Forum Settings
Forums

Are you happy with the direction in which your country is going?

New
Are you happy with the direction in which your country is going?
Jan 31, 2013 3:56 PM

Oct 2009
Whatever your country is, are you happy with how it's becoming? Of course, feel free to elaborate, provide solutions, etc.

I'm not happy with the direction the US is going towards.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 31, 2013 4:01 PM

Sep 2011
No, the whole world is going to shit, anyone that honestly thinks their country is heading in the right direction needs to get their head out their own ass

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 31, 2013 4:01 PM

Jan 2013
Not really.
"Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen." -VD
Jan 31, 2013 4:08 PM

Oct 2012
I'm more politically aligned with Gary Johnson (the Libertarian party) if that tells you anything...

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 31, 2013 4:18 PM

Jun 2007
Tavor said:
I'm more politically aligned with Gary Johnson (the Libertarian party) if that tells you anything...

That's where my vote went.

So no, I'm not happy with the direction it is going. But it could have been much worse.
Jan 31, 2013 4:26 PM

Oct 2012
Leondre said:
That's where my vote went.

So no, I'm not happy with the direction it is going. But it could have been much worse.

Interesting. I intend to vote for him (that is he's able to run again) in 2016, more than likely though, I'll be discouraged to vote for any third party candidates ever again.
Two-party system will dominate for years on end. Still neat Gary Johnson got...was it 1% of the national vote? Maybe less.

Jan 31, 2013 4:32 PM

Jan 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
No, the whole world is going to shit, anyone that honestly thinks their country is heading in the right direction needs to get their head out their own ass

Care to elaborate on this? Do you know the economic/social state of every country? While I am inclined to agree with you, there's got to be at least one or two places heading in the right direction.
As for me, I'm nowhere near happy with the direction that the U.S. is headed in
Jan 31, 2013 4:37 PM

Jan 2011
To be honest... I can't really determine what direction my country is going in... It feels like we're standing still, but the Internet says the world is turning to the East... I call shenanigans, but if I had to choose, I think I'm content with my country moving to the East.
Jan 31, 2013 5:29 PM

Mar 2011
Wildly indifferent.
Jan 31, 2013 5:54 PM

Oct 2012
I would say the whole world moves in the right direction, just at a stupidly slow rate so it can be very frustrating, and every countries has their problems whether its war or depression or civil rights violation everyone has a reason to vote no in this poll
Jan 31, 2013 5:57 PM

Mar 2012
I don't really know Canada well enough, but no since, like everyone else, we're not doing anything significant about climate change.

RandomChampion said:
What direction is that?
JoshJan 31, 2013 6:04 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 31, 2013 5:58 PM

Jan 2011
Post-Josh said:
RandomChampion said:
What direction is that?

Oh yeah here we go!
Be humble or be humbled.
Jan 31, 2013 6:04 PM

Oct 2012
Post-Josh said:
RandomChampion said:
What direction is that?

One Direction.

Jan 31, 2013 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
InfiniteRyvius said:
Wildly indifferent.
Jan 31, 2013 6:10 PM

Jan 2012
I am not at all happy with America and its direction.
Jan 31, 2013 7:01 PM

Mar 2011
Haven't been happy with the direction of the country in a long time...sometimes there are glimmers of it heading in a alright direction but always disappoint.

So I have become indifferent....
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Jan 31, 2013 7:19 PM

Jun 2008
Currently I'm disappointed Toronto isn't getting extended subway lines.

We also could use more efficient models of trains in our longer South/West lines. This second idea shouldn't even be particularly that difficult to do.

But eh, Canada seem to have a culture (whatever culture this is) encouraging laziness. Construction and repair seem to take ages, schools are overly lax and carefree, and the list goes on and on.
Jan 31, 2013 7:23 PM

Apr 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

This is hilarious. For us developed countries, it's getting worse. For everyone else, it's going great. There are many countries in Africa, South America, and Southeast Asia which are enjoying growth and looking optimistically to the future.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Jan 31, 2013 7:25 PM

Jan 2013
I can't speak for the rest of the world, but in regards to the United States, we need a complete overhaul of senators. Our currently elected senators are so clueless with current times that it's just lagging the rest of the country behind. And don't give me that "My guy is fine, it's the rest of them that's bad" crap. Of course, there will always be a group of people in any era who will be against progress. Double-sided sword of a republic I suppose.

