Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2013 8:02 PM

Jan 2012
Sweet mother of pearl
Apr 20, 2013 8:02 PM

Jan 2011
Despite being more of a light-hearted training episode than the first 2 emotional and dramatic episodes, I still fucking loved it. Actually, I really love it. Eren is able to talk about the Colossal and Armored titan so easily but when he talks about regular titans he's reminded about the horrific way that his mother died. Why is Mikasa so beautiful?

It was funny how Mikasa kept talking when Eren had left and Sasha was sitting beside her instead. xD Speaking of Sasha, it seems like she's now known as the potato girl haha! She's a energetic goofy character but seems pretty cool already.

The second half of the episode was very touching. Reiner Braun is one awesome dude. He knows what Eren has been through and even believes in Eren's determination. The entire time Eren was working with a rusty belt and was actually able to balance properly for a few seconds. I got so hyped when Eren passed and everyone was surprised. The OST is such a standout as well! My god Hiroyuki Sawano, you're amazing. The insert song towards the end of the episode was perfect.
5/5
Apr 20, 2013 8:03 PM

Nov 2011
Well, Eren was less annoying than in the previous episodes(especially his voice is rather annoying).

GodlyKyon said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
GodlyKyon said:
DStev said:
Preferred the last couple episodes to this one but there really isn't a lot to complain about (besides the subs)...

Yeah, why was "Kyojin" translated as Eotin... Or whatever the fuck it was?

Why did you watch commie sub? Change it to GG.
Anyway, good episode, beside they mixed up a few things(including the part when Mikasa has to grab Eren on her hand). And the comedy .. I loled at potato girl, its good to have some episode that relieve the stress in such a dark plot like this one.

Waiting for the next episode, theres gonna be epic battle

I have no idea what sub groups are there? I watched whatever was on Gogoanime

Then its pretty much your own fault, if you want good subs you need to check what sub group is subbed it before you watch it..

But really, this shouldn't be the place to whine about subs from whatever group happens to be making some weird choices.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Apr 20, 2013 8:05 PM

Oct 2012
fuck, I thought Ymir was a guy in the manga... I can't believe I never figured that out
Apr 20, 2013 8:09 PM

Apr 2011
Potato Girl for the win!

And also Misaka's complex over Eren is the best xD
Apr 20, 2013 8:10 PM

Jul 2009
i was pretty thrown off that he wasnt able to do this. he shouldve been training like a mad man since that fatal day. why still a wuss
Apr 20, 2013 8:11 PM

Apr 2013
SCREW TALENT, DO IT WITH GUTS!

...dat Kobayashi never stops failing at being herself, I love it.
Apr 20, 2013 8:12 PM

Jul 2012
i really am enjoying it!
should read ahead because the wait every week is killing me
Apr 20, 2013 8:12 PM

May 2012
Too short.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 20, 2013 8:16 PM

Nov 2010
Kurogashi said:
i was pretty thrown off that he wasnt able to do this. he shouldve been training like a mad man since that fatal day. why still a wuss
Did you watch the whole episode? How it showed that it was really because of faulty gear not because of his own lack of training or skill.
Apr 20, 2013 8:16 PM

Nov 2012
"What'd you just wipe on me!?"
"My faith in mankind.."

Another impressive episode. This anime surpassed my expectations already. Don't really like that lipstick-y look of Mikasa's lips, but she also reminds me of Rukia :D Also, what's with all the Russian names? Sasha, Grisha.. Anyway, that rope flying system or whatever seems awesome!
Apr 20, 2013 8:18 PM
Jun 2012
Potato-girl best girl.
Apr 20, 2013 8:18 PM

Sep 2011
Kurogashi said:

I think you need to rewatch the episode more closely.
Apr 20, 2013 8:21 PM

Jun 2009
Oh my sides when Sasha bit into that potato in formation and the instructor and the others' reaction to it. Hilarious. Part of me won't be very surprised to see her die pretty soon, though.

Wasn't really expecting much comedy in this series, then again it's hard to keep a series as intense as the first two episodes were. I still enjoyed it, though. And I'm glad it was just Eren having a faulty belt instead of him being incompetent or something.

Kurogashi said:

You should probably keep both eyes on the screen next time.
Ston3_FreeN7Apr 20, 2013 8:28 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 20, 2013 8:21 PM

Oct 2012
Kurogashi said:
did you even finish the episode?
Apr 20, 2013 8:25 PM

Aug 2012
Slow but still good... I love me some development.
AnimeHAwk616 said:
fuck, I thought Ymir was a guy in the manga... I can't believe I never figured that out
Buh... WHAAAAAA????
Apr 20, 2013 8:31 PM

Apr 2012
I like how this show isn't taking itself so seriously. Every part of this episode besides Eren's general cockiness was enjoyable.
Apr 20, 2013 8:32 PM

Apr 2010
That DI they've got reminds me of Marine Corps boot camp.

