Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 4, 2013 1:38 PM

Jan 2008
Dat head shot.

Expecting amazing pedo combination scene next episode.
Mar 4, 2013 1:45 PM

Mar 2012
The ending of the dodgeball was perfect in the OVA, I hope MH pulls something similar (beside the still-shots of the ball)
End Zionazism
Mar 4, 2013 3:22 PM

Sep 2012
A-amazing!
Tried to save up a few episodes when I reached the 60's but didn't last long. And now I gotta wait a week between each one.

I should put it on hold, wait 2-3 months and when I'm done with my bachelor - watch everything! Oh joy.. So I need something else to watch meanwhile, any ideas?
Within the same genre if possible :)
Mar 4, 2013 5:27 PM
Jul 2018
Roari said:
A-amazing!
Tried to save up a few episodes when I reached the 60's but didn't last long. And now I gotta wait a week between each one.

I should put it on hold, wait 2-3 months and when I'm done with my bachelor - watch everything! Oh joy.. So I need something else to watch meanwhile, any ideas?

Hmm... Maybe JoJo's Bizarre Adventure ?
Mar 5, 2013 3:04 PM

Mar 2012
5/5 enuf said. Which damn retard voted 1/5..!! lol
Keep moving forward
Mar 6, 2013 12:55 AM

Mar 2012
Roari said:
A-amazing!

I don't think there are other battle shonens that focus on the writing on such level, but if you're willing to watch something other than that, try Death Note, FMA (original series).

If you like Battle shonen then try D.Gray man, I just started and it seems interesting :o
End Zionazism
Mar 6, 2013 6:38 PM

Sep 2012
Vandalysm & Mikasa, thanks a lot. I'll check some out.

Seen FMA Brotherhood, considering watching the original later on.
Death note I should really get started on already.

And ye, crazy high compatibility we got Vandalysm.
---
And ye, as you said Mikasa:
Mikasa said:

I don't think there are other battle shonens that focus on the writing on such level

Sadly, :(

Guess I'll add D.Gray man, seems nice. :)
Mar 7, 2013 1:50 AM
Feb 2013
Leaulux said:
First I get majorly spoiled in Naruto and now I find out Greed Island isn't even a Virtual Reality Game?

Fuck. Everything.

Well it practically is, for normal nen-less people like us. Going there by transport only results in being expelled by GM.
Mar 10, 2013 3:34 AM

Mar 2012
Ruii said:
Gon: Does that mean Ging is here on Greed Island?
Razor:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goreinu: Ging?

-HARD MODE UNLOCKED!-

LOL! This ^
Mar 11, 2013 2:17 PM

Dec 2012
Waiting eagerly for next ep... wait a sec, next ep is out on crunchyroll but only for members( and im not 1) :(
Ruii said:
Gon: Does that mean Ging is here on Greed Island?
Razor:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goreinu: Ging?

-HARD MODE UNLOCKED!-

LOL
Mar 19, 2013 10:14 PM
Aug 2011
Never seen dodgeball go this hard ever.
Apr 16, 2013 1:24 PM

Jul 2009
Awesome episode. Dodge ball is clearly intense :P
Apr 19, 2013 11:24 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, who knew Dodge Ball could be this dangerous?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 24, 2013 5:14 PM

Feb 2011
It's interesting to watch this after watching Inazuma Eleven, where Gon's seiyuu voices Endou, who plays soccer. =P In it, he has a lot of times where he has to learn to catch a ball properly and gets hand injuries.
眠れないのは君のせい
Jun 10, 2013 5:49 PM

Nov 2011
Well, this series sure took Dodgeball to a whole new level.
Aug 5, 2013 7:54 PM
Jul 2012
Wow, great episode. Way better than the last episodes that are boring!
How exciting that a normal dodgeball is so intense.
Aww, the funny guy bobbo died.
Damn, when Gon was able to take the hit and when he said,"I'm just fine!" I was shocked and amazed that I wish there will be more and not a cliffhanger. So awesome!
5/5
Oct 9, 2013 6:14 AM

