Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 12, 2013 10:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Queen!

The match was pretty tense still imo. Pretty good match even though it was dragged out a little. I still enjoyed it even with the little emotions added in towards the end there.
Apr 12, 2013 12:28 PM
Oct 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Queen!

The match was pretty tense still imo. Pretty good match even though it was dragged out a little. I still enjoyed it even with the little emotions added in towards the end there.

Apr 12, 2013 12:49 PM

Jun 2012
Damn this was a nailbiting episode!! I wasn't expecting Chihaya to lose and her teammates having to pick up the slack especially Tsutomu. How could Nishida lose after grilling him a couple of episodes ago?

A lot of unspoken words were said with Taichi and Kana. Taichi especially supporting Chihaya whether that be lifting her up or opening her hands. I'm really excited though to see Tsukuba challenged in his first "real" match. He's always had the drive but hasn't had a chance to really prove himself yet.
HybridMBLApr 12, 2013 1:49 PM
Apr 12, 2013 1:17 PM
Sep 2011
The tension went through the roof this episode! My eyes were glued to the screen, that's how engrossed I was by it. On a sidenote, the beautiful track used after Tsutomu's victory hasn't been used before if I'm not mistaken.
Apr 12, 2013 1:29 PM

Aug 2009
Kana chan! ; w ; //pats her back
Its okay Kana chan! ; w ; You worked SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARDD!! AND IM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!! Shes really amazing //tears of joy T w T <3

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope Tsukaba-kun can win! ; //// ;
tbh I really doubt he can.. but it would be REALLY AMAZING to see if he has gained that badass skill...

but anyway

OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MIZUZAWA IS IN THE FINALS... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

//THROWS CONFETTIIIIII AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

lol, but think about it. This match with this girls school took 3 episodes to complete XD, I wonder how many episodes this final match will take! XDDD
Apr 12, 2013 1:37 PM
Dec 2008
Really loved the ending
Apr 12, 2013 1:38 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
F*** Megumu!!!

Glad Mizusawa won, but I'm ready to see Chihaya kick some ass.
Apr 12, 2013 1:54 PM

Jan 2008
Pretty intense match...still want more Arata though; can never have too much Arata.
Apr 12, 2013 2:00 PM

Jun 2009
even though i feel kinda pissed off that megumu won , but i'm happy cause misuzawa won as a team . plus i don't like megumu whatsoever . shinobu-chan much better >.>

dearest my bb shinah ty for the bday present <33
Apr 12, 2013 2:19 PM

Nov 2010
The wins went as expected, but still an awesome episode. Looking forward to the final!
Apr 12, 2013 2:19 PM
Jun 2009
THIS EP COULDN'T HAVE BEEN BETTER. it made me go "YEAAAH!" and there's nothing less interesting than sport for me so go figure.That hand-touch between Taichi and Chihaya = I came. and I love Shinobu more and more with every episode. And oh my, Desktomu, Kana... well done!
there's no hope for Misuzawa in the next match imho, but I'd like to see Chi-chan kick some ass.
Apr 12, 2013 2:38 PM

Jul 2011
If they lose the finals, I WILL KILL SOMEONE. Stop having them lose!!
Chihaya better win her next match!

I want to see Tsukuba get serious. He better not mess around like last time.

Great episode. Is it just me, or really over-the-top effects? I see sparkles. @_@

Tachi supporting Chihaya was great.

Arata better go watch the finals. >_<
Apr 12, 2013 2:50 PM

Jan 2012
I was scared that they would lose because I was thinking that they may have to try again in a 3rd season. Though them winning this match doesn't eliminate that possibility. lol.
Apr 12, 2013 3:08 PM

Nov 2012
MM-Rosiie

Great episode. Is it just me, or really over-the-top effects? I see sparkles. @_@

[/quote said:

Haha, tell me about it! Every time there was a 'touching' moment they'd ring some bells and all of the sudden there's a blue sparkly background behind the characters and sparkles floating around them and a dramatic piano piece filling in here and there. I think they really overdid that.
Apr 12, 2013 3:55 PM

Aug 2011
Really tense final win, I nearly shaked from being so nervous about it. Really well executed. Time for more Karuta Bashing !
Apr 12, 2013 4:05 PM

Jun 2011
After all those weird teams, there is finally one really exciting match.

Tsukue-kun's amazing win, that was really intense.
Apr 12, 2013 4:25 PM

Nov 2007
lol @ the queen! It's like cursing! Because she's too strong, the competition is like killing time for her.

