Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 8, 2013 2:27 PM
May 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Raphow said:
well, i am going out on a limb here and say the SnK will die down from now onwards , cuz all the epicness goes down after volume 2 of the manga and the plot becomes quite stagnant but nevertheless it remains fairly good,...( e.g. ch. 46 )

I hope you were sarcastic because you couldn't be any more wrong.

well , that's just what i think because after catching up to the manga i was kinda letdown
Jun 8, 2013 2:27 PM

Feb 2009
Will they have enough material for the 15 episodes to come? I rather that anime end up with a cliffhanger than anime original ending.

This episode is a good example of a competent leader vs an incompetent one.
Jun 8, 2013 2:30 PM
May 2012
MaxCrazy7 said:
Will they have enough material for the 15 episodes to come? I rather that anime end up with a cliffhanger than anime original ending.

This episode is a good example of a competent leader vs an incompetent one.

well there are 6-7 out of 10 volumes left to animate...
Jun 8, 2013 2:30 PM

Apr 2009
Raphow said:
Darklight0303 said:
Raphow said:
well, i am going out on a limb here and say the SnK will die down from now onwards , cuz all the epicness goes down after volume 2 of the manga and the plot becomes quite stagnant but nevertheless it remains fairly good,...( e.g. ch. 46 )

well , that's just what i think because after catching up to the manga i was kinda letdown

The arc after this has far more "epicness" and action than Trost.
Jun 8, 2013 2:32 PM
May 2012
Amarrez said:
Raphow said:
Darklight0303 said:
Raphow said:

The arc after this has far more "epicness" and action than Trost.

nah, for me it was obvious development , opinions may differ ...
Jun 8, 2013 2:34 PM
Sep 2012
WHY DO WE NEED A FXXING RECAP?
IT'S LIKE HUNTER X HUNTER, 13 EPISODES AND WE GET A RECAP
Jun 8, 2013 2:42 PM
May 2012
HurricaneSweet said:

it saves money for the producers ...
Jun 8, 2013 2:43 PM

Aug 2009
Raphow said:
HurricaneSweet said:

Dont reply to the troll.
Jun 8, 2013 2:45 PM
May 2012
ssjokg said:
Raphow said:
HurricaneSweet said:

Dont reply to the troll.

i am bored and lurking here for now ...
Jun 8, 2013 2:46 PM

Aug 2009
Raphow said:
ssjokg said:
Raphow said:
HurricaneSweet said:

Dont reply to the troll.

i am bored and lurking here for now ...
Same as most of us.
Jun 8, 2013 3:46 PM

Aug 2009
I see Eren has regenerating abilities for his left pant leg and boot.
Jun 8, 2013 3:51 PM

May 2013
Not much hype about this episode.. I bet the score's going to drop :C
Jun 8, 2013 3:53 PM

Jun 2012
Leapling said:

That and some of us can't find it subbed.
Jun 8, 2013 3:55 PM

Aug 2009
ARMIN SHINED THIS EPISODE T ^ T <3

YOU GO BABE!

Apr 2009
Leapling said:

Yes, and?
Oct 2012
Solid episode, good to see Armin getting some spotlight. And the OST is just spectacular.
Jun 8, 2013 4:00 PM

Apr 2010
Ah my god so much filler this ep. What happened to all the fighting??

Dat glorious OST.
Jun 8, 2013 4:02 PM
Mar 2011
slow, but necessary. i mean, they had to explain Armin's role and motivation eventually. hopefully it picks up more. seems like every major event is preceded by a flashback or a back story
"....i am the villain in this story"

Mar 2013
I really think it'll be perfect when they end it where
What do you people think?

