Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 26, 2014 1:06 AM

Aug 2012
Better than most Naruto movies, but still awful because Sakura is one of the most annoying characters ever, and Naruto still gets treated like trash.
Jul 28, 2014 12:51 AM

Jul 2008
Its better than your typical shounen movie, however I just really enjoyed this one. I liked Naruto with his parents, I liked how Sakura had to walk a mile in Naruto's shoes and I liked Kyuubi vs Kyuubi.

Yes there was a lack of action in this one, but this was meant to be a more personal. emotional movie, I liked what they did.

Despite the movie's shortcomings I still give it an 8/10. This could fit right in with the manga series.
Jul 28, 2014 7:20 PM

Dec 2011
Not sure why they made Sakura's character so deliberately dense and insensitive in the film (Ranting to Naruto how much she hates her parents and wishes them gone, really?). Seemed out of character for her Shippuden self and more like her pre-Shippuden self. Anyway, liked it less than the other Naruto movies, though it was touching.
Aug 6, 2014 11:43 AM

Apr 2007
aawww man this is the first time I've seen what happened to Naruto's parents. So heartbreaking ;_;

This movie had a few typical elements that most shounen movies do (kidnap & rescue, that one bad guy), but there was still plenty that kept me interested. It's a shame they didn't expand on the rest of the characters having opposite personalities since it was really amusing. Except Kiba...that was creepy. Though I understand this was more about Naruto and his family stuff, which I did love.
Aug 20, 2014 2:31 PM
Jun 2014
So apparently Road to Ninja is going to be showing in theaters out in the U.S. I really want to go check it out. I have already seen it before but seeing it in a theater just seems so right. They've made a big list of all of the theaters that are going to be showing it too.

http://www.elevenarts.net/th_gallery/naruto-roadtoninja/

Apparently if enough people say that they're going on the Facebook event pages for it they'll have some kind of poster giveaway.

https://www.facebook.com/elevenarts/events
haruko_chiyaAug 20, 2014 3:20 PM
Sep 28, 2014 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
Soren333 said:
tsudecimo said:

Exactly. I think most of the people who didn't enjoy this movie, just don't care for the emotional aspect of the series.

I personally I'm so glad that this was a ''feels'' movie, than one focused on an episodic action story.

Same here.

I love the emotional stuff.

Exactly *.*
Such an awesome movie XD

One of the main reasons:

The other main reason:

Ahahaha just kidding (or am I?)

Anyway, I loved all the emotions here and the plot was quite solid and, this time, more related to the main anime's story (Another plan to capture the Kyuubi).

Loved all the former genins acting weird (Ino so much more KAWAII *.*) and loved how Naruto and Sakura switched places there. I was so happy for Naruto when he found his parents *.*
Also, the action was pretty good too

But, my favourite part was the last two minutes or so when Iruka was wating for Naruto at this home. Too bad I had something in my eye right in that part...

Epic movie for sure.
removed-userSep 28, 2014 11:11 AM
Nov 14, 2014 12:45 PM

Jan 2014
Saskee said:
Great movie 9/10.In my opinion the best movie so far.
Nov 23, 2014 1:14 PM

Jan 2013
her parents were right, sakura sucks.
Nov 24, 2014 8:20 PM

Sep 2013
To me, this is the second best of the naruto's movies that i have seen. I wanted to give it a9 but an 8 will due because of the following:

IF NARUTO already had beaten pain before the movie, and even in the movie they mention it, why was the 'real' Konoha not destroyed? everything seemed normal to me, it didn't look like it was reconstructed. That is what is bothering me.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Dec 6, 2014 8:22 PM

Jan 2011
Eh, it should have shown the alternate world counterparts some more.

Also we've already had a Naruto character named Menma.

