Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 31, 2013 1:50 AM

Aug 2010
onto the last episode
Mar 31, 2013 2:03 AM

Sep 2010
Wish there was more Kengo. He's my favorite male character. D;
Mar 31, 2013 2:59 AM

Jan 2013
The beginning with that piano piece was such a nice scene :)

btw does someone know what the song is called for the piano part?
Mar 31, 2013 3:11 AM

May 2010
They did that rooftop scene pretty well considerin it from refrain's point of view(yup,i read spoilers,hahaha)..
Mar 31, 2013 3:19 AM

Mar 2012
Maximum Respect to Kengo..

It takes guts to just dive off the rooftop like that to save a person..
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Mar 31, 2013 3:33 AM

Nov 2009
Great Episode about last member of Little Busters!!!

Good to see Kengo's determination throughout this episode and the falling off roof scene with Miyuki Koshiki was decent.

Looking forward to final episode!!

5/5

Mar 31, 2013 3:56 AM

Aug 2011
Kengo has been my favorite character in Little Busters, and I glad to see he got a great adaption to his part to join the team. Miyuki Koshiki was done wonderful and though they made it so her action was due to her illness, I do recall that her lost her right eye due to an archery accident. Though either work in this case I guess.

That roar Kengo did as he leaped to catch Miyuki Koshiki got me back. I can't wait to see how it will be animated in the anime, and to be honest it is one of the moment I hope JC Staff won't fuck it up, or I will rage...

Either way, decent episode. Ended with some Kengo trying to overcome is struggle alongside with Rin to always give everything she got.

Mar 31, 2013 6:46 AM

Oct 2011
Contrary to some guys here had thought, I think quality wise this EP has won me in terms of smoothness, but its true the scene where Koshiki fell was truly awkward it feels like the animators missed polishing that sequence. I have no complains in the pacing and the use of BGMs here as for an anime, it was done quite well (VN will always be slowpaced regardless so it's pointless to expect the anime version to be at the same pacing or it'll be too boring to watch)

I'm a guy, and I'm straight, but I think Kengo looked hotter with his hair falling during the trial match :)

Rin's VA (Tomoe Tamiyasu) in the anime did her role way better than she did in the VN. from time to time she annoyed me in the VN(especially when she's shouting "boke") but in this case I found her voice much more appealing and cute
Mar 31, 2013 7:40 AM

Apr 2010
Again another example where the director failed to draw out the emotions of a scene with high potential it's just annoying how this happens time and time again.
Really this director should have stayed with comedy he just isn't fit for drama, what possessed JC Staff by picking him as director for Little Busters.

What i do like about this episode is that it's focused on Kengo's relationship with a girl for ones and not Riki's.
Mar 31, 2013 7:52 AM

Sep 2012
Aversa said:
Again another example where the director failed to draw out the emotions of a scene with high potential it's just annoying how this happens time and time again.
Really this director should have stayed with comedy he just isn't fit for drama, what possessed JC Staff by picking him as director for Little Busters.

What i do like about this episode is that it's focused on Kengo's relationship with a girl for ones and not Riki's.

I agree. After so many emotional episodes in this show, this one felt like it should have been really emotional but it was not. Too rushed and forced, introducing a new character barely before we see her fall off the roof for Kengo to show us his Shaolin monk like breakfall abilities.

I still enjoyed it but feel it could have been executed better.

But I am an anime only watcher. Seems the VN folks who knew the character liked it better? Or am I off base here?
Mar 31, 2013 8:00 AM

Jul 2011
Honestly, I lol'd when the teachers were yelling "dont worry about archery!!! you can still study and get good grades!!!"

Me: Who the hell want's to hear that when they are about to jump? lol
Mar 31, 2013 8:02 AM

Dec 2012
Just when it's getting to the main story, the anime almost ends :<

It will probably end this season with the baseball game vs the team captains :p
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Mar 31, 2013 8:51 AM
Aug 2012
hpulley said:
I agree. After so many emotional episodes in this show, this one felt like it should have been really emotional but it was not. Too rushed and forced, introducing a new character barely before we see her fall off the roof for Kengo to show us his Shaolin monk like breakfall abilities.

I still enjoyed it but feel it could have been executed better.

But I am an anime only watcher. Seems the VN folks who knew the character liked it better? Or am I off base here?

