Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 2013 5:43 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode overall. Kinda went fast, and the Levi part felt really disjointed, but you gotta introduce new characters somehow. I'm looking forward to seeing how Eren's group and Levi's come together.

So.... I'm half wondering if Eren's dad who's been missing since the beginning is actually the Colossal Titan, who for some reason is trying to take down the king/organization or whatever in the innermost wall, and free humanity from it's prison. Armored titan would be some cohort of his as well, though I don't see how he expects humans to reproduce after a mass slaughter that nearly wipes humanity from the planet. Perhaps he did the same to Mikasa, and they're supposed to become the Adam/Eve of the new world?
Jun 1, 2013 5:45 PM

Jun 2012
Spiegelmeister said:
Perhaps he did the same to Mikasa, and they're supposed to become the Adam/Eve of the new world?

This isn't Guilty Crown.
Jun 1, 2013 5:46 PM

Jan 2012
I didn't really like this episode, it was the first one for me, I thought Levi's voice was out of place and it didn't fit with my original impression of him (the doctor sucked too and she was awesome in the manga). This was the bit of the manga I enjoyed the least too and to see it accentuating all cliche aspects of the story was pretty boring for me 3/5
Jun 1, 2013 5:46 PM

Apr 2013
pming said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
Iasuru said:
Am I the only one that thinks Levi will turn out to be a titan after he said something along the line of "right over here" when Hanji said something about wanting to meet titans? :/

He was talking about Hanji being borderline insane....but it is a definite possibility.

Levi doesn't like it that Hanji's more excited over meeting deviant Titans than over him.

Yeah, Hanji X Levi shippers are going to milk that scene for everything it's worth.
I thought she said she specifically wanted to see an abnormal, and then he basically said she herself was abnormal.

Riding this train and loving it. Levi did not disappoint, he definitely lived up to his hype. I remember when everyone was marking out because he was on a horse looking to the side for two seconds, so I thought it was pretty sweet to see why everyone loves him. That moment where you see his hook shoot behind the one titan eating the guy was so bamf.

I'm liking Hanji as well.

I find the lieutenant female with glasses (near the end of the episode) quite intriguing, and much more of an actual character than the idiot commander. It's remarkable how cowardly that guy is. I foresee a particularly ignominious death for him, like a Titan falls on him after being cut down by Eren or Mikasa. Either that or he's going to live through the series and make my blood pressure rise a couple points.

Poor Armin, his :-o face when Eren was sleeptalking was hilarious. Mikasa is as always a force of nature, I love how the one soldier said that it'd be a shame to lose her. More like it'd be a shame to get cut down by her, but it's okay if he wants to front like that.

And then...that ending. The lightning isn't a teleportation effect, but a transformation effect? So CT and AT are definitely human. There's a third faction out there that has different interests from humanity and the Titans. Awesome. I'm totally in this for the mystery as well as for the action. Eren didn't see when CT actually changed either time, did he? So he may not know that CT is probably human.

Time to hop back in my time machine and jump forward a week...
Jun 1, 2013 5:47 PM

Jan 2009

this guy is the worst!! he's the same coward who wanted
to run away in episode 5!!
i really wish he ends up in a crowded stomach of
a 5 meter class titan, and dies slowly >:(

to be honest, this is the first episode that i didn't like
Jun 1, 2013 5:48 PM

Nov 2009
Link2thepast said:
I heard that you guys have been arguing about how the inside of a stomach looks like, But who cares if it should have been dark or not or if that is the actual configuration of a stomach looks like it is a titan after all so just enjoy the show.

Lol agreed. Who cares.

And actually since the Titans are hot anyway, a bit of glow is true to the physics. Look up black-body radiation on Wikipedia or something.

(Although it does have to be really hot for the glow. But hey. Who cares.)

deviantART                                    YouTube  

Oct 2011
Armin, the dumb idiot...

Every single useless soldier.. they are all talk. Seems like Mikasa and Eren are the only ones actually worth living there.

Apr 2013
MEanimaniac1 said:
Spiegelmeister said:
Perhaps he did the same to Mikasa, and they're supposed to become the Adam/Eve of the new world?

This isn't Guilty Crown.

