Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 30, 2013 3:54 PM
Feb 2010
pure coincidence
Apr 30, 2013 4:12 PM
Oct 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
I can't tell if this is the most retarded thing I have read or the most genius

Genius, as long as it accurately reflects what the show has shown, it is most certainly genius. Doesn't mean that it is true, but until some fact in the show kills the theory, it is a valid interpretation.
Apr 30, 2013 4:12 PM

Dec 2011
People who read the manga says this is not happening.
But...
Yui's reaction when she thought she was alone in the entire school... gives even more clues that the theory might be right....
Apr 30, 2013 4:31 PM

Jan 2013
It fits too well. Though, for the sake of my sanity, I'm still going to say it's innocent of this claim.
Syrup-Apr 30, 2013 4:35 PM
Apr 30, 2013 4:45 PM

Dec 2011
I was frightened for a short time.
Fortunetly there are two things that makes the theory fall apart.

1- In episode 3, the text message Aikawa recieves at the end, was from Nonohhara Yuzuko (Red haired one) and she also states that she met her in the library.

2-(i know it's not updated to apisode 4, but still) In episode 4 Aikawa states again that she met Yuzuko in the library.

Ahhhh... that was a scary half hour...
Apr 30, 2013 6:41 PM

Nov 2011
TallonKarrde23 said:
Jean_Claymore said:
okay... Is this some kind of new f**ked up trolling? Though a mere speculation this is just turning my stomach. I feel like I've been trolled hard.

It's retarded 4chan trolling shit, it's the same thing they tried pulling with the daily lives of high school boys and plenty of others. It's a new way of attentionwhoring because you make this kind of stupid shit up and then you get to see your posts reposted again and again and feel like 'somebody' for a season.

Joking around =/ trolling.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Apr 30, 2013 7:19 PM

Jan 2013
Zaraquiel99 said:
I was frightened for a short time.
Fortunetly there are two things that makes the theory fall apart.

1- In episode 3, the text message Aikawa recieves at the end, was from Nonohhara Yuzuko (Red haired one) and she also states that she met her in the library.

2-(i know it's not updated to apisode 4, but still) In episode 4 Aikawa states again that she met Yuzuko in the library.

Ahhhh... that was a scary half hour...

That proof is meaningless. Multiple personalities can come out at any time. The proof that breaks it for me is the fact that the mother said to Yui "we haven't had others over in a long while."

Even if it is flop, this is anime we are talking about. Why are we watching anime if we can't take a 4chan theory the same way? We believe in anime for the ride, so let's just "believe" theories for as far as they will hold water. So much as it is still entertaining.

ie. believe what you want. We're not stopping anyone from believing that their version of the anime is correct.
Apr 30, 2013 7:41 PM
Oct 2012
pseudoenigma said:
We believe in anime for the ride, so let's just "believe" theories for as far as they will hold water.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

If it is only a "conspiracy theory" then those who oppose it should be able to prove it for the garbage it is.

If they can't, then bitching about the theory shows the person doing it to be a pathetic whiner pissed because someone has more imagination than they do.

One of the great fun of watching a good show is that there is a huge funnel of possible outcomes, and the viewer is rewarded by being able to winnow this funnel down by picking up clues from the show. If I wanted something brainless I would stick with American television.

Incidentally this is what separates great from good and bad. A bad show contradicts itself, a good show doesn't. A great show makes you think there is a contradiction until the end where the author surprises you with something that should have been obvious, but because of their talent you missed it.

This isn't only true of mysteries you know.
Apr 30, 2013 8:39 PM
Mar 2012
Updated it to episode 4. Also, I downsized the images of episode 3 to fit the page. Have fun~
Apr 30, 2013 9:51 PM

May 2010
I am more and more starting to be convinced hha.
Apr 30, 2013 9:56 PM

Nov 2012
seems legit..
but still speculation.
will watch it till the end..im liking it so far :)
Apr 30, 2013 11:07 PM
Aug 2010
this theory makes this show more interesting
May 1, 2013 2:03 AM

Sep 2012
I don't even care if this is retarded or not.