It seems like there might be new rival group for Chihaya's team. Chihaya and her opponent stole each other's personal card! Even though Chihaya lost, Megane guy (from his statistic) won. It seems like Miyu-Miyu's character is going next to replace the shy girl because he was worried that she's tired.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 12, 2013 4:47 PM

Jun 2010
UGH Chihaya lost T-T! So pissed...
On the other hand, Kana chan and Komano were great!
Hard to believe that the final match could be more intense than this one >.<! Can't wait for next week...
Apr 12, 2013 4:48 PM

Aug 2012
Had a feeling Chihaya would lose, but hell after playing Megumu, whoever she's matched against for Fujisaki should seem like 4th grade Taichi unless she's burnt out.

Nishida needs a win bigtime, especially now cus I don't see Tsukuba pulling out a surprise win since the 'weakest' three saved them this match. I imagine if they're gonna beat Fujisaki it'll take Chihaya, Nishida, and Taichi getting wins.

Speaking of, has Taichi lost a match in this tournament? Dude's pulling his weight and serving as Chihaya's emotional support. Though if Arata shows up to watch the finals I have a feeling he'll be under more pressure than Chihaya and blow it.
Apr 12, 2013 4:53 PM

Apr 2009
KingYoshi said:
F*** Megumu!!!

Glad Mizusawa won, but I'm ready to see Chihaya kick some ass.

My thoughts exactly. I now officially despise Megumu, and I was hoping for Chihaya to beat her senseless this match, but she lost :( I hope she'll go kick ass the next day during the individual matches and this final round of the team matches.
But really, to hell with Megumu, she's so annoying! I didn't really like her at the start of this match, but this last episode made me hate her.

AlexTheRiot said:
Speaking of, has Taichi lost a match in this tournament? Dude's pulling his weight and serving as Chihaya's emotional support. Though if Arata shows up to watch the finals I have a feeling he'll be under more pressure than Chihaya and blow it.

I must say I really like how Taichi is doing. He has had a lot of hardships trying to become a class A player, and I'm glad he's doing good now. Also, those support moments make me really like him. I've been a supporter of Taichi from the start (not to say I don't like Arata, but still) so I hope Chihaya will end up falling for him. He's, in my opinion, a better choice :P

Apr 12, 2013 4:56 PM

May 2011
hnsaklfhsaldf;.sdf;.sf;losfslndfa The fucking tension in this episode was killing me. When they won i fucking screamed out in joy, holy damn
Apr 12, 2013 4:58 PM

Apr 2012
This episode was absolutely spectacular.

If this continue at this rate, I can easily see Chihayafuru becoming a timeless classic.

Apr 12, 2013 5:09 PM

May 2012
Awesome episode, it was totally worth taking time out of studying for finals to watch this.

Kana-chan: "One win for Pizusawa!" Lol I couldn't stop laughing for a good minute.

And porky needs to stop sucking.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Apr 12, 2013 5:12 PM
Aug 2012
The shounen-ness of the series was over 9000!!! and thats chihayachi moment!!! damn why cant you just figure hime out chihaya-chan. and Arata you are missing out on the most defining moment of your best friends lives... and the tension of Karuta, i think i might love the game just as much as they do now. I was on the edge of my seat, jumping and crying throughout the match!!!
Apr 12, 2013 5:27 PM

Jul 2011
shini012 said:
The shounen-ness of the series was over 9000!!!

There is no such thing in Chihayafuru, it's Josei.

RockerXD said:
hnsaklfhsaldf;.sdf;.sf;losfslndfa The fucking tension in this episode was killing me. When they won i fucking screamed out in joy, holy damn

So did I my friend! So did I! I Was so nervous for Chihaya and the team, And at the end with glasses guy, I was so happy when they won.

Anyways and at the end, with the noob, forgot his name, the one with three little brothers, F*uck the fact that you are part of the team, it's the finals for f*cks sakes! They only need the best in the finals! Like what is wrong with you!!

OHHH my goodness I dont like this. I hope they REJECT his idea.

lightXTC said:

Kana-chan: "One win for Pizusawa!" Lol I couldn't stop laughing for a good minute.

Lmao that was cute and funny .
Apr 12, 2013 5:30 PM

Aug 2008
I seriously don't mind if the season 2 is ending with Omi jingu! I mean, just how awesome can it get? It's always better than I expect! Every episode!

Omg, that Taichi moment! Rejoice! And no more 3 megane-guy moment! REJOICE!