I'm not saying it is. I'm just trying to make sense of my own theory based on what I've seen so far and without reading the manga.
Jun 1, 2013 5:51 PM

Nov 2012
coyote256 said:
interpets said:
coyote256 said:
Any1 else noticed how they bumped levi up to a captain in anime. Always thought it was weird a destroyer like him was a lowly lance corporal (unless manga translation was wrong).

he is a corporal, in both anime and manga....

they just treat him like a captain because he's one of the best soldiers

I guess that sort of makes sense but they never call him a corporal though.

they did, well one of the citizens called him "Corporal Levi". i double checked. are you talking about the english subs or the japanese dialogue?
Jun 1, 2013 5:52 PM
Nov 2011
Protip - you usually won't get "criticized" for criticizing if you highlight the positives before getting into the negatives.

For example, here's a positive and negative about episode 9 (from me).

Though I understand and quite enjoyed the dramatic epicness of episode 9, I also feel sad that practically all the humor present in the manga was stripped in ep. 9.

In the manga, when Mikasa was being all dangerous, Eren and Armin looked as comically terrified of her as the soldiers were. Also, the Eren being carried over Mikasa's shoulder just doesn't seem funny in the anime. I think it's because of the perspective.

But, still - even judging on humor level between manga and anime - episode 9 tickled my funny bone enough because of Hanji's antics!

(gets out of critic mode)

To be a critic means you better be prepared to be criticized as well. Just as positive feelings results in positive feelings while negative feelings results in negativity - criticisms usually ends up in more criticisms (aimed at the starting criticism).

So, what you do (as a responsible critic) is to highlight positives as well, not just negatives.
Jun 1, 2013 5:54 PM

Nov 2009
coyote256 said:
Any1 else noticed how they bumped levi up to a captain in anime. Always thought it was weird a destroyer like him was a lowly lance corporal (unless manga translation was wrong).

If you go according to the fansubs, that is.
They haven't done anything to him, the Japanese name for his rank is still the same, it's probably translation inconsistency.

Jun 1, 2013 5:55 PM

Oct 2011
zellami said:
PaninaManina said:
Darklight0303 said:
Stark700 said:
zellami said:
Wow, WOW! I'll pick a cap later, but did you, guys, notice how Levi uses the 3DMG?! There's something totally different at his level!

Of course, he's one of the best soldiers in the series.

He's not one of the. He IS the best

Not best soldier only...
The dream of the girls, the hero of the kids.

Ooohh, so many characters that will die a horrible painful death...

If anybody still wonders about the difference b/w trainees (talented and super-talented as the Top Ten) and soldiers (sadly, only those from the Scouting Legion), the anime adaptation here gives the right amount of it, even when the later are dying.

I have to admit that anything in the manga that pertains to the governing and management of the cities, freaks me out. Just when I expected that the humankind will embrace what they even didn't earn, they were trying to kill Eren and were frightened and disgusted.

Awesome build-up at the last 1/3 of the episode, thank you, IG, for the heart-attack in the cliff-hanger! :)

OK, so we were spoiled silly with other favorite characters and more of the stunning OST, my pick however goes to this:

The only thing that cannot be seen, unfortunately, are the murasaki flowers seen in the previous scene and in Episode 1.

That was totally badass
Jun 1, 2013 5:55 PM

Apr 2012
How about that Freddie Mercury titan though?
Jun 1, 2013 5:56 PM
Aug 2012
Durbikins said:
How can they have a beard when they don't even have genitals..
Jun 1, 2013 5:58 PM

Oct 2011
This is perfect example of mankind's retardiness. A huge-ass titan appears, killing every other titan and of course, fucking humans have to bitch about it and call him a monster. Plus, I'd love to kill that commander, he himself must be pretty useless and now he's deciding about fate of those who deserve glory? It is Eren and Mikasa who should decide about his fate, not the opposite.
May 2013
Durbikins said:

too bad he did not kill any man to tell his mama

Nov 2009
nnangle said:
Durbikins said:
How can they have a beard when they don't even have genitals..

That's a mustache. Although you're right. That's one sexy mustache.

Jun 1, 2013 6:03 PM

Feb 2012
Durbikins said:

I also thought the exact same thing when i saw this guy. There's also a titan that looks like a bald Goebbels near him
Jun 1, 2013 6:05 PM

Jul 2009
interpets said:
coyote256 said:
interpets said:
coyote256 said:

he is a corporal, in both anime and manga....

they just treat him like a captain because he's one of the best soldiers

I guess that sort of makes sense but they never call him a corporal though.

they did, well one of the citizens called him "Corporal Levi". i double checked. are you talking about the english subs or the japanese dialogue?

gg subs call him captain throughout. Saw another sub on a site call him corporal though.
edit: Utsune clarified it so thats that
Jun 1, 2013 6:06 PM

Jan 2013
MEanimaniac1 said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Honestly I don't get why, but I enjoy the manga, but the anime I just seem unable to get into..

