Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2013 8:23 PM

Dec 2011
I can feel the rage in Eren's eyes! This episode didn't disappoint!
I am loving Mikasa's character, since she holds Eren's sanity.

Still wondering what is the treasure that the key will unlock???

And... now I am kind of disappointed knowing that Eren starts really weak according to the next episode. Trying to keep my urge from reading the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2013 8:24 PM
Jul 2012
Tyrel said:
OneWhoReadsBooks said:

I don't get it. Why would you spoil something like that. This is the ANIME episode TWO discussion. It doesn't fucking matter if you put a spoiler tag or not you idiot.

Wanna unquote that? I already reported his post and got it removed. Only one left that remains of his is your quote.

K, I didn't know you could report post for spoiling.
Apr 13, 2013 8:26 PM

Oct 2012
OneWhoReadsBooks said:
Tavor said:
IntroverTurtle said:
No back seat for her. Eren is the main character, so no surprise that it's mostly about him. But she still shines a lot, and is still a lot of people's favorite character.

Understandable, and glad to hear she has a prominent role for the episodes to come then :)

All the other characters become important in some why or another, and get plenty of "screen time". It's not like Naruto, or Bleach were the hero steals the show every arc.

So you'll be seeing plenty of Misaka and other soon-to-be-introduced characters.

Ohh, this sounds rather promising too! I just hate when a 'badass' female character teases me, and then ends up taking a back seat and allows the male to 'flaunt' his status more into the anime...like a certain Magi adaptation....

So, it seems like I'm in for a treat! Plus, it's Production I.G., what could go wrong? :D

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Apr 13, 2013 8:29 PM

Sep 2012
Hey...

Isn't that Master Xehanort?
Apr 13, 2013 8:29 PM

Aug 2008
k
Apr 13, 2013 8:30 PM

Sep 2011
Tavor said:
OneWhoReadsBooks said:
Tavor said:
IntroverTurtle said:
No back seat for her. Eren is the main character, so no surprise that it's mostly about him. But she still shines a lot, and is still a lot of people's favorite character.

Understandable, and glad to hear she has a prominent role for the episodes to come then :)

All the other characters become important in some why or another, and get plenty of "screen time". It's not like Naruto, or Bleach were the hero steals the show every arc.

So you'll be seeing plenty of Misaka and other soon-to-be-introduced characters.

Ohh, this sounds rather promising too! I just hate when a 'badass' female character teases me, and then ends up taking a back seat and allows the male to 'flaunt' his status more into the anime...like a certain Magi adaptation....

So, it seems like I'm in for a treat! Plus, it's Production I.G., what could go wrong? :D

SAO Style. Jokes aside. You're in for a treat, like the other guy said. Lots of characters get plenty of screen time w/ action, etc.
Apr 13, 2013 8:31 PM

Aug 2008
good anime, might just read the manga now
Apr 13, 2013 8:32 PM

May 2012
RedgraverSoul said:
Damn humans can't do jack shit. We need a superhuman to handle things.

Believe.

Fuck yes
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 13, 2013 8:33 PM

May 2012
Litrydow said:
Hey...

Isn't that Master Xehanort?

Lol kingdom hearts.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 13, 2013 8:35 PM

May 2012
that opening just gets my blood pumping xD
this anime looks like its gonna be freakin awesome
Apr 13, 2013 8:36 PM

Nov 2011
Scene where the Titan just charged through the wall was sheer epicness.

The narration fits nicely too. It's like after this huge mess, the narration starts and begins to tell us how 250,000 refugees go to take back the wall, but only 100 come back alive.

KILL COUNT!
Titans = 0

Humans = 260,000

Seems to be in the Titans favor slightly!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 13, 2013 8:36 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode.That armored titan scene was intense as hell.

9/10 episode.

EXCITED FOR NEXT WEEK.
Apr 13, 2013 8:37 PM

Nov 2011
Tommk said:
RedgraverSoul said:

Believe.

Fuck yes

Hey man, at least give the Titans a chance.
Apr 13, 2013 8:38 PM

Apr 2010
Ragix said:

The narration fits nicely too. It's like after this huge mess, the narration starts and begins to tell us how 250,000 refugees go to take back the wall, but only 100 come back alive.

