Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 25, 2013 8:20 PM
Oct 2010
BR already came out.
Jun 25, 2013 8:21 PM
Feb 2013
Felchenerow said:
Any news on the BR coming out yet?

As in a release outside of Japan?
The second movie won't even be out in the US until August, so I doubt we'll be getting the third one anytime soon.
Jun 25, 2013 8:23 PM

May 2012
Best movie in the trilogy IMO. They actually put in more details from the Manga than the other two movies and that is to be commended. The art and animation are much, much better than they were previously. My only problem is that I don't like Guts's seiyuu, he doesn't capture Guts very well IMO.
Jun 25, 2013 10:32 PM

Jun 2011
Felchenerow said:
Any news on the BR coming out yet?

the Bluray already out in japan.
you can buy it from CDjapan but without eng sub/dub.
if you ask about a release outside japan give it a year to come out with eng sub/dub.
Jun 26, 2013 3:25 AM

Jun 2009
no 4 ??? i really want to see what happens next T_T
///Badges///
Jun 26, 2013 4:03 AM

Jun 2011
_NaNa_ said:
no 4 ??? i really want to see what happens next T_T

Read the manga.. you won't be disappointed.
Jun 26, 2013 6:10 AM

Jun 2010
I hope they decide to make more series from where the anime or movie left off
Jun 26, 2013 2:04 PM
Feb 2013
They've already said they plan on continuing it. That was the plan from the start. It's only a matter of time before they announce where they'll be going with it.
Jun 26, 2013 5:54 PM

Jan 2011
messed up stuff, it convinced me to pick up the manga though
Jun 26, 2013 9:09 PM

Jun 2012
commie's subs are out
Jun 26, 2013 10:50 PM

May 2010
This BERSERK is so gore and violent which I love but I think it's a little bit tuoo much

Jun 26, 2013 11:09 PM
Feb 2013
http://img3.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/ea1d4bbb2f6dc9b1941adfb0ca47201a1317952880_full.jpg

Well this image makes it look like they originally planned to actually show why Rickert wasn't with the Band of the Hawks before the Eclipse. It still would have been different from the manga, but it would have been nice to have this potential scene...
Jun 27, 2013 12:40 AM
Jan 2011
Samneillium said:
http://img3.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/ea1d4bbb2f6dc9b1941adfb0ca47201a1317952880_full.jpg

Well this image makes it look like they originally planned to actually show why Rickert wasn't with the Band of the Hawks before the Eclipse. It still would have been different from the manga, but it would have been nice to have this potential scene...

In the original anime didn't Rickert go to a camp for recruits and they all got slaughtered by monsters?

They only mentioned he left in the movie and even at the end he never says anything to guts about it. Haven't read the manga so not sure what really happens
Jun 27, 2013 5:52 AM

Jul 2009
For all the questions just read the manga, there are plenty of scene that was excluded from the movies, even the Buster Sword

Well the raep scene is as always mindf*cked, but at least we will have the continuation not like when i watched the earlier series
Jun 27, 2013 7:15 AM

Apr 2011
Wallace93 said:
commie's subs are out

Wow, thank you, I was waiting for this info!
Their release is r18 ^.^
Jun 27, 2013 9:59 AM

Feb 2009
The anime ending was for kids comparing to the movie, my god even watching all this action on the eclipse for a second time I still felt very uncomfortable and heavy, great job on the trilogy, hope there will be more movies.
Jun 27, 2013 12:22 PM

Jun 2008
Great film, would have given this a 10 if not the poor 3D animated scenes. Nothing more has been announced unfortunetaly. Wonder what's next, new movie, OVA or nothing for a few years?
Jun 27, 2013 1:17 PM

Aug 2011
Man, that was great. I personally don't see what's wrong with the animated 3D scenes, but I'm no art critic so it's probably just me. I actually thought it looked pretty good during the fights.

While I don't like it skipped some things, or put different things in the same scene while they shouldn't, I think they did an amazing job on the Eclipse itself. I dare to say the eclipse in the movie was even better than the anime and manga!

