Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 6, 2013 2:51 AM

Apr 2010
nice ep
poor chamber ><
May 6, 2013 3:10 AM
Jul 2012
Ok, if any of you don't get it why they make this anime became SoL (Slice of Life) Mecha. It's simple.

i forgot where i read. Urobochi said it himself that this anime is not about Bloody battle just like Shingeki no Kyojin, or recent jokeass nonlogic lolplot Valvrave (I'm not really insulting Valvrave here instead i enjoy the story also even some scene has no make sense whatsoever).

This anime intended to be viewed toward people 'who has afraid to go outside of the world even in late 20' or people wh want to try to get out fro mtheir own comfort zone. in anime or japan slang Hikikomori'

as you know some of us are afraid going outside to the world. And Led/Ledo/Redo/Red/ Lad...whatever is the symbol of it.

Look how the MC in here are trying to find the job that suitable for him, in the end his job is simple but the way to execute the Job is difficult because he has so many disadvantage:
- being chased by Okama
- Lack of sense of direction skills.
- Language problem (even worse if he doesn't have translator)
- Know only destroy the Hideauze

yeah he is soldier who only know about kill and waiting orders. Now in here, in alien society (for him) he try to be useful just like normal person, going out from his hikikomori states.

Look how he can't swim. He just want to be simply USEFUL for other people in non-galactic war society.

So if any of you who really disappointed why this mecha anime become like this, better you stop watching and watch other anime that better or suitable for you.

this anime is actually for encouraging people who actually pretend cannot work or stay at home because 'the world is cruel'.etc

THis anime also shows that Eventought hideauze cause disaster on earth, the Earth still standing and so many survivor who actually try to start new way of life instead endless fighting.

You want deeper bloody plot? or just tragic fighting near no-hope of survive?
watch other anime.

unless The Urobutcher trolling this all episode that we watched was just Ledo's dreams because he want to have a peaceful life LULZ and BOOM all die.

I hope not.
May 6, 2013 3:30 AM

Mar 2009
I'm keeping up with this one because I have a feeling it will get interesting and a bit more serious soon. But, if not, it's still an all right watch, so no regrets.
May 6, 2013 3:53 AM
Apr 2013
I don't mind this episode because "it has no action" - the last one didn't have any either, and it was great. It fleshed out the characters, it let them interact, we got insightful flashbacks, new relationships, foreshadowing...

This, in comparison, was just stalling. It's can be skipped entirely, and the overall plot wouldn't suffer for it.

Also, aren't sexual molestation and transphobia hilarious?! Well, no... not really.

I'm sorry, but the last four episodes were really cleverly written and ingenious, so you'll have to forgive me if I'm a bit taken aback. Is there like a "mandatory wasteful episode" clause in their contract or something?
May 6, 2013 4:09 AM

Nov 2010
No anime episode without one with swimsuits
Ledo get your harem plan in work now!
May 6, 2013 4:44 AM
Aug 2011
Ledo reminded me of Sanji when he was running from the he/shes lol
May 6, 2013 5:33 AM

Aug 2011
Now this was something else, I didn't expect them to have a beach episode in a 12 episode show, but seeing how atmosphere is in this show, I'm not surprised either to be honest.

Really chill and hot episode, Ledo trying to get a job in this society where he just about can communicate with, and it has OKAMAS! Chamber being used as a barbecue and ignored to the bitter end of the episode was just hilarious. Poor yonborou.

Well I think it's just calm before the storm, and something big will indeed happen when the show is nearing its end. I'm quite satisfied with this chill show, especially with the other shows I am watching this season, lol.

May 6, 2013 6:02 AM

Mar 2013
indeed, this episode just too hilarious... :)
poor chamber at the end.. www
May 6, 2013 6:04 AM
Jan 2013
Utagaii said:
Well, it is a lot of fanservice, and a good anime wouldn't do much of that,
Evangelion always ends with fanservice. TTGL has Yoko - the walking fanservice. You see tons of fanservice episode in any good animation; your opinion is totally invalid.

bastek66 said:
evilcyber said:
seriously guys.. whats urobuchi doing? making something like this? oh gawd

How many times I repeated. IT'S NOT HIS ANIME. It's Murata's and Uro helps with script.
DON'T EXPECT TYPICAL UROBUTCHERING.
Story and concept is from Murata + Urobuchi, but it's Urobuchi who looks over the entire script - aka series composition. He is responsible for giving this episode and if you think that's not an episode of Urobuchi-style, hell no.

