Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 22, 2013 12:29 AM

Oct 2011
AuronPond said:
You know, they never quite revealed who Hanemura's (ex)girlfriend is.

Why do I feel like she plays a huger role than anybody right now?

haha good point
Feb 22, 2013 1:15 AM

Dec 2012
Damn! What a great episode.
I wanna see the next episode badly!!

Feb 22, 2013 2:15 AM

Sep 2011
ahdghjasfskjgh bb Mahiro was so precious here i wanna hug him (づ ಥ⌣ಥ )づ
Feb 22, 2013 3:24 AM
Nov 2012
Very disappointed that the confrontation between Hakaze and Hayakawa was left out, especially since Hakaze owned Hayakawa and I wanted to know the color of Hayakawa's background.

I hope for a decent adaptation of Aika and Hakaze chapters to make up for it.
Feb 22, 2013 6:28 AM

May 2010
Love the ending song..lol don't having anything to say:D
Feb 22, 2013 6:35 AM

Jan 2013
Overall I didn't like this episode. I mean I seen it for what it was, a talking episode, but it didn't feel that big of an impact. And saving Aika seems dumb. Or thinking of it, honestly I think that might be what kills her. Or maybe not. Meh I'll keep watching but short of some plot point this isn't one of the better shows of the winter. Though might get better, I don't judge a product till it is done.
Feb 22, 2013 6:50 AM
Jan 2013
I wonder if Hakaze stops Aika from killing herself, will the Yoshino X Hakaze be still possible?
Feb 22, 2013 8:07 AM

Feb 2011
Soooooooooooooooo , she is going to turn back in the past . Awesome , can't wait for the next week .
Feb 22, 2013 8:12 AM

Oct 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Joseito1875 said:

I don't really know who will Yoshino end up with...
Is......is that a joke? His choices are a dead girl and a living girl.....its obvious the only 2 choices are no one or hakaze

Well.... remember Hakaze was also dead, but she managed to break through the space-time continuum - or something like that.
Also, Hakaze is going back in time and she will be meeting Aika.
Anything can happen.
I expect a twist of events.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Feb 22, 2013 8:13 AM

Oct 2012
Kurogashi said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Joseito1875 said:

I don't really know who will Yoshino end up with...
Is......is that a joke? His choices are a dead girl and a living girl.....its obvious the only 2 choices are no one or hakaze

mahiro? cough.

LOL XD
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Feb 22, 2013 8:14 AM

Sep 2012
What a trainwreck... I had thought shit would get real by episode 18, but here we are going to 20 and nothing yet.
Feb 22, 2013 2:06 PM
Jan 2011
Oh, good thing Yoshino is still alive for the moment there I thought Mashiro would kill him.
Feb 22, 2013 2:07 PM

Mar 2011
Another interesting episode. Glad they made up peacefully, for now at least.

I am still betting Fuwa is the mage of Exodus. Although I can't really remember, was it 100% confirmed Fuwa actually died?
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Feb 22, 2013 3:01 PM

Sep 2011
TehWhiteTiger said:

was it 100% confirmed Fuwa actually died?
yes

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 22, 2013 4:38 PM
May 2012
and there goes the Studio Bones screw with a good story ... more aliens ... Really?!
Feb 22, 2013 5:52 PM

Apr 2011
This week was sokayz kinda hoped Mahiro would have gave Yoshino a beat down but they made up. Next week is going to be so epicness.
Feb 22, 2013 5:52 PM

Sep 2012
Walq-chan said:
and there goes the Studio Bones screw with a good story ... more aliens ... Really?!

It'd actually be pretty interesting if it were aliens.
Feb 22, 2013 5:58 PM

Sep 2011
Walq-chan said:
but the thing is.....its not aliens

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 22, 2013 6:29 PM

Mar 2012
Along with Sakurasou, Zetsuen is really the only series that makes me anticipate the next episode every week. Both series began last season, which I think only speaks to how weak the new season (starting back in January) is...

In any case, the alien hypothesis seems to make sense on some level, but I can't help but feel like it's a distractor from something bigger and something we're missing. The preview for next episode gives me the chills when it showed Hakaze walking by Aika. Aika seems to know her -- and this only deepens the mystery.