I suppose there might be a bit more tension with regard to the jumping scene (more time for the tension to hit home), but VN readers don't really know the character any better.

The girl isn't particularly important. She has no voiceover in the game, is tacked on just the same, and serves as a plot device to reveal something about Kengo. That's what the original event (and this episode) is about.

Edit: I suppose she can be compared to the lovesick student from a previous episode - made for a specific purpose and insignificant outside of that.
YerldMar 31, 2013 8:55 AM
Mar 31, 2013 10:34 AM
Feb 2013
If JC staff are altering some thing around then I think at Komaris route, they could of had a good chance to foreshadow Koshiki.

Mar 31, 2013 10:37 AM
Jun 2012
badgerkins said:
If JC staff are altering some thing around then I think at Komaris route, they could of had a good chance to foreshadow Koshiki.

That might have been a bit too much hinting though since I believe you only saw him in Komari's route if Komari was your first route because the Koshiki scene doesn't happen in the first playthrough only, all routes afterwards Kengo joins the team
Mar 31, 2013 10:51 AM
Feb 2013
lavanio said:
badgerkins said:

That might have been a bit too much hinting though since I believe you only saw him in Komari's route if Komari was your first route because the Koshiki scene doesn't happen in the first playthrough only, all routes afterwards Kengo joins the team

Well if you are right then thats is ok since Komaris route is the first in the anime.

And I think the anime has thrown us tons of hints that one extra like that would not hurt. Komaris route happens very early so by this episode, people would of forgotten about it but at least she could of had a mention earlier this way.

Of course, Riki would bring this up to Kengo but he can easily just feign ignorance.
Mar 31, 2013 10:59 AM

Jul 2010
polesp said:

"Parting of the Boys Piano Only"
Mar 31, 2013 10:59 AM
Oct 2012
polesp said:

That song is my favorite among Little Busters!'s songs, it's called The boys farewell (Piano version) Theres two versions but the other one is with a melodic line. Piano version is my favorite though. It has a special mention in Refrain...
Mar 31, 2013 11:28 AM

May 2010
I knew that I'll love Kengo episode since the begining :D He is real bro.
badgerkins said:
Anybody want some sexy Kengo?

Sexy bro I need to add, no one can't deny it <3

It's a bit shame that Koshiki doesn't have her own route. Her design is great and trying to help her with getting some confidence, would definitely

On the other side I can't image it, after all she plays important role for Kengo. So I guess it's after all better without her in the harem.
Btw. Did Kengo's training in the game last that long? I thought that they did it nicely in the anime, not like the boss who can do anything in an instant, but genius of the hard work (wait, wrong anime).
Mar 31, 2013 12:08 PM

Mar 2011
Tyrel said:
Neph-kun said:
Tyrel said:
Neph-kun said:
Tyrel said:
Neph-kun said:
Holy shit. I just discovered such a likely and earth-shattering realization to this.

ONLY READ IF YOU WATCHED EPISODE 25 FULLY AND ARE OKAY WITH AN EARTH-SHATTERING POSSIBILITY THAT WILL FOREVER CHANGE YOUR VIEWS ON THIS ANIME!!! I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING. IT DROVE ME TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT HERE JUST TO POST IT.

You're close, but not close enough. Only click spoiler if you actually wanna get spoiled

Don't tell me anymore besides this answer. I already want to preform self-brain surgery with a knife to forget. My curiosity hates me, I swear.

Mar 31, 2013 1:53 PM

Jul 2012
filas312 said:
Tyrel said:
Neph-kun said:
Tyrel said:
Neph-kun said:
Tyrel said:
Neph-kun said:
Holy shit. I just discovered such a likely and earth-shattering realization to this.

ONLY READ IF YOU WATCHED EPISODE 25 FULLY AND ARE OKAY WITH AN EARTH-SHATTERING POSSIBILITY THAT WILL FOREVER CHANGE YOUR VIEWS ON THIS ANIME!!! I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING. IT DROVE ME TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT HERE JUST TO POST IT.

You're close, but not close enough. Only click spoiler if you actually wanna get spoiled

Don't tell me anymore besides this answer. I already want to preform self-brain surgery with a knife to forget. My curiosity hates me, I swear.