But the world, as a whole, is going towards the right direction I think.
Jan 31, 2013 7:29 PM

Jun 2008
Ineptia said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

This is hilarious. For us developed countries, it's getting worse. For everyone else, it's going great. There are many countries in Africa, South America, and Southeast Asia which are enjoying growth and looking optimistically to the future.
I dunno, the whole the world is getting worse sounds like going overboard with cynicism.

I mean, the US is finally starting to implement health care, issue bans on guns, that's some progress at least?
Jan 31, 2013 7:31 PM

Oct 2012
Tachii said:
I mean, the US is finally starting to implement health care, issue bans on guns, that's some progress at least?

I suppose from an outside perspective, it may seem like a good thing, but boy, it's a heated issue here in the states.

Jan 31, 2013 7:42 PM

Mar 2011
^ What I was thinking
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Jan 31, 2013 7:55 PM

Apr 2011
Regardless of whether or not it is a heated issue, it has become the supreme law of the land and I doubt state right proponents can do very much to stop it. Of course a future president or a very partisan Congress (without the schism between Establishment and fringe Republicans) could tear it apart or leave it unable to be enforced.
Jan 31, 2013 8:05 PM

Dec 2011
Not really.
Jan 31, 2013 8:13 PM

Apr 2012
When Canada finally begins to raise the standard of our military and begins a campaign to destroy all other nations and on their ashes rebuild a perfect Canadian regime in which all men and women not born in Canada (as in the natural Canada, not the filthy countries Canada controls) are slaves, then I'll be happy with the direction we're going in.
mdude009Jan 31, 2013 8:17 PM
Jan 31, 2013 8:17 PM

Apr 2011
mdude009 said:
When Canada finally begins to raise the standard of our military and begins a campaign to destroy all other nations and on their ashes rebuild a perfect Canadian regime in which all men and women not born in Canada are slave, then I'll be happy with the direction we're going in.

Canada is just our hat. California alone has more people than all of Canada combined. That's right, I said it.
Jan 31, 2013 8:19 PM

Apr 2012
Ineptia said:
mdude009 said:
When Canada finally begins to raise the standard of our military and begins a campaign to destroy all other nations and on their ashes rebuild a perfect Canadian regime in which all men and women not born in Canada are slave, then I'll be happy with the direction we're going in.

Canada is just our hat. California alone has more people than all of Canada combined. That's right, I said it.

Which is why we need to start implementing some sort of forced breeding program to get our numbers up, one day the world will regret ever having doubted Canada.
Jan 31, 2013 8:36 PM

Feb 2005
Eh, I suppose we're doing okay. Although I certainly would like a government with some balls, preferably a right or centre party this time instead of endless leftist collaborations, and with that, hopefully less of this bullshit about actually enforcing anti piracy laws and harsher regulations for immigration and integration.

But I won't be fully appeased until we get rid of this pathetic joke called representative democracy and try something new and potentially more effective, like a technocracy with elements of direct-democracy.
RandomChampion said:
both of those things u mentioned are bad things, mate
Oh, you'd rather poor people die then?
Jan 31, 2013 8:39 PM

Apr 2011
RandomChampion said:

Tachii said:

Universal healthcare you could call a bad thing potentially, but not health care by itself. Yeah I know, that's what you meant.
Jan 31, 2013 8:39 PM
Jul 2012
Yes
Jan 31, 2013 8:59 PM

Feb 2012
mdude009 said:
When Canada finally begins to raise the standard of our military and begins a campaign to destroy all other nations and on their ashes rebuild a perfect Canadian regime in which all men and women not born in Canada (as in the natural Canada, not the filthy countries Canada controls) are slaves, then I'll be happy with the direction we're going in.

I like the way you think......
Tachii said:
But eh, Canada seem to have a culture (whatever culture this is) encouraging laziness. Construction and repair seem to take ages, schools are overly lax and carefree, and the list goes on and on.

Unfortunately it'll never happen.
Jan 31, 2013 9:07 PM

Apr 2011
Baman said:
RandomChampion said:

If we had a Single-payer health care system then I might agree. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) just makes it a requirement to purchase health insurance. If you can't afford it, you pay a fee and that's it, no coverage. It's more a benefit to the middle class than to the poor because it's just meant to lower the cost of premiums. It's really a half-assed program that isn't ambitious enough to fix the problem.
Jan 31, 2013 9:18 PM

Oct 2009
Ineptia said:
Baman said:
RandomChampion said:

If we had a Single-payer health care system then I might agree. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) just makes it a requirement to purchase health insurance. If you can't afford it, you pay a fee and that's it, no coverage. It's more a benefit to the middle class than to the poor because it's just meant to lower the cost of premiums. It's really a half-assed program that isn't ambitious enough to fix the problem.

wow someone who understands lol

poeple dont even realize that universal healthcare does not necessarily equal obamacare

it's not a black and white solution here. obamacare is flawed
Jan 31, 2013 9:40 PM

Aug 2012
Election time is near in my home country, I expect the same shit to happen just like the previous elections. But oh well, there's no direction to go but up. So I might say I'm neutral on this.