8/10
Jun 27, 2013 1:56 PM
Oct 2010
StrawHat_ said:
Man, that was great. I personally don't see what's wrong with the animated 3D scenes, but I'm no art critic so it's probably just me. I actually thought it looked pretty good during the fights.

While I don't like it skipped some things, or put different things in the same scene while they shouldn't, I think they did an amazing job on the Eclipse itself. I dare to say the eclipse in the movie was even better than the anime and manga!

8/10

There's nothing wrong with the apostles, the humans though, they look stiff and awkward.
Jun 27, 2013 7:35 PM

Oct 2010
I am completely disappointed by the third movie. It was the worst so far, with the second one taking a lead and the first somewhere inbetween. My expectations were crushed.

I really wanted to, but I hardly felt touched by any of the scenes. As someone above said - manga was a dozen times more moving and even made me shed a tear or two. I was waiting for the same moment in the movie, but without a success (prison cell scene, Griffith's 'eavesdropping' and many others - I'm pointing at you).

Voice acting and sound composition in general weren't well executed. The soundtrack didn't fit the, especially dramatic, mood. Guts' lamentation sounded, not fake, but very weak compared to the emotions the character was trying to portray.

The only memorable thing was L'Avènement_06 (Guitares '1135') from the soundtrack, which will be a common guest on my playlist.
Jun 28, 2013 12:30 AM

Jun 2008
@Eldrich: Are you trolling? What exactly was wrong with this movie? It's definitely best of the three.
Jun 28, 2013 1:26 AM

Jan 2011
Slan voiced by Sawashiro miyuki = I can fap to this

Casca rape scene = I can't fap to this
[center]
Jun 28, 2013 6:38 AM
Nov 2012
This was the only movie that I truly enjoyed of the three after the deception of the second (it was the worst of the three), CGI was improved (but i hate to see cgi characters near of the screen) a bit, but even with that they have cut many parts of the manga that I liked,
but wasn't as rushed as the previous.
I still missing hirasawa's tracks but sagisu did it very well with this.
str_mln2Jun 28, 2013 6:42 AM
Jun 28, 2013 7:19 AM

Jul 2012
Best Berserk movie so far.
Jun 28, 2013 8:09 AM
Aug 2010
absolutely love this movie
Jun 28, 2013 11:34 AM

Oct 2008
"Minaide"

Never raged so hard in my life before.
Jun 28, 2013 11:37 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, this was spectacular
Griffith as mummy Gollum
No borderlines at all and to turn into the land of demons
Jun 28, 2013 2:26 PM

Nov 2011
Vast improvement from the previous ones and God damn it got me good.
Everything actually worked perfectly for the whole Eclipse scene and it was all fucking brutal just how I hoped it would be.
Honestly, what was the icing on the cake was Skull Knight actually being in it. It always saddened me that Skull Knight and Puck didn't even have cameos in the anime, but seeing this just made me shriek with joy.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 28, 2013 8:03 PM

Apr 2008
VioLink said:
Slan voiced by Sawashiro miyuki = I can fap to this

Lol, nah, Tanaka, Atsuko was better for Slan. Most of the former Seiyuu was better

KiraYoshikageJun 28, 2013 8:07 PM
Jun 28, 2013 8:06 PM

Apr 2013
Alright I just finished the 3rd movie of Berserk and the one I was the most pumped to watch.. Overall it's a 7/10 for a few reasons.

1) CGI - way too many close shots of CGI (less than in the other 2 but still really annoying and lazy)

- The movement looked weird here and there and it really threw me off from a good screening experience.

2) They left out quite a bit of content from the manga

- I know the movie would've been 4hours + if they used all the content but it's still annoying for manga readers.

3) The rape scene, as we discussed earlier, had Caska smiling. That was kind of disturbing yes, but not how it happened in the manga

- She was crying at first then she became emotionless; it pissed me off more than it disgusted me.
- Also, yeah I fucking hate NTR so bad; I have to say it was worst to watch animated.

