Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2013 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So I guess there's still a lot tensions regarding the events of last week's episode. Io needs to cheer up a bit imo. I still like the atmosphere of this show so far. The creature in this episode is kinda strange as it looks like some kind of strange bird.

Oh, I liked seeing Byakko in action again! Nice. I got pretty much what I expected again in this second episode. I'm also looking forward to next week's episode because it seems like Hinako is going to make her appearance!
Apr 11, 2013 11:34 AM

Jun 2012
Last week we had 8 Animation Directors, this week 9. How many are we gonna have at the end of the series? :P

I thought Hibiki's resolve for his conviction to help others was arrived at in a clumsy way but okay nonetheless. He didn't seem like the paragon type of MC to me. The atmosphere of the world I still like a lot with the mysteries abound like Takahiro Sakurai's character, Yamato, and just JP overall; seems like Yamato's hiding something unless that's just my suspicion getting the better of me
HybridMBLApr 12, 2013 4:18 AM
Apr 11, 2013 11:58 AM

Jan 2013
Nice to see some demon fighting and some sort of resolve from Kuze and them.
Apr 11, 2013 12:08 PM

Aug 2010
I'm liking Hibiki. He didn't go into emo mode and got scared or anything. He just thought it out and decided to join :)

Liked the fight with Byakko hehe.

Nxt ep seems to have some interesting new characters, can't wait :D
Apr 11, 2013 12:12 PM
Mar 2013
It was an alright episode. I did expect a bit more action. But it was informative, and we got more information about what's actually happening.

Would've wanted Nikka and Hibiki to double team during that attacks from those skeleton flying things.

Good episode, to conclude.
Apr 11, 2013 12:17 PM

Jun 2012
Kinda meh so far. Demons arn't particularly convincing if they remind me of pokemon so far lol.
Apr 11, 2013 12:18 PM

Apr 2009
Pacing wasn't quite as bad, which was nice. I do hope they drop the thing with Io being a tearful ball of useless soon, though, especially since she wasn't like that at all in the game.
Apr 11, 2013 12:19 PM

Dec 2012
What? That dead phone summoning those demons

Apr 11, 2013 12:31 PM

May 2012
we have light vs. L, shinya vs. shougo.. now hibiki vs mono?
nothing special so far..

Apr 11, 2013 12:31 PM

Feb 2010
-GiaN- said:

If a person is weak then his own demons kill him and then they are allowed to free themselves, or something like that, they aren't really explained it correctly.

Also they changed nitta character a lot and in a bad way, she wasn't like that in the game, she was worried about her mother but she wasn't crying all the time.
Apr 11, 2013 12:46 PM

Dec 2011
We finally got more knowledge about JPs... and they finally come to accept the terms behind their power.

And it looks like Yamato is related to the white haired guy. Can't wait to see more establishment of the story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2013 12:51 PM

May 2011
So far it seems pretty alright, I'm enjoying that there's still much unknown about everything going on. I'm not really interested in the three leads aside from the friendship aspect. So far they feel like pretty typical lead types. I'm more curious about those involved in the JPs if anything.
Apr 11, 2013 12:56 PM

Aug 2012
For the moment definitely my favourite from this season (Although Valvavre, Railgun and HenNeko are still coming).
.................................................................................
Apr 11, 2013 1:13 PM

Aug 2012
Byakko and all that lighting was pretty cool. This was alright my one gripe is Daichi and his complaining

Apr 11, 2013 1:18 PM
Mar 2013
wasnt expecting to have any fights this episode but seems it has a little. Its fine the fights and storyline r okay
Apr 11, 2013 1:19 PM

Nov 2012
Like the game the beginning of the anime is somewhat more tense and "emotionless" so the whole thing not being that good is normal for the series,but when things get serious....
Apr 11, 2013 1:27 PM

Feb 2008
Good episode I like it, I thought his friend would back him up there but nothing happens.
I can't wait for the next episode. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 11, 2013 1:31 PM
Aug 2012
Vanisher said:
-GiaN- said:

If a person is weak then his own demons kill him and then they are allowed to free themselves, or something like that, they aren't really explained it correctly.

Also they changed nitta character a lot and in a bad way, she wasn't like that in the game, she was worried about her mother but she wasn't crying all the time.

I am starting to worry that they will ruin her character. If it is really just 13 episodes, i am afraid there won't be much character development at all.

Apr 11, 2013 1:33 PM

Jul 2011
-GiaN- said:

ikr. so pretty much these demons can be summoned if they are left turned on? orrr...

It was a meh episode. Took Hibiki 2 demon attacks to finally decide that his summoning power can help protect people.

I don't know if I like his character design or it just looks retarted with the look he always has on his face. I guess I like everything but his face.

But his friend, forgot his name, his design is flawless.
And Nitta of course is too.
Apr 11, 2013 1:35 PM

Jul 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Vanisher said:
-GiaN- said:

I am starting to worry that they will ruin her character. If it is really just 13 episodes, i am afraid there won't be much character development at all.

