Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 12, 2013 12:54 PM
Nov 2012
Aoyama ;_;
Shiina actually showing emotion ;_;

This show turned out the complete opposite to what I had hoped it would be.

For worse.
Mar 12, 2013 1:02 PM

Apr 2012
Mashiro's painting was soooo lovely!

Another thing I loved was Chihiro's interaction with that guy whose name I cannot remember, but whom she obviously dated once has a history with. Also, the way she referred to the Sakurasou students as "her kids" was perrrrfect~

Sorata's confession came pretty late though. If you ask me, he should've done that episodes ago, not in the exact moment Mashiro is about to get on the train and leave. Also, it's painful how unaware he is of Nanami's feelings...
Mar 12, 2013 1:09 PM

Oct 2012
This episode was beautiful, I loved the part of Ryuunosuke and Rita.
I was just worried about Nanami, I like her a lot. And I hate those shouts of Sorata, they are exaggerated, lol.
Mashiro's paintings are incredible!

4/5
Mar 12, 2013 1:14 PM

Jul 2012
I'm afraid this is going to end terribly melodramatic.
Mar 12, 2013 1:15 PM

Sep 2012
Bout time Sorata confessed his love for Mashiro. Surprised Aoyama seemed so chill about it though. She accepted she lost out and moved on. Confession was cute. Good episode.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Mar 12, 2013 1:20 PM

May 2011
A good episode again, for a change. c:
Mar 12, 2013 1:35 PM
Sep 2011
At least it was better then last weeks episode but i still think this show is really overrated.
Mar 12, 2013 1:58 PM

Mar 2013
Nanii said:
This episode was beautiful, I loved the part of Ryuunosuke and Rita.
I was just worried about Nanami, I like her a lot. And I hate those shouts of Sorata, they are exaggerated, lol.
Mashiro's paintings are incredible!

4/5

Agree, Sorata's shout sounds like agressive but i guess it shouldn't be like this.
Sorry for my english !!
Mar 12, 2013 2:03 PM

Jan 2011
Smooched said:
bastek66 said:
Thraw said:
Well this episode basically confirmed Sorata hates himself. How do you choose the girl that was never able to relate to you when you failed (because she has had everything go her way) and was a constant source of grief for you?

Opposites attract, Mashiro and Sorata are boke and tsukkomi.

Thank you. How boring will your life be if your partner is the same as you?

It works, trust me. In the end, every relationship is either about physical chemistry (or the so called love), or about the simple needs - be it that you dont wanna be alone and pick someone you can go along with, be it for money, etc.
If you are both successfull and like eachother, believe me, being the same will only deepen the relationship because its easier to understand eachother. If only one is, however, and its the girl - that rarely ends well.
Mar 12, 2013 2:09 PM

Jan 2011
YoshiPoshi said:
At least it was better then last weeks episode but i still think this show is really overrated.

I think its underrated. Depends, I guess. I simply love the story so far, and its the main reason why I gave the show 10/10. What other romcom, or pure romance if you want, gives you that many great support characters that actually matter. Supports stealing episodes is something I value really high.

Like I said, depends. Nothing can please all, not even FMA :D
Mar 12, 2013 2:51 PM

Nov 2012
I love this anime, i started it a day ago and marathoned it then.
Awesome, I hate it to wait another week.

I feel like this Anime is going to end very sad and with a lot of tears, dunno why.
Mar 12, 2013 2:59 PM

May 2012
nice painting, just dont like the rest of the ep dunno
Mar 12, 2013 3:26 PM

Oct 2008
Supporting females have it the worst in shounen romances. ;_; This is the weird thing. I've seen enough manga and anime to learn that pairings outside of standard -main malexmain female- are so extremely rare it is foolish to expect them to happen, yet every now and then there is a story that is very successful in convincing me that I might see one of them. But in the end it is always the same. I wonder at what point I will finally accept that and stop fooling myself needlessly...