My Youtube page: link
Feb 1, 2013 1:20 AM

Dec 2007
Nope, not satisfied.

Senators in my country are incompetent, actors-turned-politicians, who bicker over how it's unfair some senators received less allowance (mass's money, mind you) for the Holidays from the Senate President. Senators who are sons, daughters, cousins, wives, brothers, sisters of other current/previous politicians. The government is a big family business in my country.

They plan to legitimize charging libel over the internet. Say a comment like this might actually land me in jail.

The current President's a little more compassionate than the last at least, so progress?
Feb 1, 2013 1:41 AM

Jan 2012
RandomChampion said:
Whatever your country is, are you happy with how it's becoming? Of course, feel free to elaborate, provide solutions, etc.

Feb 1, 2013 4:35 AM

Sep 2011
You mean Hungary?
HAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHA lolnope >_>
Feb 1, 2013 4:41 AM

Jul 2007
I have been unhappy with my country since the Romans invaded.
Feb 1, 2013 6:11 AM

Feb 2012
A few days ago, a presidental elections took place in my country.

Luckily the most normal candidate won (although I admit it could be interesting to have a count, Fantomas or the first Japanese president as the lead of my country), so I guess it means Czech people are trolls but they take things seriously in the end.
The new president isn't against the European union like the previous one, so that's a good thing I guess.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Feb 1, 2013 8:20 AM

Sep 2009
The UK: Good lord no.

Scotland: Ambivalent.

Czech Republic: Unsure.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Feb 1, 2013 8:25 AM

Feb 2008
The Channel Islands: Yes and no. We've lost quite a lot of our island heritage in the last decade or so because all of our money has been going into our business and finance sectors. I'm more worried about the way other people view us in the future, especially with things like tax evasion and drug trafficking. Neither of those things even effect your average islander.

Britain: Will only get worse the longer the Tories are in power.
Feb 1, 2013 8:31 AM

Feb 2012
ROMNEY LOST THE ELECTION SO NO, I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE DIRECTION MY COUNTRY IS GOING.

"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Feb 1, 2013 8:38 AM

Jun 2009
Unsure, for the most part. I don't know what to think of the idea of Scotland separating from the rest of the UK. I haven't kept up with it much recently, so I'm not sure what the percentages are of people who still agree to it neither. That said, I'm happy with the direction it's going in other social issues.
Feb 1, 2013 2:59 PM

Dec 2012
No, there is so much issues going around the US, and arguments/flames from both sides of the 2 political parties regarding them. It seems that they just can't compromise, at all.
Feb 1, 2013 3:10 PM

Aug 2012
Every country has their problems. It's how they go about resolving them that matters.

And the way mine is resolving them, I don't like it.

So no (momo po po go go fro yo).
Feb 1, 2013 4:58 PM

Jul 2011
I would be surprised to find anyone completely content with the way their country is moving. There are many things I feel the United States could do better, could move away from, or could change that would provide a better quality of life overall. That's not to say I hate my country or anything so extreme, just that it's a long road and we still have a long ways to go.

Feb 1, 2013 5:09 PM

Feb 2008
From the economic point of view, no, I strongly disagree with my country's current program of Keynesian spending. You can't have a true market without liberalizing it. In terms of politics and foreign affairs, I am content with my country's current way.
Feb 1, 2013 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
Hell No.
Feb 1, 2013 10:36 PM

Oct 2010
Nah. Lotta stupid people holding back progress in America, with politicians that only agree on things that damage the country at as a whole.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Have you ever put someone on the 'Ignored Users' list?

Thy-Veseveia - May 7

26 by AdamBirch »»
9 minutes ago

» I got a girlfriend recently and she gets really emotional when i pay for things for her. Why do you think that is?

TheBlockernator - May 4

27 by AdamBirch »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » do godzilla or any other kaiju actually exist irl?

FruitPunchBaka - 3 hours ago

4 by Rhae »»
36 minutes ago

» Are you aware of these Japanese memes?

Kiryotsu - May 4

18 by traed »»
37 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again?

KiraraFan - May 7

15 by kihel »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.