Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 13, 2008 10:44 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy crap, it's a nation of clones! Seriously great episode! It had more elements and was better than the previous one.

Good to see Komoe sensei again since it has been a while I did not see her.

The blood scene of the clone scarred me. Kowai.

Accelerator is cool as usual! The episode starts with him and Misaka (clone) fighting each other (just like in the manga :3). The fight was rather done well compared to the manga but I still find the gore better than the manga however they did pretty good in the anime for the surprised shock. I found that during the whole scene where Touma discovers the cadaver of Miasaka covered in blood (that mindfucked me) the music/the suspense were very good!

The fight with Accelerator makes you see exactly how and why I like Accelerator. Allow me to eleborate on the three attacks of Misaka.

1-------->Misaka and her machine gun firing. Useless all the bullets did not even hurt Accelerator, they got stopped before they reach him and he reflects back at where one would aim at him. As a result Misaka got shot back and if not dodged properly would have gotten head shot.

2-------->Misaka throwing the machine gun at Accelerator just made him stop the gun before it reaches him and completely put into pieces, which I am surprised because he could have thrown it back at Misaka for further damage.

3-------->Misaka using the original's powers (electircal attack) of Misaka Mikoto only failed like the bullets, yes! yes! Accelerator just takes it like a man and reverses its flow which shocked Misaka instead. That is how Accelerator is amazing to me He is pure love evil!

Seriously after the fight I never would think that they made the whole gore scene so good and scary. Here is why Touma first seeing the show then the music along with this, the flow change when he sees more blood such as around the walls, then the music becoming even more suspenseful until he see the bloody body. Now that was great directing. Perhaps I say this since I just got into anime but it is my opinion.

Touma calling the whole police/ambulance brigade just made him a fool as the body is not there anymore and all the blood is gone. Most shocking Misaka has multiple clones called "Sisters" and in fact there are many many Misakas. That is why I said at first Holy crap clone nation!

I was glad to see that teacher Komoe like I stated earlier that is because she is loli/she is cute/she was not around for some time/she is drinking beer and eating/she is too cute once again. Himegami being there is cool. This is also the first time she is at Komoes' house. The place reminded me what happened in episode 6.

Index was so funny at that scene. The door banging on her and then she is showing Sphinx, now that was cute and funny. Sure a relief for mindscrew up of the first part.

Touma then goes to give the cat back to the original Misaka Mikoto but she is not home and guess who answers. Of course it the onee-chan of Mikoto, Kuroko the teleportation esper. Now she was funny with her reactions to Touma, especially when the superintendent came. She then hides Touma under the bed and to my surprise Touma finds a wrecked Teddy bear with the most shocking thing I find out in this series:

Now that caught by surprise until I figured out it must be a secret not revealed until now since Touma found the papers that contain the statements to prove this.

5/5 and series is definitely getting better!

1.Holy crap clone Nation!
2.Accelerator! Max evil

1.Cute Komoe
2.Cute Kuroko
3.The shocker of the episode.
In spoiler
slayer545-samaDec 14, 2008 1:36 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 14, 2008 4:45 PM

Dec 2007
nice episode but i was expecting fight with Accelerator so i ended up disapointed....its sucks :P...i didnt read manga so i dont know how it went....well anyhow nice ep.....but there could be mor Toume fighting...but the conversation that had Touma with Kuroko :P...i am starting to like that girl more and more XD....
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Dec 14, 2008 5:27 PM

May 2008
heres a warning: DO NOT WATCH THE SUKISUBS version. It's pretty bad. There are bad grammar errors(english grammar) before the intro even starts and they're raw seems to include the comercials... also terrible quality so yeah don't watch it

Dec 14, 2008 6:09 PM
Jun 2007
godoftheds said:
heres a warning: DO NOT WATCH THE SUKISUBS version. It's pretty bad. There are bad grammar errors(english grammar) before the intro even starts and they're raw seems to include the comercials... also terrible quality so yeah don't watch it

Just did. Well, I could care less about the commercials, and the english is fine. Though my only concern is the quality.

ANYWAYS. That was a great episode. I never expected the clone thing. Looking forward for the next episode.
Dec 14, 2008 6:18 PM

Nov 2008
Salathiel said:
nice episode but i was expecting fight with Accelerator so i ended up disapointed....its sucks :P...i didnt read manga so i dont know how it went....well anyhow nice ep.....but there could be mor Toume fighting...but the conversation that had Touma with Kuroko :P...i am starting to like that girl more and more XD....