Ugh, didn't wanted to open the spoilers, but I hope that
Mar 31, 2013 2:10 PM

Feb 2013
Looking forward to the last episode! Kengo was pretty cool this episode
Mar 31, 2013 3:54 PM

Sep 2011
The opening sequence was really well done and gets my hope up high for the second season.
Mar 31, 2013 4:07 PM

Sep 2012
As usual in those high school slice of life animes, adults are fucking useless. I have mixed feelings about this episode. The Kengo scene was good, but unfortunately, the random girl drama was way too rushed, and because of that, it feels like she is only a plot device to let Kengo join the LB team.
Mar 31, 2013 4:20 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, I actually felt a warm feeling with the characters. This episode was actually really great, even though koshiki's appearance was quite sudden. Starting to like Kengo a lot.
Mar 31, 2013 4:42 PM

Nov 2011
Vladz0r said:
Expectations were met for this episode. Faithful adaptation was faithful.
The foreshadowing was pretty strong this damn strong this episode.
They managed to do the scenes well without KyoAni animation, but unless they introduced Miyuki as an earlier character and made up extra things to her story, it wouldn't feel dramatic. It's pretty much only a bit dramatic to the VN readers. It was't dramatic in the VN either, but it's integral to Refrain.

They were pretty good at animating the detail with Kengo.
Super Refrain spoiler:

Mm overall it accomplished what it was supposed to.

Mikenzb said:
Not half bad, I dont see how they are gonna end this eries with 1 more episode left but something might happen i guess. well not a half bad episode anyways.

Season 2, don't worry, things will make sense later.

I don't think there will be a season 2. They rushed it all the way to the last episode. No way they are going to spend 12 episodes just on refrain that's pointless... All I can say is they rushed this series.
Mar 31, 2013 4:44 PM

Sep 2012
Rakoria said:

I don't think there will be a season 2. They rushed it all the way to the last episode. No way they are going to spend 12 episodes just on refrain that's pointless... All I can say is they rushed this series.

Rakoria said:
just on refrain

Rakoria said:
just

Rakoria said:
refrain

Not sure what your powerlevel is, honestly. I'm not sure if you're joking that there's no more material left to cover.

Anyway, there's Kurugaya's route, Rin's 2nd route, and Refrain is longer than all the other routes, and they could always add in parts from the common route they've skipped.
Vladz0rMar 31, 2013 4:49 PM
Mar 31, 2013 4:46 PM

Feb 2013
Vladz0r said:
Rakoria said:

Rakoria said:
just on refrain

Rakoria said:
just

Rakoria said:
refrain

Not sure what your powerlevel is, honestly. I'm not sure if you're joking that there's no more material left to cover.

I am so confused...
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 31, 2013 4:48 PM

Nov 2011
Vladz0r said:
Rakoria said:

Rakoria said:
just on refrain

Rakoria said:
just

Rakoria said:
refrain

From your earlier quote you said that there was going to be a second season. I'm positive they will just literally end it here or do some bullshit ending which will just get the audience to play the game to see the true end.
Mar 31, 2013 4:52 PM

Dec 2012
3.5/5

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, FINAL CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!

Ok, the emotions was very strong in this episode, finally we have the 9th Little Buster!.
But, I´m beggining to suspect Kyousuke. Or He is a wizard, or a clairvoyant, or I don´t know...

@Vladzor: So that was that famous girl Miyuki...

About Miyuki, I see her like a character who will have something important to do in the History...

But well, next week we´ll have to say "Bye, See you later" to our dear friends group. I really want the announcement at the end of 26...

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Mar 31, 2013 4:54 PM

Feb 2013
Rakoria said:
Vladz0r said:
Rakoria said:

Rakoria said:
just on refrain

Rakoria said:
just

Rakoria said:
refrain

From your earlier quote you said that there was going to be a second season. I'm positive they will just literally end it here or do some bullshit ending which will just get the audience to play the game to see the true end.

There is almost no way this is going to be the case, just read the other threads, there are so many references to it continuing.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 31, 2013 5:03 PM

Nov 2011

Gotta say you got the info so I admit you're correct. I was more into my intuition. Thanks for the correction. Played the VN thought it was going to be over once Ricki realizes what the world really is guess I didn't expect they would actually go more in debt oh well.
Mar 31, 2013 5:14 PM

Sep 2012
Rakoria said:

Gotta say you got the info so I admit you're correct.

Rakoria said:

Gotta say

Rakoria said:

you're correct.

