Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 11, 2010 8:36 PM

Jun 2009
This episode was great for me! I will miss this anime so much! The lovecom thing also!
And Nobu chan!
Nov 17, 2010 2:21 AM

Jul 2010
Fun show. I'm glad I picked it up. I was happy they had all the characters make in appearance in this episode. It seems like a lot of people didn't care for Maitake and Haruka, but I loved both of them. :)

Great comedy. Pretty good romance. I found it rather cute that almost every kiss between those two was while they were sitting. Now I know what to do if I ever have a boyfriend Otani's height.. because I just so happen to be 5'8" XD

These last few episodes seemed to have a lot of development (or maybe just more screen time for others) that felt like it should have been in earlier episodes. It was almost like they did things backwards with the way they had it all at the end of the show rather than the beginning. Nobu was the only other character besides Risa and Otani that seemed to get a lot of screen time, while her boyfriend Nakao was simply there half the time. Then poor Suzuki and Chiharu were non-existant for a good chunk of the show. I just would have liked to've seen their relationships a bit more than each of our main characters having THREE other people to get jealous of.
Dec 30, 2010 5:04 AM

Oct 2009
Is it just me or did Otani never tell Risa that he loved her?

Oh well, great series.
Jan 17, 2011 6:53 PM

Jun 2009
What a great series! I only wish NobuxNakao were the main characters, I've never hated a character more than I hate Risa, how much more obnoxious could they make her?
ZangoJan 17, 2011 7:05 PM
Mar 21, 2011 10:06 AM

Jun 2009
Whoa! What can I say! XD I totally love the whole series... (etoh.. gonna comment as a whole series though.. sorry..)

Anyway, a very hilarious anime to boot! Love Otani and Riza's reactions! The best! Especially their kansai way of speaking.. Otani's voice actor is really good.. don't know why he only got a few roles in anime.. Riza voicing as Nami's seiyuu was great! XD I can't help but laugh at every episode.. really laugh out loud at their antics! Gosh! Love those chars! I enjoyed it immensely so much that I still playback some of the scenes in my mind.. that's why I gave it a 10/10! I'm very easy to please! hahaha!
Apr 5, 2011 11:22 PM

Feb 2011
great ending ^^
Jun 20, 2011 12:03 PM
Nov 2009
I'm gonna miss this series Q_Q 10/10
Jul 15, 2011 7:12 PM

Feb 2011
I laugh so loud with this show...

fucking awesome 8/10
Aug 2, 2011 3:52 PM

Jul 2011
It was a pretty sweet ending. I loved it, mostly because of the comedy aspects. They also did well on not putting the supporting characters aside. The plot development was great, for it actually makes you want to continue to watch the next episode and more. (8/10)
Aug 4, 2011 3:12 PM

Feb 2011
I really enjoyed this serie <3
Why isn't there any more of it!? T__T
9/10
Aug 15, 2011 9:36 PM

Apr 2011
"I'm her mother, I'm her father" LOL!

Oh well, I suppose this is it.. that was some fun good ending ^^
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Aug 29, 2011 11:54 PM

Jun 2011
Boanstely said:

I like this anime very much! I will re-watch it for sure. ^^

Still one of my top five anime until now.

Re-watched this series for (I think) 3 times already or more?
One thing is for sure though... RisaXOtani... I'm forever gonna be your fan!
"Them who looks blind at ANIME, looks blind at SALVATION."
Sep 20, 2011 8:55 AM

Dec 2007
Even though I don't really like shoujo animes, I really liked this one. I laughed so much :D
Great show, gread plot and great ending. It needs continuation. A second season showing the life of the main charachters few years after the graduation would be really nice ^^

8/10 ^^
Sep 22, 2011 8:12 PM
Apr 2011
This chapter is amazing. It blew my mind away, and I think it deserves a 69/10.
The people who hate this anime are awesome!
Sep 23, 2011 7:39 AM

Jan 2011
Really great ending!! The show was super awesome and it deservees a 10!!
The last kiss was suuuuuper cute, with the "forehead poke". Kyaaaaaa~! I love this animeee!!

