Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 3, 2013 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Lol, that girl with the pigtail sure is strange and the way she was dressed in that restaurant. The episode was okay and I'm glad she joined them as well.
Feb 3, 2013 8:07 AM

Nov 2008
Niko is too bossy for my tastes, and having her join as the captain of the group, I mehed at first but it quickly grew on me as her exercises were cute. She has quite a lot of idol merchandise, enough for idol otaku status.

Feb 3, 2013 8:22 AM

Sep 2012
Hoppy said:
Niko is too bossy for my tastes, and having her join as the captain of the group, I mehed at first but it quickly grew on me as her exercises were cute. She has quite a lot of idol merchandise, enough for idol otaku status.
She is the equivalent of Suzuko of AKB0048 - the all-knowing idol otaku. It's just that while Suzuko is quiet and reserved, Niko is brash and fussy ;-)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 3, 2013 2:37 PM

Nov 2009
The captain of the group? really... e_e
I hope Honoka can take over after Niko's self-acting as captain
Feb 3, 2013 4:07 PM

Apr 2011
I don't want Niko to be captain. She's a bit weird.

Did I just hear "who's gonna be center" on the next ep preview?
Feb 3, 2013 8:51 PM

Dec 2012
Can't help myself so I watched RAW already. I will be back to comment on it when subs is released.
Feb 3, 2013 9:07 PM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
Can't help myself so I watched RAW already. I will be back to comment on it when subs is released.
Watching your avatar as the main heroine of an episode must be thrilling.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 3, 2013 9:37 PM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
ThangLong said:
Watching your avatar as the main heroine of an episode must be thrilling.

It sure is. I love her rich troll faces xD
Feb 4, 2013 12:48 AM

Feb 2012
Another great ep. Lol'd more this ep than all previous eps combined me thinks!

Nico's pretty interesting. It's great they have someone that is more of a captain and knows quite a bit about idols.

Next ep should be interesting since it seems to be about finding a center. I think Honoka's got that covered though :P
Feb 4, 2013 4:30 AM

Jul 2011
Another good episode. Don't really care for Nico much but meh. I like Rin and Maki the best so far
Feb 4, 2013 4:39 AM

Oct 2011
Hanayo XD nice to see her.. passionate about something ;)

and Nico - she reminds me of Azusa, but way more asertive type. But she is adorable and way she defrosts was cute.

This series keeps being one of better this season.
Feb 4, 2013 5:20 AM

Sep 2012
So much win in this episode. That show keeps me entertained all the way.
Feb 4, 2013 5:26 AM

Jun 2008
I'm very, VERY suprised that this show is that good! I mean... GREAT! I love it so much! ♥

巨人を一匹残らず駆逐してある!
Feb 4, 2013 5:32 AM

Apr 2011
Nico sure knows some ninja moves. The way she attack Honoka in the beginning.

Her hilarious antics keeps me laughing and smiling. In the end Honoka got her to join up.

Next is Center? A Center!? Like in Akb0048 Center??

If so, I thought Center only exist in akb idol.

It's obvious that it'll be Honoka.

With only two members yet to join. I wonder how'll they convince the two of them?
Feb 4, 2013 5:42 AM
Jul 2018
And..... 1 More member to the list. Now that makes 7 Members. And Yeah I'm surprised at how good this show is turning out.

Plus Da Face...
Feb 4, 2013 5:58 AM

Sep 2007
It was SO awesome. The first part of the ep was really funny, and then the second made me say ''Awwwwww!!'' all the way. I like every characters, quite a new thing for me, especially when it comes to idols. More please!
Niko is too great and cute......... qwjrhnwjknjkajndakl!?!?!?!?
I have to wait one week again D:
Feb 4, 2013 7:32 AM

Apr 2011
Niko makes awesome funny and troll faces out there.
MagitoFeb 4, 2013 7:48 AM
Feb 4, 2013 7:38 AM

Nov 2009
Niko is my favourite character by miles. Appearance wise as well as personality wise =)
Feb 4, 2013 7:44 AM

Aug 2012
Riptos said:
Niko is my favourite character by miles. Appearance wise as well as personality wise =)

I agree.
.................................................................................
Feb 4, 2013 8:15 AM