Hakaze is still going on full lovey-dovey mode. That's fine I guess. With 5 episodes to go though, I can't see a Yoshino-Hakaze pairing.
Feb 22, 2013 6:58 PM

Jul 2010
Animation quality of this episode was imo pretty bad.
I didnt expect Mahiro to be so ''calm'' about everything.Thought he will hit Yoshino or at least get angry, but i guess hes not such a hothead after all.Still, Yoshino is imo an more interesting character.
After this episode im going with Aika>>>>>Hakaze all the way.I cant get enough of Aika, and hell yes! next episode gonna be epic, or well, so i hope.Can't wait, especially because most of previous episodes (every after like 13th) didnt really make me much excited.After that whole fight, something is missing imo, and it looks like next episodes might have IT.

3.5/5 not bad, but it could be better.
Feb 22, 2013 8:09 PM

Dec 2012
ENGLISH iluminate me please
"SPECULATIONS"(since this anime is made for this)
So. I think we all know this far that Aika is not just a "girl", she knows too much, she is too selfconfident and it is almost like she knew she was going to die-correction, I quote -SHE KNOWS SHE'S GONNA DIE-. Last scene from the preview makes me think Aika knows Hakaze is coming, and I'm sure Hakaze wants to stop Aika from being murder BUT I am also sure that Aika tells her that she needs to be killed for some universal balance blahblablah ,or Aika IS INDEED not a good character meaning she might be doing some nasty stuff for her cause and she is going to do something reaaaallly bad like Yoshino's being killed bad or sthg like that and she tells Hakaze and what do we have.YES ....so the question is Why... Well.. hope that question is answered next Thursday
Feb 23, 2013 12:15 AM
Jun 2012
Monde11 said:
Just curious, how would you guys feel if Evangeline's theory was true? Aliens anyone?

imo id really hate for her theory to be true. itd just feel like they're trying to throw in a whole load of shit.
But other than that, this was a nice ep
Feb 23, 2013 12:49 AM
Feb 2013
I think Aika was the Mage of Exodus and she killed herself. and that's why they aren't able to find the killer.
Feb 23, 2013 3:09 AM

Feb 2012
I thought Mahiro would go berserk and kill Yoshino but he took it unexpectedly well. I wonder whether will it end up with a happy ending or open ending or if we see some more plot twist... only 5 episodes to go.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Feb 23, 2013 6:23 AM
Feb 2013
I have not read the manga, but from the looks of things everything points to Hakaze killing Aika. The would explain why the they couldn't located the killer and Hakaze is a member of Kursaribe Tribe. It was strange that they even blame the Mage of Exodus since both Shino and Hanemura are not members of the Kurasribe Tribe.
Feb 23, 2013 6:50 AM

Sep 2011
Already spoiled myself on what will happen when she meets Aika, but I can't wait to see it actually get adapted.

polaskaroid said:
I have not read the manga, but from the looks of things everything points to Hakaze killing Aika.

Feb 23, 2013 7:10 AM
Feb 2013
Must resist clicking !!!!
Feb 23, 2013 7:47 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode. I liked how things worked out with the boys. I can't wait to see what happens when Hakaze heads back into the past.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Feb 23, 2013 8:03 AM

Dec 2012
polaskaroid said:

why do i always lose this game...
i don't know what it is about this show, but the spoiler buttons are more tempting than ever /sigh
Feb 23, 2013 9:27 AM

Sep 2011
hiabara said:
polaskaroid said:

why do i always lose this game...
i don't know what it is about this show, but the spoiler buttons are more tempting than ever /sigh

Ahahah. I ended up clicking all the spoilers in the character selection during the half way point. I couldn't keep my temptation.
Feb 23, 2013 12:17 PM

Jul 2012
Really boring episode. The first half of the series was better than the second half, to be honest.
Feb 23, 2013 12:48 PM

Jan 2011
This was kind oh meh, I feel like the author is running out of good ideas. I remember that in the first part time travel was impossible and fucking hard to do and blabla. And now it's just "hey let's time travel!"... What nonsense. Hopefully the remaining 5 episodes will be better.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 23, 2013 1:36 PM

Jul 2010
Well, Mahiro and Yoshino's bond is pretty strong for them to settle this so easily. I like the way Mahiro thinks. He has no right to hit Yoshino because he was the one that didn't act on his own feelings at the time.