You're gonna have a bad time here.

lol likely.

I mean maybe its just as the manga is so far ahead and like there is no shock or surprise value in it for me at all. Its like "Well about fucking time".

Ah well it was nice to See Freddie Fukken Mercury though.
Jun 1, 2013 6:09 PM

Sep 2008
Highlights of the episode:

1. Levi
2. Freddy Mercury titan
3. Eren's transformation from inside the bearded titans stomach.
Jun 1, 2013 6:12 PM

Jul 2011
MusicSynesthesia said:
Awesome episode! Love the music, love the action!

Though, did anyone else find it astonishingly idiotic to aim their cannon at their precious wall, with the intention of killing three people standing in front of it?

What you can wait of humanity?
Jun 1, 2013 6:13 PM

May 2013
WOAH WOAH WOAH! So much went on this episode man and it left off at such a tense part, why did they do that. BUT all I know is that Levi is getting more screen time and I love Levi and that's all that matters

Jun 1, 2013 6:14 PM

Jan 2011
This anime never ceases to amaze, fucking amazing! Now I understand why so many people love Levi, he's such a freaking badass. He's get the same mentality as Eren. I'm really interested about his past now. The scene with Eren in the titan's stomach and seeing people still inside it as well was so creepy. Thus, Eren Titan was born, fuck yeah!

The second half was so intense, I had goosebumps. Mikasa looked so awesome and it just shows that she really cares for Eren. The last 5 minutes was the best part of the episode. Eren remembering about the injection from his father, about the basement and turning into a motherfucking badass hollow-looking Titan. Yeah, I came buckets. The OST is also brilliant, I just have to keep mentioning every episode. God, every episode ends with a cliffhanger. I'm going to die waiting another week. xD
100/5
Jun 1, 2013 6:20 PM

Jan 2011
Levi and Hanji were cool

This part kinda reminded me of FMA:B with the lightning.
[center]
Jun 1, 2013 6:20 PM

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Durbikins said:
Darklight0303 said:
Durbikins said:
The scene inside the titan was bullshit.
Stomaches are dark as hell, man. I would know.

Mhmmm of course you would.

Who fucking wouldn't know?
Everyone knows stomaches are dark as hell, man.
Don't give me no shit.
I thought stomachs were like refrigerators, the light's off until you open it.

Maybe all the people the Titans are eating coalesce into a Philosopher's Stone.
Those glow, right?
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jun 1, 2013 6:21 PM

Feb 2012
Now i see why Levi has almost the same number of user favorites as Eren.
Jun 1, 2013 6:22 PM

May 2012
LOL the show's writing is hilarious. Looks like things are going to become full shounen mode soon. I am ready for the friendship speeches. *Side Note* That Levi guy should be the main character, forget Eren and Mikasa.
Jun 1, 2013 6:24 PM
May 2013
now the anime is going to get even more interesting
MajesticNightsJun 1, 2013 6:30 PM
Jun 1, 2013 6:24 PM

Jul 2009
This episode went by so fast. I also don't really like what is going on. How the town thinks that Eran is a traitor. It's annoying. I hope it ends by next episode. I kind of predicted that Eran would eventually leave town with some of the other members to go see the outside world. I'm guessing this will lead into that. Hopefully it happens sooner rather then later. I'm annoyed with these townspeople.
I don't read the manga. Don't spoil it for me. This is my favorite anime since FMA.
Jun 1, 2013 6:25 PM

Jun 2012
iWin101 said:
Now i see why Levi has almost the same number of user favorites as Eren.

You'll see more of why later as well.
Jun 1, 2013 6:26 PM

May 2012
oh fuck this shit. another amazing ep imo. dat ost was freaking awesome.
wow dat end :o
Jun 1, 2013 6:28 PM

Feb 2013
HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS I HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE SEVEN DAYS FOR THE NEXT ONE?!?!?! LIFE IS UNFAIR!!!
Is a person's destiny like a cloud moving with an inescapable flow, or can a person choose the flow he wishes?... I still don't know the answer to this. Either way, the destination may be the same in the end. However, by choosing to live like the latter, a person can live and strive towards a goal. I have finally understood those who have that are truly strong. I have but one goal; I want to become stronger... Enough not to lose to anyone. - Neji Hyuuga
Jun 1, 2013 6:28 PM
Nov 2012
OMGGG THAT KUCHIYOSE NO JUTSU<3 LOved that part. I felt the intense situation. Also, Levi came. Such bad ass. The ost was sooo coool
Jun 1, 2013 6:30 PM

May 2013
Having not read the manga, I was wondering where all the boners and ladyboners for Levi were coming from... I'm starting to understand. And accept. He is a total badass!

