Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 11, 2014 12:03 PM

Oct 2013
Another poorly directed episode. It cut all over the place and had too many close-ups. Hopefully the crazy events of this episode are explained and not glossed over because a lot of it doesn't really make sense at the moment. Just when I thought the bad directing of the series was in the past...
Nov 19, 2014 11:07 AM
Dec 2013
WTF?
I hate how Saki is all crazy about Maria
poor Satoru

But apart from that great episode shits going down
FuckMAl4132Nov 19, 2014 11:18 AM
Jan 1, 2015 1:12 AM
Oct 2014
come back maria plz
Jan 17, 2015 1:43 PM

Sep 2011
I LOVE Kaburagi Sheshi, the only overpowered character in the series. I guess they weren't exaggerating about his cantus having the strength to split earth in half?

But DAMN. That's some sneaky shit the Bakenezumi pulled, terroistic and fearsome. Humans should really reconsider the organization of their society.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 5, 2015 12:45 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This show continues to impress me. The tension was absolutely palpable. The sneaky attack by the Rats was impressive in it's sophistication and malevolence.

Either the head of the Ethics committee is lying about the bodies of Mamoru/Maria (to protect Saki and her grandson perhaps?), or the Rats really got them back in the day. And is there a chance for Maria and Mamoru to have had offspring (raised by Rats?)? Or is it Maria who is behind the Rats new offensive firepower?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 6, 2015 12:28 PM

Feb 2013
Farabeuf said:
This show continues to impress me. The tension was absolutely palpable. The sneaky attack by the Rats was impressive in it's sophistication and malevolence.

Either the head of the Ethics committee is lying about the bodies of Mamoru/Maria (to protect Saki and her grandson perhaps?), or the Rats really got them back in the day. And is there a chance for Maria and Mamoru to have had offspring (raised by Rats?)? Or is it Maria who is behind the Rats new offensive firepower?

I coul answer it but i wont^^^since you will see everything soon enough :P
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Apr 16, 2015 6:47 PM

Jan 2014
What a shame, indeed. Maria was cute. Hope she's dead.

Oh well, I liked those double pupils.
I guess they were supposed to symbolize something.
I don't know what, though. :Đ
Apr 25, 2015 5:28 AM

Oct 2013
This was a very predictable plot direction after the last episode, but it was quite exciting all the same. I'm not sure which was better: Shisei's display of power or Tomiko's display of unfiltered loathing towards Squealer.

These last few episodes have been a blast.

I'm glad posters here clarified about the relationship between Saki and Satoru, because the show's done a downright terrible job at displaying it... I most certainly never would've guessed.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 19, 2015 1:05 AM

Mar 2010
Am I the only one who was annoyed by Saki in this episode? She could have told everyone about how dangerous Robber Fly is and about the False Minishino years ago, or at least when the conflict first started, but was completely silent during the meeting like none of this involved her.
Jul 10, 2015 3:44 AM
Dec 2011
holly god.. the rats got this much courage but how? why did the rats started this anyway i can relate to what satoru said "everything is so wrong" satoru looks hot and saki is hot now that they 26 years old u forgot to mention these things because of the awesome plot thats going on! another lady appears when the bold powerful man died and looked at saki and smiled !!!

also i think his name was "shisei" he is so hot and very cute :3 so much is going on. these rats ? whats their purpose in all this? what was the motive to start thins anyway :3
Jul 10, 2015 10:31 AM

Feb 2013
lakshika said:
holly god.. the rats got this much courage but how? why did the rats started this anyway i can relate to what satoru said "everything is so wrong" satoru looks hot and saki is hot now that they 26 years old u forgot to mention these things because of the awesome plot thats going on! another lady appears when the bold powerful man died and looked at saki and smiled !!!

also i think his name was "shisei" he is so hot and very cute :3 so much is going on. these rats ? whats their purpose in all this? what was the motive to start thins anyway :3

its obvious. they are treated like slaves. i mean if they kill a human their whole colony gets destroyed, and they need to sign smth to have war with a different colony... so its obvious what the motive is :P
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Sep 29, 2015 10:52 AM