Before anyone says that's just filler, so was this.
Dec 15, 2014 12:58 PM

Dec 2012
I liked this movie, it was really very nice from the mental point of view. It showed really well that we wouldn´t like most of the things we sometimes wish for to happen. It was only logical that Naruto felt how he did, who wouldn´t like to get the lives of their dead parents back? On the other hand, Sakura was acting really weird and the argument betwean she and her parents wasn´t natural.
Dec 24, 2014 8:13 PM
May 2012
Seriously, this movie just deserves a better animation!!
Hinata and her voice was hot :3 LOL at hentai Neji and Sai's painting ahahaha.
Tsunade was kawaii, and Shizune was *o* Guy and Kakashi reversed ahahaha.
Naruto with Kushina and Minato ;_; Sakura finally realizes the importance of her parents~
Must be awesome to have Akatsuki at your side. Kyuubi vs Kyuubi!! Naruto rasengan'ed Menma the Minato way!!
Naruto's speech before returning ;_; Iruka waiting at the end ;_; Iruka is <3
Well, now that I have finished this, I'll just have to wait for "The Last" and "Naruto Movie 2015". I will watch the Rock Lee SD next year~
Well, time for me to sleep now. Look at the time. I didn't felt sleepy while watching this, though. To all the people complaining about the lack of action, that is because the moral lesson is more important here. Thank you ^^
Jan 13, 2015 8:34 AM

Aug 2010
I thought this was a fun film. The concept was very interesting, and the personality switches were fun.

Also, a surprising amount of emotion for a Jump film. I got the feels, as the kids say.

The climax was a bit underwhelming, but ah well.

4/5
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jan 17, 2015 5:13 AM
Dec 2011
this is a epic movie....every moment of it is filled with entertainment....never have i enjoyed action this much ,,,, every fight is unexpected and ended with a bang.... i have never cried this much this is my 4th time i am watching this epic movie and every time i finish it i feel happy appreciating life more and the things you have...

i mean the pain Naruto feels is unbearable so many times i felt giving Naruto a great big hug without uttering a word. in this movie you can feel exactly how Naruto feels and it bonds you with Naruto even more and that's why this movie is so special and when its over it make's you miss Naruto even more than you ever did ... Naruto is a great hero their will one like Naruto that's why we love him so much..... because he never give up no matter what you get this lesson more strongly in this movie than ever before this movie is a one of a kind masterpiece :3
Feb 9, 2015 7:49 AM

Jul 2011
lol I think this movie is exactly like the Lost Tower concept-wise. Still a good watch tough.
7/10.
Feb 9, 2015 7:56 AM

Dec 2012
Jose07 said:
To me, this is the second best of the naruto's movies that i have seen. I wanted to give it a9 but an 8 will due because of the following:

IF NARUTO already had beaten pain before the movie, and even in the movie they mention it, why was the 'real' Konoha not destroyed? everything seemed normal to me, it didn't look like it was reconstructed. That is what is bothering me.

Because the movie is not canon bro. It can't be placed in the current timeline of the story.

Most Jump movies are the same in that aspect.
Feb 15, 2015 7:44 PM

Sep 2013
tsudecimo said:

Because the movie is not canon bro. It can't be placed in the current timeline of the story.

What is canon? i tried looking it up and the company that makes cameras showed up
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Feb 15, 2015 11:54 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Jose07 said:
tsudecimo said:

What is canon? i tried looking it up and the company that makes cameras showed up

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Canon

Hope this helps :)
Feb 16, 2015 1:09 AM

Dec 2012
I think that would confuse him more.

Jose07 said:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64123114
Apr 12, 2015 6:46 PM
Feb 2011
6/10

The feely stuff made it bearable.

Why the hell is the whole village ignoring Naruto in the real world in this movie?
Why the hell is movie!Sakura acting like such a brat? Naruto has all the excuses in the world to be petulant, she has fucking none. Oh, boo hoo, my mom won't let me live like a slob so my life is horrible.

It's like they'll find any excuse for some character to treat Naruto like shit. Is that the moral? Only someone who takes loads of shit from his "friends" and famliy will be able to stop the hatred in this world? Give Naruto a fucking cookie.

So alt!Sakura got pushed into the real world, "Memna" got pushed into an alternate identity; so where the hell did the real Tobi go? Is he just dead? Then why hasn't Akatsuki "achieved world peace" yet without his interference? Where's Danzou? Why didn't Pain assist his sensei?

