Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2013 7:07 PM

Jan 2013
SapphireDragon said:
this anime is one huge shitstorm, lol, i love it.
loled at the scene where he saw the bikini billboard at the beginning, and i wonder how that marriage proposal will work out... hmmm, interesting.

oh yeah, and about this whole rape business, IT WASNT FREAKING RAPE, SHE WANTED THE D AND SHE GOT IT. lol, but seriously, she didnt consider it rape, she still loves haruto.
Some MAL users don't agree with that.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 20, 2013 7:08 PM

Jan 2010
I gotta say, that was a really good episode. Good good, not bad good. I think the show is totally stepping up.

Poor adorable Akira. I just wanted to give her a big hug. I don't understand what social anxiety is like, but I can totally feel for her. It's great that Shouko cares about her so much, but she can't quite understand why Akira is like that since she's so extroverted herself.

I actually really liked Shouko in this episode. I felt so bad for her though. She got to confirm that her dad is still living and see him again, but then he was taken away from her forever. I was hoping she would come up with one of her stupidly brilliant ideas, but she couldn't do a thing this time. Dang.

That ending though. Oh my gosh, I didn't expect it. I was laughing my head off. These twists in this show never fail to surprise me. That was pretty manly of Haruto taking responsibility like that. I really hope he does end up falling in love with Saki, because it wouldn't be fair to her otherwise.

Also why am I not surprised that the Valvrave tag in Tumblr is full of idiots as usual? I should really stop going in that tag or else they'll infect me with their stupidity.
diyedasJun 20, 2013 7:38 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2013 7:09 PM

Jul 2007
lplayer19 said:
Fai said:
lplayer19 said:
Fai said:
Lykros said:
what I am saying is you can not rape the willing.

Wrong. Gross. Get Out.

Well it was confirmed at the beginning of the episode that she was ok with it. She said she would not let him apologize to her and still harbored feelings for him. We'll just have to see what happens in episode 12 I guess.

Jus tbecause she does not consider it rape, does not make it not rape.

I really think it would be up to the person who had it happen to them. Saki didnt consider it rape. Maybe it was though or maybe it was not. The producers probably had it in there just so there would be an argument like this.

Most of rape victims have a strong need to rationalize what has happened to them, especially those who have feelings for their rapists. It changes nothing. You can be stabbed with a kitchen knife and no matter how much you try to convince you were not, you still have been stabbed with a kitchen knife.

SapphireDragon said:
oh yeah, and about this whole rape business, IT WASNT FREAKING RAPE, SHE WANTED THE D AND SHE GOT IT. lol, but seriously, she didnt consider it rape, she still loves haruto.

People with mindsets like that is everything that makes the rape culture of our society thrive....

1. You can "want it" and still be raped.
2. You can be in love with the perpetrator and still be raped.
3. You can end up liking it, give up midway or not be conscious at a ll, and its still rape.
4. You can try to rationalize and justify it as not a rape, but its still rape.

haruto did not have Saki's consent upon initiating the intercourse, he ripped her clothes off, raped her and left her nearly-catatonic. Sounds like rape to me.

Crimsonflame512 said:
Shih said:
1) Why is L-Elf trying to make Shouko break down mentally? He clearly put her in an isolated area, and have her watch her father's death (I sure L-Elf already saw that coming).

My Theory is that L-elf is trying to shape her into the leader he needs her to be since he cannot directly take full control of Modulal 77
Crimsonflame512 said:
Shih said:
1) Why is L-Elf trying to make Shouko break down mentally? He clearly put her in an isolated area, and have her watch her father's death (I sure L-Elf already saw that coming).

My Theory is that L-elf is trying to shape her into the leader he needs her to be since he cannot directly take full control of Modulal 77

Yeah. After this episode, instead of 99% possibility of SHouko being new Euphemia, there's 50% possibility of that and 50% possibility of DArth Shoko(especially if she goes all yandere after finding out Haruto/Saki stuff)

Still:

dat death flag.
AhenshihaelJun 20, 2013 7:14 PM
Jun 20, 2013 7:11 PM

Sep 2011
oh jesus... cant help but to think the end is gonna be depressing and filled with drama...
and whoa wonder what happened to Akira that made her so afraid of the outside world and people

physicx92 said:
1) The writer fucking hates Shoko.

