Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2008 6:06 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome episode. Especially loved the ending. The BGM during the group gathering was nicely matched imo. Quite some development in this episode. Its a little late for Torako's sister's development, but im pretty satisfied. The episode made Kitsune look less antagonistic than what the series initially made him out to be in this episode.

A little late for what seemed to be some plot. And seemed a little over dramatic at some points. But it had to be one of the best episodes of the series. May post screenies later.
\
Dec 25, 2008 8:21 PM

Nov 2008
This was a sad sad episode about Torako even if they had some humor

On to the review! The beginning was very astonishing as they never shown Torako as a child. So cute she was. Judging at the first the situation, Torako seems to either be adopted into a family or have some transfer due to a loss in her own family and thus no support. Seeing Torako alone on the cell phone I figured something happened. Suzume was funny with the "cell battery out oh no!" thing . Ok so basically Ushio found Torako at the bus shelter (perhaps a place for Torako to hide herself when things get rough in her own family) and took her to play video games all night, which I found it funny they have black eyes due to lack of sleep. Ayumi's face was priceless in response to this.So were Nene's bloody eyes!

Suddenly we find out the mystery girl to be Oniyuri Kageyama and none other than Torako's sister! Well that was a surprise. Apparently Oniyuri Kageyama is also head of the student council and thus very respected on grounds of the school as well as looking mostly serious in attitude. BTW I like that message on Ushio shirt "Another Morning". Lizuka/Ayumi/Ushio faces when they learned Oniyuri Kageyama is Torako sister was once again humorist. Obviously Oniyuri was worried about Torako sine she did not come home all night and thus overprotective of Torako.

It was pretty funny to see Ayumi and Lizuka imagine how miserable she is to have Kitsune and Oniyuri as her family members. How she suffers and looks pitiful was quite the comedy segment. Torako expression was once again funny when she meets her brother but in general Torako is afraid of both of them. Chie accusing suddenly Kitsune of skirt peeker was a laugh on its own. Then things take a huge turn in the fight Torako has with Oniyuri.

Based on my understanding, Torako insulted the very same father who took her into the family she now has. Apparently Oniyuri has high respect for him since he is her real father and also because he has done a lot for Torako. So my jaw dropped when Oniyuri slapped Torako, I was in disbelief and sad it turns out suddenly like this. Torako's eyes,I have never seen them before like this. So she runs away in tears, Torako! T_T Sad. However I was surprised that Kazamatsuri decided to go after Torako when she distances herself usually from her. BOO to the brother for not doing something since he most likely could but knows too well Oniyuri not to barge in.

Yagi and Hitsugi always lighten up the mood somewhat. So everyone is looking for Torako and at least it's good to know they really support her not just play around with her in school. The most saddest part happens weh Kitsune explains Torako's past and mention her mother with the words "Shin dayo and byoki" which mean the mother is death and the cause was a disease. T_T it hit me before I even knew and the fact that the mother was ok with any of this but Oniyuri was the first to take Torako's hand and even take her into her own room. Lizuka's and Ayumi's expression were quite the serious mature ones. In the meantime Suzume decides to take action against Oniyuri and punches her with a pathetic strength to prove she did like Oniyuri slapping Torako at all! Guess Oniyuri got the point.

Kazamatsuri was very impressive that she could talk to Torako like that and cheer her up despite her distancing from Torako constantly throughout this anime. Guess Kazamatsuri keeps her promises of friendship after all.

When Torako exits the school, the suddent surprise of Oniyuri waiting was like the drums rolling da tum tum. Oniyuri then takes Torako's face with her hand and asks Torako if her slap hurt. Yet another T_T moment this episode hits the emotions we have ( at least to me it did). When Oniyuri and Torako make up it was a good relief things end in happiness for these holidays! Positive things are always good. Suzume runs past them and all the cast appears to cheer up Torako which reminds me that's a lot of friends around school.

What followed after was very very cute! Torako and Kitsune playing together as kids was great! Very cute and yet another proof they were on good terms and that Kitsune never really hated but only teased her as well as played pranks on her. I also guess Oniyuri got scolded for theirs pranks and yet tolerated them as to have Torako some amusement. This episode is the best about Torako!
10/5 goes I like Torako!

1.Torako's cute when she is a kid.:3
2.I don't think I will forget these eyes easily of Torako after her sister's slap.
3.This was a great moment of Torako and Kitsune!

In spoiler
1.Part I hated in this episode and made me O_O
2.Suzume trying to measure up to Oniyuri.

slayer545-samaDec 25, 2008 11:36 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 25, 2008 8:53 PM
Jul 2008
yeah.. it was.. i'm waiting for ddl for the raws. so i'll have to wait be4 i can post..

in the mean time enjoy christmas.. =D
Dec 26, 2008 12:23 PM
Jul 2008
omg.. REALLY NICE EPISODE..

real sad.. lazy to add on.. LOL
slayer with the review as always.. thanks mate..

and i'll say this.. though i'm no lolicon..
loli tora rocks!!! and shota kifune is LOLS..
Dec 26, 2008 7:25 PM

May 2008
i love this episode :3
Dec 26, 2008 11:16 PM
Jul 2008
yeah me too.. probably watching 13 soon.. =D
Dec 29, 2008 7:22 PM
Oct 2007
i baawwwwww'd
Dec 31, 2008 12:42 AM

Feb 2008
this has to be one of the best, if not the best episode in hyakko ^^ love the sibling relationship theme ^^