Hinata was not tsundere, just badass. She def needed more screen time. Best movie of the bunch?! Are you guys RUI(Rating Under the Influence)? This is why the rating on so many anime/manga are so unreliable.

(/rant)
Jun 9, 2015 10:35 PM
Jan 2015
It was ok, it's better than watching Blood Prison. And I like the RTN Hinata, showing Sakura who's stronger.
Aug 18, 2015 8:53 AM
Apr 2014
I liked it a lot. Just know it is not canon and you won't have to scratch your head about the plot holes and just enjoy it for what it is. See, The Last? This is how you do a movie about feelings. This is certainly the most interesting Naruto movie, the only one that actually adds something to the story.
Aug 31, 2015 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
It was defiantly the most interesting Naruto movie so far, loved seeing everyone's personality flipped.
Not my favorite Naruto movie, but it was good none the less.

Hinata got the short end of the stick in this one. Lol
Nov 1, 2015 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
I haven't enjoyed Naruto this much since I watched the original series 10 years ago. There were so many emotional scenes. I was in tears.

9/10
Nov 5, 2015 11:33 PM

Mar 2008
Very lovely naruto movie! I love it!
Nov 6, 2015 4:26 PM

Aug 2014
This was so good. Best movie so far.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Aug 12, 2016 2:49 PM
Mar 2015
This is probably one of my favorite Naruto movies out there!

Highlight: The alternate world turned best girl Hinata from shy Kudere to a sexy Yandere. I was not mad from this change...
Sep 17, 2016 12:08 PM

Nov 2015
This is the first Naruto Movie I watch, and gosh, I cried SO MUCH with it (literally, everytime Kushina and Minato appeared, or when Naruto remembered his past or was happy for being with his parents or remembered his real parents, or when Sakura re encountered her parents, SPECIALLY WHEN IRUKA WELCOMED NARUTO HOME!!!!!)!! Though I watched the first 45 minutes a few days before, I finished it today and it was great :D
It was easy to say the masked man was the "Other World Naruto", as it has his exact same voice :O
Oh, and for everyone who is wondering where the "Other World Sakura" is, then I recommend you go check out episode 271 of Naruto Shippuden. I always knew Naruto fillers were worth watching!! ;)

Hahaha, I just love Naruto so much <3
May 19, 2017 10:22 AM

Jan 2013
What the hell was that? What was the point of this film?
Ok, the idea is brilliant but the result? .... 3/10
-----------
At least Hinata, Neji and Sai were pretty hilarious. I laughed at scenes with them. sadly no Sakura
The ending with Iruka was cute and adorable is you ask me.
thatPinkSpiderMay 19, 2017 10:30 AM

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Sep 29, 2017 12:30 PM
Aug 2017
give it 9/10
that ending scene with iruka n naruto ;A;
Nov 3, 2017 2:56 PM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Weak film!!
2 of the 3 bests in moments are two flashbacks from the series TV!!
the rhythm is slow and boring, although to the end of the film all start to be better, everything becomes very predictable!!!
To my taste the worst film of this smiling ninja!!!
Feb 3, 2018 10:53 AM

Sep 2012
Wow, I cried both times Naruto walked in and said "tadaima" T^T The reverse world gag was pretty hilarious, and I liked all the time we got to spend with Minato and Kushina. Without a doubt my favorite Naruto movie yet!

Also, I would be so much happier if we had playboy Sasuke in the series instead of the real one.
Nov 4, 2018 10:16 AM

Dec 2013
Not bad movie. I'd say it'sone of the best of Naruto movies.
It was pretty emotional at times. I really felt sorry for Naruto here.
May 31, 2020 11:49 AM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Man, the feels in this movie are real! Naruto entering his house and Iruka-sensei welcoming him with a surprise (double) birthday party was the second activation for my tear glands, and the first being the backstory of Minato & Kushina's deaths.

First 20-25 minutes seeing the different versions of the characters and the bath scene, in particular, were really fun to watch. Wild Hinata was a special treat, I must say.

Sakura going through like a demo version of Naruto's daily life was an interesting concept and it emphasized on Naruto's struggle in the process.