I'm extremely interested in Hanji, though, haha. 5/5 ep.
Jun 1, 2013 6:33 PM

Feb 2009
With Eren coming out of a titan and able to create just the titan's torso in a flash, one has to wonder if all these titans walking around are like Eren. Would that also mean that humanity was just fighting his own kind all along?
Jun 1, 2013 6:35 PM

Sep 2012
MaxCrazy7 said:
With Eren coming out of a titan and able to create just the titan's torso in a flash, one has to wonder if all these titans walking around are like Eren. Would that also mean that humanity was just fighting his own kind all along?

I had thought so too, but look how Eren got out of his titan body when it died. Shouldn't that happen to every other titan if that was the case?
Jun 1, 2013 6:39 PM

Feb 2009
Litrydow said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

I had thought so too, but look how Eren got out of his titan body when it died. Shouldn't that happen to every other titan if that was the case?
Eren didn't get the back of his neck cut, he just run out of juice.
Jun 1, 2013 6:42 PM

Aug 2010
Levi ftw! He's a real badass. Already one of my favorite characters this season.
Jun 1, 2013 6:44 PM

Nov 2011
The episode went fast.

Levi is badass. I'm sure he has more than that to have so many fans.

The reaction of people concerning Eren being a Titan is predictable, of course they'll be scared. I wonder if this will last forever or temporary until he prove himself that he is not a threat.

So the injection his father gave him is what turn him into that. I wonder how it work and what the hell is in their basement? Secret lab?

Eren being able to transform into a titan just by biting his finger is pretty neat.

Jun 1, 2013 6:47 PM
Apr 2013
I liked Hanji in the manga but she was just perfection ugh
I really think they adapted this and made it even better imo
Jun 1, 2013 6:48 PM

Feb 2009
PoeticJustice said:
LOL the show's writing is hilarious. Looks like things are going to become full shounen mode soon. I am ready for the friendship speeches. *Side Note* That Levi guy should be the main character, forget Eren and Mikasa.

If you're expecting generic friendship speeches you will be disappointed, or not disappointed, rather.
And Levi is a major character with plenty of screentime, though we won't see much of him for a few more episodes.
Jun 1, 2013 6:48 PM

Jan 2009
damn Hanji is the best girl for me at the moment love her more than in the manga

Hanji x Levi

Jun 1, 2013 6:49 PM

May 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
The episode went fast.

Levi is badass. I'm sure he has more than that to have so many fans.

The reaction of people concerning Eren being a Titan is predictable, of course they'll be scared. I wonder if this will last forever or temporary until he prove himself that he is not a threat.

So the injection his father gave him is what turn him into that. I wonder how it work and what the hell is in their basement? Secret lab?

Eren being able to transform into a titan just by biting his finger is pretty neat.

I feel like now that he has become sentient in the fact he can become a titan, and has already, means he'll be able to control it in titan form. Unless he loses consciousness when he transforms... But hopefully he can prove that he isn't a threat when he is a titan. They obviously need a weapon like that.

The act of transforming is extremely badass looking, I agree. :D
Jun 1, 2013 6:49 PM

Nov 2012
Gotta love Levi's spin attack! But yeah, kinda sucks that Eren is considered a traitor.. So apparently his dad developed something that lets humans spawn and control a titan? I guess that's the stuff they'll find in the basement.
Jun 1, 2013 6:53 PM

Jul 2012
mixordia said:
Manga Fangirl... so nothing is new for me, but SHIT... What was this episode? *Thrilled*

Mikasa... I could turn into a lesbian for her without any problem :P

lol ikr? :D

Mikasa's my hero. Plus we also got the scene where she picked up Eren fireman style XD
Jun 1, 2013 6:55 PM

Oct 2012
Now Sasha's personality doesn't feel that unique anymore, but fuck it, I'M STILL CHEERING HER ON!

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jun 1, 2013 6:56 PM

Feb 2009
Originally when reading the manga I thought Yuu Kobayashi would be a perfect voice for Hanji, but I must say she is great as Sasha and Romi Paku is most defiinitely good as Hanji, too.
Jun 1, 2013 6:56 PM

Apr 2011
mixordia said:

Mikasa... I could turn into a lesbian for her without any problem :P

I feel you XD
Jun 1, 2013 7:01 PM

Feb 2012
I have no idea what just happened at the end, but that was EPIC AS FUCK.
Pages (23) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.