This theory makes the show a lot more enjoyable. From now on I will not watch this series with only half of my attention and my brain bein asleep the whole time. This kind of things are too interesting to be ignored.
May 1, 2013 6:05 AM

Aug 2012
my mind...its blown...I should not have read this I will not be able to enjoy it as just a random comedy now...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
May 1, 2013 9:59 AM

May 2012
Ugh....This is about as wild conjecture as one can manage. You're missing the point that Aikawa was interacting with Yuzuko when Yui was clearly stuck in the hospital.

And many other points are being molded to fit all of this crazy speculation. This show is not an original work. It's based off a 4Koma.

Before you even begin to try and make a case, you're going to have to cross-reference with the source material.

But, people here can have fun with this one if they want. Still, the things that people come up with when they're bored...
May 1, 2013 12:43 PM

May 2012
Misuzi said:
vampko said:
Ugh....This is about as wild conjecture as one can manage. You're missing the point that Aikawa was interacting with Yuzuko when Yui was clearly stuck in the hospital.

And many other points are being molded to fit all of this crazy speculation. This show is not an original work. It's based off a 4Koma.

Before you even begin to try and make a case, you're going to have to cross-reference with the source material.

But, people here can have fun with this one if they want. Still, the things that people come up with when they're bored...

>says the guy with a Kill Me Baby avatar

....?
Yasuna was completely ground in all her thinking!...probably
May 1, 2013 4:43 PM

Dec 2012
Damn it!
I liked watching this to relax...
May 2, 2013 4:05 AM

Sep 2011
Hahaha.

Never change, /a/.

Never change.

now i feel funny as I was readin' the original thread for some reason and was wonderin' why everybody was like mind blown, but now I get it.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

May 2, 2013 4:31 AM

Jan 2011
Misuzi you got to chill the fuck out, bro. You seem to be taking this whole theory way to personally.
May 2, 2013 5:11 AM

Dec 2011
I find very convienient that you totally forgot to place the image wen Aikawa ask permision to Yukari and Yuzuko (the suposed dolls) to take a photo WHEN YUI IS ASLEEP!!
What was that? Yui half asleep and looking at Aikawa playing with her dolls? I don't think so.

I'm having fun with this topic.

Fun fact thought, if this is realy a deconstruction (whic the manga readers says, is not) it will start develop in the following two chapters.

On the other hand, i would like to ask if some one has a link to the manga, i've been looking for it for a couple of days now, and it doesn't seems to even exist in the internet....
May 2, 2013 5:40 AM

Sep 2009
people seem to forgot a very obvious thing about this show.

It's a 4-KOMA based, moe, daily life, comedy series that is not supposed to be taking seriously.

it is not a psycho-drama.

also people have interacted with the other two girls and asked where they were.
May 2, 2013 5:42 AM

Sep 2012
And your point is ? Can't we have fun with some wild theories even if we all knew that show is just some random comedy ?
Some guys here are taking this topic way too seriously.
May 2, 2013 11:07 AM

Sep 2010
I feel like this is giving a slice of life anime too much credit.
(hopefully better )
May 2, 2013 12:27 PM

May 2009
Zaraquiel99 said:

On the other hand, i would like to ask if some one has a link to the manga, i've been looking for it for a couple of days now, and it doesn't seems to even exist in the internet....

I would like to help, but I actually own physical copies of the manga, since I also couldn't find any link to download it. If you're fine with a good place to buy them, I sure can help.
May 2, 2013 6:27 PM

Dec 2011
Shizumi said:

I would like to help, but I actually own physical copies of the manga, since I also couldn't find any link to download it. If you're fine with a good place to buy them, I sure can help.