Minato, Kushina and Naruto/Menma scenes were undoubtedly some of the most heartwarming scenes I've had the pleasure of viewing from the franchise, and trust me when I tell that's saying something!

Sure was a surprise seeing the Akatsuki as a mercenary group though, I must say. And of course, freakin' awesome too! I couldn;'t help but question myself, "why didn't I see that coming" xD.

Some cool fighting for Kurama here, too. Always got to appreciate those. Naruto of the virtual world turning out to be the sub-villain was a random guess of mine close to the reveal so I'm a little proud of myself for figuring that out, lol. I was thinking real deep and hard who Park Romi-san voiced in the series prior to that, y'know.

But sadly, that really felt like a cheap plot device at the end considering we didn't get any more info on how it led to that and whatnot. I've a few slight other nitpicks though but my biggest of the lot (not nitpick exactly however) has got to be - I hope Iruka-sensei will give the recommendation in due time!

Lol, that long date though...

All in all, it's been a while since I've seen content from the OG Naruto Series (keeping aside Movie 1) and it's been a real pleasure really. This series really knows how to hit the sweet spot and Naruto's genuine struggles are always going to hold a special meaning for me.

And with that, I'm going to award this movie a solid 7/10. Could've easily been a 8 had there been more time to getting around a few issues and feature more of the side characters but it is what it is, there's no helping that.
_MushiRock11_Jun 16, 2020 11:27 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 27, 2020 6:03 PM
Mar 2020
That useless sakura finaly understood naruto struggles saying that piece of shit sasuke would have felt what she was trying to say but after 2 3 days of that life she wanted to return to the real world

When naruto was leaving the fake world that scene was so dramatic that without realizing my tears were shedding

We wanted to know more about the villain menma if they made a flashback of how he became like that would be great

How itachi became one of the akatsuki when he did not slaughter his tribe they should made him something else but obito saying that he is a troublemaker fellow was nice
Nov 11, 2020 9:15 PM
Jul 2020
Wow. I actually loved that movie so much. I know I said this for the last movie, but this one is for sure the best Naruto movie so far. I actually teared up A LOT during this movie. Ngl, 8/10. I loved it.

Iruka sensei ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ
Mar 18, 2021 6:38 PM

Dec 2007
really masterpiece movie of naruto, just contains everything the series is great for.

have many things to say about the movie, and how the two prologue episodes in the MS "271 and 311 are combining this movie together, i actually made by those two episodes the identity of that new mask man to be menma.

in short: road to ninja.

9/10
only because it's masterpiece compare to other naruto movies, in the anime movies it's not the best.
and probably if kishimoto hadn't directed the movie it wouldn't be so good.
Apr 19, 2021 12:07 PM
May 2019
okay I might have been mistaken about the previous movie but this one was actually the fanservice rather than promotional material, the poster was also misleading we really didnt see sasuke in that outfit and the akatsuki has screentime and they actually helped naruto because they were sent under tsunade's order. while i was watching this i was wondering if minato had any flaws like everyone else in the genjutsu world but i didnt think it was his conviction but he seems really trained and astute he was able to retained those traits but he lacked conviction for his actions whew. what madara/tobi said was that this world was based on the victim's desires however the other characters have the reverse personality? (even though it wasnt what they wanted?)

regardless I chuckled when kakuzu retained his love for money and that they werent paid enough to help naruto lol

and also itachi holding sakura's forearm the entire time was jarring.
Dec 23, 2021 12:03 AM
Nov 2021
i cried alot in this movie its a 5/5.
it was funny and sad but i loved it
Apr 14, 2022 9:54 AM

Oct 2019
Well First of all I like that they do something different this time becoz those previous movies were nothing but fillers with good animation. I was atleast able to connect with the movie ,Minata and specially Kushina appearance was a Win-Win.