Jan 2013
Sneaky queerats ... , didnt expect him to be so strong btw, we also know why he's been covering up his eyes now.
Nov 15, 2015 2:39 PM
Feb 2013
I'm sure Maria is alive and she's somehow related to Yakomaru.
I don't really care about Mamouru to be honest.
Talking about Yakomaru, he started as a low being seen as trash from even his own species and now he's standing up against "Gods", that guy sure is amazing.
I wonder if he will really be able to change society.
Jan 5, 2016 11:20 PM

Sep 2013
You slaughter little kids, you'll never get my sympathy. Please, just die, old woman.
Jan 23, 2016 10:59 AM

Sep 2015
Ohhh this is getting pretty interesting now... I'm lovin' it!
Feb 20, 2016 12:33 AM

Jan 2008
Shit just hit the fan
aeroFeb 20, 2016 12:36 AM
Feb 26, 2016 11:11 AM

Aug 2014
That twist was really good, the surprise attack fucked up the village, Also Kiroumaru was smiling last time so there is something weird.
Excellent Episode.
Mar 8, 2016 7:46 PM

Oct 2014
Great episode, but I bet Squealer has more tricks up his sleeve and that the next episode will have some intense stuff with the groups trying to eliminate leftover rats.
Mar 23, 2016 5:19 PM
Nov 2014
Why I didn't record my face, this episode make me move.
Mar 24, 2016 2:25 PM

May 2009
whole series is amazing and it always stays amazing. Squealer has become quite the character and going up in ranks with his silver tongue.

Visit my anime review blog on TisLife.net and on YOUTUBE, thanks!
Mar 30, 2016 12:19 AM

Mar 2010
Intense/10, I had a bad feeling from Yakomaru back when he first saw him in episode... 3 or 4, maybe? I don't remember exactly. Anyway, I really wonder what happened with Maria and Mamoru. They are dead, aren't they? They have to be if DNA tests confirmed that those were their bones, unless she was lying for some reason (and I doubt it). But if they're dead and Yakomaru killed them to get the bones, what would he accomplish from the act? I thought he held them captive/brainwashed to use their Cantus, but this doesn't really make sense.
Apr 9, 2016 5:52 AM
May 2012
Humans would have done the same thing Queerats did if there was something controlling them.
Shisei is a badass, though.
Apr 29, 2016 3:28 AM

Sep 2015
So much for Squealer's notion of "all life is equal" when he's sending off suicidal cannon fodder. Pretty much sealed his fate now though. They might be advancing very with technological, but declaring war on the people who could split the world in two on a mere whim is never going to play out how you would like it to.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Aug 2, 2016 5:20 AM

Apr 2009
Questions and even more questions, even now. *sigh*

If there is a Cantus-empowered human among or even secretly allied with the Robber Fly colony then it may really be Maria or Mamoru hiding among them but Tomika vouched for the veracity of the human bones presented citing DNA and dental records unless she's using her influence to silence them and cover for Saki still?

Well some queerats have the gall to defy gods eh? And Shisei has two pupils and irises in each eye, genetic mutation? O_O
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 21, 2016 10:43 PM

Mar 2015
This is getting interesting a bit, the action! Yes!! What lacked in this show is action!!

4 pupils!! I guess Kishimoto didnt come up with this idea on Naruto series.

I love ED 2 more than previous ED.

ED2 Song: 4.7/5

3.5/5
Sep 13, 2016 10:11 PM

Mar 2015
Interesting... so the Squealer is fighting against them. Or is it possible that they were controlled like what they dead guy did? Is it possible it's a revenge from Maria and Mamoru?

Anyway, Shisei is unexpectedly strong. I thought he was just being a head of stuff.

Also Maria ditched Saki because they can't have a child? This bitch...

Oct 19, 2016 12:15 AM

Sep 2013
Best episode yet.......

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 6, 2016 11:20 PM

Jul 2008
Yakomaru is definitely going to die for this.
Nov 18, 2016 2:35 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Some people are saying Saki and Satorou are acting like a couple but I only see 2 people that have know eachother since childhood, and so have deep and complex bonds with eachtother, I dont see any love there.
What I see is that Saki loves Maria still, so I hope Maria appears soon, it is hinting that she has probably became a fiend somehow so there will be alot of emotions going on.