Aoyama was screwed by the author exceptionally hard, because she didn't even get the chance to properly confess her feelings even despite all those really strong emotional moments with Sorata she received . :/
Mar 12, 2013 4:05 PM

Jan 2013
Rudgald said:

Aoyama was screwed by the author exceptionally hard, because she didn't even get the chance to properly confess her feelings even despite all those really strong emotional moments with Sorata she received . :/

I actually think the author did Aoyama a favor by not having her confess. I would think it would be more devastating to tell someone you love them only to be rejected. Plus if she did confess and was rejected as we know she would be... then their friendship would be ruined or at least awkward.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 12, 2013 4:14 PM

Oct 2011
Great episode, I guessed correctly about the painting after all.
Poor Nanami,
But Mashiro is the best in this episode!!!
Signature
Mar 12, 2013 4:21 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode. About time Sorata confessed. The hug scene between Nanami and Shiina was nice. I thought Aoyama would confess and than get rejected but I guess I was wrong. Sorata will probably never know that Aoyama liked him.
Mar 12, 2013 4:22 PM

Apr 2012
NervousWreck said:
I feel like this anime started out really amazing and unique and then just fell into mediocrity with the rest of the anime that we probably won't remember a couple months from now. It was an alright episode tho. Still no real confession from anyone...Still cliched drama...So sad :c I had high hopes for this anime..oh well 2 episodes left maybe they can salvage this shipwreck

I can pretty much agree to this but doubt that 2eps will make any difference. It was so great at the beginning and sunk into mediocrity, pulled each possible cliche several times now and became sooo repetitive. You could expect that it'll get worse, it has 24 episodes after all and put out quite much at the beginning already. So you have to fill it somehow, but what we've got until now is just meh.
I am so glad that it's slowly coming to an end.
Looking through the ep threads we are a minority, though.
Mar 12, 2013 5:03 PM

Jun 2010
Fuck this shit. Rofl.

This episode just crushed Aoyama's character. Sorata still pathetic as ever. That melodramatic scene between Sorata and Shiina... Wtf.

I too think this series became mediocre after the first cour. Sigh.

Oh well, I liked the other characters interaction this ep ( Rita, Ryuunosuke, Misaki, Jin, Student Council President, HauHau, Chihiro and the Game guy. )
Mar 12, 2013 5:07 PM

May 2009
-MgZ_ said:
Fuck this shit. Rofl.

This episode just crushed Aoyama's character. Sorata still pathetic as ever. That melodramatic scene between Sorata and Shiina... Wtf.

I too think this series became mediocre after the first cour. Sigh.

At least was better than Chuunibyou end (not whole show of course).
Mar 12, 2013 5:14 PM

Jul 2011
ihateeveryone said:
I'm afraid this is going to end terribly melodramatic.

Please no, it was enough, the drama is horrible.

Sorata is really annoying as hell, he's good for comedy only. It's ok if he really ends up with Shiina, I hope Aoyama choose that guy who have already confessed to her, would be a good way to end.

Ryuunosuke is the best character so far!
Ragna92 said:
Sorata will probably never know that Aoyama liked him.

He's too dumb, It was clearly a confession or maybe the subs were wrong?!
Mar 12, 2013 5:17 PM

Jul 2010
Even though I was rooting for Nanami originally, I knew this was how it was going to end up anyway. Kanda confessed to her, but because of Mashiro's trademark awkward reaction it didn't really feel like it. Poor Nanami was there too, but she knew already.

I wonder how they're going to keep Sakurasou form getting torn down now!

Mar 12, 2013 5:25 PM

Nov 2012
Onyxthegreat said:
Even though I was rooting for Nanami originally, I knew this was how it was going to end up anyway. Kanda confessed to her, but because of Mashiro's trademark awkward reaction it didn't really feel like it. Poor Nanami was there too, but she knew already.

I have the same opinion about this. I was hoping that it will be Nanami...
Mar 12, 2013 5:28 PM

Oct 2012
ainky said:
Sorata is really annoying as hell, he's good for comedy only. It's ok if he really ends up with Shiina, I hope Aoyama choose that guy who have already confessed to her, would be a good way to end.