Yeah... i would be fine with it but... i live in Colombia... so...
If by any chance you know a place in Bogotá-Colombia where i can buy them. Sure, that will be a lot of help XD
May 2, 2013 6:40 PM

Jan 2010
The funny thing is that it makes some sense!

I know it's just someone's imagination going wild, but it's still fun to read. And yes, I'll keep coming back to this thread for more theories after every episode.
May 2, 2013 7:33 PM

Oct 2012
You guys...you're so funny. Some of you guys take this was too seriously. It makes the show that much more fun when you have a little imagination :)

May 3, 2013 2:56 PM

May 2009
Zaraquiel99 said:
Yeah... i would be fine with it but... i live in Colombia... so...
If by any chance you know a place in Bogotá-Colombia where i can buy them. Sure, that will be a lot of help XD

@Zaraquiel99
Just sent a PM to you.

@Takei_Hisa
I've read until about half of v4, it's hard to know the chapter cause they're not numbered. The series has 5 volumes, with the 5th one released a week ago. So, as far as I read, there's not a single hint of this theory happening, and the story is like always, comedy, their daily life, some yuri, etc. Sure the author could do this and tell the ending to the anime staff, but I find this very unlikely.

@topic
agree with previous posts, it's very unlikely this show will be different from most shows of the genre. It is a relaxing series, not meant to have a heavy story. Nothing against heavy stories, but I think there are other animes for that. Just search for Urobuchi works.
But sure, everyone is free to use their imagination, that's why we have doujinshi.
May 4, 2013 2:25 PM
May 2013
Wooh this all makes sense now it's all so clear! So the reason Aki-san doesn't want to talk to the main character's friends is because they're puppets and she asks here if she is alone because she is a nurse too!
May 4, 2013 9:42 PM

May 2010
50kAmon said:
Wooh this all makes sense now it's all so clear! So the reason Aki-san doesn't want to talk to the main character's friends is because they're puppets and she asks here if she is alone because she is a nurse too!

Um...actually it is just a theory..It can be true but it can not be...
May 5, 2013 12:55 PM

Oct 2010
Eversio said:
I will never look at Yuyushiki the same way ever again.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

May 7, 2013 2:13 PM
Mar 2012
I'll be pretty busy the next few days, so don't expect the new update until the weekend, unless I somehow am able to cram everything today. Have fun watching the latest episode! (I have also received the manga, so look forward to seeing updates for that!) And remember, the author has never confirmed the puppet theory, this is all pure speculation, thus it is not yet confirmed true.
May 7, 2013 4:34 PM
Nov 2012
Haha, oh man Ep 5 is RIPE for this theory, like it was written to validate it! I can't wait to see it deconstructed.

As for the people taking this oh so seriously and getting offended or finding it a downer--c'mon, this is obviously just a bit of fun. It reminds me of that website I stumbled on years ago that PROVED BEYOND DOUBT that not only was Tom Petty dead, he's been dead since before he released his first album.
May 7, 2013 4:44 PM

Mar 2013
Episode 5 offers a lot of material for this theory but also a lot against it. I wont play the asshole who rips it apart :D
May 7, 2013 8:38 PM

Dec 2012

Yup. Two dead/imaginary girls.
TulicloureMay 7, 2013 10:01 PM
May 7, 2013 10:57 PM
Aug 2010
episode 5 is foreshadowing. it really is. how come such a light hearted anime talking about dying, never heard of it before
May 8, 2013 3:32 AM

Dec 2011
Tulicloure said:
Damn it!
I liked watching this to relax...

