Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 18, 2013 4:45 PM
Jun 2010
FriedIceCream said:
Still need Eren.
But either way, thats awesome.
I hope their explanation for the badass Titan isn't half assed, though.

hahahhah..hoho... hehe.. ahahahh.
Ah great.

I should hang this comment on my wall or something.
May 18, 2013 4:45 PM
Mar 2013
Oo loved it
May 18, 2013 4:46 PM

Feb 2012
Another great ep. For some reason though, I felt like something was missing...

TachiiMay 18, 2013 5:14 PM

Sep 2012
Fucking Awesome episode!!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós

Jun 2010
Oh wow.. what did I just watch? >.<" I want Eren...
Oh no, potato girl in the preview D:
Ugh, we have to wait another week...
May 18, 2013 4:47 PM
Mar 2010
Absolutely loving where they are going on Mikasa's development as a character. Anyway, I haven't spoiled myself as to what is going to happen too much, but all I can say is I hope we get to see plenty more badass titan ;)
May 18, 2013 4:48 PM

Jul 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
pralan said:
Leapling said:
Guys, will it beat Clannad AS at this rate? (in ranking/score)

Maybe during the scouting arc
Well we still need to see how people react to this twist.

I guess that very bad
May 18, 2013 4:50 PM

Oct 2011
Makes me wish I hadn't read the manga. Though all the reactions are almost as entertaining as the anime.
"Everyone dies nya"
May 18, 2013 4:50 PM

Nov 2012
Man the writers should have just let Armin Arlert die, I want Eren man! It's just lie letting Luffy die in the place of Buggy.
May 18, 2013 4:52 PM

Apr 2010
pralan said:
IntroverTurtle said:
pralan said:
Leapling said:
Guys, will it beat Clannad AS at this rate? (in ranking/score)

Maybe during the scouting arc
Well we still need to see how people react to this twist.

I guess that very bad

Judging by the reactions so far, I think it will be more interesting next week, if they show it.
May 18, 2013 4:55 PM

Jun 2012
jayvon said:
Man the writers should have just let Armin Arlert die, I want Eren man! It's just lie letting Luffy die in the place of Buggy.

Armin is actually an important character.
May 18, 2013 4:55 PM

Apr 2008
MEanimaniac1 said:
jayvon said:

Make that CRUCIAL
May 18, 2013 4:56 PM

Nov 2007
MEanimaniac1 said:
jayvon said:

So is Buggy. What's your point?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 18, 2013 4:57 PM

Jun 2009
Some masterful television right here. That song while they were flying... Ohhh man.
May 18, 2013 5:01 PM
Jun 2010
Soundtrack is by Hiroyuki Sawano. That's why it's so awesome. The man's last 3 or 4 anime OSTs have been absolute godly. Ao no Exorcist, Sengoku Basara, Gundam UC, Guilty Crown (didn't like that one much), and now this one. My new favorite composer now

Oh, and major plot twist at the end. Blew my mind. Didn't think the show could get more badass than it already has but it certainly proved me wrong. A week for a new episode and over a month for this soundtrack. Dammit somebody just make a time machine already lol
May 18, 2013 5:02 PM

Feb 2009
What an epic episode, wanna see what happens next week regarding that "abnormal" titan and to see if Eren is still alive which I believe so, and if I'm wrong then WOW I'm really impress. So far this series is a 10/10 I'm left speechless after each episode is over. Without a doubt best anime TV series of the season and possibly of the year.
May 18, 2013 5:04 PM

Mar 2010
Paul said:
Darklight0303 said:
I keep rewatching the scene when he sends the titan's head flying at sonic speed into the tower. Love the sound assets in this episode not just the BGM.

*Insert BGM & SFX*

HOMERUN!!! :D
May 18, 2013 5:07 PM

Nov 2011
That was amazing. The OST left me speechless along with the fluid animation. I'm excited for the next episode, if what I think is going to come next is coming...

shanimebib said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
jayvon said:

Buggy is comic relief, Armin actually plays an important role and you'll see what that role is soon. Although I'm sure everyone got a big enough hint during the training arc if they listened to the instructor.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 18, 2013 5:07 PM

Jun 2011
Dat OST..!
Dat Titan..!!
Dat Punch..!!!
i loved this episode.. the only thing bothering me censorship/off screening..
5/5
May 18, 2013 5:09 PM

Jul 2012
Great soundtrack, great action, great as expected overall even though I read the manga.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

May 18, 2013 5:10 PM

May 2010
Lylaaz said:
Paul said:
Darklight0303 said:
I keep rewatching the scene when he sends the titan's head flying at sonic speed into the tower. Love the sound assets in this episode not just the BGM.