Sep 2012
Watched this episode Three Times, and I have to say this is not just the strongest episode so far in this wonderful series but it is one of the best episodes I have seen so far in this season (and I have been following >25 series in this season). Everything is perfect or near perfect. The characters are funny and lovely - and all the many funny faces they made are all hilarious. The motion sakuga and animation has never been better. The pacing is on the spot. The characterization of Niko is all round and has good depth. The directing made sure there is a lot of humor balanced with firm character and story development together with the right amount of heart touching mood. I found my eyes also wet when Niko wept her tears at the end of the episode, but I also found myself laughing louder than even when I watched the latest episode of Haganai or Minamike, which are all very funny episodes by themselves. And the seiyuu, particularly the one for Niko (too many great moments to recall but I particularly love her demo of the idol smiles) and Hanayo (that DenDenDen dialogue is gem), all performed superbly.

tl;dr A perfect episode for an unexpectedly awesome series
symbvFeb 4, 2013 8:38 AM

Feb 4, 2013 8:21 AM

Sep 2010
Another awesome episode.... Tsundere IRC president is EPIC....

4/5
Feb 4, 2013 9:07 AM

Nov 2012
nico-senpai (❁´◡`❁) it was surprisingly moving how she started to cry at the end
Feb 4, 2013 10:11 AM

May 2012
This show just wows me to no end o_o
It's become as amazing as Idolm@ster!

One season is not going to do this show justice. I really hope we can see more of them later on!

This is easily my favorite show of the season~ Which is a tough spot to take with AKB and Vividred airing, but everything about this show is just amazing ~

I think one thing this show is doing really well, is introducing all the characters at the beginning (like in Idolm@ster) and gradually introducing us to them. Instead of just having each episode be a recruitment episode, we've been seeing the possibility of these girls joining from the start, and learning about them from the start. Which I feel is much better than trying to push everything into one episode. I really want to know why the president is so against this though.

Her and her VP are the last two members left to recruit, so this should be quite the interesting venture ~

And, it needs to be mentioned that Honoka is an awesome main character! She can pull people together, and actually goes through with things, no matter how impossible it might seem! She also really understands what people are thinking, which is a VERY important trait for a leader.

I definitely see her pulling off center, but we'll have to see where this goes. Just glad they finally are an official club ~
Feb 4, 2013 11:48 AM

Jan 2011
This is great, I love all the character development. I'll probably pick up The iDOLM@STER when I have time, because I'm really enjoying this. Niko's emotions at the end were amazing, not that made me happy. I'm really looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 4, 2013 12:39 PM

Jul 2010
All those faces made this episode were funny to watch.
Feb 4, 2013 12:45 PM

Jan 2013
A 95 percent 5/5 rating.
Feb 4, 2013 12:45 PM

Dec 2012
My my, what a different does subs make! All the jokes are a lot funnier we you understand the appropriate context. This one for example:

Nico-chan is the main heroine of this episode. She is a loli Idol Extraordinaire but also a pretty clumsy and "unintentionally" funny character. Her facial expression is very rich and she provided most of the gags in this episode.
Despite what Nico said, all other members already have a distinct personality. Ones that does not needed to be faked out but rather encourage to be exposed more

Honoka is amazing as the "center" of the club. Her people skill is off the chart with that funny and ditzy personality to boot. She is going to be one of my favorite idols

Umi is a serious type but also too afraid of failure. Her reaction when her dance step was criticized is lol-worthy. She also possesses the best voice so far

Kotori is a pleasant yes-man type but she still holds a secret that was hinted at in this episode

Maki-chan is lovely, a talented, serious, pretty, and rich tsundere. What is not to loved?

Hanayo is shy but she has the cutest voice among the idols. Any guy would love her to read English textbook to them. xD

Rin is very sporty and energetic. She would lid the entire crowd on fire with all that energy.

All in all, a great collection of characters. This anime has so much forward momentum. The plot moves effortlessly with no dull moments so far. All the girls are likable. I'm so looking forward to this every week.
ThangLongFeb 4, 2013 1:16 PM
Feb 4, 2013 12:47 PM

Dec 2012
A bonus for us. Be hold the Nico Nico Dance :D
Feb 4, 2013 12:57 PM

Jul 2012
I always feel cheered up after watching this anime.
Feb 4, 2013 1:55 PM

Jan 2008
Look, the poop is running.
Feb 4, 2013 1:58 PM

Apr 2011
ThangLong said:
Honoka is amazing as the "center" of the club. Her people skill is off the chart with that funny and ditzy personality to boot. She is going to be one of my favorite idols

She's already my favorite since the first episode

ThangLong said:

Umi is a serious type but also too afraid of failure. Her reaction when her dance step was criticized is lol-worthy. She also possesses the best voice so far

She makes some funny faces too.

ThangLong said:

Kotori is a pleasant yes-man type but she still holds a secret that was hinted at in this episode

Based on her reaction, I have a good feeling she's Minalinsky-san. Her sight of relief is cute.