Why is it that they always try to make the girl look weak in these type of shounen anime. That;s why I tend to not watch them. Is it to make her male counterpart look manly, brave and strong?? pft...pathetic.

I just hope that this is the last episode that all she did was sit and cry.
Apr 11, 2013 1:38 PM

Nov 2011
Few chosen words for Io: Get your shit together, you are not only one whose life has made total u-turn.
Apr 11, 2013 1:44 PM
Jan 2012
I totally love this. Can't wait for next week!
Apr 11, 2013 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Vanisher said:
-GiaN- said:

I could've read the scene wrong, but didn't Makoto drive them past the area where Io lived (Ariake, the part past the Rainbow bridge/Minato Ward... Expressway Rt 11 that the show mentioned)? Between seeing all that smoke and hearing that something big happened there, I can't really blame her for being upset.
Apr 11, 2013 1:52 PM

Oct 2012
I'm not liking the characters so far. The girl and best friend are useless.
Apr 11, 2013 1:53 PM

Feb 2011
That was a pretty nice explanation episode . Can't wait for the next week , seems that there's going to e a lot of action.
Apr 11, 2013 2:00 PM

Nov 2011
rul said:

At least Daichi's bio and episode 1's events gives implication,that there is possibility,that he could be uselful when shit really hits the fan. Unlike Io, who prolly is in a corner crying and worrying about her mom.
Apr 11, 2013 2:02 PM

Jul 2009
this anime feels so stereotypical. its linear story makes it very hard to really immerse yourself.
i guess 1 more episode before i drop, heh.
Apr 11, 2013 2:18 PM
Jan 2013
i knew the later episodes will turn not like what i'll expect,
the 'epic' one will be the septentrione's fight, huh?
Apr 11, 2013 2:19 PM

Jun 2008
Freaking love the END!
Apr 11, 2013 2:19 PM

Apr 2013
transcendent12 said:
Kinda meh so far. Demons arn't particularly convincing if they remind me of pokemon so far lol.

Exactly! I thought of pokemon too XD ... but they do seem more badass imo >.<

so far, still observing but nonetheless it was an ok episode

characters and plot seem too stereotypical... I like Daichi though... he's funny at times
HidoiSanApr 11, 2013 2:31 PM
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Apr 11, 2013 2:32 PM

Jan 2012
Yamato reminded me of Gai from GC. And seems like he'll end up the same way being one of bad ones.

Good action anyway, even though the plot isn't that good for now.
Apr 11, 2013 2:33 PM

Jun 2010
Aaah~ It build up a lot of hype last episode that I had so much expectations for this episode. Ob well.

Daichi is annoying as crap.
Apr 11, 2013 2:37 PM
Oct 2011
I see we're already hitting the "main characters can't have real human emotions or reasonable reactions" point in these dicussions.

Io was perfectly justified in being shook up. Her parents are (most likely) dead, the world's being overrun by DEMONS and the world is gonna end in a few days. She has EVERY right to be upset.
Apr 11, 2013 2:38 PM

May 2011
Well, can't say I'm not disappointed with how this anime started. The pacing wasn't as bad as the last episode and the animation is still nice, but now I'm starting to dislike a couple characters. I had hopes for this anime too. (-_-)
Apr 11, 2013 3:01 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
YLK said:

Io was perfectly justified in being shook up. Her parents are (most likely) dead, the world's being overrun by DEMONS and the world is gonna end in a few days. She has EVERY right to be upset.

I agree, it's not like everyone reacts the same and can be strong during tough situations.

Haha the whole time in this episode I just keep thinking that Natsume and Rin are good friends :D Anyways, nice episode this week, I'm really liking the action scene and also the bgm...especially the bgm during the preview! Nothing much else to say about this episode since it's just getting started. I don't find any of the characters annoying (yet), they all seem very nice, and well, average. Nothing to dislike about them. And Daichi's not that useles..it's just that his character thing hasn't healed yet. That's not really his fault.
Apr 11, 2013 3:05 PM

Oct 2012
Onbuu said:
rul said:

At least Daichi's bio and episode 1's events gives implication,that there is possibility,that he could be uselful when shit really hits the fan. Unlike Io, who prolly is in a corner crying and worrying about her mom.

He did help out when he rammed the truck into that monster in episode 1. But the way he acted was weird, he was crazy and screaming.
Apr 11, 2013 3:10 PM

Sep 2010
Plain, lackluster, predictable, generic characters with overused cast...

Besides the good looks, there isnt much going for it...
I don't expect justice. I expect revenge, even if it solves nothing in the end.
I don't expect redemption. I expect decadence and self destruction.
I don't expect compassion. I expect selfishness.
I don't expect people making choices. I expect a cruel fate forced upon them.
Apr 11, 2013 3:14 PM

Jul 2010
Why is everyone whining about it not being "awesome"? We're on the 2nd episode, I know anime's where only the final 2 or just the final episode seems to have some action, give them some time to set up the story man. If they would've explained less then people would've been crying about the lack of good story telling. Just give it a few more episodes to fully develop, no anime is showing it's full potential in just 2 episodes, not even the 13 course ones.