Jan 5, 2009 6:30 AM

Jan 2009
Nice episode, quite different from the basic Hyakko with sad stuff and all
Jan 5, 2009 11:54 AM

Aug 2008
terrible episode. I hate when generic comedies try to do something especially dramatic towards the end. It always plays off as hollow. Why does Torako not consider her father as her real father? What is the bad way that Oniyuri dotes on Torako? None of it really made any sense. I get what they were trying to do. Show that Torako is trying to build a family of her own, but it was just terribly executed.
Jan 5, 2009 12:27 PM
Mar 2008
Torako and her siblings are the coolest! I'm all with Nene and giving Torako a big hug, or bath together or sleep in the same bed lolz. Suzu's punch was awesome too.
Jan 5, 2009 12:39 PM

Aug 2008
Not your usual Hyakko but pretty good nonetheless. Once again, funny faces by Ayu rock! Oh and Oniyuri looks super cool with that.. cyan? colored hair!
Jan 6, 2009 4:05 AM

Oct 2007
Oh snap serious drama. I guess it showed Kitsune trying to be an older brother the best way he could and how the older sister being concerned. Wow that has to be embarrasing getting slapped in front of all your classmates after throwing a tantrum. Nene and Suzu were awesome as usual.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jan 7, 2009 11:08 AM

Apr 2007
cute dramatic episode, I like it
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jan 11, 2009 6:17 AM

Apr 2008
I dunno. I did like the characters of Torako's brother and sister, but I'm still somewhat confused as to their relationship. So Oniyuri and Kitsune are blood related to Torako by their father, and Torako is the youngest. Does this mean their father had an affair with Torako's mother while still being married to Oniyuri and Kitsune's mother? Something of the timing of their relationship isn't right.
Jan 17, 2009 9:24 AM

Nov 2007
This episode was sad indeed
Small Torako is soo cute.
Oniyuri was mean when she slapped her, but atleast they made up
The whole story of Torako's past was abit sad.
Jan 20, 2009 3:12 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yeah, sad episode indeed. It was alright, I really prefer the funnier ones.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 20, 2009 3:14 PM

Feb 2008
Nice episode. I liked it very much.
Eventually Torako has really nice sibling. :D
Jan 23, 2009 2:18 AM

Dec 2008
That episode was out of place,but for me as Hyakko Fanboy it was good.

Oniyuri is very nice ; D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2009 4:01 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was just terrible. I hate when they take a comedy series and toss in a serious episode like this. Torako appeared so whiny. Why did she run away in the first place? This episode made her more annoying in my opinion. For someone who's always chasing after people and bothering them, she sure does like to run away from serious things in her own life.
Jul 10, 2009 6:27 PM

May 2009
Yay, a serious plot!! And it worked!! Really touched me, Torako's story...

And: Angry Suzu was cute^^
Jul 14, 2009 7:41 AM

Feb 2009
drama + Torako = win
Aug 17, 2009 8:28 PM

Jan 2009
What's with this drama in my Hyakko? Bring back the funny.
Dec 18, 2012 3:01 PM

Nov 2011
Apr 4, 2013 7:09 PM

Jul 2011
so out of my favorite episodes of this series, this seriously tops it. This is one I've remembered since I first watched it, and I still love it.
Torako's sister is such a good onee chan. So mature and caring of Torako. It's a pity she barely appeared and made some character development. I would have loved to see more of her and Torako together.

And suzume getting mad at Oniyuri because she hit Torako. But she was mad but gentle at the same time. That friendship is another thing I love about this series. :D
Oct 14, 2013 10:56 PM

May 2008
Wow, that was a great episode. I wasn't really expecting it. I watch Hyakko for the lulz but oh my oh my.
Feb 2, 2015 1:57 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
dreamingsamurai said:
I dunno. I did like the characters of Torako's brother and sister, but I'm still somewhat confused as to their relationship. So Oniyuri and Kitsune are blood related to Torako by their father, and Torako is the youngest. Does this mean their father had an affair with Torako's mother while still being married to Oniyuri and Kitsune's mother? Something of the timing of their relationship isn't right.
You got it. And what's more, it seems Torako either didn't know her father before, or at best knew him as her mother's 'boyfriend', and was surprised to find that he was her father. Either way, for all practical purposes it appears that in quick succession she lost her mother and was taken in by a family that was immediately shaken up by her very existence.
Sep 13, 2017 9:07 AM

Jul 2015
FeelsBadMan, pretty feels episode compared to the standard, Torako's sister is wonderful even if she doesn't express herself properly.
May 11, 2019 3:54 PM
Mar 2018
What a great episode. Had good drama in it, that didn't feel that forced when there is a lost parent story. And you could actually tell that Torako is different from her step-siblings, by the different eyes!
Nov 19, 2020 8:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This anime is really great because it can be hilarious sometimes and still be really well made for the drama part, I loved to see Torako's backstory with her brother and sister, great episode.
Feb 2, 2021 11:06 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty sad and dramatic episode.

SerafosJan 12, 10:42 PM
Mar 14, 2021 11:45 AM

Aug 2018
Well, family issues.. Last episode next..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyakko Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

52 by HanamiDango »»
Mar 2, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Hyakko Episode 7 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Nov 19, 2008

43 by HanamiDango »»
Mar 2, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Hyakko Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

58 by HanamiDango »»
Feb 25, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Hyakko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 8, 2008

73 by _lxna_ »»
Jan 22, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Hyakko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

RandomOugi - Oct 1, 2008

101 by _lxna_ »»
Jan 22, 7:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.