*Insert BGM & SFX*

HOMERUN!!! :D
NAH not a home run... THAT WAS IMMA SLAP THE DOG SHIT OUT OF YEAH
May 18, 2013 5:13 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was so great, even like the previous episodes. Actually, the plot twists in here and the manga are just making the show really AMAZINNNG.
I am freaking in love with the soundtrack as well, it gives off such an awesome vibe.

The way they put just enough more emotion into Mikasa's character made her even more great. I actually though it was great that they got into fighting again. Also, I'm glad the old Eren showed up, I almost died crying when it was playing the music and it showed him fighting. I was like "SHIT." Both the manga and anime are getting a 10 for me. I'm really looking forward to the next even though it will be a while and same as I read more of the manga.

Also

May 18, 2013 5:15 PM

Apr 2011
that episode was intense, fuck those flashbacks mikasa had of eren hit me hard

hate having to wait a week for the next episode !
May 18, 2013 5:30 PM

Sep 2011
Wow wow wow. Amazing episode after a weakish episode last week.

The badass Titan should've looked a bit "Dark"(as in, emo), but other than that, this is amazing, great animation(unlike last week's) and great liberty taken by the animators.

WOOOOOOOH!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 18, 2013 5:36 PM

Feb 2013
Oh Mai Gad, dat wuz amayzin!
May 18, 2013 5:38 PM
Jun 2010
What a fucking punch omfg! Loved it, this anime is so brilliant i dont have words to describe it...
May 18, 2013 5:39 PM
May 2013
This show is FUCKING awesome!!!
May 18, 2013 5:45 PM

Sep 2011
All the switches between the scenes were awesome

I am not too sure what was the pomegranate suppose to symbolize, but it definitely looked cool!
May 18, 2013 5:47 PM

Sep 2011
Forgot to say that the OST this episode. My God. I'll buy the OST soundtrack if they release it<3.
May 18, 2013 5:48 PM
May 2013
Paul said:
Darklight0303 said:

*Insert BGM & SFX*

I am gonna knock your block off.
May 18, 2013 5:49 PM

Jan 2008
GodlyKyon said:
I am not too sure what was the pomegranate suppose to symbolize, but it definitely looked cool!

Actually curious on that too. I have a couple guesses but they feel pretty off.
May 18, 2013 5:50 PM

Nov 2011
This really is like Full Metal Jacket but with giants. That suicide scene was so disturbing.

GodlyKyon said:

Well, in Jewish tradition a pomegranate symbolizes propagation and multiplying, so maybe it was a symbol of how humanity had to survive and keep reproducing.
May 18, 2013 5:53 PM

Oct 2012
Oh my GOD. That was fucking great. Really wish I hadn't read spoilers a couple of weeks ago.
GodlyKyon said:
Wondering the same thing.
May 18, 2013 5:55 PM

Sep 2011
Paul said:
GodlyKyon said:

It wasn't in the manga, so I'm not sure of the meaning but..

Symbolism can mean many things. "Gods Creation" "Reproducing" etc.
TyrelMay 18, 2013 5:58 PM
May 18, 2013 5:58 PM
Dec 2012
Awesome. Just speechless. She was lucky. Like she said, it was like wrath of humanity against the man-eaters. Dies irae: the day of wrath. Yeah if I were the director, I would've used the powerful song from Verdi Requiem for the scene.
May 18, 2013 5:59 PM

Jul 2010
He's cool, isn't he.

Tyrel said:
Forgot to say that the OST this episode. My God. I'll buy the OST soundtrack if they release it<3.

^ This.
Paul said:
Darklight0303 said:

*Insert BGM & SFX*

OH, I JUST CAME SO MUCH.
May 18, 2013 6:00 PM

Jan 2012
I have to say the walls explanation was bullshit, they didn't even start to explain how they actually built the walls in the first place. If the manga went further feel free to enlighten me. Other than that this was a really good episode. I can sense the plot armor incoming, plus I was already spoiled but still it's pretty decent.
May 18, 2013 6:00 PM

Apr 2008
Tyrel said:
Paul said:
GodlyKyon said:

So she's thinking of making Babies with Eren if he was alive? Sounds legit :P

ReasonDesu said:
I have to say the walls explanation was bullshit, they didn't even start to explain how they actually built the walls in the first place. If the manga went further feel free to enlighten me. Other than that this was a really good episode. I can sense the plot armor incoming, plus I was already spoiled but still it's pretty decent.

It does get explained.
May 18, 2013 6:01 PM

Jan 2011
Holy FUCK! This show is fucking amazing... The amount of times that I shouted 'holy shit' in this episode was insane. Everyone was pretty much traumatized and really to kill themselves. Some guy even shot himself which was very disturbing. Mikasa acting all strong and hiding her true sadness in front of everyone was very touching. The action and OST blends so fucking well; I seriously can't get enough of those fast-paced flying action scenes. <3

The scene with Mikasa almost giving up on life but kept standing was amazing. I had goosebumps and I almost cried when she remembered about Eren. It just shows her love for Eren is way beyond the normal. Holy SHIT that abnormal Titan. It's Eren, right?! MY GOD, the Titan's scream was insanely awesome and the way he killed those titans. Loved the regeneration scene of his hand too.