Urobuchi Style = Explosion/Boobs/Gore. Done. In this series, at least we aren't going to see zetsubou spiral.
KitchiriMay 6, 2013 6:13 AM
May 6, 2013 6:31 AM

Apr 2008
singleturbo said:
Lets say later on there is a threat to Gargantia that needs to be overcome/fought. Don't you first need to show how nice it is there so viewers have an idea just what everyone is fighting for and to actually be invested in the outcome?

Sure. but not when there's only 12 freakin episodes scheduled.
May 6, 2013 6:39 AM

Aug 2012
that ridget...

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
May 6, 2013 6:46 AM

Apr 2008
The thing is they could have made a show on that topic by just instantly making Ledo appear in the depths of Earth's sea. He could still explain about the Alliance and Hideaz sure but they would only be his account without us having seen those two factions going at it in a fierce war for domination and survival. Instead they went through the pains of introducing the Hideaz and the Alliance only to completely and utterly ignore their presence in the rest of the short show. That's not good writing no matter what people say.
May 6, 2013 6:59 AM

Apr 2013
I'm sure there are some people who are confused about this fanservice episode. Why Urobuchi? Why?
Like that XD
Anyway calming and pretty good SOL episode
Those muscular guys are scary...
May 6, 2013 7:02 AM
Jan 2013
Darklight0303 said:
The thing is they could have made a show on that topic by just instantly making Ledo appear in the depths of Earth's sea. He could still explain about the Alliance and Hideaz sure but they would only be his account without us having seen those two factions going at it in a fierce war for domination and survival. Instead they went through the pains of introducing the Hideaz and the Alliance only to completely and utterly ignore their presence in the rest of the short show. That's not good writing no matter what people say.
That's just your preference, not the standard of good writing.
May 6, 2013 7:03 AM

Apr 2008
Kitchiri said:
Darklight0303 said:
That's just your preference, not the standard of good writing.

Oh yes I am sure everyone would have loved Starwars anyway if Luke never left Dagobah and the empire just fizzled out on its own.
May 6, 2013 7:05 AM
Jan 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Oh yes I am sure everyone would have loved Starwars anyway if Luke never left Dagobah and the empire just fizzled out on its own.
That's a bad comparison. You know that yourself.
May 6, 2013 7:07 AM

Apr 2008
Kitchiri said:
Darklight0303 said:
That's a bad comparison. You know that yourself.

No not really. In both instances the core of the plot and the universe is forgotten and reduced to a nice safe little pocket for the MC and whoever he meets.
May 6, 2013 7:10 AM
Jan 2013
Darklight0303 said:
No not really. In both instances the core of the plot and the universe is forgotten and reduced to a nice safe little pocket for the MC and whoever he meets.
Because core of the plot never was the universe, but Gargantia. Read the title. This is Votoms + Water world type sci-fi, not Star wars.
May 6, 2013 7:14 AM

Apr 2008
Kitchiri said:
Darklight0303 said:
Because core of the plot never was the universe, but Gargantia. Read the title. This is Votoms + Water world type sci-fi, not Star wars.

Then they should have skipped the first part of the episode showing the colony and the Hideaz. Just dropped Ledo in the ocean and have him found. Simple. But no they went through the effort of animating that epic space battle, establishing the power of the Hideaz and the ruthlessness and powerlessness of the Alliance. Only to then completely ignore it? You don't have to be a literary expert to know that's bad writing. You can still like something without it being good writing. Nothing wrong with that. But don't tell me you honestly believe this show is well written when it completely discards major elements like this.

Also what happened to the Hideaz slug like creature that was attached to Chamber? It just poofed huh.
Darklight0303May 6, 2013 7:18 AM
May 6, 2013 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Well, I did not expect that the situation became so quiet you can imagine that the authors could already be showing off all the secret weapons hidden by the female part of the cast! XD I could say that the thing nice and very good graphic design that makes it easy to digest! Plot apart! They note on the drawing the author's past adventures! X°° D I raise the average for that reason alone.
May 6, 2013 7:21 AM
Jan 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Then they should have skipped the first part of the episode showing the colony and the Hideaz. Just dropped Ledo in the ocean and have him found. Simple. But no they went through the effort of animating that epic space battle, establishing the power of the Hideaz and the ruthlessness and powerlessness of the Alliance. Only to then completely ignore it?
They didn't ignore. Watch the last part of episode 4. Alliance is still major aspect of the series, revealing Ledo's past and how their desperate situation affected Ledo as an individual.