And that preview for the next episode, Darkness.. OH SHIT!!
Jun 14, 2017 6:30 PM
Apr 2009
cronosilver said:
You are in for surprise both with Maria, mamoru, saki and satoru (I'm not one to bring about spoilers) and the shit that goes down with squealer, I waited for this episode to express...wait for the plot twist, its a brain shaker
"I'm not going to spoil you, but you're all in for a surprising plot twist with characters who have been confirmed dead"

lol
Jun 26, 2017 6:47 PM

Sep 2014
Summertime...and the Living get Dying. EP 19.

Plot: Kiroumarou's clan got wiped out but he's still out there somewhere. THere's speculation that there was a Power user helping Squear, such as Maria and Mamoru but those bones Squera promised help put the kibosh on that. But enough about that there's a festival to be had. Too bad Saki's seeing ghosts and monsters that aren't there.

But everything when Squera and the Robber Fly colony attacked. Not only do they fight with explosives and poison gas, they manage to kill the fat council dude. I guess the war is on now.

And Ghost Maria mentions how she wouldn't have survived long in the town. And about girls and babies. What's that about?

Character:I give props to Satoru and the Ethics lady. He's more or less been on the ball on the Monster rat distrust. And the Ethics lady id bring up making sure things were cool before they do anything else.

Main Security guy was badass. But what's with those eyes?

Animation/sound: Da heck was up with that Security guys eyes? And what was the spector image the fat guy made?

The festival and Saki's chase were nice but sad to witness. It really is just her and Satoru. So sad

And then came those...

yumekotan said:
Am I the only person who for some reason found this the most terrifying part of the episode?

Yeah that. That worried the heck outta me and I don't know why.

And that Maria thing...

5/5. It begins.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jul 1, 2017 12:39 PM

Nov 2016
Wow this was so intense.

Although Kiroumarus tribe was wiped out he's still alive, but his location is unknown.

Squealer gained the knowledge to use weapons with a lot of destruction potential and it also seems like he had the support of a Cantus user when he fought Kiroumarus army.

The attack during the festival was pretty thrilling, Shisei kicked ass, but Kofou was taken due to his arrogance.

Hiromi died too and Tomiko promised revenge on Sqealer, that was creepy.

The monologue of Maria at the end was kinda depressing :/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 11, 2017 4:37 AM

Jan 2016
I knew that Squealer was up to no good as soon as I realized it has the same name as that cunning and manipulative pig in Animal Farm :/
Jul 17, 2017 11:31 PM

May 2015
Shit got depressing as fuck.
Oct 10, 2017 5:32 PM

Jul 2009
Dang, this was an amazing episode! So the real question is ... were Maria and Mamoru dead after all?! I mean they've got DNA evidence and dental records ... surely Yakomaru couldn't have prepared for that right? Either way, the attack at the festival was crazy, with gas and camouflage and sneak attacks. Seems as though masked guy with four irises is crazy strong though. As for the guy with the fans that died, looks like his soul was leaving or something? That's why he wanted it to be "beautiful" I guess? :O
Oct 19, 2017 1:47 PM
Nov 2015
No sympathy for the whisker guy at all. So annoying.
Oct 19, 2017 1:52 PM
Nov 2015
What's with the "Hello" "Goodbye" frame??
Feb 13, 2018 12:12 AM

Aug 2017
Lol the fight. The bakenezumi are doomed to be killed now. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 17, 2018 5:41 AM

May 2016
Why won't they stop talking about Yuri and stuff it's really disgusting I loved this episode but the ending ruined it for me.
May 10, 2018 2:53 PM

Jan 2018
It's pretty sad that the Queerats had a jump on the humans. Very interesting.