Yeah seriously what the fucking hell is going on in Okouchi Ichiro head... I'm starting to think he has something against girls or have a sick fetish... how many female characters he have get badly tormented, tortured, or killed?

Lykros said:
what I am saying is you can not rape the willing.

dont god start start something.... we dont need another 10 page argument whether its rape or its not rape OR FUCKING WHATEVER

Cabron said:
billng said:
You guys are all overreacting here. Saki Marie is best girl!

Fixed.

hell yeah Marie is the best!
Jun 20, 2013 7:14 PM

Jan 2010
Dang I was hoping we could get past the rape discussion after this episode. But no such luck.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2013 7:23 PM
Aug 2009
RAPE TALK IS IN EPISODE 10 DISCUSSION... go there if you want to argue it more.

But wow...that proposal... i was wondering how they would keep things going...they really took the cake with that one.
Jun 20, 2013 7:25 PM

Jun 2009
The ending was pretty surprising, but that's probably little for what's to come ahead.
The one thing that I'd love to see is a lesbian yandere.
Jun 20, 2013 7:26 PM

Aug 2012
Let's take a look at Haruto's latest achievements:
-Rapes Saki(inb4 dude not rape, love!)
-Kills Shoko's papa
-Proposes to Saki

WHAT WILL HE DO NEXT?!

This anime is a fucking riot.

diyedas said:
Dang I was hoping we could get past the rape discussion after this episode. But no such luck.
All aboard the rape train! We're going another 20+ pages today!
Jun 20, 2013 7:32 PM

Jan 2010
AlexTheRiot said:
-Kills Shoko's papa
-Proposes to Saki

WHAT WILL HE DO NEXT?!

diyedas said:

Haruto: I'm going to Disneyland!!

Sorry, had to do it.

Shh. Don't encourage them! Don't give them any ideas. XD
Jun 20, 2013 7:34 PM
May 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
-Kills Shoko's papa
-Proposes to Saki

WHAT WILL HE DO NEXT?!

diyedas said:

You know what? Good point plenty of other crazy things happened this episode. I think Saki will accept the proposal and Shoko is kind of the wild card as to how she will react to Haruto accidentally killing her dad. I think Akira may end up piloting the las Valvrave (I'm rooting for her or Saki honestly)
Jun 20, 2013 7:37 PM

Jan 2010
lplayer19 said:
AlexTheRiot said:
-Kills Shoko's papa
-Proposes to Saki

WHAT WILL HE DO NEXT?!

diyedas said:

You know what? Good point plenty of other crazy things happened this episode. I think Saki will accept the proposal and Shoko is kind of the wild card as to how she will react to Haruto accidentally killing her dad. I think Akira may end up piloting the las Valvrave (I'm rooting for her or Saki honestly)

But Saki already pilots a Valvrave. XD
Jun 20, 2013 7:42 PM

Jan 2013
Dat ring might cost a fortune...

Jun 20, 2013 7:42 PM
May 2013
@diyedas

True but Akira freaked out and disappeared and the purple Valvrave is still left and her character is still a mystery. So who knows what will happen with her. I do feel like there will be something between Akira and Haruto at some point but Saki will likely come out as the victor. I'm a huge enemy of the childhood friend ending due to that being how most animes with multiple characters ends.
Jun 20, 2013 7:43 PM

Jan 2009
damn i feel bad for shouko, she will suffer more once she knows that haruto and saki are getting married lol, and damn that cain guy finally moves he killed the prediction of l-elf lol, i hope akira pilots a valvrave next episode already she is shown to have some psychological trauma it might be a foreshadowing that she is a valvrave pilot too
Jun 20, 2013 7:43 PM

Jan 2010
They're ministers now, they don't need to pay for a ring.
Jun 20, 2013 7:48 PM

Jan 2013
Any ideas as to why Haruto proposed to Saki?

I already have one idea, but I just want to know what everyone else thinks?

Jun 20, 2013 7:50 PM
Jun 2013
Ajunky said:

UtsukushiiYume said:
Saki can't die we see her 200 years in the future in one of the previous episodes.
How do you know that's Saki and not someone else in her body?

JK, I'll be really suprised if they played that twist.

