Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 4, 2008 11:20 AM

Nov 2008
De-JaY said:
I didn't noticed this before but somehow Minorin's facial expression

reminded me a bit of

Who the hell is that?
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 4, 2008 11:27 AM

Sep 2007
It was a good episode but a bit predictable on the cave part. It was kind of easy to assume that Kitamura and Minori were the ones up to no good given their character and relationship.

I like how the show throws Ryuuji's pairings all up in the air. There was a decent amount of development between Ryuuji and both Ami and Minori in this episode. At this point, I'm going to have to say RyuujixMinori is the most plausible one but that's still subject to change since we're not even halfway through the show yet.
Dec 4, 2008 11:29 AM

Jul 2007
draker said:
Meh, an okay episode. Didn't happen anything special.

Mhm I think it did. Probably, Minori is starting to fall in love with Ryuuji, since in the end she says "If we keep searching...if you keep changing my world, I will..." then he says "Oh it's an UFO explosion!"

When they're talking about ghosts and UFOs, they're just talking about finding a person to fall in love with.
Dec 4, 2008 11:32 AM

Feb 2008
slayer545 said:
De-JaY said:

reminded me a bit of

Who the hell is that?

Gununu-Version of Kotomi Ichinose
Dec 4, 2008 11:40 AM

Feb 2008
Kind of a boring episode. I'm attributing it to me not liking Minorin. Oh well, they can't all be awesome.
Dec 4, 2008 11:42 AM

Nov 2008
The whole thing with Ryuuji saying he'd be lonely without Ami, then saying it was more like she'd be lonely without him, is kinda him acknowledging her as a friend now right?

I..... don't like Ryuuji with Minori. I prefer with with Tagia =/ she looked really sad at the end actually.
Dec 4, 2008 11:44 AM

Nov 2008
De-JaY said:
slayer545 said:
De-JaY said:

reminded me a bit of

Who the hell is that?

Gununu-Version of Kotomi Ichinose

Ok well Kushieda might look with that expression a little like Kotomi but not near the IQ potential. :P
Dec 4, 2008 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
De-JaY said:

Maybe on purpose, featuring such MADs?
How come they are called Gununu? I think this was an original picture of Ana Coppola (Ichigo Mashimaro)?
Dec 4, 2008 12:03 PM

Mar 2008
i want ami more every episode. seriously. otherwise, great, and it seems that kushieda might be interested in him too, and it looks like taiga is beginning to realize that she actually likes him quite a bit too
Dec 4, 2008 12:05 PM

Aug 2007
When I thought they couldn't surprise me with Ami fan service they still try to out do it. Anyway not a bad episode. I'm glad I was able to see where he stands with each person now.
Dec 4, 2008 12:08 PM

Aug 2008
id said:
lol it was Minorin's work afterall! too bad ryuji miss out so many chances to confess especially when minorin asked him why he tried to scare her > <
kisami said:
does she know that he likes her or not, cause she talks like she knows.
It's apparent from their conversations about 'ghosts' (ie love) that they both realize she's not ready for a confession.

vaberella said:
Anarel said:
... is the typical character prototype...
So they're all prototypes.
They word you're looking for is archetype, not prototype.

Wasabi said:
At this point, I'm going to have to say RyuujixMinori is the most plausible one but that's still subject to change since we're not even halfway through the show yet.
Sadly, very possible: I dread a 'you helped me find love' breakup scene (example 1, example 2).

@HoaRy
XD I love those kinda vids
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 4, 2008 12:43 PM

Dec 2007
Hmm, I wonder if Ryuuji and Minori will end up together, I've gotten the "you'll make some girl very happy someday" from someone I've liked but that didn't work out.

#NBHNC
Dec 4, 2008 12:44 PM

May 2007
Another great episode! XD

Looks like the plan was backfired after all. Reverse psychology at its finest.

