lightXTC said:
I'm so glad I only have to put up with this show for one more episode. Next season I think I'll be dropping crap early rather than trying to finish it.

first, kudos to you for sticking with the anime even if you hate. (seriously, no sarcasm)

to answer your spoiler

this would be better if there were 23-24 episodes. the 13 epi will cover chapters 21-22 (if they stick with the manga / no original anime ending)
chapters 22-33 is twice as better as the first 20 and the pacing is alot faster (at least in the manga)
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jun 24, 2013 7:08 PM

Jan 2010
Hmm. I still hate the rotoscoping with every fiber of my being... and I ALSO think the story is good... But for some reason, which I haven't yet been able to process entirely, this episode made me think that the ending will be bad. Not as in a "bad ending" for the characters (which I actually think would be awesome), I mean as in disappointing.
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Jun 24, 2013 7:23 PM
Mar 2012
Well, thanks to ZEXCS, people that never read the manga won't understand Saeki's OP at all.
Jun 24, 2013 7:41 PM
May 2011
good episode. loved the running scene. i hate that they didn't show us at least a tiny bit of the inside her room, ughguhfghkshgisakugeeqwatg. but yeah i hope what everyone is saying about a second season is right.
Jun 24, 2013 10:27 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, any guy that has tried to repair an already broken relationship has felt the pain of that running scene. And I almost feel sorry for Nakamura's dad. She's gotta be a handful. Any bets on what what room of her's is gonna look like?

Jun 24, 2013 11:51 PM

Oct 2012
DonKangolJones said:
Any bets on what what room of her's is gonna look like?

as I said imo it would be most bizzare ... if Nakamura's room was all nice and clean, all pink and cute... with picture of her mum on a desk...

Jun 25, 2013 12:04 AM

Aug 2012
I'm so glad that I did listen to my gut feeling and just followed it from the beginning, instead of listening to all the negative complaints.
Jun 25, 2013 12:05 AM

Oct 2012
SHINOBI-03 said:
Marko3 said:
another great episode...

So, how old r u?
I'm 32...

I'm 24 1/2. Most of my life was a living hell to me with tons of hardships, failures and disappointments. I've been bullied for almost all my life, I don't enjoy what everybody else enjoy (For example everybody is in sports, but I like reading), mostly a shut-in with no friends to hang out with like normal people due to life experiences and how I was the one weirdo in class and thus never trusted anyone. Even among my family, I don't have anyone to sit with and talk to him in a normal basis.

Flower of Evil reflects a lot of my past and present self in both Kasuga and Nakamura. How it feels to be an outcast in the class, how does it feel to be on your own with no one else to share your interests together. And when you think you've found one, he betrays you and turns out as hypocrite as everybody else.

hey, man... I understand u... it's hard... I'm an adult child of alcoholics...
had mostly the same problems...am on my get-better mission for 10 years now... I love every day, I like myself...

but you're a survivor... u haven't lost your will to live, u love anime...that's good...
U know... read good self-help books, try to go to visit psychiatrist (just to start talk out your frustrations), mostly try to have fun, try to like even small things in your life... start with small steps and don't rush it...though repairing your subconscious takes time, don't give up. Things will get bright eventually... =)

Jun 25, 2013 12:14 AM

Oct 2012
Nuxhead said:

Marisplague said:

I really enjoyed this show (buying the manga now) but I'm 19 so...

well, I guess my theory of Aku no Hana being anime suited only for older viewers goes down in flames.. XD

Jun 25, 2013 7:20 AM

Oct 2012
I actually felt like this episode was a letdown after last week's emotional high. From where I stand, I have no idea which direction this finale is going.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Jun 25, 2013 7:23 AM

Jan 2013
Marko3 said:

hey, man... I understand u... it's hard... I'm an adult child of alcoholics...
had mostly the same problems...am on my get-better mission for 10 years now... I love every day, I like myself...

but you're a survivor... u haven't lost your will to live, u love anime...that's good...
U know... read good self-help books, try to go to visit psychiatrist (just to start talk out your frustrations), mostly try to have fun, try to like even small things in your life... start with small steps and don't rush it...though repairing your subconscious takes time, don't give up. Things will get bright eventually... =)

I got a lot of mental help from buddies at other forums. When I thought my life was the worst, they reminded that there are others who are in worse state than I am and it made me better and forget my selfish problems.

Anyway, my current life is getting better. I graduated from college, I found a decent job, and slowly but surely getting more independent and not as liable as in the past.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jun 25, 2013 7:30 AM

Dec 2010
SHINOBI-03 said:

You kinda described the past 10 years I've been through too. The things that kept me alive where my family (sorta), anime, videogames & music. But I got the feeling I'm on the homestretch to a new chapter of my life. You have to find your own way, your own self that you want to be not what others want you to be and stick with it.

Marko3 said:
Nuxhead said:

Marisplague said:

I really enjoyed this show (buying the manga now) but I'm 19 so...

well, I guess my theory of Aku no Hana being anime suited only for older viewers goes down in flames.. XD

Guess we are in the minority here, I'm 29 and dig this show. I can totally relate to Kasuga and root for him ;-)
Jun 25, 2013 8:17 AM

Jul 2011
Her parents are quite normal. That's a suprise.
Jun 25, 2013 12:44 PM

Jan 2013
They adapted this part really well IMO from the manga. I doubt we'll see a second season so I hope they end it well.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 25, 2013 1:53 PM

Feb 2012
Good episode. Although I just can't help but pity Kasuga... in a bad way.
Nakamura's father seemed nice and her grandmother was rather sweet. Pretty surprising.
I'm quite curious how they'll end this anime, I'd be pleased if there was a second season, but I guess it won't happen.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jun 25, 2013 3:00 PM
Mar 2013
Christ, that had me captivated the whole way through, cannot wait for the conclusion.
Jun 25, 2013 5:06 PM

Jun 2012
Please, have a slower episode.

Jun 25, 2013 5:25 PM

Jul 2009
Lol that fucking ED theme scared the crap out of me
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 25, 2013 6:32 PM

Mar 2009
This is the biggest cliffhanger of the season. I'm curious to see what her room looks like.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

325 by princesjelyfish »»
May 4, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

253 by princesjelyfish »»
Apr 24, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

118 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.