Yeah, i know the feeling. I use this anime to cool down before watching Aku no Hana.
May 8, 2013 9:05 AM
Jul 2012
In Ep 5 also note a reference to "Usual suspects" - a movie with a plot twist at the very end.
So what?
May 8, 2013 11:42 AM

Dec 2011
Al the "death call" is a little creepy, and gives more chance to the theory to be true....
Nevertheless, the reactin of he class mate "they are lin the oher team" sugest that yukari and yuzuku are real....
Well see what hepens next
May 8, 2013 1:34 PM
Oct 2011
Weirder fan theories have floated around. Anyone familiar with the Tommy Westphall fan theory? The Tommy Westphall universe hypothesis is an idea discussed among some television fans, makes the claim that not only does St. Elsewhere take place within Tommy's mind, but so do numerous other television series which are directly and indirectly connected to St. Elsewhere through fictional crossovers and spin-offs, resulting in a large fictional universe taking place entirely within Tommy's mind. In 2002 writer Dwayne McDuffie wrote Six Degrees of St. Elsewhere for the Slush Factory website, the earliest version of the hypothesis to be found online. In a 2003 article published on BBC News Online, St. Elsewhere writer Tom Fontana was quoted as saying, "Someone did the math once... and something like 90 percent of all [American] television took place in Tommy Westphall's mind. God love him." Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Westphall#The_Tommy_Westphall_Universe_Hypothesis

Chill and let people have their fun. It's interesting even if it might be totally wrong.
May 8, 2013 6:27 PM

Apr 2012
:P
although i believe this is totally fake, if it was like the likability of it for me would go up some so i'm watching it with this plot in mind from now on...
May 9, 2013 2:33 AM

Sep 2012
I'm still not buying the puppet theory but... it appears that there is at least an interesting dark undertone to the series that sets it apart from other simple slice of lifes. Will see if we get a Usual Suspects ending or if that was just a reference like those we've had to Saint Seya Omega etc.
May 11, 2013 5:33 AM

Mar 2012
Man, how I regreted checking this topic out T_T. I would be so emotional if any of this is true.
May 11, 2013 5:37 AM

Sep 2012
The OP uses "generic" in his post. Does he mean it as something negative?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 11, 2013 8:31 AM

Sep 2012
I guess he just pointed out the lack of originality.
May 11, 2013 8:46 AM

Sep 2012
Arlia said:
Though I find the combination of one tsukkomi with one smart boke and one natural (tennen) boke to be quite original.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 11, 2013 5:18 PM

May 2009
symbv said:
Arlia said:
Though I find the combination of one tsukkomi with one smart boke and one natural (tennen) boke to be quite original.

Indeed! I find Yuyushiki a very unique slice-of-life for this reason. This and the focus on the tsukkomi character. Most SoL (at least the ones I watched) make the innocent girl (like Hidamari Sketch's Yuno, Azumanga Daioh's Chiyo), the weird girl (like K-ON's Yui, Chuunibyou's Rikka) or the playful girl (YuruYuri's Kyouko) as the main, or focused character. While in these series the tsukkomi only role is to be part of the main cast and make tsukkomi for the boke character, here the focus is all on Yui, a tsukkomi character with not only one, but two kinds of boke girls who loves to tease her. And to add more, even the supporting cast focus on her

If there's another slice-of-life like this, please tell me, I would love to watch it.
May 11, 2013 5:44 PM
Mar 2012
When I said "generic moe," I didn't mean it in a condescending way. What I meant was that the anime is in the traditional comedy slice-of-life school setting, the plot and characters has nothing to do with it. If you want, I can change it for a more appropriate term.

Also, I'll be done with the update either tonight or tomorrow, I've been somewhat busy lately.
May 11, 2013 8:40 PM
Mar 2013
I agree with both of you, it's (supposed to be) just generic slice of life at first glance, but it's not at the same time! Fans also have noticed the difference as seen in this amazon jp's review page http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00BTWFOP4
ukainaotoMay 11, 2013 8:54 PM
Engrish speaker
May 13, 2013 10:41 PM

Mar 2012
Holy moly. This is really cool.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2013

112 by katakumplat »»
Feb 16, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2013

44 by katakumplat »»
Feb 11, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2013

49 by katakumplat »»
Feb 7, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2013

69 by katakumplat »»
Feb 5, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 28, 2013

49 by katakumplat »»
Jan 28, 2:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.