I would not be surprised if this actually happens..
Jun 20, 2013 7:59 PM
Aug 2009
Cabron said:

well, i think haruto is just that kind of guy, he will take responsibility

I mean remember when he lied/avoided confessing to shouko because " i'm a monster"
Jun 20, 2013 8:01 PM

Jan 2010
Cabron said:

I was thinking out of guilt and feeling the need to take responsibility. Also possibly because he doesn't want her to be lonely anymore. Could be several reasons.

Mostly I'd say because he feels responsible. He probably thinks the rape is his fault, so he needs to do something about that. Saki doesn't seem to see it that way, and she's right. It's why she won't let him apologize, because he shouldn't have to. Despite all that happened Saki's strong and she still likes Haruto, or else that date wouldn't have happened.

I do believe that Haruto has some feelings for Saki with the way he acts and that could be another reason he proposed.
Jun 20, 2013 8:02 PM
Oct 2009
So... Haruto took responsibility... xD
Jun 20, 2013 8:02 PM
Jan 2013
I
styr said:

God, the end of the episode was GREAT. Not only did Haruto do you-know-what to Shoko, but then he pulls that?

Shoko
styr said:

God, the end of the episode was GREAT. Not only did Haruto do you-know-what to Shoko, but then he pulls that?

Shoko fans gonna RAAAGEEE!

Your sooooooo this episode was amazing my favorite and man I feel a little bad for the shoko fans just a little but. I love saki I'm soooo happy he did that in the end I thought he was going to go after shoko instead of saki but I'm glad he didn't.
Now I'm dying for next week to come. Why couldn't next week be now( i _ i )
Jun 20, 2013 8:05 PM

Jul 2007
diyedas said:
Cabron said:

I was thinking out of guilt and feeling the need to take responsibility. Also possibly because he doesn't want her to be lonely anymore. Could be several reasons.

Mostly I'd say because he feels responsible. He probably thinks the rape is his fault, so he needs to do something about that. Saki doesn't seem to see it that way, and she's right. It's why she won't let him apologize, because he shouldn't have to. Despite all that happened Saki's strong and she still likes Haruto, or else that date wouldn't have happened.

I do believe that Haruto has some feelings for Saki with the way he acts and that could be another reason he proposed.

This, but main focus seems to be that he doe snot want her to be alone anymoreat the same time being able to relate to her - the separation that he experiences after becoming valvrave pilot - Saki has been living that since childhood.
Jun 20, 2013 8:06 PM

Jan 2011
I cant take this anymore....

Why Haruto why!?? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LOVE FOR SHOKO??? q.q

Please explain this to the fangirls PLEASE! want more L-Elf and you together T^T
Jun 20, 2013 8:06 PM
Dec 2012
I liked the episode over all. Also can someone please tell me who the hell is this Nobu guy lol.

Jun 20, 2013 8:07 PM

Nov 2012
oh internet, how hilarious you can be

Jun 20, 2013 8:09 PM
May 2013
ranzero said:

this is awesome
Jun 20, 2013 8:10 PM
Oct 2010
lplayer19 said:
ranzero said:

this is awesome
I feel bad for laughing, but I can't help it.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 20, 2013 8:10 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Cabron said:

I think it's because he's trying to take responsibility for what happened. I mean I doubt his feelings for Shouko changed that quickly within 11 episodes. Which I guess is good and bad, because I don't think Saki wants to be pitied. Plus, they're both "vampires" so he's probably given up on being Shouko anyways. Although I was kind of surprised at the end when Haruto proposed, it didn't really come out of nowhere, since he really did want to talk to Saki about it earlier. And it's not like they're getting married right away...right? If Saki accepts, then they're probably just going to be fiancees for the time being, I think.

Poor Akira, I think she has a really bad case of social anxiety disorder, since it looks like she had been scared since she was a kid of the idea of going to the outside world. I realize that Shouko is just trying to friends with Akira and helping her, but sometimes her kindness doesn't always turn out right. Still, Akira took a pretty big step forward by responding to Shouko in her own voice (though I don't think Shouko understood just how big of a deal that was for Akira). I see why the student council president is so protective of his sister now.