Yeah Kuroko is hot in this episode and I though the fight with Accelerator was better than the manga but you did not read it so it's ok but still Accelerator is far worse than the Izzard the alchemist. Way way worse.
Dec 14, 2008 10:03 PM

Aug 2008
Wahaha! Horror!
First half was really good, second not so much, but still OK. Looking forward to next week's.
Not enough Himegami. She's had very little screentime. Although the "I'm hungry-"*SLAM* scene was epic LOLs.

EDIT: I think we can expect a new OP & ED soon :,( Seeing as we've already met all the characters displayed in them, and TAMnI seems to have a fairly fast cast turnover (Aureolus, Kanzaki).

godoftheds said:
I did. Japanese advertisements sure are interesting (and short, which is good).
slayer545-sama said:
... Accelerator is far worse than the Izzard the alchemist. Way way worse.
Bad badguys are good. Err...
JadeMatrixDec 14, 2008 10:06 PM
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 14, 2008 10:05 PM

Nov 2007
Not the greatest episode, plot movement was slow considering the amount of time available ><, but wow so they're military clones, and are used in order to make the accelerator stronger?
Dec 15, 2008 12:28 AM

Jun 2008
Drengot said:
godoftheds said:

Just did. Well, I could care less about the commercials, and the english is fine. Though my only concern is the quality.

ANYWAYS. That was a great episode. I never expected the clone thing. Looking forward for the next episode.

You actually thought the English was fine? O_o
I watched the first scene with that grammatical error and quit.
Dec 15, 2008 5:36 AM

Aug 2008
Fragile_Melody said:
Drengot said:
godoftheds said:
... bad grammar errors(english grammar) ...
... english is fine.

Just goes to prove I don't actually read the subs... I didn't notice.

Dec 15, 2008 7:00 AM

Dec 2007
JadeMatrix said:
Fragile_Melody said:
Drengot said:
godoftheds said:
... english is fine.

Just goes to prove I don't actually read the subs... I didn't notice.

i dont red them too....i quite understand japanesse so its ok XD.....
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Dec 15, 2008 7:58 AM

Aug 2008
Salathiel said:
JadeMatrix said:
Fragile_Melody said:
Drengot said:
godoftheds said:
... english is fine.

... English was fine? O_o

... I don't actually read...

i dont red them too....i quite understand japanesse so its ok XD.....
For me, I don't know Japanese*. As long as the general meaning is there, bad grammar/bad translations don't really register with my speed-reading.

* Though I plan to learn eventually. Imported anime/manga is so much cheaper...

Dec 15, 2008 8:11 AM

Aug 2008
Agent Smith?

Some nice Himegami character development. But still, commercials left in one of the releases were more interesting than this episode.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 15, 2008 12:42 PM

Feb 2008
Oh crap. MISAKA's everywhere.
This is interesting.

More Loli teacher again. With beer...
That's just so wrong.... T_T

But lol @ Index
Dec 15, 2008 12:53 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

Le sigh~

Good episode, didn't expect to see so many MISAKAs. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
cyruzDec 15, 2008 1:09 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 15, 2008 12:56 PM

Aug 2008
What a boring episode. I wonder if this guy has any tangential relation to Index?? Of course that's hypothetical, since I'm pretty sure he does.
Dec 15, 2008 2:35 PM
Dec 2007
Well, nothing happened in this episode so I can't really comment on it. I thought that Misaka would be an interesting character but I guess I'll have to wait for the next episode to decide on that.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 15, 2008 2:47 PM

Dec 2007
Not really much happened this time around, though it was quite a good episode. We'll probably have a fight with Accelerator next episode. I'm looking forward to it.
Dec 15, 2008 3:00 PM

Jul 2008
Accelerator can change the direction of vectors? That's some hardcore shit.

Oh, why hello there.
Dec 15, 2008 3:01 PM

May 2007
Damn stupid cliffhanger. Every time!!! Without fail!!! Gah!!

Anyway, they spent a bit too much time in the episode with conversation that really didn't need to be inserted (a la the convo about how Misaka's roommate is living there. I'm pretty sure the viewer can deduce how it was to be).