Nov 8, 2011 2:38 PM
Jun 2008
Nice episode. I wish they gave Risa's family more air time, would be more funny.

The show over all is pretty good, I personally enjoyed it. 8.5[9]/10
Nov 18, 2011 12:33 PM
Nov 2010
:D Don't you think this anime is just great?
:D A quite messy story line, misunderstandings and it all turns out great..
:D I love how the whole story goes ... &lt;3
Are they any anime's like this :3 I really need another 24 episode of happiness ^w^
Nov 29, 2011 3:18 AM

Sep 2011
this show is hilarious and cute ,it has unique characters and great story
definitely gonna rewatch it sometime ,,
Dec 16, 2011 1:16 PM

Sep 2009
So if I wanted to read the manga after this, should I go ahead and read 12 - end?

Dec 28, 2011 3:01 PM
Dec 2010
Haha I'm really glad i broke my habit of not watching shoujo this time... This was so funny that I'm still laughing while typing this comment.
Other good points - this was totally watchable even for dude, i can tell.
Both main characters got somewhat enough time and space on screen to express themselves and i was able to understand both them without feeling that story would be centered only around one of them.
Romance was really romance, their relationship evolved and suffered and survived and recovered.
Risa's facial expressions, hell that was one the fumiest thing i have seen in anime so far.
I liked songs as well, though i had to get used to opening at the beginning.

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jan 7, 2012 10:07 PM
Jan 2012
To be honest I though it had a great ending, tho it did feel rushed, i just wish it would continue the story of the 2 main characters
Jan 27, 2012 6:48 PM

Aug 2010
Not the best end but it had a very nice feel to it :)

I liked this Romcom because it kinda differs from most of the others I've seen, great character development and I liked how Risa kept fighting for Otani even if there was no hope at all with.

Overall 8.4/10 :D
Feb 6, 2012 4:59 AM

Jan 2012
I love this anime..it was very funny..full of emotions..I hope I'll see more anime, which will be like this one. Thank you for this anime!
Feb 8, 2012 1:47 AM

Sep 2011
Didn't like the concept of this Anime at all but I am glad I gave it a chance. Awesome Anime, had plenty of good laughs! :) 8/10
Feb 24, 2012 1:22 PM
Mar 2010
Just finished rewatching it. Again. There is seriously -- imo -- no anime like this one. As anti-climatic as the ending is, I think it does a respectable job. I'm going to be bold here, and say that Risa and Otani have to be the best anime couple to ever be portrayed. Or at least that I've seen. I can watch this anime time and time again an seriously never get tired of it. In fact, it wont be long until I watch it once again. The. Fucking. Best.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Feb 25, 2012 3:04 PM
Feb 2012
I loved this series. I am so glad that my friend reomended ths to me

I love the part where everyone is lying to Kohori and then when the "old lady" says she was that age once he was all like
" I'm not being lied to again"
I really liked the begining and the ending the middle was okay to.
I think I would definatly watch this again!!
Mar 5, 2012 10:22 AM

Sep 2011
A rather nice final episode to a pretty good series. The stupidity of Otani annoyed me once in a while but aside from that both protagonists were portrayed likeable.

The main idea of Lovely Complex was...okay and after 24 episodes there aren't many negative aspects I could think of the anime did.

7/10
Mar 30, 2012 8:06 PM

Nov 2011
10/10 for me. Masterpiece and I'm considering the manga.
Jul 2, 2012 12:53 PM
Sep 2011
CRYING WHY IS IT OVER ;__;
Jul 11, 2012 11:28 AM

May 2012
Ending was nice but tbh I didn't liked it to much for some reason I couldn't really feel the true love that I could for example with Toradora!