Hmm aside from that, L-elf looked like he was ready to shoot Shouko if she agreed, but even she is able to rationalize that saving everyone else is more important than saving her father. It's sad of course, and her cry did kind of hurt (but I still have a bias against her D:). I guess what made me feel bad for her was that afterwards, she said that she couldn't do anything, but I don't think anyone else could've either. It was a tough decision to make, but since Shouko has a kind heart and cares about everyone, she isn't the type to let her emotion for her family to overcome everyone else's safety. Or maybe I'm giving too much credit to her...
tingyJun 20, 2013 8:14 PM
Jun 20, 2013 8:12 PM

Nov 2007
This anime. I am so not looking forward to the second season now.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 20, 2013 8:13 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
shanimebib said:
This anime. I am so not looking forward to the second season now.

It's the opposite for me. I am so looking for the second season now.

I must applaud to this series.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 20, 2013 8:13 PM

Jan 2010
@Vepenar: Rukino's not gonna die, episode 7 shows her alive in 200 years.

Fai said:
diyedas said:
Cabron said:

This, but main focus seems to be that he doe snot want her to be alone anymoreat the same time being able to relate to her - the separation that he experiences after becoming valvrave pilot - Saki has been living that since childhood.

-nods- I agree with that. There's many reasons and I think that's definitely a huge one. They understand each other now and he cares deeply for her, doesn't want her to be alone anymore. This is why I think he'll eventually fall in love with her.
Jun 20, 2013 8:15 PM

Aug 2012
ranzero said:

zomg my sides
Jun 20, 2013 8:30 PM

Jan 2010
AlexTheRiot said:
ranzero said:

zomg my sides

I shouldn't laugh at this. but it's just too great!
Jun 20, 2013 8:30 PM
Oct 2011
Gosh, I knew it, I feel bad but Shoko's luck was destined to suffer. She's a good girl but in animes like these, happy-go lucky characters aren't meant to be fortunate. She's getting her trauma Congo line within a couple episodes.
L-Elf finally has been outwitted, only because it's his teacher.
Though, I'm not surprised he was willing to kill Shoko if she made any decisions against his plan.
About Haruto and Saki, I've almost grown to this pairing. Almost. There's too many things unhealthy about it, but I prefer Saki over Shoko anyways.

Since episode 10, I always thought Saki would be the tragic heroine, but I'm rethinking it. Though the producer(was it the director or writer?) did say before that Saki would be the most memorable character. I'm seeing it now somehow.

Can't wait for the last episode of this season, I can taste the angst and destruction!
Fallen_LullabyJun 20, 2013 8:59 PM
Jun 20, 2013 8:34 PM

Nov 2012
now I'm wondering, how will shoko carry out her confession while Haruto has already had waifu, harem route ??? LOL

okouchi just keep torturing her character....
Jun 20, 2013 8:37 PM

Jan 2013
ranzero said:

OK I chuckled a little bit...
diyedas said:

Fai said:
diyedas said:
Cabron said:

-nods- I agree with that. There's many reasons and I think that's definitely a huge one. They understand each other now and he cares deeply for her, doesn't want her to be alone anymore. This is why I think he'll eventually fall in love with her.
After rewatching this episode, I pretty much agree with what you guys have been saying/typing.
I was thinking that he proposed because we wants to take responsibility, but also because he doesn't want Saki to be alone.
I think those are two main reasons, but it's like diyedas said there's many reasons behind it.

Welp, that's one of my idea(s).

Now I'm wondering why L-Elf/Eru-Erufu pulled out his gun...
CabronJun 20, 2013 8:42 PM

Jun 20, 2013 8:44 PM

Aug 2012
Ep.12 Preview shots:
Jun 20, 2013 8:45 PM

Sep 2011
ranzero said:

AHAHAHAHHA. This is gold.
Jun 20, 2013 8:45 PM

Jan 2010
Cabron said:
diyedas said:

Fai said:
diyedas said:
Cabron said:

After rewatching this episode, I pretty much agree with what you guys have been saying/typing.
I was thinking that he proposed because we wants to take responsibility, but also because he doesn't want Saki to be alone.
I think those are two main reasons, but it's like diyedas said there's many reasons behind it.

Yeah I don't think you care really narrow it down to one particular reason. In life there are many reasons to a person's actions, and I think it's good storytelling when it gets you to make multiple theories to the reasons.