Hakaze traveling to the past and actually meeting Aika is bound to be interesting! Can't wait to see it and to finally find out the truth about her death. What if Hakaze was the one unable to control herself and actually killed her for her love for Yoshino?

Feb 23, 2013 3:17 PM

Jul 2012
Even though this show isn't executed the best, it has really intelligent things and morals more than your typical Shounen show. o.o

LOL next episode's title! Whodunnit. XD
Feb 23, 2013 3:56 PM
Jun 2012
So looking forward to Aika and Hakaze interacting. I think the anime has gotten further than the manga now?

I must say, how Yoshino's hair would look like in real life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLVsqvLtJuI&list=FL09SGQxO_OXev4l5tPrxNnw&index=17

^^ The clips and everything. The guy in this video's hilarious too. =^.^=
Feb 23, 2013 5:47 PM

Feb 2010
Hakaze & Aika meeting will he VERY interesting.

I loved how the boys are reunited again, and how they settled things - such Bros!
Feb 24, 2013 12:59 AM

Sep 2012
Hajimari Tree and Zetsuen Tree came together and tried to outdo each other...

Somehow I get the Evangelion vibe.. In Evangelion, the Black Moon and the White Moon came to the Earth from outer space at the same time...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 24, 2013 1:23 AM

Sep 2012
MasterMeNL said:
I remember that in the first part time travel was impossible and fucking hard to do and blabla. And now it's just "hey let's time travel!"... What nonsense.
Remember in this episode they also said that to float the Fruit of Zetsuen took a lot of effort but Hakaze did it with little effort. That's the overwhelming difference between the Princess and everyone else.

Anyway, I think the story has moved quite a lot in this episode, and it still gets time to have flashbacks and more abstract talks like Fraulein's objective observations of the other 5 characters, which I find pretty insightful. Hakaze, Yoshino and Mahiro may be tough and strong (as you can see when Hakaze was told about the stunning theory that the Tree is an alien weapon or Yoshino is a Zetsuen Wizard, or when Yoshino and Mahiro talked it over about Aika) but they may be too trapped in the past and are pursuing some unrealizable dream, but Hayakawa and Samon may be too willing to stop at nothing to aim at survival for everyone.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 24, 2013 7:41 AM

Aug 2011
I agree with hiabara, I think Evageline's character is underrated and I would love to see more of her in this series. Smart, bold and confident, she is always optimistic and is always smiling whatever the situation.

It was good seeing Mahiro calm and collected when confronting Yoshino. I think Hanemura exposing his feelings for Aika gave him a lot of time to reflect. However, to me, Mahiro is a wildcard and unpredictable, besides he is still sticking to his agenda in regards to Aika's killer.

I am not a fan of the Hakaze and Yoshino pairing and I hope the series doesn't end on that note note. Her openness about her feelings would be cute, if she wasn't constantly comparing herself to Aika. I think I liked Hakaze's personality better when she was on the island.

Looking forward to the next episode, as I have read that Hakaze and Aika will finally meet.
Feb 24, 2013 1:05 PM

May 2011
Loved the reconciliation scene between Mahiro and Yoshino. It was just so nice to see these two become bros again. But haha it feels a bit awkward now with everyone being back together and seeing these these guys actually joke about Aika.

This upcoming Aika and Hakaze confrontation or meeting is going to be really interesting to watch indeed. I can't wait to see what they'll say to each other.

Yoshino's loyalty is admirable but this makes me sad about Hakaze's chances to end up with him :/.
Feb 24, 2013 6:47 PM

Nov 2007
So it's two mages battles and two friends "talk". Wow, Mahiro is not hitting Yoshiro.