Mar 2013
Zhou said:
Time for Armin to shine, however I thought his speech was a little bit overacted.
i think thats because they made that guy so freakn dense that i wanted to chop out his neck
"Stop whining, all I did was chop off your stupid legs."
Jun 8, 2013 4:09 PM

Jul 2012
Alright episode. Not bad. At least Armin is finally understanding things more.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jun 8, 2013 4:15 PM

Jan 2012
This was the most mundane part of manga for me and having it stretched out over about 60 minutes of animation is just painful. Pixis was pretty cool though, I had been looking forward to seeing how they would voice him, overall a pretty slow and boring episode for me.
Jun 8, 2013 4:15 PM

Jul 2012
Armin finally shows his true potential. His speech was handled so well.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Jun 8, 2013 4:17 PM

Jul 2010
Thanks God someone showed up and stopped this retarded coward Garrison because i was literally about to punch my monitor.
Armin badass.Thats all, 5/5 and personally i think it's nice to have episode like this once in a time.
incompleteAEGISJun 8, 2013 4:23 PM
Jun 8, 2013 4:18 PM
Sep 2012
I always do enjoy the coward gaining courage. However, it did feel a little dragged, hoped they'd cover a little more material, but this wasn't bad.
Jun 8, 2013 4:19 PM

Jul 2011
first time I give 3/5
Jun 8, 2013 4:19 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Great episode in terms of Armin's character development! I'm glad he's more confident about his abilities now, and it's mainly because of Eren's trust in him. That beautiful friendship. The bgm during's Armin's flashback was very emotional ;_; Armin is seriously one of my favorite characters in SnK. Granted nothing much happened in this episode, but I loved it. Nice seeing Pixis and how different he is from the other guy. I laughed when Armin thought that it was no good because the captain (?) stopped thinking entirely due to fear.

Jun 8, 2013 4:24 PM

Jun 2009
Armin's speech somehow teared me up, that's what happens when you can't get hold of the epicness - 5/5.

Pls let next week be tomorrow!!

Jun 8, 2013 4:26 PM

Mar 2013
Such a slow episode...
Good thing they had an eternal fog covering them.
Jun 8, 2013 4:26 PM
May 2013
SalmonSandwich said:
No offense, but that's just bad story telling (for the anime part) . Two reasons.
Jun 8, 2013 4:34 PM

Jul 2012
newFlavor said:
SalmonSandwich said:
No offense, but that's just bad story telling (for the anime part) . Two reasons.

I haven't seen the spoilers but I get your point. However, shingeki already sells like CRAZY, 10 times what Magi sold when it finished airing, and Magi is getting a v2 in October. Not saying it might go that way, but its kind of predictable for the manga to continue, with these ratings, lets say, spring 2014. Winter is a nono since it will finish airing @October.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Jun 8, 2013 4:35 PM

May 2013
Man, that fucking commander dude ( the first brown hair one) pissed me off all the way to the end. I cannot understand how an incompetent fool like him got in power but I don't know that's just me.

Armin pissed me off as well because he just seems like a giant pussy.It could be that I just don't like him. However, it's good that he developed somewhat but if he continues like this through out the story and keeps breaking down like this, I'll be pissed. Why can't he just come to grips and stay calm? He pulled through afterwards though.

Commander Pixis seems very charismatic and open minded. I like him.
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
Jun 8, 2013 4:38 PM

Oct 2010
Armin ain't the pussy anymoar. So that thing is solved for the rest of the series.

Aug 2012
Worst episode so far, but it's aight, next episode looks promising.

Aug 2008
It was well paced, but still felt short. Reiner seemed strangely freaked out.
Jun 8, 2013 4:40 PM

May 2013
Summary of Episode: Dat Speech, dat music.
Jun 8, 2013 4:40 PM

Jun 2012
Did anyone else get a lady-boner from the way Eren's voice sounded in this episode? No, just me?
Jun 8, 2013 4:41 PM

Apr 2010
Arete7 said:
Summary of Episode: Dat Speech, dat music.

Best part is, there's going to be an even better speech next week.
Jun 8, 2013 4:42 PM

Apr 2008
MEanimaniac1 said:
Did anyone else get a lady-boner from the way Eren's voice sounded in this episode? No, just me?