Apr 20, 2013 8:34 PM

Sep 2011
AnimeHAwk616 said:

you are not alone.

with the way the

rederoin said:
Well, Eren was less annoying than in the previous episodes(especially his voice is rather annoying).

GodlyKyon said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
GodlyKyon said:
DStev said:
Preferred the last couple episodes to this one but there really isn't a lot to complain about (besides the subs)...

Anyway, good episode, beside they mixed up a few things(including the part when Mikasa has to grab Eren on her hand). And the comedy .. I loled at potato girl, its good to have some episode that relieve the stress in such a dark plot like this one.

Then its pretty much your own fault, if you want good subs you need to check what sub group is subbed it before you watch it..

But really, this shouldn't be the place to whine about subs from whatever group happens to be making some weird choices.

No really, do the sub groups host it on their sites or something? I have no idea there were such things to begin with.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 20, 2013 8:35 PM

Sep 2011
Akamitsu said:
That DI they've got reminds me of Marine Corps boot camp.

I bet they hired a real instruction sergeant(Japanese) to do the acting? that's what they did in Full Metal Panic!
Apr 20, 2013 8:39 PM

Jun 2012
Another good episode, I liked the song played just before the ending!
Apr 20, 2013 8:40 PM

Sep 2011
GodlyKyon said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:

you are not alone.

with the way the

rederoin said:

GodlyKyon said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
GodlyKyon said:
DStev said:

No really, do the sub groups host it on their sites or something? I have no idea there were such things to begin with.

Host it? Most people who talk about different subs, etc here, download them. I stopped streaming from websites 2 years ago xD.
Apr 20, 2013 8:44 PM

Sep 2011
Tyrel said:
GodlyKyon said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:

you are not alone.

with the way the

rederoin said:

GodlyKyon said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
GodlyKyon said:
DStev said:

Host it? Most people who talk about different subs, etc here, download them. I stopped streaming from websites 2 years ago xD.

Oh... But aren't there likeliness of viruses? What places are safe?
Apr 20, 2013 8:46 PM
Apr 2012
>not knowing how to torrent fansubs
>not knowing about Nyaa
>2013
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

Are people seriously saying that Mikasa has lipstick? Do you just conveniently forget that human lips have a natural red or pink hue on account of the more visible blood vessels and capillaries that result from the lack of melanin producing cells in the lips?
Apr 20, 2013 8:49 PM

Mar 2011
-Sasha is easily one of the best things I've seen today. I couldn't stop laughing.

-I don't know if Eren got a new VA or if Kaji-san changed it up a bit, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE his voice right now.

-Damn, Mikasa is beyond lovely. I mean, what a barbie o_o

5/5
Apr 20, 2013 8:51 PM

Oct 2012
fdsfgs said:
>not knowing how to torrent fansubs
>not knowing about Nyaa
>2013
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

Are people seriously saying that Mikasa has lipstick? Do you just conveniently forget that human lips have a natural red or pink hue on account of the more visible blood vessels and capillaries that result from the lack of melanin producing cells in the lips?
Lol, patato girl doesn't.
Apr 20, 2013 8:54 PM

Apr 2012
The sergeant at the beginning reminded me of sergeant Hartman from Full Metal Jacket. Sasha really is a moron. Gotta love her ignorance.

Also, what chapter is this from? I'm like halfway through chapter 3 but I don't remember this happening.
Apr 20, 2013 8:55 PM

Oct 2012
GodlyKyon said:

you can download the torrent from the fan sub website if you're that worried about viruses. Best one is gg's website
Apr 20, 2013 8:59 PM

Jun 2011
i loved this episode.
Jean face xD
potato girl xD
Reiner Badass.
Mikasa <3

5/5
Apr 20, 2013 9:01 PM

Jul 2011
FrostToaster said:
The sergeant at the beginning reminded me of sergeant Hartman from Full Metal Jacket. Sasha really is a moron. Gotta love her ignorance.

Also, what chapter is this from? I'm like halfway through chapter 3 but I don't remember this happening.

They change the order, this happens later in the manga
Apr 20, 2013 9:02 PM

Nov 2010
pralan said:
FrostToaster said:

They change the order, this happens later in the manga
Like around chapter 15 I believe, and it was a flashback in the manga, they just moved it so it's more chronological in the anime.
Apr 20, 2013 9:02 PM

Oct 2012
Potato girl was pretty funny. Production IG never lets me down that ending was absolutely amazing!!
Apr 20, 2013 9:08 PM
Aug 2012
Yeah, this is why i hate popular anime like this too many wanna be animator/director/producer in this forum from how the OST has Micheal Bay sounds on it, Production I.G making it lame with putting additional details on the characters

Ill probably stop read this anime discussions until the final episode because i'll facepalm myself too much if ill continue reading the discussions

There's more better discussion i can read from anime's in this season than this

It felt like comic strips in the part between mikasa and sasha
Apr 20, 2013 9:11 PM

Dec 2007
FrostToaster said:

Anime follows a chronological order. The manga has them on flashbacks. Though I'm not sure which chapters exactly. Sorry, can't help you there.
Apr 20, 2013 9:16 PM

Nov 2007
Even though I have been spoiled by a cock deliberately in one of the threads, I am completely sold because this anime is a bit too titanic.