Thx I still love you
Mar 31, 2013 5:29 PM

Mar 2012
Sorry if this is out of topic but can somebody please pm me a DL link for the VN and of course with English patch, thanks in advance..

@EDIT: DLing the Perfect Edition atm..
Claude_KennyMar 31, 2013 6:08 PM
Keep moving forward
Mar 31, 2013 5:35 PM
Feb 2013
2easy4AgEnT said:
Sorry if this is out of topic but can somebody please pm me a DL link for the VN and of course with English patch, thanks in advance..

Try this bro.

http://fuwanovel.org/novels/21

Have fun :]
Mar 31, 2013 5:53 PM

Jun 2009
What a badass! Kengo..

Badass as hell.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2013 5:57 PM

Nov 2011
Mar 31, 2013 6:27 PM

Aug 2012
SetsukoHara said:
As usual in those high school slice of life animes, adults are fucking useless. I have mixed feelings about this episode. The Kengo scene was good, but unfortunately, the random girl drama was way too rushed, and because of that, it feels like she is only a plot device to let Kengo join the LB team.

That is because she is just indeed a plot device as far as I remember just like the boy that had a love sick. You won't be seeing her anytime soon. Perhaps, she'll only appear for a few seconds in one episode next season.
Mar 31, 2013 8:01 PM

Jun 2012
julyan04 said:
SetsukoHara said:

That is because she is just indeed a plot device as far as I remember just like the boy that had a love sick. You won't be seeing her anytime soon. Perhaps, she'll only appear for a few seconds in one episode next season.

Yeah, she at least appeared a little bit before the rooftop scene in the VN. That's what bugs me about this. JC Staff just threw her in as a plot device. She does make an appearance in Refrain though.

2easy4AgEnT said:

@EDIT: DLing the Perfect Edition atm..

1. It's called Google
2. Perfect Edition is not translated. If you want to play the VN in full English glory, the best option is to get the original version (Not ME, EX, or PE).
Mar 31, 2013 9:16 PM

Feb 2013
julyan04 said:
SetsukoHara said:

I wish they did it the same as with Suginami-san, where she shows up once in a while.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 31, 2013 9:26 PM

Jan 2013
Pandita088 said:
polesp said:

"Parting of the Boys Piano Only"

Irustua said:

That song is my favorite among Little Busters!'s songs, it's called The boys farewell (Piano version) Theres two versions but the other one is with a melodic line. Piano version is my favorite though. It has a special mention in Refrain...

Thank you two :D The music is so beautiful, i also like the song that plays when you leave the title menu on for a while in the VN, the music is one of the best thing with little busters :D
Mar 31, 2013 10:03 PM

Sep 2012
VN spoiler regarding Miyuki, slight Refrain spoiler as well

Miyuki's suicide attempt does feel rushed in the anime, and because of the nature of the VN format which reminds you every time you replay the common route, it just can't be done quite the same in the anime.

However, I feel like the event that refers back to Miyuki in Refrain will still serve its purpose, so long as
Mar 31, 2013 10:33 PM

Oct 2010
next week is the last episode! O.o

damn... kengo is pretty sexy with his hair down...
Mar 31, 2013 11:05 PM

Sep 2012
Atikal said:

damn... kengo is pretty sexy with his hair down...

Mar 31, 2013 11:16 PM

Jan 2013
Nice episode, I especially like the effort they put into the animations for this one.
Mar 31, 2013 11:48 PM

Dec 2011
i have given it the sweet time it has taken and i have to say, this show has grown on me so much. i can't wait for this "refrain" i've read so much about.
Apr 1, 2013 3:10 AM

Jan 2013
Yay! We finally got to see some Kengo action as well as animated Koshiki.
The anime-only parts were quite commendable.

It's really a shame that the season is ending soon... Cant wait for Refrain...
Apr 1, 2013 3:22 AM

Sep 2012
KeyIsLove said:
julyan04 said:
SetsukoHara said:

Yeah, she at least appeared a little bit before the rooftop scene in the VN. That's what bugs me about this. JC Staff just threw her in as a plot device. She does make an appearance in Refrain though.

>Implying she wasn't a plot device in the VN.

Not sure why people are hating on this episode; I thought it was fine. Although Kengo was supposed to get a home run hit on the first go!
Apr 1, 2013 6:27 AM

Mar 2011
Gar for Kengo?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

759 by WheatIey »»
Oct 12, 2023 2:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.