KILL COUNT!
Titans = 0

Humans = 260,000

Way to favor the titans.
It's:
Titans = 0
Humans = 259,900

God.
antonnApr 13, 2013 8:43 PM
Apr 13, 2013 8:40 PM

Feb 2009
I cringe each time the titans ate someone. Jeez, getting eaten is among the worse way to go!
In the face of the titans running is no cowardice, when the soldiers started running when they saw that armored titan I couldn't blame them for not holding their position.
I'm so glad they animated it that way, all these flashback in the manga was kinda confusing at time.
Apr 13, 2013 8:45 PM

Feb 2010
So damn good!

Im glad it wasn't just an amazing 1st episode...

I cannot WAIT for the next episode.... I want moooore....
Apr 13, 2013 8:51 PM

Nov 2011
antonn said:
Ragix said:

KILL COUNT!
Titans = 0

Humans = 260,000

Way to favor the titans.
It's:
Titans = 0
Humans = 259,900

God.

Somehow my brain did not compute the 100 survivors.
Someone needs to put a Titan in there to eat another 100 so my calculations can be correct.
Apr 13, 2013 8:53 PM

Jan 2010
Giant Urien used chariot tackle

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Apr 13, 2013 8:54 PM

May 2012
Keith Shadis za zonbi
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 13, 2013 9:01 PM

Dec 2010

Loved how Mikasa looked at the end. So beautiful. Truth be told however they really made her feminine in the show. Not sure if it that image will suit her.

Apr 13, 2013 9:03 PM
Oct 2010
Great, great, great!
It was a somewhat slow episode but I think it's good this way. It's not all about plot progression, giving life to the terrifying atmosphere of the manga is very important, at least is one of the things I really like about it. It just wouldn't be the same thing if the titans weren't so scary and difficult to defeat. The humanity is on the verge of extinction, being able to see the emotional development of the characters who're going through such dramatic experiences is... kind of a big deal...
Oh I almost forgot we actually had the armored titan breaking Wall Maria as if it was nothing, thousands dying...That's already a lot of action for a day.

Also the music in this anime is just unf. OP, ED, OST they're all above perfection

IntroverTurtle said:

And what I'm worried about is that flashback scene.

Apr 13, 2013 9:05 PM

Sep 2011
Great Episode.

So how many Titans existing?
Apr 13, 2013 9:06 PM
Oct 2010
mikasa turned fucking HOT.

that tank titan was boss as fuck.

poor blonde kid losing his grandpa like that. damn near cried again
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 13, 2013 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
They did great animation on the titans.

Also Annie,sasha,christie, and that bald kid(I can't remember his name)

Love to see next week episode.
Apr 13, 2013 9:08 PM

Oct 2012
VioLink said:

Mikasa

She is prettier here than in the manga.

VioLink said:

Sasha

Preview:

Potato girl! xD

It was a pretty good ep. I thought more realistic than the manga. That scene of armored titan was amazing...
I can't wait for the next. :)

5/5
Apr 13, 2013 9:10 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
TaciNox said:

Also Annie,sasha,christie, and that bald kid(I can't remember his name)

Haha I think you mean Connie :) But yes I'm excited to see all the characters as well
Apr 13, 2013 9:10 PM

Dec 2009
The government sure needs to start funding their military now. :P It's weird seeing the guards just wearing cloth instead of chain mail or plate armor. Prob cause they use the 3D maneuver gear for mobility I guess.
Apr 13, 2013 9:12 PM

Nov 2010
Rianri said:
Great, great, great!
It was a somewhat slow episode but I think it's good this way. It's not all about plot progression, giving life to the terrifying atmosphere of the manga is very important, at least is one of the things I really like about it. It just wouldn't be the same thing if the titans weren't so scary and difficult to defeat. The humanity is on the verge of extinction, being able to see the emotional development of the characters who're going through such dramatic experiences is... kind of a big deal...
Oh I almost forgot we actually had the armored titan breaking Wall Maria as if it was nothing, thousands dying...That's already a lot of action for a day.

Also the music in this anime is just unf. OP, ED, OST they're all above perfection

IntroverTurtle said:

Apr 13, 2013 9:13 PM

Apr 2013
xlRevanlx said:
The government sure needs to start funding their military now. :P It's weird seeing the guards just wearing cloth instead of chain mail or plate armor. Prob cause they use the 3D maneuver gear for mobility I guess.
as if chain mail could do anything against a 15m + titan LOL.. I prefer to have great mobility and speed against those mofos than some "toppings" if I'm eaten.
Apr 13, 2013 9:15 PM

Nov 2011
i gotz one question for this series.....how do the titans reproduce........i have yet to see a female titan.......LOL
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 13, 2013 9:19 PM

Nov 2010
RedgraverSoul said:

Believe.