As for Hibiki, am I really the only one who loves his character? It's finally not the wimpy 15 year old weak willed protagonist but also not the "I am going to change the world with my awesome powers", it's kind of a mix, and a damn good one too.
People always complain how anime is unrealistic, which is a stupid remark on it's own, but this episode showed a lot more natural character development than most shounen anime's I've seen.

He's a normal high school boy who's biggest worries (or not) are his exams. Just after he ran for his life after encoutering those strange demon like creatures (when, btw, he also was almost crushed by a train), he suddenly gets thrown into an apocalipse like situation. He receives some strange powers which he doesn't know anything about too, he's not even sure if the demons he summons will harm him or not. When he manages to survive the fight against Dubhe he and his 2 friends get taken away by some strange organisation and he's told he has the power to fight and help the world, otherwise it would collapse. I don't think it's that strange he isn't very convinced to fight at first, considering everything that happened in less than 2 days. No matter which anime, it's only normal for the main character(s) to hesistate at the begin. Don't try to tell me you'd be able to fght without having doubts, so why should they be able to?

The good thing abuot the story is, in my eyes, the fact he finds his resolve when he sees how bad the situation is for the helpless people who've lost their house, but whom also don't know anything about what's really happening, let alone have the power to defend themselves. Call it cliche but isn't something like that, seeing other people or people whom are close to you suffer, almost always the trigger (in anime but also in real life) which makes you decide to try your best and change the current situation for their sake? I don't see what's wrong about using the most common reason to fight in a story like this.
Of course I know it's a well known concept but most shounen anime's rush it with "oh no there's someone in danger, quick gotta defend them" and just like that in 2 minutes they manage to find the resolve to change the world >.> I rather have them spend almost an episode on it instead of using 2 minutes to change the whole character of the main character like they usually do.

Anyway I liked this episode a lot and even though the story line itself it's very different from the game, I think they're doing a good job at portraying their characters and I'm sure Daichi and Io will find their resolve soon too, considering they do so in the game as well.
Animefanx3Apr 11, 2013 3:19 PM
Apr 11, 2013 3:26 PM
May 2012
Almost similar to persona 4!
Hibiki is a all-round nice guy!
i hope he summons a few more powerful demons!
Apr 11, 2013 3:28 PM

Jan 2013
So they are following the manga...I guess it's fine.
People should stop complaining that Io is useless, any person that is worried about someone in that situation would cry and be depressed like her.
In the game

I actually don't remember her ever crying in the game, but since this is the animation, character have to show more emotion. Daichi and Hibiki aren't all worried because they were informed their families were taken to shelter, but Io knows nothing about her mom.

Finally Yamato has appeared *o*
The pacing got better too and things will get better in Nagoya, I really liked that day, I think it was the third one...
Please understand.
Apr 11, 2013 3:31 PM

May 2011
wow still no joe huh and judging by the preview we will see and might see

damn Bridges why must you ruin Io character
Apr 11, 2013 3:36 PM

Sep 2012
So we'll finally see
Apr 11, 2013 3:40 PM

Sep 2012
This anime really fails to grab my attention, there's just nothing going for it, the characters for example are generic as fuck. A very average anime so far.
Apr 11, 2013 3:41 PM
May 2012
Djisas said:
Plain, lackluster, predictable, generic characters with overused cast...

Besides the good looks, there isnt much going for it...

so what's your ideal anime?
can i have the honor of commenting on that!
at least watch till the end to make that comment!
well when they make sad endings then we say that it's too sad,i hate it so i will never watch it!
on the contrary if they have happy endings we say that it is too predictable! we live in a beautiful world don't we!
Apr 11, 2013 3:46 PM

Feb 2012
Oh boy, more characters jumping in from next week.

Loved the episode.
Apr 11, 2013 3:55 PM
Oct 2009
Dawn of the second day
144 hours remain
Apr 11, 2013 4:12 PM

Jan 2011
Well, it looks like taking shelter in a church isn't going to slow those demons down--I think those civilians need to look for a concrete bunker with steel doors rather than stained glass windows. I'm finding this a reasonably good effort since it is based on a game. We'll see if they develop the characters and relationships a bit more over the next couple of episodes.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 11, 2013 4:30 PM

Nov 2007
The people already knew about the enemy and the summoning, so they want those devil summoners to help out to save the earth.

Aftermath and more attack. This is the point where they decide.

More summoners next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 11, 2013 4:37 PM

Sep 2008
Well, it's interesting, although a bit predictable so far. I'll keep watching no doubt.

Also, I really like that ending.
I wish there was VN of this show, I'd read it in a heartbeat. Reminds me of FSN, not as good, but even being reminded of that VN is a great thing :)
Apr 11, 2013 4:40 PM

Jul 2012
I am really not liking all the changes from the game, I'll probably give it 1 more episode than drop it.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

259 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 12:07 PM

» Time Loop Theory (Game Spoilers)

Kaiser-chan - Jun 4, 2013

3 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

180 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:34 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

184 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2013

134 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.