Anyway, I'm pretty psyched about this arc and would be about the next episode. But I have a feeling the next episode is going to end once the action starts, so in essence, we'll have to wait two weeks for some good battling.
Dec 15, 2008 3:24 PM

Nov 2008
Factor said:

Oh, why hello there.

Yes! Sexy Kuroko right there! :D

cyruz said:

Guess I am not the only one who liked that clone scene. :D
Guess we have all the screen caps: Index/Accelerator/Clones/Kuroko
:D
Great discussion you guys! :D
Dec 15, 2008 4:21 PM

Oct 2008
I wished for more Misaka, and this happens. I didn't expect that!

I thought it was a very busy episode. I loved the contrast between the ordinary and extraordinary, and of course I love the extreme cuteness. The next episode can't come soon enough!

I'm watching the Eclipse HD version, and it's absolutely gorgeous quality.
Dec 15, 2008 4:38 PM

Sep 2007
Why would anyone want to watch any other subs other than Eclipse? They do a pretty damn good job at it and aren't slow.

I was hoping for more lulz comedy from MISAKA and meido girl but this episode just had too much talking again.
Dec 15, 2008 5:08 PM

Aug 2008
Wasabi said:
Why would anyone want to watch any other subs other than Eclipse?
One word:

Streamz.

Dec 15, 2008 5:56 PM

Dec 2007
slow episode
but the anime has caught up w/ the manga scanlations.
i suspect a good chunk of us are now into the unknown =D
Dec 15, 2008 5:58 PM

Feb 2008
haha that is the equal of having an immortal soul. if you can have an infinite amount of bodies to share a mind with.
Dec 15, 2008 6:44 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
kisami said:
haha that is the equal of having an immortal soul. if you can have an infinite amount of bodies to share a mind with.

other than the fact that you have suffer hundreds of cruel and painful death by the hand of Accelerator (i.e. reversing your blood flow)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 15, 2008 8:43 PM

Jun 2007
wakka9ca said:
kisami said:

other than the fact that you have suffer hundreds of cruel and painful death by the hand of Accelerator (i.e. reversing your blood flow)

or the fact that once the real you dies all the others will too. They're not really immortal their just clones.
Dec 15, 2008 9:10 PM

Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:
wakka9ca said:
kisami said:
... an infinite amount of bodies...

.... hundreds of cruel and painful death...

or the fact that once the real you dies all the others will too. They're not really immortal their just clones.
They all have the original's power, just (I assume) to a lesser extent — that's what they use to link. MISAKA might as well be a collective consciousness, but it's separate from the original. So even if Mikoto dies, they can continue to produce MISAKAs.

Dec 15, 2008 9:43 PM
Mar 2008
They try to make things so intense when it's not even close to intense at all. At least there are cute chicks all over the place.
Dec 15, 2008 10:58 PM

Jan 2008
I was actually hoping for a much better cliffhanger at the end. You know, like the manga.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 16, 2008 12:16 AM

Aug 2007
J.C.Staff sure doesn't miss a beat when it comes to fanservice. While the Mikochin service is much, much appreciated on this end, wow that's close to being guro there...

I for one am waiting for the eventual Touma vs Accelerator battle. They need to ease into it, perhaps episode 14?

Use your skillz and bag Shirai too Touma! This is your chance to expand your harem to include middle-school girls who may or may not be lesbians! xD
Dec 16, 2008 12:39 AM

Nov 2007
unknown level six, what. i wonder if he will be that unknown level considering his mysterious power. also why was the vampire girl just suddenly living with sensei.
Dec 16, 2008 12:53 AM

Nov 2008
crazy_eights said:
unknown level six, what. i wonder if he will be that unknown level considering his mysterious power. also why was the vampire girl just suddenly living with sensei.

Because Index most likely introduced her to Himegami as a safe place.
Dec 16, 2008 1:44 AM

Aug 2007
Episode was really slow and a little boring. It seems that reading the chapter from the manga was more interesting since it only took me to read in like 3-5 minutes, than watching 20 minutes of it.
Dec 16, 2008 4:52 AM

Jul 2008
hmm makes me wonder what the other lvl5 looks like. but this guy in insane, want to watch how he fights with touma.