He sounded a lot better than his performance until now. Hopefully it stays that deep and serious.
Jun 8, 2013 4:42 PM

May 2013
Good episode.
Jun 8, 2013 4:43 PM
Sep 2012
EPIC OST and SCREAMING makes everything awesome.
worst episode out of all of them right now, but that doesn't mean its a bad episode its just that it was slow compared to the others. i think this episode is kind of necessaery since Armin is pretty much only good at thinking so thats what he should do, however i dont think it should have been stretched this long.
Jun 8, 2013 4:46 PM

Feb 2009
MEanimaniac1 said:

It sucks that he is always typecast to do that whiny bitch voice because I think he did a good job as Eren in this episode, too.

xtremexx said:
EPIC OST and SCREAMING makes everything awesome.
worst episode out of all of them right now, but that doesn't mean its a bad episode its just that it was slow compared to the others. i think this episode is kind of necessaery since Armin is pretty much only good at thinking so thats what he should do, however i dont think it should have been stretched this long.

They definitely could have sped it up a bit. Armin's inner monologue could have been cut there, because he's basically just repeating the same thing he was monologuing about a couple episodes ago.
Jun 8, 2013 4:47 PM

Oct 2010
Liked this episode. Armin finally had some time to shine, his speech and that OST were epic.

By the way, that captain is a moron, good thing Pixis was close to that place.
Jun 8, 2013 4:47 PM

Aug 2010
Waiting every week is a pain as always.
Jun 8, 2013 4:52 PM

Feb 2013
Good episode even though nothing really happened and it feels as if we're retreading old territory. Eren is beginning to put things together and he has a goal. He is still his old stalwart self. Mikasa's the same. It's Armin who supposedly gets he most development this episode, however for some reason or other, I just couldn't get into it. Armin has been since the beginning, a smart thinker and the academic even if he isn't that great in the physical department. Everyone knows that and there isn't anything wrong with that. My problem is that I had thought Armin had gotten over this a few episodes ago when he became the group tactician. However, in this episode he seemed to be drowning in a ocean of self-pity and I really just wanted to slap him. So your talents lie elsewhere? That's a good thing. The army needs brains like yours just as much if not more than they need physical prowess. Stop acting as if you're a burden, especially when your friends have been reminding you of how important you are again and again. Take a page from Lelouch Lamperouge, Light, or L: you don't always need to be the physically strongest in the room, many times it's the smartest that win the fight.

Other than that quip, good episode with great music and atmosphere. I'm glad Pixis came in (Dot Pixis? Really? His parents must have been expecting a girl...it's the only explanation). That bearded captain really needs to take a leap off the nearest bridge, straight into the gullet of a waiting Titan. A coward who thinks he has the right to judge those who fought their hardest in battle and one who pretty much was killed in the line of duty (even if he did come back) has absolutely nothing to say.

I am concerned that the last episode is labeled "Idol" and I hope that doesn't refer to Eren. It's never a good sign when a show does that to the MC, it only means that later everyone will turn on him when something goes wrong and they find that he can't live up to the pedestal on which they've placed him. Also, it seems that becoming a Titan maybe affecting Eren's health. That nosebleed looked ominous. Does it have to deal with the fact that Titan biochemistry is so different from humans? Just some thoughts.....
I give this episode an 8/10. A bit of a downtime episode. Next time Eren is going to try to block the wall by using his Titan powers once more. Interested in seeing what goes on next.
IreneshardaJun 8, 2013 5:27 PM
Jun 8, 2013 4:53 PM

Mar 2012
Here i thought i wouldn't get to see any more awesome poses. armin shines this week.
and they didn't cut a single line.

armin/armin
Jun 8, 2013 4:56 PM

Jun 2012
huntx said:
Here i thought i wouldn't get to see any more awesome poses. armin shines this week.

He'll shine a little but later too xD he did in the manga, so we'll see; they have been faithful to the manga so far.
Jun 8, 2013 4:57 PM

May 2012
Mai beibii Mikasachan.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 8, 2013 4:57 PM

Apr 2013
for manga readers

Jun 8, 2013 4:58 PM

Apr 2007
Based Armin.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.