That's primarily problem of his seyiuu - his overly melodramatic acting is unbearable in those scenes. I felt the same with his voicing of Kirito towards the end of Sword Art Online.
Mar 12, 2013 5:46 PM

Feb 2013
happy that sorata got back with shiina
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Mar 12, 2013 5:54 PM

Dec 2012
I'm still impressed that inspiring so much hate coming from such intelligent youngsters, and yet they are still watching this series, and unbelievably on episode 22. You got to give them credits....Orz
Mar 12, 2013 6:11 PM

Dec 2012
...and the show drops to a five, lets see if it can make it to a four next episode.

I'm glad Sorata picked Mashiro, he doesn't deserve Nanami.
Mar 12, 2013 6:39 PM

Aug 2012
TBH, I'd rater date a chick who can make food and can take care of herself well. I'd be terrified to start a relationship with Mashiro.
Mar 12, 2013 7:38 PM

Oct 2012
-MgZ_ said:

That melodramatic scene between Sorata and Shiina... Wtf.

This scene was pathetic.

Kamichan1 said:
Onyxthegreat said:

I have the same opinion about this. I was hoping that it will be Nanami...

Me too, she is independent. I think she would fit perfectly with him. For me, she's much better than Shiina, but unfortunately it was obvious that he would be with Shiina... The romance became very obvious/graceless. The story could surprise us and let Nanami be with Kanda, but...
NaniiMar 12, 2013 7:43 PM
Mar 12, 2013 7:45 PM

Nov 2012
I loved this episode! But I wonder if Shina heard Sorata's confession, hmm... Oh well, I'll have to wait for next episode to know :P
Las firmas estan sobrevaloradas :P
Mar 12, 2013 8:01 PM

May 2009
RacistSmickey said:
TBH, I'd rater date a chick who can make food and can take care of herself well. I'd be terrified to start a relationship with Mashiro.

It's sad that people still deny her character change, even when this episode rubbed that in our faces.
Mar 12, 2013 8:09 PM

Apr 2012
LyonDRC said:
I loved this episode! But I wonder if Shina heard Sorata's confession, hmm... Oh well, I'll have to wait for next episode to know :P

i think she can't hear Sorata's confession, but yes just wait for next week
Mar 12, 2013 8:20 PM
Dec 2012
lzs2503187 said:
I'm still impressed that inspiring so much hate coming from such intelligent youngsters, and yet they are still watching this series, and unbelievably on episode 22. You got to give them credits....Orz

This. I feel kinda meh right now cuz I was NanamixSorata since episode 4 but ya know, what can you do. Anyway the MashiroxSorata ending was spoiled for me at episode 10 so its my own fault for even getting my hopes up. I don't understand why people keep complaining about all the drama when it is a DRAMA after all. Also I don't understand how it's forced either, I mean they pulled all the cliches in Clannad and it's like the #1 anime ever. At least Mashrio acts like a real person now, I seriously hated her as a love interest until this ep, Dandere is just plain annoying in this case IMO. I also feel like I'm the only one who likes Sorata's VA, his voice is just unique but I do have to admit that whenever he screams its kinda annoying. Only two more eps, this is the first 2 cour anime I've followed all 24 episodes week after week and I feel like it's different than marathoning because I just get so attached to all the characters and it creates a much more unique experience. Looks like I have a deal to make with the devil so I can see my NanamixSorata ending x.x

P.S. For the last time, Nanami isn't a tsundere. Pretty please get your archtypes right guys.
Analog_KidMar 12, 2013 8:37 PM
Mar 12, 2013 9:18 PM
Mar 2013
Is there actually an anime where the secondary female character (eg.Nanami) wins instead of the primary female character?
Mar 12, 2013 9:26 PM
Dec 2012
adeshina365 said:
Is there actually an anime where the secondary female character (eg.Nanami) wins instead of the primary female character?