So far I guess this be my one-on-one relationship analysis in Toradora~

Ryuuji & Taiga: Partners in crime, always seen together, house next to each others, cooperative in seeking each other's mate, don't see each other as lovers.
Ryuuji & Minori: Ryuuji seeks to have relationship, Minori one sees him as a great and understanding friend.
Taiga & Minori: Classmate friends.
Taiga & Kitamura: Taiga is crazy for Kitamura while he's too dense at realizing it.
Ryuuji & Kitamura: Kitamura is a friend who understands Ryuuji well.
Minori & Kitamura: Also partners in crime, also seen and appear together a lot of times, relationship between each other so far is no more than friends.
Ryuuji & Ami: Despite of toying around, Ami seeks more intimate relationship with Ryuuji, maybe she got really interested with him after episode 6.
Kitamura & Ami: Childhood friends.
Taiga & Ami: They're like same poles of magnets.
Minori & Ami: Doesn't seem to have direct relationship, but Ami wants Ryuuji to not be with her.

It's been two nice holiday trip episodes, but I'm looking forward for more school romantic comedy next ep!

Don't have a lot of GIFs to share this time but...

Dec 4, 2008 12:55 PM
Dec 2007
Spy47 said:
draker said:
Meh, an okay episode. Didn't happen anything special.

Mhm I think it did. Probably, Minori is starting to fall in love with Ryuuji, since in the end she says "If we keep searching...if you keep changing my world, I will..." then he says "Oh it's an UFO explosion!"

When they're talking about ghosts and UFOs, they're just talking about finding a person to fall in love with.

Yep and it's became clear that Ami is to (and I don't even speak about Taiga), so that makes all girls in this anime in love with Ryuuji in the end. Let the best win !

Very good episode too and a nice follow-up to the already awesome episode 9. There's much more in Toradora than in most comedy/romance animes nowadays, since the direction is very well-done, dialogues and voice acting are top-notch, just like character relations and it's overall pretty original, a lot of developments are unexpected even if you have seen tons of animes of the style. So, it's probably my favourite comedy/romance show of the year after Nodame (not exactly the same genre though).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 4, 2008 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
JadeMatrix said:
@HoaRy

This one is the best one these days, especially when it is looped on Niconico (which is currently offline >.<)
Dec 4, 2008 1:01 PM

Jul 2008
It was an ok episode, definitely not as good as the past 2 episodes have been. Way too much Ryuuji x Minori, not enough Taiga. With last weeks episode I though this episode would have some serious romantic implications with Taiga in this episode(Taiga being scared with Ryuuji by her side), but I guess I was wrong lol.

I just hope it doesn't take Ryuuji the entire damn series down to the last episode to "choose his path" if you will. Only thing I've disliked about this anime is the fact that they are giving these eroge-harem like options for Ryuuji(pretty much picking between Ami, Minori and Taiga). I mean I don't mind the emotional bonding between the characters but the romantic indesiciveness of dudes in anime is a major pet peeve of mine.

Granted this episode didn't really have any romantic implications between Ryuuji and Minori, it was just a emotional connection between friends. I'm 100% for Ryuuji x Taiga ending here. Just gotta hope the next episode goes in my favor lol.
Dec 4, 2008 1:37 PM

Jan 2008
At the end of this episode I have no freaking idea who is the best pairing with Ryuuji. Obviously it will probably end up with Taiga, but Ami and Minorin are really awesome pairings as well. Ami fits his personality better and she's drop dead sexy. That scene with Minorin? Christ it was so cute I exploded.
Dec 4, 2008 1:38 PM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode...not so much because of the "scary" parts, but more because of the development of the relationships. Even though I still feel like this is skewing a little harem-y for my taste, it was still a pretty good episode.
Dec 4, 2008 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
HoaRy said:
JadeMatrix said:
@HoaRy

This one is the best one these days, especially when it is looped on Niconico (which is currently offline >.<)
Hmm, I don't think it was as good as the other one. (The first of those vids I ever watched was probably 'Sounds of CoD4')

As to Minori's 'reverse psychology,' it immediately made me think of Evil Overlord List #220:
Whatever my one vulnerability is, I will fake a different one. For example, ordering all mirrors removed from the palace, screaming and flinching whenever someone accidentally holds up a mirror, etc. In the climax when the hero whips out a mirror and thrusts it at my face, my reaction will be "Hmm...I think I need a shave."
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 4, 2008 2:45 PM
Oct 2007
Not enough Taiga. *Sniffles* ~_~

All of the metaphorical conversations were well scripted. I really liked the moon/sun comparison, which is so true, as well as the believing/seeing or not believing/seeing "ghosts".