WANT.
I laughed at this xD
Apr 13, 2013 9:20 PM

Nov 2007
Man, the main character is a total brat.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 13, 2013 9:22 PM

Jan 2009
IntroverTurtle said:

foreshadowing of an anime original ending perhaps?
Apr 13, 2013 9:24 PM

Apr 2010
Gr33ncar said:
i gotz one question for this series.....how do the titans reproduce........i have yet to see a female titan.......LOL

You'll see in the doujins.
Apr 13, 2013 9:25 PM

Aug 2011
Vizard said:

Kaji Yuki's voice will do that to a character.
Apr 13, 2013 9:28 PM

Apr 2010
NihonFalcom said:
Vizard said:

Kaji Yuki's voice will do that to a character.

Being about 10yrs old will do that to a character.
Apr 13, 2013 9:28 PM

Jun 2011
Stark700 said:
Someone also did a piano version of the OP song:

Beautiful.

Amazing

And the episode was really awesome. the ost is so fuckin great, cant wait for it's release
Apr 13, 2013 9:34 PM

Nov 2010
j0x said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Hopefully not, but they also put a vision of things that hadn't happened yet when he woke up from the nap in the beginning of the first episode.
Apr 13, 2013 9:34 PM
Sep 2009
Eren's resolve was pretty epic. I also liked his voice after hitting puberty =D.
Apr 13, 2013 9:40 PM

Nov 2012
Damn this 2 eps are amazing! Hope it stays at this pace, if it does it will get a 9/10 easily!
Apr 13, 2013 9:41 PM

Apr 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
j0x said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Hopefully not, but they also put a vision of things that hadn't happened yet when he woke up from the nap in the beginning of the first episode.

Only difference is that he has his dad's key when he wakes up, so it most likely already happened.
Apr 13, 2013 9:41 PM

Dec 2012
man i really love the pacing of this adaptation, the endign of this ep got me so pumped for next week
Apr 13, 2013 9:42 PM

Jan 2013
This anime is intense, the ost is awesome.

Only two things bother me, first, the titans. What exactly are they? right now they are like a concept of evil; the enemy, but there's not much info about them. Maybe they'll be explained later, I haven't read the manga.

And second, I hate when they give female characters coloured lips. I dunno if it's makeup but it's really bothersome, same with painted nails and stuff but maybe it's just me...

Other than that it's really great.
Please understand.
Apr 13, 2013 9:52 PM

Jan 2010
xlRevanlx said:

Would armor really help against Titans? The only advantage the humans have is their mobility
Apr 13, 2013 9:58 PM
Oct 2010
BTW did anyone notice the young version of annie getting the bread?
Apr 13, 2013 10:01 PM

Apr 2013
I was shocked to see Mikasa transform into a bishoujo (referring to char design before ED theme[that was just BEAUTIFUL]) then I saw her char design after the ED Theme, I felt relieved -_-

deym... the extended/added scenes were beautiful they added a certain depth :D

and Eren's voice after hitting puberty is OOOKKK... tnx at least I won't have to hear that whiny voice
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Apr 13, 2013 10:03 PM

Nov 2010
antonn said:
IntroverTurtle said:
j0x said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Only difference is that he has his dad's key when he wakes up, so it most likely already happened.
Yes I noticed that, I was just confused a little on the timeline.

skudoops said:
BTW did anyone notice the young version of annie getting the bread?
Yes I did, also I saw a couple of the other trainees in the crowds too.

Feb 2013
Chargeeee! So amped for Episode 3! The hype train continues.

Apr 2009
Agh, it ended at an interesting part. Just as their quirky comrades in training are about to be introduced. Spent too much time bridging the gap between the fall of Wall Maria and the three of them entering military training, though at least I got to saw the armored titan in action and Eren's father with that injection. Next episode shall be interesting.

Sasha in the preview. <3
Apr 13, 2013 10:04 PM

Apr 2013
antonn said:
IntroverTurtle said:
j0x said:
IntroverTurtle said:

that is most likely it... they just wanted to show that Eren met his father right after that boat and before the rations part so you don't have to worry about it (for now but most likely will not) having an original ending
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Pages (21) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.