Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 8, 2013 4:59 PM

Oct 2011
they should have packed this in the previous episode and had the wall close this episode so Levi can get more screen time sooner :[[
Jun 8, 2013 4:59 PM

May 2009
salgabri said:
for manga readers

Nope. Not yet.
Jun 8, 2013 5:00 PM

Aug 2012
huntx said:
Here i thought i wouldn't get to see any more awesome poses. armin shines this week.
and they didn't cut a single line.

armin/armin

I haven't seen the episode yet, and I'm not really a big fan of these dragging albeit important development sections, but I just have a soft spot during times when animes adapt the source almost word for word, so I just can't hate on this episode I guess.
Jun 8, 2013 5:04 PM

Feb 2010
cuntologics said:
Armin pissed me off as well because he just seems like a giant pussy.It could be that I just don't like him. However, it's good that he developed somewhat but if he continues like this through out the story and keeps breaking down like this, I'll be pissed. Why can't he just come to grips and stay calm? He pulled through afterwards though.

I'm going to say this in the least offensive way (since I'm not looking for a fight, but I really am getting annoyed with people who hate on Armin just because he's a "pussy"). I don't think you realize how incredibly brave you have to be to become any kind of soldier, I mean even I don't know how much courage it takes for people to defend and fight risking their own lives. Armin chose to follow Eren knowing that he would be basically throwing away his life. Yes, he's a giant pussy and he's not the strongest physically or emotionally because he looks down on even himself, but that's only because that's how people have looked at him his entire life. Being bullied as a child didn't help his self-esteem at all, so how would you expect him to "not break down" when people have discouraged him his whole life? Also, just throwing this out there, but what normal human being wouldn't freak out when they're asked to make a decision that puts the life of friends on line? He literally made that decision in less than 30 seconds (anime equivalent = approximately 6 minutes xD), got up there, and gave a freaking epic speech.

Give the guy some credit, because I'm pretty sure if you were in that situation you wouldn't be able to stay calm either, so why are you looking down on him for being human? Armin is human, and you should probably know that most humans react in this situation by freaking out. Normal humans. Eren and Mikasa were just all like *blink blink* Armin, you got this! Not even breaking a single sweat while Armin's got a waterfall going down him. Haha, I'm just kidding, it's maybe because that's how much they trust him. They see Armin differently from others who see him as a coward because they have witnessed and know his true potential.
EarlCielJun 8, 2013 5:21 PM
Jun 8, 2013 5:06 PM

Jan 2013
Epic speech from Armin, even the episodes without fights are tense as hell.
Jun 8, 2013 5:08 PM

Apr 2009
Good episode, but as a manga reader it feels very very slow.
Jun 8, 2013 5:15 PM

Dec 2012
Some soldiers, who haven't even seen Eren's transformation, still can't hold the fear and try to take their own lives (the second case in the anime; fortunately, passed without incident).

The Commander totally loses it to the point of commenting Dot Pixis, his Superior. The man deserves a medal for instilling fear and panic, it's a wonder why he didn't put his talent into scaring off the titans.

Pixis might be an eccentric admin, looking for a cool titan-chick to snack upon his person, but seems a reasonable man, taking a good opportunity when he sees it (what the fuck did I just write...):

Looks like another titan-reincarnation after Keith :)
Good to know there are capable people in the kingdom, who are not idiots with ranks and titles.

Eren's voice changes in line with his new statute as something human, something titan. Liked his look:

The episode focuses on Armin's way of doing things. When he left behind the limits he had put on himself, he turned out to be the friend Mikasa, Eren, and humanity might needed most:

He can do lot more in the future.

Said I loved the episode and still do - 5/5.
zellamiJun 8, 2013 5:28 PM
Jun 8, 2013 5:15 PM

May 2011
Holy fucking Armin, I have a newfound respect for this guy.

Jun 8, 2013 5:17 PM

Sep 2012
I really like this show and I give this episode 5/5 but I am seriously pissed that
its now rated higher than code geass.
Jun 8, 2013 5:21 PM

Jun 2012
Link2thepast said:
I really like this show and I give this episode 5/5 but I am seriously pissed that
its now rated higher than code geass.