I feel that Suwabe-san voices multiple characters. And lol @ Hakaze showing up as if nothing happens. lol @ after the talk.

Wait, time travelling??
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 25, 2013 10:53 AM

May 2012
kinda amusing episode
" she could have an even better rack"
Feb 25, 2013 5:01 PM

May 2011
MasterMeNL said:
This was kind oh meh, I feel like the author is running out of good ideas. I remember that in the first part time travel was impossible and fucking hard to do and blabla. And now it's just "hey let's time travel!"... What nonsense. Hopefully the remaining 5 episodes will be better.

It was all theory before, now Hakaze is a living proof. That would boost their confidence.

oh and she's protected by tree of genesis.
Feb 25, 2013 6:04 PM

Sep 2012
MasterMeNL said:

Here we have a living proof of how the thirst for plot holes make someone blind. For Christ's sake, they've done it before, of course now they know it's possible.
Feb 25, 2013 7:38 PM

Sep 2010
Mahiro handling it like a pro #Respect

and Hakaze going all bold on Yoshino was awesome.

on the murderers topic: i'm calling Checkhov's gunman on Hanemura's (ex)girlfriend
Feb 26, 2013 10:04 AM

Jun 2008
So Hakaze goes back to the past. Hmm..why do i get the feeling that this may create a circle where somewhat Hakaze maybe responsible for her death or even her killer?
It's the usual time paradox stuff. For example if Aika wasn't dead Hakaze wouldn't have gone to the past to check who her killer is but by going she makes her death happen.
Feb 27, 2013 6:12 PM
Sep 2012
Orulyon said:
The bromance was so lovely~

Fallen_Lullaby said:
I'm just hoping, no praying, that the anime does justice to the upcoming awesome scene of Aika and Hakaze. Especially Aika, because I believe this defines her character and basically shows why she's one of the stronger characters in this show.

If they screw up Aika´s scene that will be disappointing since it was the very best scene of Aika in the manga IMO. They made a great adaptation until now, so I hope they keep it like that till the end. Its my most awaited scene.
And I agree, I believe some people will finally find out Aika´s true personality/intentions in next ep.
I really like Aika;D dont care about her haters

I've caught up with the manga on mangareader (Chapter 24) but you are talking about stuff that hasn't happened in the manga. Is there a way you are getting access to the later chapters? I would like to be caught up. Thank you.
Feb 28, 2013 2:08 AM

Oct 2012
lol at Fraulein alien "Civilization blaster" theory :D (let's hope the real reason is something different)

Also, this Hakaze's sentence from this episode:

makes me think that there was a reason for Hakaze to fall in love with Yoshino and that someone plotted it all along. For Hakaze in love would do things she wouldn't even consider before.

Though I think the one who kills Aika in the past would be Hakaze not be able to look at Yoshino and Aika in love. Things are going to be pretty intense.

Well, roughly it is like this now:

Aika is dead => Mahiro has a reason to help Hakaze from island (revenge) and Yoshino doesn't want Aika's death be in wain => Tree of Genesis awakens => Hakaze falls in love with Yoshino => Hakaze kills Aika in the past (circle is complete)

Which leads to the obligate question: Who plotted all this and why?
Was it Aika after all? Is she real Mage of Exodus?
(Hakaze could influence things from the past and therefore I think Aika can do that too).
Mich666Feb 28, 2013 2:12 AM
Mar 3, 2013 12:18 PM

Jul 2010
Shock to see Mahiro not mad at Yoshino.but then it's his friend and his sister was with a good boyfriend.
Funny how Mahiro reaction when Yoshino said about the first kiss ,date,and dating behind his back.
Mar 3, 2013 9:57 PM

Jul 2008
Okay let me get this straight.

No one currently can figure out who killed Aika, Hakaze has been worried for the last few episodes that her feelings may cause the tree to kill Yoshino's girlfriend. She still has not resolved these feelings.

NOW she wants to time travel back to the past before Aika was killed?!

BAD BAD BAD BAD IDEA Hakaze. It may be what she has said all along, Hakaze really is the cause of Aika's murder and set this whole mess in motion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

175 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 6:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.