Dec 16, 2008 6:46 AM

Aug 2008
crazy_eights said:
Touma doesn't have that much room in his apartment.

Dec 16, 2008 9:22 AM

Aug 2007
Mmm, I like Kuroko. She's sexy.
Dec 16, 2008 10:59 AM

Jul 2007
Factor said:

Oh, why hello there.

I'D TAP THAT! XD

damn all the girls here are hawt. damn you touma!
Dec 16, 2008 1:31 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, the clones scene was a bit surprising. So they make Accelerator fight to become a lelvel 6 esper ? That's really... not right ^^

And i laughed a lot at Index knocking the door to get some food ;)
Dec 16, 2008 3:21 PM
Nov 2007
Something isn't right with this picture but I cant put my finger on it

Dec 16, 2008 3:33 PM

Jan 2008
So if you one MISAKA to like you then... BOOM! Instant Harem!
Dec 16, 2008 8:05 PM

May 2007
That was quite the freaky scene with the clones, and the guy who reversed the blood was neat, I can't wait for Touma to fight him.
My anime list
Dec 17, 2008 3:07 PM
Nov 2007
I dont know whether Accelerator is evil or just an asshole
Dec 17, 2008 6:26 PM
Dec 2007
Cortez321 said:
I dont know whether Accelerator is evil or just an asshole
Maybe both? I just want to know more meaty details about this level 6 creation plan and who's behind it. Plus want to see the inevitable Accelerator vs Touma fight. But I'm thinking Mikoto might get a taste of combat before Touma does.

Dec 17, 2008 9:09 PM

Aug 2008
Touma fought Accelerator since he doesn't like Misaka being abused much. IMHO.

Dec 17, 2008 11:02 PM

Jul 2008
Seeing and understanding Accelerators abilities was pretty sweet, but a rather fluff type of episode.
Dec 18, 2008 10:43 AM
Sep 2007
I'm still troubled by Touma's memory loss and way of dealing with it.

Dunno, but shouldn't a person be more troubled by such a loss of memories? Why does Touma, most of the time, seem like he doesn't give a shit? Ugh -
Dec 18, 2008 10:46 AM

Aug 2008
roysen said:
I'm still troubled by Touma's memory loss and way of dealing with it.

Dunno, but shouldn't a person be more troubled by such a loss of memories? Why does Touma, most of the time, seem like he doesn't give a shit? Ugh -
It's realistic. If someone gets a memory wipe, then is told what they're supposed to remember, it's not going to have much emotional impact on them, simply because they don't actually remember.

EDIT: ugh, I keep spelling it 'remeber' >.<
JadeMatrixDec 18, 2008 11:46 AM

Dec 18, 2008 11:33 AM

Aug 2008
I diasgree Jade Matrix, I think that you'll see with people who are in the early stages of Altzheimer's, where they are aware that they have forgotten people and places and things, when they are confronted with something they have forgotten, it is very distressing and mentally exhausting. I think it is a testament to crappy writing, trying to make Touma a blank slate that makes his laisse faire attitude disturbing. I can't think of many cases, in TV, anime, or movies where a character has lost his memory and taken it as well as Touma. It's just lazy writing.
Dec 18, 2008 11:44 AM

Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
I diasgree Jade Matrix, I think that you'll see with people who are in the early stages of Altzheimer's, where they are aware that they have forgotten people and places and things, when they are confronted with something they have forgotten, it is very distressing and mentally exhausting. I think it is a testament to crappy writing, trying to make Touma a blank slate that makes his laisse faire attitude disturbing. I can't think of many cases, in TV, anime, or movies where a character has lost his memory and taken it as well as Touma. It's just lazy writing.
Counter-disagree. People with Alzheimer's have selective memory loss. I'm talking about a total loss of a period of time (usually caused by amnesia). In Touma's case, he lost the past few weeks (or more?) completely, thus he didn't have a feeling that he was forgetting something (probably felt like he was unconscious for the entire time).

Of course, if it was me, I hope I'd be Genre Savvy enough to immediately accept what I'm told and fabricate the necessary emotions. Hope it never happens — amnesia sux.
JadeMatrixDec 18, 2008 11:50 AM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 15, 2008

146 by whitebeartigtig »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

200 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 4:40 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2008

151 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 3:50 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 25, 2008

157 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 18, 2008

159 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 24, 2:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.