It's better than Code Geass imo, but I dropped Code Geass so I'm biased.
Jun 8, 2013 5:21 PM

Mar 2012
Very slow episode but lot of characters development.
4/5
However, this is a great sign that IG is not rushing this adaption.
Jun 8, 2013 5:24 PM

Feb 2012
Commander Pixis is badass. Lol'd at his titan lady comment.

Every ep just makes me more eager to see the next.
Jun 8, 2013 5:24 PM

Nov 2012
Thank God for Pixis. I swear if that other retarded 'Captain' doesn't get killed sooner or later, I'm going to throw a fit. At least for now Eren and everyone else is safe. I'm also glad Armin had his time to shine. He's certainly got potential and I can't wait to see his progress throughout the rest of the episodes.

As for Mikasa, how does she view Eren exactly? When they were debating Eren's ideas in the fog, Mikasa insisted on coming and Eren yells back that he's not her little brother or kid that needs to be taken care of. I understand that he's angry from being coddled all the time by her and even though I do wish he'd be nicer to her and realize she just cares, I'm still a little confused as to why she cares THAT much. He is her last bit of family left, but what about Dr. Jaegar? Doesn't he count? And more importantly, it's been bothering me for a while, but why is it that she never tries to look out for Armin in that aspect as well? The last episode when they were running from the cannon fire, Mikasa lifts Eren over her shoulder but doesn't even grab the frozen Armin. She just yells for him to come without even looking back. And it's not just that one time, it's been several times. You'd think he'd feel a little hurt about it....

Anyways, overall great episode and hope we get to see a more in-depth presentation of all the characters next episode =)
Jun 8, 2013 5:25 PM

Jan 2013
Eren: "Decide in 15 seconds."

And they talk for a minute.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 8, 2013 5:26 PM

Mar 2011
MEanimaniac1 said:
Did anyone else get a lady-boner from the way Eren's voice sounded in this episode? No, just me?
Good, I thought I was the only one who thought his voice sounded A LOT more rough
Jun 8, 2013 5:26 PM

Apr 2009
Also, I'm beginning to notice that Rico and Ian are getting more of a focus in the anime. That's nice, I like Rico.
Jun 8, 2013 5:27 PM

Jun 2012
DawnJ said:
Eren: "Decide in 15 seconds."

And they talk for a minute.

Don't you know? Anime time is slower than real time.
Jun 8, 2013 5:29 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was so intense! The team behind the show really tried to make this episode suspenseful, and it worked out beautifully.

Thoughts:

The OST and animation was solid as usual.

I like Commander Pixis, although we still haven't seen him kill any Titans yet.

The anime's pacing seems to be slow, but thats probably because of the manga source material (I've never read the manga, so I'm not too sure).

Can't wait to see how Eren closes that giant hole!

Episode score: 8/10
Jun 8, 2013 5:30 PM

Jun 2008
Kinda weak episode TBH....

Very slow and not much of anything happened.

*SIGH* another week of waiting :(
Jun 8, 2013 5:33 PM

Feb 2011
Wow, nothing important happened whatsoever.
1/10
Jun 8, 2013 5:33 PM

Jun 2012
That episode was okay. Was quite slow. One per week is not enough at this pace. Eager to see next episode. Pixie is badass, a drunk commander is always best (I assume it is alcohol).
Jun 8, 2013 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
JustALEX said:

beware, fanboys are gonna bash you.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 8, 2013 5:34 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Edefrem said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
Did anyone else get a lady-boner from the way Eren's voice sounded in this episode? No, just me?
Good, I thought I was the only one who thought his voice sounded A LOT more rough

I also noticed this too. Kaji did a great job voicing Eren this episode, his voice being more rough because Eren was tired and drained from using the titan form :)
Jun 8, 2013 5:35 PM

Nov 2012
Spirai said:
As for Mikasa, how does she view Eren exactly? When they were debating Eren's ideas in the fog, Mikasa insisted on coming and Eren yells back that he's not her little brother or kid that needs to be taken care of. I understand that he's angry from being coddled all the time by her and even though I do wish he'd be nicer to her and realize she just cares, I'm still a little confused as to why she cares THAT much. He is her last bit of family left, but what about Dr. Jaegar? Doesn't he count? And more importantly, it's been bothering me for a while, but why is it that she never tries to look out for Armin in that aspect as well? The last episode when they were running from the cannon fire, Mikasa lifts Eren over her shoulder but doesn't even grab the frozen Armin. She just yells for him to come without even looking back. And it's not just that one time, it's been several times. You'd think he'd feel a little hurt about it....