4) *Not related to the movie's production* The subs I had were terrible
KneelBeforeMeJun 28, 2013 9:01 PM
Jun 29, 2013 12:19 AM
Aug 2012
Well, that was pretty rustling. You'd think after two movies they'd be able to make the animation less choppy. Maybe I'm blinded by nostalgia vision, but I still think the anime did this whole arc much better. I'm gonna pick up the mange before the next movie comes out.
Jun 29, 2013 1:39 AM

Jul 2010
I see they put most of their focus on the last movie and wow was it amazing!
Jun 29, 2013 4:53 AM

Nov 2008
What the hell was wrong with that raping scene?! They made her smile, blush and kiss him back!! Someone please tell me that they just messed up the scene and that she didn't enjoy it at all at any level!
Jun 29, 2013 6:24 AM

Oct 2010
Dizzee said:
@Eldrich: Are you trolling? What exactly was wrong with this movie? It's definitely best of the three.

I'm sure I've pointed out at least three things that support my opinion. Could you please re-read my post again?
Jun 29, 2013 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
This movie was almost as brutal as the manga. The part where Guts tries to cut his arm off almost made me look away

FF-FANATIC said:
What the hell was wrong with that raping scene?! They made her smile, blush and kiss him back!! Someone please tell me that they just messed up the scene and that she didn't enjoy it at all at any level!

That pissed me off too.
Jun 29, 2013 11:54 AM

Jun 2008
Eldrich said:
Dizzee said:

I'm sure I've pointed out at least three things that support my opinion. Could you please re-read my post again?

You could apply these things to all three movies, I don't see how this one was worse than the previous one's. You didn't compared them.
Jun 29, 2013 11:57 AM

Apr 2013
FF-FANATIC said:
yup look at the other pages from this discussion we've talked about it.. In the manga she cries and begs Guts not to watch and then when her mind "breaks" she becomes emotionless and the same as a doll. They really screwed this scene up and it looked way too much like a NTR hentai for me.
Jun 29, 2013 12:08 PM

Nov 2008
Sourire said:
FF-FANATIC said:
yup look at the other pages from this discussion we've talked about it.. In the manga she cries and begs Guts not to watch and then when her mind "breaks" she becomes emotionless and the same as a doll. They really screwed this scene up and it looked way too much like a NTR hentai for me.

Aha then it's good that others thought of the same thing too. I mean I read the manga long time ago and I don't remember the details much BUT I do recall that she did not look like she was enjoying it at all.
Jun 29, 2013 1:16 PM
Feb 2013
I've heard plenty of people say they thought it looked like she enjoyed it in the the original anime and even the manga. I didn't get that impression for any of them.
Jun 29, 2013 1:48 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Everything was great except the rape scene...

Still overall, this was a great movie. Sure they sorta screwed up the rape scene which was very important. However, given that everything else was executed rather flawlessly, I will forgive the blunder.

slightly shaky 9/10. If we accept partial score, I would only give 8.5/10
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 29, 2013 3:41 PM

Oct 2010
Dizzee said:
Eldrich said:
Dizzee said:

You could apply these things to all three movies, I don't see how this one was worse than the previous one's. You didn't compared them.

I didn't intend or try to compare the movies. If you really want to know the reason I place the third one on the worst position, it is the execution of key scenes and fitting the mood of previous franchise products. Berserk III was a mood killer for me and if it wasn't for the brand itself, I would drop it somewhere near the middle of its duration.
Jun 29, 2013 4:12 PM
Aug 2012
It was the best movie in the trilogy, I enjoyed every minute of it
Jun 29, 2013 10:24 PM

Apr 2008
Eldrich said:
Dizzee said:
Eldrich said:
Dizzee said:

I didn't intend or try to compare the movies. If you really want to know the reason I place the third one on the worst position, it is the execution of key scenes and fitting the mood of previous franchise products. Berserk III was a mood killer for me and if it wasn't for the brand itself, I would drop it somewhere near the middle of its duration.