Sep 2013
I loved how Killua asked Tsezguerra to 'show his Nen'. It was obviously to remind Tsezguerra of how he rebuffed Killua and Gon in episode 59. And they were totally rubbing their superiority in his face with those jumps.
Dec 7, 2013 3:18 AM

Aug 2009
What a great, intense episode, loved all of it, razor is awesome though he really wants to kill innocent people lol, I wonder if he is one of the 5 strongest nen users since he created the game with Ging.
Dec 11, 2013 3:34 AM

Oct 2012
Wow just wow
They should add sports to HxH's genre!! JK~
Gon is getting OP.. Soon xD

I'm looking forward for Biscuit's turn.. Hopefully there is

Stark700 said:
Well, this series sure took Dodgeball to a whole new level.

Lol, you forgot Haruhi & SOS Brigade
"Signature removed"
Jan 2, 2014 7:14 PM

Mar 2012
Dat animation :D
Jan 6, 2014 1:18 AM

Jul 2013
epic!!! but I think it would've been a lot better of Gon's team, Hisoka, some of that military guy's men and the rest of the Troupe formed the team..

Gon's determination is just... damn!
Mar 1, 2014 10:22 PM

Oct 2013
Wow, this anime even makes Dodgeball look awesome! :D
<3
Mar 4, 2014 8:54 PM
Aug 2013
damn who knew dodgeball could be this crazy? razor is fucking crazy and Ging is an asshole. It seems like he wants to give tough love to gon lol
Mar 4, 2014 10:54 PM

Jun 2009
Five-Magics said:
damn who knew dodgeball could be this crazy? razor is fucking crazy and Ging is an asshole. It seems like he wants to give tough love to gon lol

I really do think the Dodgeball game is one of my favorite parts of HxH. I don't know, it just blew me away how damn tense they made the atmosphere in this sequence. Also, Hisoka helping them was too cool.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 6, 2014 10:48 PM

Dec 2012
cantius said:
You guys are really exaggerating the actual scope of this dodgeball event. It's not epic at all but it's not too uninteresting.

I know how you feel. My friend hyped it out for me before I watched it..
Mar 6, 2014 11:07 PM

Jan 2014
cantius said:
You guys are really exaggerating the actual scope of this dodgeball event. It's not epic at all but it's not too uninteresting.

Well, that's how it felt to most of us.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2014 11:11 PM

Jun 2009
judals said:
cantius said:

Well, that's how it felt to most of us.

Indeed. Come on Cantius, there isn't ever something you've really liked that other people didn't get the hype for? To us it isn't an exaggeration at all.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 6, 2014 11:12 PM

May 2013
cantius said:

I advise you to put the series on hold if you still feel the same way after finishing GI, the next arc is still airing and while it's as intense as Yorknew sometimes, it has it's fair share of slow episodes. The only reason why I'm not advising you to drop HxH is because you said you will watch it for Illumi and Hisoka.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Mar 6, 2014 11:26 PM

May 2013
cantius said:
Understandable but I still can't even as a realist see what is so enjoyable about the dodgeball event. The explanations are rather excessive and this is certainly far more aggravating because it's dodgeball. Not underestimating the sport but with what i've seen of the Yorknew arc, this shit i'm seeing literally feels like i'm getting trolled in a galactic scale.

Why do you compare it with Yorknew? Yes Yorknew was amazing, 10/10 no doubt but not every arc can be like that. Togashi is only human afterall lol. I'm not a fan of Greed Island, it's one of my least favorite arcs in HxH but it's good for what it is in my opinion. A training arc for Gon and Killua in a cool setting.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Mar 6, 2014 11:32 PM

Jun 2009
It's pretty apparent Togashi never did this arc with the intention of surpassing Yorknew. Aside from the Bomber, it's actually a fairly "light" arc and I look at it as sort of a breather between Yorknew and Chimera Ant, which are by far the heaviest arcs in the series.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 6, 2014 11:58 PM

Jan 2014
cantius said:
Understandable but I still can't even as a realist see what is so enjoyable about the dodgeball event. The explanations are rather excessive and this is certainly far more aggravating because it's dodgeball. Not underestimating the sport but with what i've seen of the Yorknew arc, this shit i'm seeing literally feels like i'm getting trolled in a galactic scale.