Yeah, in my honest opinion this is the best episode! It was so perfect that I felt so many emotions in this one episode and it's only the 7th episode. Now I have to wait another 7 days. The wait is going to kill me.
100/5
May 18, 2013 6:03 PM

Jan 2009
GodlyKyon said:

maybe its just hope or to remind Mikasa that this world is not only merciless but also beautiful but im just guessing

Sep 2011
neontaster said:
This really is like Full Metal Jacket but with giants. That suicide scene was so disturbing.

GodlyKyon said:

Well, in Jewish tradition a pomegranate symbolizes propagation and multiplying, so maybe it was a symbol of how humanity had to survive and keep reproducing.

Did not know that, that would be an appropriate message, though it would mean Mikasa would need to "do it" with someone who is not Eren...

WHAT ARE YOU DOING ARMIN!?
Tyrel said:
Paul said:
GodlyKyon said:

Huh... God's creation? Reproducing seems more likely

Did some googling, found this:http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/symbols/pomegranate.htm

Apparently, jesus held that in a painting once when he was a child

also: "is a symbol of the resurrection and the hope of eternal life." So that's something

I DID remember it in Greek mythology before, so it can also symbolize sprint?

Aug 2012
Oh wow, the forshadowing in this episode... From the short Annie-Ryner talk to the Pomegranate walls.
Such an epic series.
May 18, 2013 6:05 PM

Feb 2013
Mikasa's speecchhh!! AND THE BATTLE CONTINUES WITH EVERYONE DRIVEN FORWARD!!! KILL THE TITANS!!!

May 18, 2013 6:06 PM

Jan 2010
This show. This freaking show. It's absolutely crazy Every episode always seems better than the last, seriously. Just when I think I can't be more shocked, they pull more rug out from under me again and again. There are so many twists, it's unbelievable. I don't know if I've ever seen a show surprise me so much. Can't wait for more twists.

Also that badass Titan was the coolest thing. That roar sent shivers down my back and I enjoyed every moment of it. Then there was that six pack, dang.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2013 6:08 PM

Aug 2011
How very convenient.

Episode went by really fast, even though not much actually happened. Probably because Mikasa.
May 18, 2013 6:09 PM

Nov 2010
ReasonDesu said:
It doesn't get explained completely. That's part of the mystery throughout the story.
May 18, 2013 6:12 PM

Nov 2012
MEanimaniac1 said:
jayvon said:

Ragix said:
That was amazing. The OST left me speechless along with the fluid animation. I'm excited for the next episode, if what I think is going to come next is coming...

shanimebib said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
jayvon said:

Buggy is comic relief, Armin actually plays an important role and you'll see what that role is soon. Although I'm sure everyone got a big enough hint during the training arc if they listened to the instructor.

Armin sucks he's a pussy and he's boring. Eren brought all the badassness to the anime. I rather him die than Eren. I'm just saying this anime has lost it's Main source of epicness and awesomeness. And don't tell me about the bullshit manga because I don't read manga.
May 18, 2013 6:13 PM

Jul 2010
j0x said:
GodlyKyon said:

maybe its just hope or to remind Mikasa that this world is not only merciless but also beautiful but im just guessing

Wrong. It is about vital energy, fertility, abundance and proliferation.
The red juice means the blood. Furthermore, in ancient Egypt the pomegranate juice meant a magic potion that saved the mankind from destruction.
AkanezoraMay 18, 2013 6:24 PM
May 18, 2013 6:16 PM
May 2013
Seriously though is Eren dead or not? I think that muscular titan with the fabulous hair is somehow connected to Eren.
May 18, 2013 6:17 PM

Sep 2011
Akanezora said:
j0x said:
GodlyKyon said:

Wrong. It is about vital energy, fertility, abundance and proliferation.
The red juice means the blood. In the ancient Egypt the juyce meant a magic potion that saves the mankind from destruction.

I think the explanation you offered in egypt is interesting... Though I am pretty sure it was fertility.

jayvon said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
jayvon said:

Ragix said:

shanimebib said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
jayvon said:

Armin sucks he's a pussy and he's boring. Eren brought all the badassness to the anime. I rather him die than Eren. I'm just saying this anime has lost it's Main source of epicness and awesomeness. And don't tell me about the bullshit manga because I don't read manga.

LOL... Well this manga is based off of the manga and is very faithful to it.

That being said, I hope I was not the only one who thought Armin would have been better off as a trap.
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.