I understand you, thw two other movie make the third not good, but the second movies was the worst for me. one way or another the project was a disaster for me

@Dizzee

Even if this is the best, it does what. It remains a disappointment to some people.
Jun 30, 2013 3:55 AM

Jun 2011
i can't express how happy i am :P finally,

the covers looks AMAAAAZING, ofc by Kentaro miura.
3 Movies with beautiful covers + 2 CDs for OST..
+ 3 Booklets + small poster (iphone size) + HUGE poster (1.5 m)
gonna watch them for the 3rd time xD
Jun 30, 2013 11:25 AM

Nov 2011
8 or 9...since this is my fave part in the original I'll go with 9. Would have been 10 if they included Wyald. Would have been 8 if I didn't read the manga.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jul 2, 2013 7:02 AM

Jun 2007
The weakest of the trilogy by a small margin, for me... which is odd when it was also the longest and most faithful (in terms of the eclipse). In the other films there were a few new music tracks that added excitement/feeling - making up for the lack of REAL Berserk music, bar the intro track - but here there was nothing except the 6th track here. During the eclipse there was either silence or unmemorable pieces hidden behind the dialogue. That's in total contrast to the TV series, which stuck the slaughter/rape into my brain firmly enough for me to recall parts of it when listening to these BEAUTIFUL tracks:

^ The rape.

^ Judeau's end (lacked the punch it did in the TV series, without the dialogue lamenting over never confessing to Casca).

There were other problems with the whole eclipse monster-fest outside of audio. For one, Guts' rage wasn't conveyed anywhere near as well, as someone else in this thread mentioned. In the TV series I FELT Guts' emotions as he went berserk... but not here. And removing the Gaston relief-despair moment, right before the Pippin bit, took away from the double-whammy.

Also: FUCK YOU FOR GOING AT A SLOW, STEADY PACE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE TRILOGY, IN THE LONGEST FILM, AND *NOT* INCLUDING WYLAD! Why even bother adapting what's already been adapted wonderfully if you're only going to provide a far more rushed version of events, minus what got skipped the first time around!?... Uggghhh. Two anime adaptations and both times the best fight in the series went bye-bye. Its exclusion made what could've been fluid and excitingly paced into the sorta faithful adaptation that would've worked well in the other movies... just not here.

Alsoalso: it's been debated time and time again whether Casca enjoyed the rape. Is nothing new. What's certain is she did kiss Griffth back in every version the moment when Guts' eye was pierced.

Discussion: http://www.mangaupdates.com/showtopic.php?tid=14040&page=3#post479947
Jul 2, 2013 7:09 AM

Jan 2013
Yea the films needed the OST's from Berserk anime
Jul 2, 2013 1:33 PM

Jan 2008
This series with all its shortcomings and screw ups was worth it for the Eclipse alone. They did an excellent job with it. The whole thing was disturbingly captivating. Scary stuff.

Jul 2, 2013 1:33 PM

Jan 2013
masaba said:
This series with all its shortcomings and screw ups was worth it for the Eclipse alone. They did an excellent job with it. The whole thing was disturbingly captivating. Scary stuff.

I'm more excited for Berserker armor
Jul 2, 2013 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
ibrahim2712 said:
masaba said:

I'm more excited for Berserker armor
I just hope they stop producing films when Berserk turns into Pirates of the Caribbean
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Guts and Jaime Lannister

Deeboy - Dec 10, 2018

2 by Dannyr22 »»
Mar 26, 2023 8:17 AM

» Berserk Ougon Jidai-hen III kourin l what chapters are in the movie?

NAYANAYANAYA - Mar 14, 2023

1 by AndroidLB »»
Mar 14, 2023 10:35 AM

» Why so much hate for the berserk movies ?

EndritVA - May 14, 2014

19 by DriveTG »»
Jul 28, 2022 12:33 PM

» I know why this movie exists

WhyIsGutsSoAweso - May 15, 2021

7 by WhyIsGutsSoAweso »»
May 16, 2021 9:22 AM

» Why do people say the soundtrack for the movies weren't good?

HarryRambod22 - Oct 9, 2017

1 by Zoldra0 »»
Oct 11, 2017 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.