Still great Anime 7/10
Jul 11, 2012 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
I thought it was a great watch.
However it really did take me awhile to get used to the pacing. Normally most of the events that would only take one episode in Lovely Complex would go over maybe 3-4 in a lot of other romance animes. A lot more light-hearted and a lot of the problems didn't feel as heavy as normal shows would normally make them but that's probably what makes Lovely Complex really good as well. Wasn't a bad thing but it really did throw me off for a bit. In the end though I really did enjoy it. Can't decide my score so I'll go half and half and give it a 8.5/10.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 24, 2012 9:07 PM

Apr 2012
"I won't be lied to anymore."

That was definitely the best line of an enjoyable final episode. My one complaint might be that the pacing for this episode seemed a bit fast; however, that is to be expected since they had to cover Otani taking the exam, the results, the graduation ceremony, etc. Still, this finale did what it needed to do in ending the show on a high note.

As for the show overall, this was one of the better romantic comedies that I have seen. The main pair were great (even if I did occasionally want to smack them and have them hurry up and work things out); and the side cast were fun too even if, outside of potentially Nobu-chan, they were not really given a lot to do. This turned out to be an enjoyable, consistently funny watch.

(As a side note, it's unfortunate that Otani's seiyuu has not done any more roles beyond this - I thought he did an excellent job here.)
Sep 2, 2012 12:33 PM
Sep 2012
bonjour! Moi aussi j'adore Lovely Complex, ce manga est vraiment génial! D'ailleurs, je mets les scans des tomes introuvables sur le net dans mon blog
http://fanb1a4.skyrock.com/ Venez visiter svp!
Sep 27, 2012 9:59 PM

Jan 2011
The animators did a great job of making these 24 episodes seem longer than they were. Im sad to see this show end though but anything past this would have been beating a dead horse. Its nice to see they ended the show where it started with comedy. 9/10

"I wont be lied to anymore"-kohari lol
Apr 7, 2013 7:53 AM
Aug 2012
im sad to see the show end but it really was so much fun and so emotionally juicy otani was a prat mostly risa on the other hand was amazing 3years of chasing someone she really is a saint the rows between the two are so funny there on a different plain of existence. at the start of the series the voice acting i found rather annoying but towards the end they grew on me and because the characters where so different to the norm i know i will not forget them .
May 30, 2013 7:33 PM

Feb 2011
Hah! The whole scene where they were panting after completing their bike ride to the test killed me:

Risa: Exactly... 5 minutes before."
Otani: "I... I've lost all my memories of my youth."

I couldn't stop laughing.

Anyway, really nice ending, and overall, a really fun series. I agree with some of the others that the middle wasn't as good as the beginning and end. I think this could have been solved if the pacing was tweaked a bit. Certain eps near the end could have stood be stretched out a little more, while the middle ones were sometimes laid on a bit too thick. But overall, LovCom kept me laughing straight through, and I loved Otani and Risa, even if they did sometimes deserve to get some sense smacked into them. 8/10
Jul 1, 2013 4:37 PM

Apr 2010
Beautiful end <3
Aug 2, 2013 7:36 PM

May 2011
I'm so glad I gave this a rewatch. This Anime made laugh so much and the Kansai dialect was just lovely. The voice actors did an amazing job, specially Okamura Akemi. Without a doubt the best rom-com I've ever seen, will definitely keep watching this.

9/10
Aug 18, 2013 9:19 PM

May 2012
Great series could have been shortened to 14 episodes easily.

8/10
Aug 26, 2013 2:01 AM

Jan 2011
Great series. Since it appears they left a lot of the manga out (and some folks said it was still ongoing as of the anime release dates) I may have to give it a read. I'll add it to my steadily increasing "plan to..." list.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 21, 2013 10:10 AM

May 2012
Great wrap up! And its been my second time watching this but I still never get bored. That kiss was cute and meeting Risa's parents are hilarious. Haha, and that bike scene! Just love how they both support each other.