Well I can't speak for the others but for me I found the explanations very enjoyable and very good world building that made the universe more rich, and I enjoyed thinking about it and dissecting the powers and how they made GI.

The Dodgeball itseld was a very unique application while still managing NOT to make it feel like a silly detour -being very intense, even more so than some other series' grand scale battles- impressed me very much.

This arc may be very different from YN, but I consider it just as good; there are many things this arc did better, as there are ones Yorknew excelled in.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2014 12:21 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah, the Bomber was certainly not my favorite antagonist. He is definitely kind of a step down from the Troupe and Hisoka, I don't know he just felt too... purely evil in a series that tends to avoid that when it comes to villains. I am interested in what you will think of the villains of CA, though.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 7, 2014 12:27 AM

Jun 2009
cantius said:
I'll try not to be too hard on the CA villains. I'll give my analysis on them if ever i catch up but i'll be sure to let you know if I grow a liking to one.

Hey, be as hard on them as you like. It wouldn't be the first time I've heard criticism of the arc.
Ston3_FreeN7Mar 7, 2014 12:36 AM

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 7, 2014 12:29 AM

Jan 2014
insan3Spectre said:
Yeah, the Bomber was certainly not my favorite antagonist. He is definitely kind of a step down from the Troupe and Hisoka, I don't know he just felt too... purely evil in a series that tends to avoid that when it comes to villains. I am interested in what you will think of the villains of CA, though.

Well some villains are just crazy like that, in terms of power, I liked the unpredictability of levels.

I mean, when they introduced the troupe, left them undefeated after all, and then introduced a weaker villain, even almost on Gon's level, and that posed a great threat, it shows that this show had no intention/hope of Gon vs Trope battles anytime soon, which made them a lot more powerful.
In his own right, Genthru, being around the same level as Gon, made for a crazy final battle, he was smart and perceptive and willing to do anything, so imo he was handled excellently.
Mar 7, 2014 12:35 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah, I actually did really like the final battle. I guess my problem is that he wasn't as "interesting" to me as the most of the other villains in the series. Thinking about it, I guess Togashi wasn't even attempting to surpass Yorknew here. Which is fine to me, but it left some people disappointed I guess. I think it was smart to scale a bit back, though. Like you said, it really put Gon's position in the world in perspective.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 7, 2014 12:41 AM

Jan 2014
Well it depends on how it surpasses Yorknew, since Togashi is a game enthusiast, I'm pretty sure he put a lot of thought into it, maybe it wasn't as much of a thriller as Yorknew was, but it surpassed it as an adventure, overall I think he made an equally good but very different arc.

It's natural for Genthru to seem relatively small when every other villain gained recurring status while he had a standalone arc to deal with.
Apr 18, 2014 6:24 AM
Oct 2009
I'm so glad we got much more HISOKA TIME! BADASS BUNGEE GUM <3 JSDHFJKSDHFJKHAJ

I LOVE HIM!

Aaanyway it was nice seeing that game master mentioning Ging~ N at least those guys were criminals so no hard feelings when they get killed for breakin' the rules I guess..

was still fangirling during Hisoka's scenes <3 kyaaaaaaaaa He's perrrrfect~
Jun 23, 2014 2:46 AM

Jul 2007
This is one of my favorite moments in this arc. The Dodge ball match. Razor is definitely no easy opponent with his redicously strong throws and sped. They finally figured out how to gather a perfect team players, by the one person that was able to use a secret technique to bring out these two creatures that count for the two players.