yeah, i noticed that too. she just ran away with eren without even look behind.
i don't read the manga, but idk maybe she's in love with eren or something? (even though she doesn't seem to have realized it)
Jun 8, 2013 5:36 PM

Jun 2012
tingy said:
Edefrem said:
MEanimaniac1 said:

I also noticed this too. Kaji did a great job voicing Eren this episode, his voice being more rough because Eren was tired and drained from using the titan form :)

Yes, I love Kaji's voice in general; unlike a lot of people, but he did a really amazing job with Eren's voice this week.
Jun 8, 2013 5:37 PM

Dec 2012
Tinkyourdead said:
That episode was okay. Was quite slow. One per week is not enough at this pace. Eager to see next episode. Pixie is badass, a drunk commander is always best (I assume it is alcohol).

It's fine if it's alcohol in this situation. If it's water - it would be really weird (for him) :)
Jun 8, 2013 5:37 PM

Jun 2008
DawnJ said:
JustALEX said:

beware, fanboys are gonna bash you.

lol, I await them :)

But the fanboys don't annoy me as much as SOME of the manga readers.

OK, we get it, you know what's going to happen, you're not special.
Jun 8, 2013 5:38 PM

Jun 2012
EPIC SCREAMING SHOWS YOUR CONVICTION!!!!

BLITZENDEGEN!!!!!!
Jun 8, 2013 5:38 PM

Jul 2009
even though it was a relatively boring episode, it still flew by. holy fuck. i should just wait till the anime is over and then marathon it
Jun 8, 2013 5:42 PM
Nov 2012
Spirai said:

I think it's a combination of the fact that he's her only family and she feels like she has a debt to repay since Eren was the one who saved her when her parents got killed.
Jun 8, 2013 5:43 PM

Dec 2007
MEanimaniac1 said:
tingy said:
Edefrem said:
MEanimaniac1 said:

Yes, I love Kaji's voice in general; unlike a lot of people, but he did a really amazing job with Eren's voice this week.

Seconded!!

The episode was slow, but Armin was awesome!!!
Jun 8, 2013 5:43 PM

Apr 2009
yeah wasn't too impressed by this episode, 3/5. At least we finally got some development for Armins character.
Jun 8, 2013 5:44 PM

Dec 2009
Armin was a boss
Jun 8, 2013 5:48 PM

Oct 2012
mistress_kisara said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
tingy said:
Edefrem said:
MEanimaniac1 said:

Seconded!!

Kaji Yuki is a talented VA. He may not be like by a lot of people due to his roles, but he still has the talent of a great voice actor. I love his voice, and his execution this episode was just amazing. LOL, I remember people complaining about Kaji Yuki voicing Eren before this anime even started.
Jun 8, 2013 5:51 PM

Jun 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
mistress_kisara said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
tingy said:
Edefrem said:
MEanimaniac1 said:

Seconded!!
Kaji Yuki is a talented VA. He may not be like by a lot of people due to his roles, but he still has the talent of a great voice actor. I love his voice, and his execution this episode was just amazing. LOL, I remember people complaining about Kaji Yuki voicing Eren before this anime even started.

He will always be one of my favorite voice actors, and he usually does his role well; with a lot of emotion.
Jun 8, 2013 5:52 PM
Aug 2012
most dramatic speech eeveeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr......... still so damn gd
Jun 8, 2013 5:55 PM
Oct 2010
christ howd a gigantic pussy like that idiot get that high up in command
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 8, 2013 5:57 PM

May 2012
yeah slow episode, armin ~
Wonder if eren can really control this form :o
Jun 8, 2013 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
Despite being a slow episode this was still great as always. Armin's character developed a lot in this episode. His reasoning and way of thinking is the best out of the three main characters. Kitts Verman is such an asshole, fear has taken over his entire body. I came in my pants when Armin started saluting and swore on his life before 'dying'. God damn the music intensified the situation. Commander Pixis saves the day, fuck yeah! A new track played towards the end, which got me damn hyped. Eren, let's titan up YEAHHHH!!
5/5
Jun 8, 2013 6:09 PM

Jun 2008
BTW....since this episode didn't get a 5/5 from me I guess that means this anime can't be considered "Perfect" and thus will not receive a 10/10 from myself.