And it's a shame that Kana-chan will retire for the last match :( But it's better than collapsing in the match!
Apr 12, 2013 5:31 PM

May 2011
Wow, that was an amazing match, I love that even in the process of these matches character grow and learn from it. And I'm especially happy that two of the members who sent them to their win was Tsutomu and Kana.
Apr 12, 2013 5:36 PM

Jun 2010
I just started watching this series a week ago, and I'm so fucking glad I picked it up! :P I did not think I would like this so much. I started shouting like a monkey when they won that match. lol
Apr 12, 2013 5:37 PM
Aug 2012
MoonxArtemis said:

There is no such thing in Chihayafuru, it's Josei.

Chihayafuru is a mixture of all genres. there are specific moments in each episode which are shounen-like, especially in the second season and then there are a bunch of sparkly shoujo moments, but the series overall is josei.
Apr 12, 2013 5:57 PM

Aug 2011
THAT CHIHAYA X TAICHI MOMENT <3

I AM SO MAD CHIHAYA LOST. I FUCKING HATE MEGUMU. SERIOUSLY IF CHIHAYA LOST TO MEGUMU HOW IS SHE GONNA WIN AGAINST THE QUEEN? (I guess we won't even get CLOSE to that in this season......)

Lastly, I don't have faith that Mizusawa will trump Fujisaki in the final. Desktomu and Tsukuba will for sure lose, unless they give Tsukuba a chance to shine (character development, you know). Chihaya will win, compensating for her loss against Megumu. Nishida will probably win. Taichi will most likely lose. They always stress how Mizusawa is such an unknown school and how Fujisaki is oh so amazing. Plus there's that mysterious red-haired girl from Fujisaki who may be... a trump card?
Apr 12, 2013 6:09 PM

Mar 2013
Fujisaki has got 5 A class players, I doubt desktomu and tsukuba will pull a rabbit out of a hat. I'm guessing chihaya/nishida are going to win their matches and taichi will break under the pressure.. god I can't wait another week :<
Apr 12, 2013 6:39 PM

Jun 2008
Disappointed Chihaya lost, but very pleased that Mizusawa won overall. Would have been pissed if they didn't.
Apr 12, 2013 6:47 PM

Nov 2007
OMG! This anime makes my heart skip beats so many times I can do without counting!

I am so glad that our team won! Chihaya will definitely show up in the final and time for Nishida to make a point that he is indeed a Class A player!

I doubt Tsukue and Tsukuba will be able to register a win against Fujisaki! Gotta give it to Tsukue for his talent to use data as a weapon! Kana-chan winning was wonderful! I like her so much! And Sumire-chan has grown so much affection for her team already!

I think everything will hinge on how Taichi fairs in that game! Go Taichi!

As for Shinobu, the more I see her, the more I like her even though she creeps the hell out of me! And more Arata of course! The reason I am loving the second season more!

Taichi X Chihaya moment was priceless! Damn! I cannot pick between Arata and Taichi! T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 12, 2013 6:52 PM

Jul 2010
I predict that Nishida, Tsukuba, and Chihaya will win the finals. Chihaya will probably be against the red-haired girl, but whatever.

PLEASE DO NOT SPOIL
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Apr 12, 2013 7:19 PM

Oct 2012
Hope Chihaya administers a severe beatdown on Megumu if she ever plays her in the future.
Apr 12, 2013 7:22 PM
Feb 2011
Tsukuba doesn't have a freaking chance in hell to win in the finals. Fujisawa has 5 Class A 3rd years. That means that Oe being replaced shouldn't change a damn thing anyway since neither she, nor Tsukuba nor Tsutomu are gonna defeat a Class A player.

It's up to Chihaya to crush their ace, deflate their morale, it's up Nishida to finally win a big match and it's up to Misuzawa to find their weakest regular for Taichi to face. In reality, the match relies entirely on Nishida (30%) and Taichi (70)% because
1 - I can't see anyone else having the talent to defeat Chihaya.
2 - Nishida, as one of the two Class A members, has to win. Their Class C members aren't going to be able to pick up the slack this time.
and 3 - Taichi has to prove to himself he's risen above the B class.
Apr 12, 2013 7:39 PM

Jun 2011
Oh, Chihaya lost… OMG, I didn't expect this, like at all… *smh*. This match was so predictable.
Chihaya always losing to strong opponents, never contesting cards and repeating every damn sentences she says (in her head) two times, those things are getting old. At least Mizusawa wins…
Apr 12, 2013 8:16 PM

Jul 2010
Absolutely fantastic episode! Desktomotu winning the match was unexpected, and I really like how Tachi is consistently winning his matches I feel like he should be rank A by now but for some reason he can never win in those ranking matches. I don't mind Chihaya losing her match. In fact I think with Taichi's help she realized that she panics too much and learning to relax would greatly benefit her. Anyway, I really can't wait for next week hopefully they'll win the tournament but with this show you never really know.
Apr 12, 2013 8:23 PM

Aug 2012
Kurini said:
I seriously don't mind if the season 2 is ending with Omi jingu!