I think the show will drift away from the haremy situation very soon. Just looking at the preview, Taiga will have some sort of conflict/fight with Ryuuji. I still like all of the characters a lot and hope each of them will be developed with care. At least, Minorin finally mentioned her parents.
Dec 4, 2008 3:20 PM

Jun 2007
Stomachbutterfly said:
I'm really not liking the harem-like aspect this show has seemed to start going down to much.

Im not liking it that much either :/
ChiBuki said:

ó_ò
Dec 4, 2008 3:24 PM
Apr 2008
Well, Minori's still my favorite character, and will probably continue to be until the end of the series. It's looking like a Ryuuji/Minori pairing is still possible, but it probably won't happen just so the producers can make it stay canon, which I think sucks. The episode, all in all, was just OK. And daaaamn, Ami is pretty sexy. :D
Dec 4, 2008 3:30 PM

May 2007
hanabiii said:
ChiBuki said:

ó_ò
ò_ó
Dec 4, 2008 3:38 PM

Jul 2008
Its painfully obvious now that ami likes takasu, that whole equal thing just proved it, i wonder if she'll try anything in the next episode? and what about minori? but i liked the ending with the fireworks, "galaxy war" lol ^_^
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 4, 2008 3:41 PM

Jul 2008
Nice episode :) The counter attack was unexpected to me. Awesome episode 5/5. And I smell character development

Dec 4, 2008 4:09 PM

Sep 2008
Oh, Episode 10 got Subbed...

Didn't really get the UFO exploding thing that Minori said @ the end... But great episode
Dec 4, 2008 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
De-JaY said:

reminded me a bit of

LOL

Great episode!
Dec 4, 2008 6:07 PM

Oct 2008
Ami + Breasts = 5/5 /Thread
Dec 4, 2008 6:20 PM

Aug 2008
Good ep, I love Ami. I'll probably have to re-watch it in the morning though, when i'm not so extremely drunk
Dec 4, 2008 6:25 PM
Dec 2007
For anyone complaining about the harem implications and Ryuuji being indecisive... while Ryuuji is indeed kind toward everyone, his goal is pretty much set. As a matter of fact he's pretty much twarted every advance Ami has done so far while avoiding trampling all over her feelings. The harem feeling is indeed there, since Taiga has that closeness to him and Ami has openly been seeking him out, but Ryuuji seems very set on his target so far.

This episode didn't help boost my oppinion of Ami at all. All she did was try to convince Ryuuji that Minori was not for him, which is really just her changing target after she noticed Minorin is the actual rival for Ryuuji's affection and not Taiga. She's just too full of resentment, which makes her a little distant with the rest of them. I mean, she obviously can't deal with Taiga, has no relationship at all with Minori, and seems to hold some resentment with Kitamura. She's quite pitifull all in all.

Dec 4, 2008 6:52 PM

Oct 2007
This is kinda interesting in that unlike most harem leads he is almost actively leading them on. He kinda egged on Ami and Minori,well he's trying to develop that relationship. Other harem leads just do it by inactivity.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 4, 2008 6:55 PM

Jun 2008
I now support Ryuuji x Minori. It probably won't happen though :<
Dec 4, 2008 6:56 PM

Nov 2008
Excuse me? Anyone who says that this anime is becoming bad because it's becoming a harem doesn't know what the definition of a harem is. This whole series was based on the premise of two close friends liking two other people, with the 5th character being introduced to like the lead main, Ryuuji. Whether they pull a swerve or not and go with the least obvious relationships remains to be seen, however, there is nothing wrong with the "harem" side of the equation, as it's not like all the lead females are going for the main guy (at least not yet). Even if they were, strong plotlines and characters would have lead up to it. So please, get your hand off it hey?

AnistylezDec 4, 2008 7:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Dec 4, 2008 7:06 PM

Nov 2008
Stomachbutterfly said:
I never said I'd hate the show if it became a harem, it's just not my personal preference. I never said it would make the show bad either, I still think this is one of the best romance comedies I've seen in a really long time. So, I don't think my dislike of the harem aspect that may or may not even continue, makes me an idiot lol.