Even if you think that part of story is 'ignored', there is a word called 'MacGuffin' which is totally acceptable plot device in any media.

You don't have to be a literary expert to know that's bad writing. You can still like something without it being good writing. Nothing wrong with that.
Your 'like' =/= 'standard of good writing'. That's the thing I know.

But don't tell me you honestly believe this show is well written when it completely discards major elements like this.
Because that fight is not even a major element.

Also what happened to the Hideaz slug like creature that was attached to Chamber? It just poofed huh.
This gives me laugh, because no-one cared about it except you.
KitchiriMay 6, 2013 7:28 AM
May 6, 2013 7:29 AM

Jan 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Kitchiri said:
Darklight0303 said:

Then they should have skipped the first part of the episode showing the colony and the Hideaz. Just dropped Ledo in the ocean and have him found. Simple. But no they went through the effort of animating that epic space battle, establishing the power of the Hideaz and the ruthlessness and powerlessness of the Alliance. Only to then completely ignore it? You don't have to be a literary expert to know that's bad writing. You can still like something without it being good writing. Nothing wrong with that. But don't tell me you honestly believe this show is well written when it completely discards major elements like this.

For me, showing the epic battle scene, along with the information such as "You will be granted freedom of sleep,food and reproduction" and etc, is a great way to explain about the state of the Alliance and the Hideauz.

I'd say its well done, plus the first 10 minutes of episode one also drew in many viewers. I just don't see how Ledo can explain these 10 minutes of action and speech in words, if he were to be dropped in the ocean and found as you said.

If 10 minutes is all we have for intros, I would take the battle scene. The downside is, I initially thought that this was a mainly a mecha anime. The mecha element has died down every episode, reduced to a barbecue pit, from a container mover and pirate ship defender.

Overall still good, if I look at this anime with a slice of life view.
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
May 6, 2013 7:32 AM

Apr 2008
BlackShock_ said:
Darklight0303 said:
Kitchiri said:
Darklight0303 said:

For me, showing the epic battle scene, along with the information such as "You will be granted freedom of sleep,food and reproduction" and etc, is a great way to explain about the state of the Alliance and the Hideauz.

I'd say its well done, plus the first 10 minutes of episode one also drew in many viewers. I just don't see how Ledo can explain these 10 minutes of action and speech in words, if he were to be dropped in the ocean and found as you said.

If 10 minutes is all we have for intros, I would take the battle scene. The downside is, I initially thought that this was a mainly a mecha anime. The mecha element has died down every episode, reduced to a barbecue pit, from a container mover and pirate ship defender.

Those 10 minutes drew in viewers with false advertising. That shit wouldn't float with other media.
May 6, 2013 7:34 AM
Jan 2013
BlackShock_ said:

Don't really need to say the world 'slice of life' I think. Gargantia just has more of 'classic' SF vibe than Japanese mecha genre. People are getting confused since they are thinking too much of Gundam, I think.

Darklight0303 said:
Those 10 minutes drew in viewers with false advertising. That shit wouldn't float with other media.
They never false advertised. Urobuchi said it will be about encouraging people who just went into the society - which is totally what Ledo is facing right now. Story is going exactly as they advertised.
May 6, 2013 7:36 AM

Dec 2009
Num1dad_Asura said:
After episode 1 everything started to go downhill for me and this was the worst, I just hope something interesting happens soon......

Totally agree. If this anime was going to be SOL, why have all that crazy stuff at the beginning. I can only think of it as a means of attracting unsuspecting viewers.

Fallenkingzero said:
I see some people are complaining, I'm not sure what you were expecting this is not supposed to be all action.