Dec 20, 2018 6:48 PM

May 2013
Damn, if those bones were real, Yakomaru's gonna get it D:<

I hope Kiroumaru finds him first to torture him a bit before the rest of the humans do

Why did Saki look like she recognized the Assassin's Creed lookin guy's face? :0
Kokoro_KotashimaDec 20, 2018 7:15 PM
Apr 25, 2019 4:43 PM

Sep 2014
Seeing maria again hurts.
This anime really makes it look like saki and maria were lovers. Well, maybe they were to a degree, as Maria said, she wants kids.

Storywise I just cant hate Squealer as much as I should. He does want for his people to be free, the end of this slavery. And there is some plot point which is super important for this which is still open.

But he killed Maria so get rekt.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 28, 2019 3:37 PM

Dec 2015
They ship saki with everyone they have to stick for at least one person or two if they want a love triangle but they make me confused,, anyways I liked this episode
Jul 21, 2019 6:51 PM

Oct 2016
Another great episode. Crazy and intense the whole way through.
-Four-Eyes was pretty cool.
-I wish we could have seen more of the macho man. He was cool too. Those Psi-masters give off the vibes that the Elite 4 did back in Gen 1, lol.
-As for the giant woman in the sky, there was one in one of the camping trip episodes too, when that Samurai guy used his black tornado thing spell.

SwanQueen said:
They ship saki with everyone they have to stick for at least one person or two if they want a love triangle but they make me confused,, anyways I liked this episode

It's probably a reference to that whole Bonobo thing.
EDIT:
Updated signature because Tinypic is shutting down.

PikslapJul 28, 2019 6:33 PM
Jul 28, 2019 12:47 PM

Dec 2015
Pikslap said:
Another great episode. Crazy and intense the whole way through.
-Four-Eyes was pretty cool.
-I wish we could have seen more of the macho man. He was cool too. Those Psi-masters give off the vibes that the Elite 4 did back in Gen 1, lol.
-As for the giant woman in the sky, there was one in one of the camping trip episodes too, when that Samurai guy used his black tornado thing spell.

SwanQueen said:

It's probably a reference to that whole Bonobo thing.

Yeah I know but I didn't thought that they will make it THIS much
Aug 7, 2019 1:34 PM

Sep 2017
That suspense!!!! It felt like a horror movie for a second,really made me hold my breath and hope for the best.
I have a sliiuuught feeling is the red head who “supposedly” died,but again,im probably wrong.
I wonder how they will go about this

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Sep 25, 2019 11:29 AM

May 2017
This was a cool episode. I can't believe how crazy the politics are getting with the monster rats. I'm shocked that the Giant Hornet colony was just wiped out?? And without any evidence, it looks like a power user is working with them... they figure that Mamoru and Maria might be the ones helping, but Squealer had already provided absolutely identical bones and teeth.... that's just too creepy. I guess I would start to doubt the kind of technology that these humans have, as it is 1000 years into the future, and much was wiped out by the power users themselves... but how could teeth be faked?
Nov 20, 2019 5:59 PM

Feb 2017
Lol, in the Squelear flashback, his voice audio was panning left and right. Was pretty amusing to hear while stoned.
Feb 10, 2020 4:28 AM

Dec 2018
Well it will be hard to catch Yakomaru, he's the slyest character in this show.

It appears there's a mysterious spiritual lady that appears every now and then...

That bald guy who deny to cancel the festival eventually died because he deny to cancel the festival.

Lmao, Kaburagi Shisei, taking the definition of four-eyes to the next level. Speaking of four eyes, there's no one wearing glasses in this show, I guess they all have healthy eyes.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 4, 2020 1:44 PM

Aug 2019
Shit, this episode was epic and intense. This show is so good at presenting the perfect tense atmosphere. But I'm a bit disappointed that they do not show any moments clarifying the relationship between Saki and Satoru. If not for the replies in this thread, I doubted them being a couple. They seem to be focusing much more on her relation with Maria, whom I never cared about that much.

Still nothing is sure regarding Maria and Mamoru's death. The whole festival scene was awesome with the rats finally starting their rebellion. It was quite clever of them to use poison gas. That four-eyed guy was totally badass. As was Tomiko when swearing revenge against Yakomaru. That preview gave me chills.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.