To me a harem is when multiple girls like one guy? lol

I respect your opinion hey, but how is it becoming a harem in any shape or form? :| A harem is when there is one male lead and all of the females jostle to try and win him over. This isn't like that at all. There are many possible relationships, therefore it is a ROMANCE/comedy anime. There are no harem elements so far, only a love square with Kawashima in the middle. Even now, I'm hoping for a few swerves.. there is nothing set in concrete... therefore, there isn't even the faintest glimpse of harem elements.

Oh and it was a good episode really lol. They have a good formula going on.

Toradora is the best thing to happen in anime in 2008.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Dec 4, 2008 7:06 PM

Feb 2008
hirahira said:

Really? I'm hoping more for a Taiga x Ryuuji.

L2 Search - http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/236/3/9/L2_Search_by_Siya_Akuma.jpg
We're all getting trolled by Mayans. They probably thought "Fuck this shit, let's end the calendar and say shit's gonna go down."
Dec 4, 2008 7:09 PM

Nov 2008
Sayalol said:
hirahira said:

Really? I'm hoping more for a Taiga x Ryuuji.

Taiga X Ryuuji is the more obvious one lol...I am kind of in support of Ryuuji x Minori as well. I agree though, it is not likely to happen. Which is fine, I like Dragon x Tiger as well.

Dec 4, 2008 7:09 PM

Jun 2008
Not quite as good as the previous episode I felt, still alright though. Man from what I took of it, it seems that all three of the girls like Ryuuji! Lucky guy!
Dec 4, 2008 7:11 PM

Nov 2008
Stomachbutterfly said:
Swiftstylez said:
Stomachbutterfly said:
I never said I'd hate the show if it became a harem, it's just not my personal preference. I never said it would make the show bad either, I still think this is one of the best romance comedies I've seen in a really long time. So, I don't think my dislike of the harem aspect that may or may not even continue, makes me an idiot lol.

To me a harem is when multiple girls like one guy? lol

I respect your opinion hey, but how is it becoming a harem in any shape or form? :| A harem is when there is one male lead and all of the females jostle to try and win him over. This isn't like that at all. There are many possible relationships, therefore it is a ROMANCE/comedy anime. There are no harem elements so far, only a love square with Kawashima in the middle. Even now, I'm hoping for a few swerves.. there is nothing set in concrete... therefore, there isn't even the faintest glimpse of harem elements.

Oh and it was a good episode really lol. They have a good formula going on.

Toradora is the best thing to happen in anime in 2008.

It may not become a harem, but IF Minori starts to like him, and Taiga realizes she likes him, and Ami is obviously making passes at him, it would be harem like.

There will be GLIMPSES of haremness, at best, as from the start it wasn't that way inclined. If all of the lead females like him, then two of them are going to have to be turned down and one of the turned down females is going to end up with his friend. You have nothing to worry about if that's the way the series is going, which I honestly doubt. One girl is going to have to miss out on a lead character relationship lol. That is going to be sad. My bet is Ami.

Dec 4, 2008 8:26 PM

Jul 2008
Pretty decent episode in my opinion, since we got a little more clarification from Ami and Minori.

I've been thinking that we may have been going towards a TaigaxRyuuji ending, but now I can't really tell at all.
Dec 4, 2008 8:49 PM

Nov 2008
nice ep.
not as funny as the past few but the story is developing nicely.

I am liking Ami more and more.
hi
Dec 4, 2008 10:25 PM

Aug 2008
Aw I loved this episode! drama, drama, drama! So now Ryuuji basically has three girls after him. I could even slightly see him ending up with Ami.

I think it's going to be Ryuuji/Taiga, but I would be totally cool with Ryuuji/Minori. I love how Minori has developed - she's real now and it makes her that much more appealing. Man, this series rules. It's like Zero no Tsukaima except with an actual story and no ex machina!
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Dec 4, 2008 10:43 PM

Aug 2008
Although Stomachbutterfly, I'm with you on best friends getting together in the end. That's always the best and when it's painfully obvious and it doesn't happen, it's just too sad. (like in Honey and Clover. Ugh! That ending made me want to throw up!)