Already the best anime of 2013, and we are just into episode 3!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 20, 2013 9:33 PM

Sep 2011
AnimeHAwk616 said:
GodlyKyon said:

you can download the torrent from the fan sub website if you're that worried about viruses. Best one is gg's website

Thanks for informing me.

Mortorrounds said:
Potato girl was pretty funny. Production IG never lets me down that ending was absolutely amazing!!

Not even when they made Guilty Crown?

The only time where A-1 Pictures has let me down was Sword Art Online
Apr 20, 2013 9:41 PM

Feb 2013
bastek66 said:

I actually loved the ending and that whole

Waitin' the next episode! This is soooo exciting!!!
Apr 20, 2013 9:43 PM
Nov 2011
paper-dreams said:
FrostToaster said:

Anime follows a chronological order. The manga has them on flashbacks. Though I'm not sure which chapters exactly. Sorry, can't help you there.

Episode 3 is based on (Volume 4) chapter 15 AND chapter 17.

From the preview, Episode 4 looks like it will about chapter 16, (the end of) chapter 2 and (some of) chapter 3.

So far, the anime is doing more than an OK job of adapting the manga. Of course, I think the adaptation can be better, but it is also (still very) far from the (bad) level wherein I start cursing the anime studio.

Unfortunately, I can no longer say that people should just stick with the anime as episode 3 didn't include all the character developing moments in chapter 15 AND 17.
Apr 20, 2013 9:45 PM

Nov 2007
GodlyKyon said:

A-1 knows what they are doing. Ask Kuroshitsuji, Ao no Exorcist or Magi fans. You'll understand.

Well, they did Anohana, Oofuri and currently doing Uchuu Kyoudai. But most of their shows are mediocre or simply... bad.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 20, 2013 9:48 PM

Dec 2010
Sweet episode, can't wait for the next one. Jean's face was hilarious, and the ending was cool.
Apr 20, 2013 9:53 PM
Jan 2012
Ah, this adaption is turning out great! ~
I <3 A-1
Apr 20, 2013 9:54 PM

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:
GodlyKyon said:

A-1 knows what they are doing. Ask Kuroshitsuji, Ao no Exorcist or Magi fans. You'll understand.

Well, they did Anohana, Oofuri and currently doing Uchuu Kyoudai. But most of their shows are mediocre or simply... bad.

I didn't pay much attention, but of the adaptations they did That I saw, Uchuu was excellent, and I believe so were others.
Apr 20, 2013 9:55 PM

Sep 2011
OH! Looks like they also did Working!
Apr 20, 2013 9:56 PM

Sep 2012
LOL @ Sasha.. I believe in potatoes
Apr 20, 2013 9:58 PM

Feb 2013
My gosh, you cannot believe how long it took me to get through this episode! But it was a good episode.

This time we face some down time as we meet our supporting cast. I have yet to remember everyone's name, and right now I only know then by face, but I liked the break from the action and suffering.

This time we get some comic relief with the boot camp training of Eren, Mikasa's, and Armin. We get to meet some interesting characters throughout. My esteem for Eren has greatly risen and he is beginning to mature even more. He's pushing to become a soldier and won't let anything stop him. I admire his fortitude and his determination. I also love Mikasa's loyalty to him and her ability to understand him. I'll have to wait and see, but we might have here such a close sibling relationship that it might rival that of Edward and Alphonse Elric's.

And we hear again of the elusive Dr. Jaeger. Whatever happened to him?

Well, while this show is wonderful and the scenery beautiful, I can't help feeling that it's being to slow down for me. It is struggling to hold my attention a bit. (It took me more then 3 HOURS to finish this episode!!) And yet I'll definitely stick with it.

I give this episode a 7.5/10.
Apr 20, 2013 10:16 PM
Oct 2009
Master7432 said:
I <3 A-1

Yeah,uhh A-1 didn't do this. Thank god.
Apr 20, 2013 10:20 PM

Dec 2012
cries because it's so amazing
Apr 20, 2013 10:23 PM

Dec 2010
Commie subs (or w/e) was the one on animecrazy? The one that translated as "Eotena" or something? Besides that weird translation though, I thought the translations were great.
Apr 20, 2013 10:24 PM

Aug 2011
Amazing stuff once again. Love it, love it SO HARD.
Apr 20, 2013 10:24 PM

Sep 2011
Kivos said:
Master7432 said:
I <3 A-1

Yeah,uhh A-1 didn't do this. Thank god.

Da hell you are talking about? A-1 has great adptations
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.