I'm not sure what you and others were expecting, but I was expecting some action from an anime that is labeled as such. And here we have a beach episode which somewhat expands on the setting but does nothing to advance the plot, on a 12-episode budget. It's like sprinkling jimmies on a half-baked cake.
tealcactusMay 6, 2013 7:42 AM
May 6, 2013 7:37 AM

Apr 2008
Kitchiri said:
Darklight0303 said:
Then they should have skipped the first part of the episode showing the colony and the Hideaz. Just dropped Ledo in the ocean and have him found. Simple. But no they went through the effort of animating that epic space battle, establishing the power of the Hideaz and the ruthlessness and powerlessness of the Alliance. Only to then completely ignore it?
They didn't ignore. Watch the last part of episode 4. Alliance is still major aspect of the series, revealing Ledo's past and how their desperate situation affected Ledo as an individual.

Even if you think that part of story is 'ignored', there is a word called 'MacGuffin' which is totally acceptable plot device in any media.

It's also frowned upon most of the time. Fine the Alliance wasn't completely forgotten but the Hideaz have been. Those creatures won't stop expanding or just fizzle out of existence just cause poor Ledo found a safe haven. Eventually they would find Earth.

Comes from being a reader of Umineko No Naku Koro ni. You take in every detail so you can figure out what the hell is going on. No matter how small.
May 6, 2013 7:41 AM

Nov 2009
What a relaxing episode!!!

Ledo learning how to swim was such as scene and the girls in their swimsuits were so cool and so much fan service. I felt sorry for Ledo at the end trying to avoid all those Okama like people which reminds me of Sanji from One Piece. The barbecue party was kindly done for Ledo's hard work and everyone supports through each other through their own way and even Ledo realizes that he must do something for himself. You gotta love Chamber's position being used for barbecue and his quote at the end made made me laugh so much!!

Looking forward to how this story progresses in the next episode!!

5/5

May 6, 2013 7:43 AM
Jan 2013
morrownight said:
I'm not sure what you and others were expecting, but I was expecting some action from an anime that is labeled as such. And here we have a beach episode which somewhat expands on the setting but does nothing to advance the plot, on a 13-episode budget. It's like sprinkling jimmies on a half-baked cake.
You say you 'expected' some action - as if Urobuchi did some troll again just like Madoka Magica. Urobuchi clearly said it will be for the inexperienced people in 10~20 who are just facing to mix with society, giving them message and cheering.

This series is about Gargantia, never was action, fighting or mecha from the start.
May 6, 2013 7:45 AM

Apr 2008
Kitchiri said:
morrownight said:
I'm not sure what you and others were expecting, but I was expecting some action from an anime that is labeled as such. And here we have a beach episode which somewhat expands on the setting but does nothing to advance the plot, on a 13-episode budget. It's like sprinkling jimmies on a half-baked cake.
You say you 'expected' some action - as if Urobuchi did some troll again just like Madoka Magica. Urobuchi clearly said it will be for the inexperienced people in 10~20 who are just facing to mix with society, giving them message and cheering.

This series is about Gargantia, never was action, fighting or mecha from the start.

I so pray that 4chan spoiler is true and that you eat your words. That's my only hope for this series.
May 6, 2013 7:48 AM
Jan 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Comes from being a reader of Umineko No Naku Koro ni. You take in every detail so you can figure out what the hell is going on. No matter how small.
This is not Umineko - which is whodunit genre anime. This is Suisei no Gargantia. It doesn't matter whether Urobuchi will use that tiny Hideazu for the future plot development or not. Because major plot is about interaction of Gargantia and Ledo, not Hideazu and Alliance.

Darklight0303 said:
I so pray that 4chan spoiler is true and that you eat your words. That's my only hope for this series.
Urobuchi said "Ending of Suisei no Gargantia will be whitish grey."

I already have all information on my hand, so no worries.
May 6, 2013 7:52 AM

Apr 2008
Kitchiri said:
Darklight0303 said:
This is not Umineko - which is whodunit genre anime. This is Suisei no Gargantia. It doesn't matter whether Urobuchi will use that tiny Hideazu for the future plot development or not. Because major plot is about interaction of Gargantia and Ledo, not Hideazu and Alliance.

Darklight0303 said:
Urobuchi said "Ending of Suisei no Gargantia will be whitish grey."

I already have all information on my hand, so no worries.

Urobuchi is also known to be a pathological LIAR.
May 6, 2013 7:56 AM

Dec 2009
Kitchiri said:

Am I wrong, or did Ledo just blast that thing off with his laser, like he did when he was trying to save one of his comrades? What I don't get is why he was trying to escape from the wormhole. Was it because the timing was wrong and he knew it would take him somewhere else?
May 6, 2013 7:58 AM
Jan 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Which means you don't have any accurate information on you hand. Hurr durr. Read all his interview about Suisei no Gargantia then you know he never lied about this series.