The only one I've ever seen is Mashiro-Iro Symphony but the girl he chooses is really disappointing. Otherwise no, out of all the romance anime I've ever seen, the main girl always wins which usually isn't bad but when it comes to Sakurasou it seems like they built up all the NanamixSorata moments just to make Nanami more of a plot device. It's so sad that amazing characters like her will always be overshadowed.
Mar 12, 2013 10:42 PM
Oct 2012
adeshina365 said:

if remember correctly (which i dont) but i think the anime Shuffle! had a character i never thought would have won but she apparently did and it dissapointed me.

anyways as far a nanami, i think i remeber hearing something like that in the LN the teacher,chirhiro, told her that she confused liking sorata for friendship ( or something like that) i not to sure and im probably wrong but yea.

i really hope the make a second season or continue the story in OVAs because the way its heading right now i can see its probably going to have some random ending that doesnt follow the plot, i want to see sorataxmashiro and i want to see the actual ending
Mar 12, 2013 10:45 PM

Sep 2008
I felt nothing for most of this episode. The only parts I liked were the Ryuunosuke and Rita scenes.

Glad we don't get Aoyama ending. She's far too good for Sorata.

Mashiro's character change was done really badly. I saw it sort of gradually happening over the course of the show, but really, with the tiny amount of focus and screentime she's been getting in the 2nd half and with whatever little dialogue she had, her character change just doesn't feel authentic.
Mar 13, 2013 12:14 AM
Dec 2011
5layer said:
I felt nothing for most of this episode. The only parts I liked were the Ryuunosuke and Rita scenes.

Mashiro's character change was done really badly. I saw it sort of gradually happening over the course of the show, but really, with the tiny amount of focus and screentime she's been getting in the 2nd half and with whatever little dialogue she had, her character change just doesn't feel authentic.

Everything you said was correct.
Mar 13, 2013 1:39 AM

Oct 2008
mora404 said:
Rudgald said:

I actually think the author did Aoyama a favor by not having her confess. I would think it would be more devastating to tell someone you love them only to be rejected. Plus if she did confess and was rejected as we know she would be... then their friendship would be ruined or at least awkward.

It is far better to regret doing something rather than regret doing nothing. As people say she friendzoned herself - gave up. Gave up her own feelings for Mashiro and didn't even TRY to win Sorata over.

And yes, if Sorata rejected her their friendship would be awkward - for some time. Afterwards they would go back to being friends, but at the very least Aoyama could move on knowing she did everything she could to win.

For someone there asking about M&A with unusual pairings (in the end):
Mar 13, 2013 2:01 AM
Oct 2012
NervousWreck said:
5layer said:

Everything you said was correct.

i wouldnt say i felt nothing but yes the character development was pretty fast. and as for nanami, eeveeryone knew that sorata was going to end up with mashiro right from the start (although it hasnt happened yet, its pretty obvious)

i totally agree with thee guy above me, its better to know that you tried than not trying at all. poor nanami
Mar 13, 2013 5:21 AM

Jul 2011
I facepalm at all that people who still complains about the "haters", many people is disappointed by the plot and characters development, especially after the first half. This is not just a coincidence you know? Everyone has his own opinion so live with it.
Mar 13, 2013 6:06 AM
Jan 2013
I didn't like Mashiro's sudden change in the second half of the anime . I expected more from the last episodes but I enjoyed the Rita and Ryunosuke scenes XD. I love their relationship
Mar 13, 2013 7:19 AM
Nov 2012
noooo my aoyama T_T

anyway, this eps so nice
Mar 13, 2013 2:47 PM

Aug 2012
It's okay, Nanami fans. Aoyama gets the best relationship: A loving relationship with her parents!
Mar 13, 2013 3:24 PM

Jan 2012
2 more episodes and it's over. I liked it how the anime switch from comedy to more drama episodes like the last episodes. And that he choose for Mashiro was kind of predictable, but I would not mind if he ended up with Aoyama.
Mar 13, 2013 7:42 PM

Jul 2012
wow so much stuff happened in this episode, it kinda felt like this was the last one but it's not
Mar 13, 2013 7:44 PM
Feb 2012
oh man i was cheering for both aoyama and mashiro T^T
Mar 13, 2013 8:23 PM

Feb 2013
Great anime
Mar 14, 2013 1:12 AM

Jun 2012
Amazing, all the feels!
6/5 ^^

Mar 14, 2013 4:32 AM

Aug 2009
season 2 maybe?
Mar 14, 2013 4:51 AM

Sep 2011
5layer said:

Honestly I totally agree with this.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2012

213 by Liddo-kun »»
Feb 9, 3:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.