ThangLong said:

Rin is very sporty and energetic. She would lid the entire crowd on fire with all that energy.

She's as energetic as Honoka. I laugh at Nico easily getting tired of running and Rin easily catching up to her.
Feb 4, 2013 2:39 PM

Dec 2012
Magito said:
ThangLong said:

She's already my favorite since the first episode

On second thought, she is mine too. She reminds me of a person I like dearly :)

twonline said:
Another awesome episode.... Tsundere IRC president is EPIC....

4/5

Lol, I know who is the lone 4/5 so far ;)
Feb 4, 2013 3:41 PM

Feb 2011
LOL @ the poop hat .

Also , why not take in the whole school in u's lol ?
Feb 4, 2013 3:48 PM

May 2012
As always, cute. Didn't expect Nico to be a good idol at all. For some reason, I read her type as all talk, no results.
Feb 4, 2013 4:18 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty good episode, they finally officially formed a club and now have 7 members. I'm interested in what their next performance will look and sound like.
4/5.

Feb 4, 2013 4:21 PM
Oct 2010
great ep. enter idol otaku. hope someone doesnt shave their head
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Feb 4, 2013 5:13 PM

Nov 2012
the show just keeps getting better
Feb 4, 2013 7:46 PM
Oct 2011
my favorite so far :
niko (well, since natsuiro egao de 1,2 jump)
rin (latest 2 episodes)
Feb 4, 2013 8:07 PM

Oct 2011
HAHAHAHA OMFG Rin is hilarious!!!! I spit out my orange juice when she stopped dancing and the rain just POURED on her. xDD
And that running scene with Nico... This episode was BRILLIANT! "The Poop is Running!" lmao
LuxtressFeb 4, 2013 8:18 PM
Feb 4, 2013 9:20 PM

Jan 2011
funny episode enjoy all those troll faces!
but dat nico dance MY eyes!
Feb 4, 2013 9:54 PM

Feb 2012
just imagining nico H-doujin in the future just gave me a nico boner.. loli looks+pigtails = my favorite
lordmaster316Feb 4, 2013 10:00 PM
Feb 4, 2013 10:17 PM

Nov 2011
This ep was as good as, if not better than the 1st ep, Nico is definitely one of my favorites in this show, her rash attitude and personality is really fun to watch, that or my obsession with girls with any kind of dere-like attitude XD

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 4, 2013 11:41 PM

Sep 2012
Watched this episode for THE FOURTH TIME.

I wonder what Kotori knows about Minalisky, the super Akihabara idol, and who Minalisky is.

Feb 5, 2013 3:58 AM

Jan 2008
Funny episode~
Nico's neko attack was pretty was fun to watch~
Liked the BGMs
Feb 5, 2013 4:58 AM

Nov 2008
Romedbaumann said:
Riptos said:

I agree.

and my least favorite by miles ~

A very fun series so far though

symbv said:

I wonder what Kotori knows about Minalisky, the super Akihabara idol, and who Minalisky is.

me too quite curious about that
sirwenceFeb 5, 2013 5:02 AM
Feb 5, 2013 5:11 AM

Sep 2012
sirwence said:
symbv said:
me too quite curious about that
I now have two guesses:

1. Kotori has a sister that is actually Minalisky.
2. Kotori may have been doing part-time in Akihabara and Minalisky is her secret identity.

I think 1 is more likely than 2, but of course there can be some other possibilities....

Feb 5, 2013 10:43 AM

Apr 2011
I think that Kotori is Minalinsky herself base on her reaction. And she really don't want anyone to find out, but we'll soon see. :)
Feb 5, 2013 1:40 PM

Jul 2009
haha that's a nice 180 in personality.
nice they got an 'expert' now!
Feb 5, 2013 1:49 PM

Apr 2008
Looking back on what Nozomi said about Nico being a past school idol before, it makes me curious about who else was a school idol before? I'm guessing Eri and maybe Nozomi were also part of the school group too since Eri has been very negative with the school idol plan. Guess we have to wait till next week and see.
Feb 5, 2013 2:41 PM

Feb 2010
Great Episode really enjoyed it from start to finish XD, Nico is a very nice addition to the group. 5/5
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Apr 22, 11:52 AM

» What's the watch order?

Kayroad - Dec 10, 2023

10 by October_Animate »»
Mar 16, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2013

141 by firstamizade »»
Feb 3, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bippo - Mar 17, 2013

128 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 7, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

204 by Salty_Cookie »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.