I can see a way for this marriage plot to work splendidly, but I don't know if they'll take it. All it involves is a long engagement and them eventually truly falling in love with eachother. However I think Saki will probably not accept the proposal immediately.
Jun 20, 2013 8:49 PM

Nov 2012
BrownSlush said:
Ep.12 Preview shots:

and here we go again, no hints for the fifth VVV pilot,
btw, just out of curiousity, from where did you get that preview ?
Jun 20, 2013 8:52 PM

Aug 2012
ranzero said:
BrownSlush said:
Ep.12 Preview shots:

and here we go again, no hints for the fifth VVV pilot,
btw, just out of curiousity, from where did you get that preview ?

Chinese sub stream. Dunno if its okay to post stream links here.
I have no idea why gg's cap doesn't have the previews.
Jun 20, 2013 8:54 PM

Jan 2010
BrownSlush said:
Ep.12 Preview shots:

Everyone in the preview has their mouths open except L-Elf. L-Elf's always gotta be different from everyone else.
Jun 20, 2013 8:55 PM

Jul 2007
diyedas said:
BrownSlush said:
Ep.12 Preview shots:

Everyone in the preview has their mouths open except L-Elf. L-Elf's always gotta be different from everyone else.

Mainly because its direct continuation of Shouko's "I AM IN DESPAIR" scene at the end of episode.

BrownSlush said:
Ep.12 Preview shots:

Welp, I am guessing they are going for a kill-em-all. Bassically I expect 99% of Student Nation to get slaugthered, Shouko to die after a short yandere fit, Cain to steal one valvrave, Akira to pilot the purple one.
Jun 20, 2013 8:55 PM

Mar 2013
_fantasticmrfox said:
The shippers are gonna have a field day with this episode.

This.
Jun 20, 2013 8:57 PM

Jan 2013
diyedas said:
Cabron said:
diyedas said:

Fai said:
diyedas said:
Cabron said:

Yeah I don't think you care really narrow it down to one particular reason. In life there are many reasons to a person's actions, and I think it's good storytelling when it gets you to make multiple theories to the reasons.

I can see a way for this marriage plot to work splendidly, but I don't know if they'll take it. All it involves is a long engagement and them eventually truly falling in love with eachother. However I think Saki will probably not accept the proposal immediately.
Do you think this has something to do with Ep.7, maybe?

Jun 20, 2013 8:57 PM
Nov 2009
Dat Ending...
Jun 20, 2013 9:02 PM

Jan 2010
Cabron said:
diyedas said:
Cabron said:
diyedas said:

Fai said:
diyedas said:
Cabron said:

Do you think this has something to do with Ep.7, maybe?

Hmm. Didn't think about that. I'd say it's highly possible. Although I'm not sure how it correlates with what was happening in that scene. Then again the "promise" thing didn't seem like it really correlated with the scene either.
Jun 20, 2013 9:09 PM
Aug 2012
Phew now I know the promise Saki mentioned in episode 7 isn't to kill Haruto like I thought it would be.

Pure speculation, but I think Haruto's Valvrave will get hijacked while he's out. That Cain guy will probably somehow be compatible with that Valvrave, judging from the closing of the anime.
It will be kinda awkward if everyone dies or the 200 year timeskip happens by the start of season 2, after that whole sequence showing the ministers. Wouldn't last too long huh.

Those two definitely got over the whole incident really quickly. Well 'got over' is an understatement.
Something really tells me L-elf actually predicted everything out. Whether it be another 10 episodes later, it will probably end up like:
Haruto : "So you see! L- Elf saw through all your plans to this day"
Cain: "L-Elf!!! KISAMA!!!"
BAAAAM dies...

Akira, get your otaku ass in the purple Valvrave already. It's pretty darn obvious you're the next pilot (if she weren't I don't think we would have that flashback sequence that explores her character).
Jun 20, 2013 9:10 PM
Feb 2009
BAWs im all in for Saki fk shoko lmao.....
Jun 20, 2013 9:15 PM

Jul 2007
I really do not think Shouko will come out alive out of this.

1. Its written by Okouchi.
2. Shouko's character is of the same archetype as Euphemia, Suzaku, Shirley and Shoe.
3. Those characters have also been written by Okouchi.
4. Note the endings of each of those characters.
5. put two and two together.

Shouko will either form a fascist Third Galactic Empire and go all yandere on our asses or will end up getting a tearjerking tragic death in a middle of massacre.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

677 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.