I love the Kurama vs fake kurama fight the end was decent too movie do get extanded a little bit but its fine. Overall better than previous one ๐Ÿ‘

“If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see.”
- Itachi Uchiha

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein

Apr 16, 2022 5:59 AM

Nov 2019
It's pure fan service and feels like B-Class fanfiction but you know what? I like it! (and I like fanfictions overall)

Akatsuki as full-fledged mercenaries and Konoha allies, possesive Hinata, fuckboy Sasuke, perverted Lee and Neji, tired Guy and youthful Kakashi, Tsunade as nerdy Hokage, Minato and Kushina raising Naruto AND dark Naruto above it all.... It's like some ultra AU fan work xD

I'll give it 8/10, not for seriousness or how much sense it makes but out of pure enjoyment.
Jul 12, 2022 7:07 AM

Feb 2021
This Limited Tsukuyomi has so many plot holes. When Naruto and Sakura were in that trance-like state, couldn't 'Madara' just come and teleport Naruto to his hideout where he can extract Kyuubi with ease? Just saying... Not to mention 'Madara' achieved this without all the tailed beasts. Also how exactly, was 'Madara' actively visiting the Tsukuyomi world? He even 'possessed' Menma's body and attacked Naruto in the Tsukuyomi. How tf did that Hokage cape from a dream world come into the real world??

Bruh the Tsukuyomi Lee likes to crossdress in Ten-Ten's bra and panties ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€

Naruto finally gets a taste of family life and Sakura finally realises how Naruto had felt for the past 15 or so years.

The Great Rasen Ring looked pretty sick. It looked like a dark/anti-matter rasenshuriken and looked even more formidable than the All-Mighty push Pain used to destroy Konoha.

I didn't like how they showed the recycled footage of the night when Minato and Kushina died. Bruh we have already seen that a ton of times.

That shot where Naruto was wearing the 4th Hokage's robe was sick as fuck.

The Akatsuki helping Naruto fight was fucking incredible. I love Konan's new look in this world. She looks like a goth here.

Menma with black hair looks like the son of Naruto and Sasuke. Not sure how the real Menma just turned into an international criminal in this Tsukuyomi world. It was stated that this masked guy had been collecting kinjutsu and kekkei genkai (even though he used none of them in the fight) over the years. So it's not like he started doing this after Naruto got here.

Also, I thought that in this world, they had masked beasts instead of tailed beasts but apparently, they have both.

'Madara' letting Naruto and Sakura leave the Tsukuyomi was kinda lame. The ending was a bit underwhelming in general.

Anyway, overall this was one of the better Naruto movies due to it not having that many plot holes and being a bit believable (even though the animation and fight scenes were alright, nothing special)

A solid 6/10 for me.

Aug 13, 2022 8:26 AM

Nov 2020
I can't believe that I actually liked a Naruto movie. I've seen 8 up until now and this is the first good one. Too bad they realised too late that NOT introducing new princess type characters who fall for Naruto thanks to his speech no jutsu makes a good movie.
Sep 24, 2022 1:46 PM
Sep 2022
It was great! I loved the animation and fighting scenes
Sep 13, 2023 3:10 PM

Dec 2009
Old Notes:

Feb 16, 9:50 AM
Aug 2022
Kushina She's has always been my favorite & respects for her.
Even it was for a little time our Naruto got a glimpse of how life would had if Minato & Kushina were to be alive.
Goodbye Kushina & Minato.
Overally a very good movie.
Gave 8/10 score.
Signing Off at 16th February 2024 at 23:20 Hrs IST.
Ricky16Feb 16, 10:14 AM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» The Akatsuki *Tiny Spoiler*

Sangromancer - Apr 21, 2013

8 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jun 30, 2022 11:18 PM

» Is this canon

piggies_united - Jan 9, 2022

5 by GinpachiSensei19 »»
Jan 10, 2022 12:13 AM

» Everyone has opposite personalities, but Sasuke's opposite personality is liking girls

Axelthrow - Jun 9, 2021

1 by Pyro »»
Jun 9, 2021 12:12 AM

» Iruka and Naruto

Becloud - Aug 2, 2013

4 by MrLegitimacy »»
Feb 3, 2018 10:50 AM

» Sasuke got trolled in this movie. Anyone?

KingIkki - Jun 4, 2013

7 by thatPinkSpider »»
May 19, 2017 10:34 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.