Overall, it is a great love com series :) Will probably watch it after a year again. The voice actors of Risa and Otani are perfect too, btw.
Oct 27, 2013 6:26 PM

Oct 2013
Man, I love happy endings.
"Listen up… You can pour drinks on me, you can throw food at me… You can even spit on me. I’ll just laugh that stuff off. But… Good reason or not… Nobody hurts a friend of mine!!!"-Shanks
♠♦♣♥~My Anime List!~♥♣♦♠
Nov 4, 2013 2:13 AM

Aug 2011
this has got to be my fifth time rewatching this show, it's like one of those awesome movies that you never get sick of no matter how many times you watch it, I hope that maybe sometime in the future they'll animate "Lovely Complex Plus" maybe as a short special since there was only four chapters, chapter 4 would cap off the perfect ending for this series anime wise since it goes a little bit past the graduation. Sort of like a nice epilogue.
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

Nov 6, 2013 5:53 AM

Dec 2012
"I was that age once too."
"I won't be lied to anymore..."

LOL that was gold. Overall a fun and silly series. I had mixed feelings, because the use of comedy in serious situations kept it lighthearted at some moments but then felt awkward in others. Also felt it got dragged out a bit and ran out of material a few episodes ago, but still was fun nevertheless. The graduation speech at the end was especially fun, albeit short.

7/10, a fun watch.
Dec 19, 2013 3:57 PM
Sep 2013
The begining of the show was pretty damn great and managed to capture the steps within such relationships in a very realist light while being really funny.

At the half point though it slowed down a lot and the same jokes became a bit stale. Still was alright.

Really didn't cared bout the other couples problems too at the end and the added drama between Risa and Otani didn't do much for me. But the ending episode was good enough.

Overall a pretty good show 7/10 for me.
Feb 12, 2014 6:30 PM

Jul 2010
Faust721 said:

Overall, it was a good show. It started out great and ended strong, but the middle was really meh for me. (7/10)

Sums up my thoughts.
Mar 22, 2014 7:54 PM

Aug 2013
It was a strong end. The end card was really cute :)

Of course, the two of them had to be late for the ceremony :P

I was really scared when Ootani wasn't responding :O
But fortunately, everything went well.

The scene on the bike was hilarious. That damn policeman again xD

Well, it was a good serie in overall. It took a strong turn at the episode 6 and then turned a bit in round, but it had a really unique dynamic between the two main. They had that chimestry we don't see often.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 23, 2014 10:28 AM
Sep 2013
Overall, this was a good series. The animation wasn't that great, but the premise was pretty well-executed.
Apr 25, 2014 1:59 AM

Jan 2008
I found it really hard to discuss after each episode so I ended up not doing so

but I will for the last episode it was a really well done episode I love how they had went to the getting closer with each episode I did feel bad for Koizumi for each time he rejected her to the point that it reminded me of Kimi ni Todoke however it was a misunderstanding for that but other then that I do love this anime I dontk now if I am going to put it on my top 5 just yet but I think I might with every episode I wanted to continue watching I will say that the first few episodes did kind of bore me alittle bit but very soon after that it was easier and easier to watch and harder and harder to stop watching hell I went from 1 to 19 in like 4 or so hours Kimi ni Todoke was the same way for me but from episode 1 I was hooked.

I am really glad I did watch this anime it is very well played out.
Apr 30, 2014 5:00 PM

May 2013
I loved this series. It made me laugh, tear up, and most of all care about the characters. However, I felt the last few episodes were a bit underwhelming compared to the rest of the series. I dunno, maybe my exceptions are too high. I mean, I liked the ending but there was just something 'grand' missing. I kinda would have liked a look at how they worked out during/after university and stuff.

Overall a brilliant series. Great example of a comedy romance. Really gonna miss it. 9/10 :D
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

icerydragon - Jun 3, 2007

61 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Enn - Jun 1, 2007

98 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - May 24, 2007

82 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 16, 2007

63 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - May 9, 2007

99 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.