Seriously. They could pull it off.
Apr 12, 2013 8:40 PM

Mar 2008
As aways, FANTASTIC!

Taichi's friendzone is paintful to watch.

NEW PAIRS!

Sumire x Tsutomu!
Oe x Tsukuba!
And... Nishida x Tsutoku?!
Apr 12, 2013 9:01 PM

Jan 2011
The music that played when Desktomu won, and Megumu cried made those moments so darn emotional! I shed some tears ;_; Even though I already knew the outcome of the match, I was still at the edge of my seat the whole time!

Anyway, guys, be prepared again for a long match!
Since the anime seems like it wants to go at the same (slow) pace as the manga, the Fujisaki match should be around 3 episodes long as well.
Apr 12, 2013 9:04 PM

Mar 2012
That episode was just amazing.

This match was so intense, and I thought the way the entire team match was portrayed was perfect. The tension with each dead card in Tsutomu's match was brilliantly executed. The overall outcome of the match was quite fitting in my opinion (though still really surprising, mostly with how Tsutomu's side of things turned out). I really would like to see Chihaya grow some more before climbing up the ladder that quickly and beating the west representative, but just watching her match was wonderful. The Taichi/Chihaya moment and Shinobu's bits of development were just icing on the cake.

I'm honestly a little worried, though, about the scene with Tsukuba at the very end. I'm not very fond of his constant insistence to let him play matches. Even if Kana is actually tired, him trying to infiltrate into the vastly important final match is bothersome to me. I really hope he gets better; he's the only character left out of the Mizusawa karuta club that I haven't developed some sort of attachment to. I feel like it's going to just add an element of frustration to my viewing pleasure in the next episode.
Apr 12, 2013 9:25 PM

Dec 2011
Damn Chihaya lost but MIZUZAWA wins by team and every moment of this episode is pure win.This anime keeps getting better and better
Apr 12, 2013 9:34 PM

Jun 2009
This was amazing!! One of the best episodes so far!!! Though I am still furious that Chihaya didn't win. grrr

It would be nice to see Megumu and Chihaya play against each other again. And it seem like the 1st years will step up their game!!

I loved Taichi's emotional support!! >///<
Apr 12, 2013 10:07 PM

Feb 2010
Wow.. amazing match + win!
Apr 12, 2013 10:35 PM
Feb 2011
rishardew said:
Chihaya's been losing all the "important" matches this season, she better win in the finals.

This episode was really tense, but now we have the finals!

That was the only important match she lost. The loss in the prefectural finals wasn't important, she was using it as practice for her new swing technique, ready to take the risk of losing the game to improve it.

And... that's pretty much the only other loss in this season. And I doubt she's going to be losing in either the team finals or anytime before the semifinals of the individual tournament unless she runs into Arata, Shinobu or Megumu before. Because these are pretty much the only 3 opponents strong enough to take her down now.
Apr 12, 2013 11:27 PM

Jan 2010
Another impressive episode. That's two great weeks in a row. I can't wait to see what happens now.
Apr 13, 2013 12:37 AM

May 2010
No shit Desktomu is the star of this episode! Srsly, I teared up the moment he swiftly took the last card. BOKU NO DATA, motherfckers!
Apr 13, 2013 12:45 AM

Jun 2007
stormgoddess said:
No shit Desktomu is the star of this episode! Srsly, I teared up the moment he swiftly took the last card. BOKU NO DATA, motherfckers!

He didn't just take it plainly either, he did it fucking beautifully.
Apr 13, 2013 12:56 AM

Jan 2011
Holy hell that was an intense episode. Chihaya needs to get her ass in gear! There is no I in team and this episode portrayed that perfectly. Even the ace's need their support players.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

136 by fathandz »»
Feb 15, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

181 by fathandz »»
Feb 11, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2013

110 by fathandz »»
Feb 7, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2013

93 by fathandz »»
Feb 5, 1:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.