Tsezguerra got nocked out pretty fast. So Razor found out bout gon and how he is trying to locate ging which obligated him to not go easy on him.

Hisoka's ability will obviously come in handy with his bungie gum gum.

Gon got knocked back pretty hard by razor's strong serve but didn't suffer enormous damage to his control of ko to negate the damage. Couldn't Gon of used Ko and Ken at the same time? That might of kept him planted on the ground right, because Ken keeps the aura around the entire body, giving him a defensive position which causes fatigue but in this circumstance, for that instant, it would of worked.

Like always, he's just so resilient and never gives up like those wimps that ran for it before the match even got started.

Next episode if i remember right, Bisky starts to have her turn :p Things are going to heat up.

Jun 27, 2014 9:25 PM

Jan 2013
Hunter x Hunter makes a good sports anime.
Jun 29, 2014 8:16 PM

Nov 2011
That was epic. Razor is definitely no slouch. As always, it seems Ging almost has it out for Gon, too.

link9us said:
Gon got knocked back pretty hard by razor's strong serve but didn't suffer enormous damage to his control of ko to negate the damage. Couldn't Gon of used Ko and Ken at the same time? That might of kept him planted on the ground right, because Ken keeps the aura around the entire body, giving him a defensive position which causes fatigue but in this circumstance, for that instant, it would of worked.

Ken involves holding Ren around the body for defense, with Ryu being a selective movement of aura to specific body parts for more precise defense. Ko moves all of one's aura into a body part for offense (being a combination of Ren and Zatsu), so I don't think it can be used alongside Ken. Maybe if Ryu can be used offensively, a similar effect could be achieved?

Anyway, his Ken alone wasn't enough to catch the ball, so he used Ko to move all of his aura to his head and arms. There was no aura left to strengthen his legs, so it knocked him off the ground.
Jul 15, 2014 8:42 PM

Nov 2012
"I was instructed not to go easy on you by your old man."

Ging sure loves dishing out tough love to Gon.
Oct 23, 2014 8:16 PM

Jun 2014
holy crap dat dodge ball of death.
Was hoping Gon and Killua would use Ken and Ko together directing aura 100% to hands so they could catch the ball together.
Dec 7, 2014 12:01 PM

May 2014
Razor has the same voice actor as Kazuma Kiryu from the Yakuza games, nice! Good episode, too!
Dec 25, 2014 1:50 PM

Aug 2013
Waaah, Reiza is one fucking cheating game master. Seriously?! ''Oh, they are winning 3-0 in term of victory? Well, let's play a game that makes those three victory value absolutely nothing and where you win or lose!''
Man, he's like those kind of friend that say that he won after losing 30 times...
But it's gonna be fun seeing Gon and co. win the match :D
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 25, 2014 7:17 PM

Dec 2014
I feel like with all the trouble Ging's going through to make it harder for Gon to find him that when/if he finally does Ging's going to say "Couldn't you take a hint?" lol

Very entertaining dodgeball match. I wonder how they're going to pull it off.
Mar 18, 2015 10:01 PM

Jun 2009
ZENZEN HEIKI!

Hahaha fucking blockhead.
Apr 26, 2015 1:17 PM

Jun 2014
one of the most boring dodge ball matches

Aug 13, 2015 5:23 AM

Jan 2014
Razor is so cool! Dodge ball reminds my childhood, how I with my friends been playin this awesome game throughout the days. But this match was quite boring, to be honest.

However Gon still gets on my nerves with his over-confidence. What a bullshit, he is freaking kid. He never has any limits, if he will really catch next ball, I may rage quit.

Decent episode.
Jan 11, 2016 6:30 AM

Jun 2015
damn razor take it easy man.

Finally some serious action after some eps.
Mar 29, 2016 5:38 PM

Dec 2015
Pretty disappointed with hisoka. The smart thing for him to do would be to hide his ability and catch razor by surprise, not blatantly show off his powers by dangling the ball from his finger.
Where's the tactician we saw in the fight against castro?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.