But I'd be ok right now with Ryuuji/Minori because Taiga doesn't appreciate Ryuuji and before this trip, never even made an attempt to help him get Minori even though he does everything for her. So it's hard to see them as "best friends."

I'm good with either (which is rare for me, i.e. Harry Potter - I got insane about specific pairings), but right now, I'm leaning Ryuuji/Minori just because I think they'de be cute and because I can see Ryuuji/Taiga staying friends.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Dec 4, 2008 11:22 PM

Jul 2008
Swiftstylez said:
I respect your opinion hey, but how is it becoming a harem in any shape or form?
Its mostly all these Clannad(or any Key production for that matter) kool-aid drinkers that are all screaming "WELL I WANT HIM TO CHOOSE THIS GIRL" instead of just accepting that a Ryuuji x Taiga ending is a 99.9% possibility.

At least that's it from my perspective, and I'm probably holding too much against the anime and not the people commenting on it lol.
Dec 4, 2008 11:40 PM

Sep 2008
I want Taiga to fall in love with Ryuuji
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Dec 4, 2008 11:45 PM

Oct 2008
Jarmel said:
This is kinda interesting in that unlike most harem leads he is almost actively leading them on. ... Other harem leads just do it by inactivity.

I agree with the inactivity part, but I also think it's more about indecisiveness. And it's pretty clear Ryuuji wants Minori. As for the other girls, it seems he is content to just be friends with both. For me, that's why this doesn't feel like a typical harem anime, which is why I like it.
Dec 4, 2008 11:51 PM

May 2008
Zange said:
Ami + Breasts = 5/5 /Thread

QFT

Dec 5, 2008 12:01 AM

Jul 2008
LeapofFate said:

I have yet to see anything that leads to Minori being romantically attracted to Ryuuji. Emotionally yes they have connected, but romantically I have seen nothing. I can see how you can make a case for it but it is certainly not "obvious" by any means.

As for Ami, she seems to just be playing the role of the lonely temptress. Which pretty much means she is using Ryuuji as an outlet to express how lonely she is, and its pretty obvious that she isn't really even a candidate.
Dec 5, 2008 1:21 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
cute episode.
i wonder who Ryuuji will end up with...
p r o f i l e 👀
Dec 5, 2008 1:46 AM

Nov 2008
Defiance said:
LeapofFate said:

I have yet to see anything that leads to Minori being romantically attracted to Ryuuji. Emotionally yes they have connected, but romantically I have seen nothing. I can see how you can make a case for it but it is certainly not "obvious" by any means.

As for Ami, she seems to just be playing the role of the lonely temptress. Which pretty much means she is using Ryuuji as an outlet to express how lonely she is, and its pretty obvious that she isn't really even a candidate.

Ami connection with Ryuuji is definitely strange, it looks like shes playing around with him but sometimes she can get strangely serious. She may fall for him for real while playing around. Ami did more or less tried to distance Ryuuji and Minori in her advice. Ami is so hard to read that why she is the most interesting girl to me (but her relationship with Ryuuji has the most honesty in it out of the three imo)
As for Minori, that little talk with Ryuuji near the end kinda sad , no quite sure his feeling was understood or not. They strangely distanced from each other.
Taiga least interesting for me, while she can be a complex chara her connection with Ryuuji kinda straightforward

Dec 5, 2008 3:53 AM

Nov 2008
ALTIMIT said:
Defiance said:
LeapofFate said:

Ami connection with Ryuuji is definitely strange, it looks like shes playing around with him but sometimes she can get strangely serious. She may fall for him for real while playing around. Ami did more or less tried to distance Ryuuji and Minori in her advice. Ami is so hard to read that why she is the most interesting girl to me (but her relationship with Ryuuji has the most honesty in it out of the three imo)
As for Minori, that little talk with Ryuuji near the end kinda sad , no quite sure his feeling was understood or not. They strangely distanced from each other.
Taiga least interesting for me, while she can be a complex chara her connection with Ryuuji kinda straightforward

I think more that Ryuuji is trying to get inside the bubble world of Minori and understand her that way which in turn has to do with UFOs and ghosts. Like I said in #9, replace those two terms by love along with its elements. and you might get a better answer.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.