>I've seen some people argue like that BTW.
Jun 8, 2013 6:10 PM

Jul 2012
Maybe they plan to have a season 2?

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Jun 8, 2013 6:15 PM
Oct 2012
For a slow episode, the pacing was well done and Armin finally grows a backbone.

5/5
Jun 8, 2013 6:18 PM

Aug 2011
Eniie said:
It is confirmed that episode 14 will be recap. ;__;

lol... more than 1/3 of every Ep. is already a recap. So it will be a recap of the recaps?
Jun 8, 2013 6:20 PM

Jun 2008
So here my new inspiration after the alien invansion thing and seeing the yellow lighting etc from Eren when he created that body. That huge Titan is another human(Eren detected that he can think) that t5ranforms like Eren. That will explain how he gets to the wall undetected and he seems to appear out of nowhere.
Maybe all this mess is the work of a single human that ether created the way to create giants or he was experimented upon etc. This guy very possible grew hate for humanity itself and somehow controls lots of zombie giants and tries to destroy humanity.
Jun 8, 2013 6:20 PM

Apr 2013
A pretty meh episode. It felt like this and the last episode should've been combined, but oh well.

Hooray for Pixis! Finally a cool commander with some sense. Guess it's time to wait a week to see how Eren handles the sealing operation.
Jun 8, 2013 6:23 PM
Feb 2013
Episode was ok, but less good then the former two, I thought. A bit too spun-out, and there wasn't really happening much. (And the first five minutes was just rehearsal of what we already saw).

I liked the part where Armin got a chance to go for it and do his speech - though without pix he would have failed. That the captain chickened out again wasn't anything new neither.

So, yeah, it had its moments, but all in all, it wasn't all that captivating or intense as the last two episodes. I guess in the next (or the next thereafter), he's going to try to plug the wall. Looking forward to it.
Jun 8, 2013 6:29 PM
Mar 2013
Amazing episode, yet again. Was kind of slowish but the ending was fast paced. Can't wait till next episode though, that's where the action'll be.

Kind of funny though, this is easily one of my favourite Anime's and it's only on it's 10th episode. Shingeki No Kyojin is perfect in all aspects.
Jun 8, 2013 6:32 PM

Aug 2011
Decent episode, it was Armin's time to shine this episode, and he did with flying colors. The Garrison command Kitts just shows how fear just rules out the common sense from him and even though his soldiers are trying to talk sense in him, he still refuses, and when I read the manga, I was really happy to see Commander Pixis take his hands and applauds Armin's wonderful salute and takes over the situation, and the faith he puts in Eren throughout the episode shows how extraordinary this man is.

Otherwise the episode is slow paced as well, and I think they will stretch the remainder of the arc to episode 13 I would think, and episode 14 to be the recap and the next major arc to start in episode 15. For those who did not know this, the Training episodes that was shown in the earlier episode actually starts after this arc IE chapter 15 in the manga. So I guess that is the best moment to have that episode in as well, but why we would need a recap for this show unless there are some issues in the production I guess. It's been pretty solid and faithful so far, and I hope some major issue in the productiondevelopment will somehow ruin the next arc. That would suck...a lot.

Either way, looking forward for the next 3 episodes. And if you thought Armin's speech was good, you should look forward to the next one. It hits you right in the feels.

Jun 8, 2013 6:36 PM

Aug 2011
JustALEX said:

Actually some people don't give out 10/10s since they believe it's impossible for any anime to attain such a ranking.

It's not like I necessarily disagree or agree with such notions, but I do find them amusing.

Personally, I don't have any set criteria for the way I give out 10/10s.

I only give out 10 when the Anime is actually "good", that is the only criteria.
Jun 8, 2013 6:40 PM

Jun 2008
Way to go Armin!
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.