Accurate Information:
Scenario of Gargantia was finished 1 year ago;
Urobuchi: "This time, it will be white Urobuchi - but I can say ending will be sort of 'purely whitish GREY'"
Marketing staff: "You guys think it's Urobuchi so everyone will die. Unfortunately, your expectation will be betrayed"
--> My interpretation = Ending will still be Urobuchi style - but not extreme as Madoka or Saya the fucker.

Plus, read any of his recent noble such as Eisen Flugel or even Phantom - his first thing ever wrote. Urobuchi isn't always twisted as you think.

What I don't get is why he was trying to escape from the wormhole. Was it because the timing was wrong and he knew it would take him somewhere else?
No need to think to complicate. Theay just knew bad thing can happen if they don't go back early, and it happened.
KitchiriMay 6, 2013 8:04 AM
May 6, 2013 8:04 AM

Dec 2009
Kitchiri said:
Darklight0303 said:
Which means you don't have any accurate information on you hand. Hurr durr. Read all his interview about Suisei no Gargantia then you know he never lied about this series.

Accurate Information:
Urobuchi: "This time, it will be white Urobuchi - but I can say ending will be sort of 'purely white' grey"
Marketing staff: "You guys think it's Urobuchi so everyone will die. Unfortunately, your expectation will be betrayed"
--> My interpretation = Ending will still be Urobuchi style.

It doesn't matter what he said, not every viewer of Suisei has read or will read Urobuchi's interview. The false advertising comes from the genre labeling which was established after the first episode. If you take a look at MAL's Suisei page, under Genre you will see "Action, Mecha, Sci-fi". If this series continues the way it is going, I don't see how it would still live up to those labels.
May 6, 2013 8:05 AM

Apr 2008
morrownight said:
Kitchiri said:
Darklight0303 said:

Accurate Information:
Urobuchi: "This time, it will be white Urobuchi - but I can say ending will be sort of 'purely white' grey"
--> My interpretation = Ending will still be Urobuchi style.

It doesn't matter what he said, not every viewer of Suisei has read or will read Urobuchi's interview. The false advertising comes from the genre labeling which was established after the first episode. If you take a look at MAL's Suisei page, under Genre you will see "Action, Mecha, Sci-fi". If this series continues the way it is going, I don't see how it would still live up to those labels.

It won't. But no matter. The show has tits and ass so it will do well anyway.
May 6, 2013 8:06 AM
Jan 2013
morrownight said:
MAL staff judged the series to be action, not the marketing staff of Gargantia. It's your fault not getting accurate information - don't blame it on anime.

Darklight0303 said:
??? show has tits and ass so it will do well anyway. Generalisation makes the world.
May 6, 2013 8:08 AM

Jan 2012
morrownight said:

This is why you shouldn't jump to conclusions on shows, and definitely not take MALs genre categories seriously either, or anywhere on the internet for that matter. There will probably be more action too, that just isn't the central basis of this show.
May 6, 2013 8:10 AM

Apr 2008
Kitchiri said:
morrownight said:
MAL staff judged the series to be action, not the marketing staff of Gargantia. It's your fault not getting accurate information - don't blame it on anime.

Darklight0303 said:
??? show has tits and ass so it will do well anyway. Generalisation makes the world.

Well there's certainly no solid plot so far. Maybe that will change next episode. maybe it won't.
May 6, 2013 8:13 AM
Jan 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Well there's certainly no solid plot so far. Maybe that will change next episode. maybe it won't.
Generalisation + Assumption + Fallacy.

There has been story telling with distinct message that this series has been throwing out so many times.

To add one, I don't even think this is top rate series; rather think it is a carbon copy Votoms with BG of Water World with modern interpretation. However, your reasoning on flaming this series is just wrong.
May 6, 2013 8:18 AM

Dec 2009
Kitchiri said:
morrownight said:

Darklight0303 said:

I don't see much point in arguing this any further, what I see is that you're content with the way they're handling the series, or rather, throwing away the series's potential (and I say potential because, if you're going to create a setting like that, you better take responsibility for it), and others like me aren't thrilled because, well, this could have been so much more.

I think Urobuchi, or whoever is piloting Suisei's production, had this great idea, then suddenly had to switch lanes to conform to his newly proclaimed change of themes. Or maybe someone made him do it. Either way, it seems forced. If not, it's just plain bad writing.
May 6, 2013 8:21 AM
May 2012
I really laugh my ass off when Ledo is trying to escape from being raped by the drag queens (More like Transexual prostitutes?!)!
May 6, 2013 8:21 AM
Jan 2013
morrownight said:
I don't see much point in arguing this any further, what I see is that you're content with the way they're handling the series, or rather, throwing away the series's potential (and I say potential because, if you're going to create a setting like that, you better take responsibility for it), and others like me aren't thrilled because, well, this could have been so much more.
I see no 'potential'. I see series just as it is. There is no 'could have been much more'. I knew this series will be classic SF - probably some Urobuchi twist during or at the end of series. Simply that.

Edited: Beside - I don't see any potential of this series getting better by involving w/e Hideazu and Alliance battle mode constantly/frequently getting into the story. That will make this series worse.

I think Urobuchi, or whoever is piloting Suisei's production, had this great idea, then suddenly had to switch lanes to conform to his newly proclaimed change of themes. Or maybe someone made him do it. Either way, it seems forced. If not, it's just plain bad writing.
Scenario was 'complete' one year ago. I don't say bad writing or script, but I actually say it is bad 'direction' by Murata that makes story look less appealing. One thing I can say is direction by Murata is mediocre at best.
KitchiriMay 6, 2013 8:28 AM
May 6, 2013 8:22 AM

Apr 2008
morrownight said:
Kitchiri said:
morrownight said:

Darklight0303 said:

Pretty much this
May 6, 2013 9:10 AM

Jul 2009
whew, so much sexy this week
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
May 6, 2013 9:15 AM

Jan 2010
Many may say that this episode has not anything to show, that even seemed like a filler episode or beach cliché, but I see other perspectives, it was important pro development of the main character, which evolves increasingly. As the name of the episode, calm day, the context was shown in a peaceful manner, when the days Gargantia are also availed with complete calm, an enhancement Ledo totally different from what was used to seeing in space, maybe the guy has never lived one of those days in every year, which moved me a little to know that there are people who also live 'prey' as Ledo and hardly ever have the opportunity to have a day of calm. These differences are the main focus of the anime, a society forgotten, but for simpler and 'miserable' that is, still manages to find happiness. I am liking the relationship between the characters, especially Amy with Ledo, who knows may even roll a novel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
May 6, 2013 9:44 AM

Sep 2010
This episode felt a little dumb and cliche...... Anyway good fan service, I guess.... Amy was cute in this episode....

3/5
May 6, 2013 9:53 AM

Oct 2011
I'm disappointed with this episode. I don't like fanservice when it's presented in a blatant, gratuitous manner, and this episode did just that. Not really sure where this show's heading. Hopefully, it won't continue to be a senseless slice of life [I normally like SoL, but this series really can do much better than this].

May 6, 2013 10:05 AM

May 2012
This episode was sooooooo good~

Loved seeing more about how life on the ship works!

Probably something bad will be up next though. The whole 'calm before the storm' thing and all
May 6, 2013 10:41 AM

Dec 2012
Anybody expecting a series with the art director being a man that draws hentai for a living to not have a fan service episode is kidding themselves.
May 6, 2013 11:03 AM
Oct 2012
Dashiawia said:
I'm disappointed with this episode. I don't like fanservice when it's presented in a blatant, gratuitous manner, and this episode did just that. Not really sure where this show's heading. Hopefully, it won't continue to be a senseless slice of life [I normally like SoL, but this series really can do much better than this].

So, in a world where they are under the threat of pirate attack, and are living a precarious existence always seeking a new source of electricity AND food without which they will die, they have time (and resources) to make bikinis AND have a BBQ party.

Really?

Sort of reminds me of the miserable 4th (I believe) episode Muv-Luv, where in a world being run over by aliens, they are just forming their last chance survival team, and the first thing they do is to go to the beach for the obligatory fan service. Granted in this show the situation is less dire, but still. Not that I mind fan-service mind you, but when it goes so against the world setting it really just makes me shake my head in disgust. Makes me take the world a lot less seriously, as well as the show.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.