MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin To Be Aired in 2014
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin To Be Aired in 2014

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
01-29-13, 1:04 AM

According to Monthly Gundam Ace magazine, Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin was announced to be aired on TV in 2014.

Source: Gundam Ace

01-29-13, 1:15 AM

I'm hoping it will be for Winter.

01-29-13, 1:19 AM
Forum Moderator
That's a year away from now :|

01-29-13, 1:41 AM

saw this news earlier and damn i thought it will be an OVA like Gundam Unicorn but as long as the animation quality is top notch then this is great

01-29-13, 1:44 AM

I thought that this project was dead by the lack of news about it. I hope the quality will worth the waiting :D

01-29-13, 2:27 AM

2014!?!!?!?!?!

DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

01-29-13, 3:09 AM

Was hoping it would be sooner but, man, I am really looking forward to this since I really liked the Original series.
"Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right."

- Yui Ikari, The End of Evangelion

01-29-13, 4:10 AM

TheKindlyOne said:
2014!?!!?!?!?!

DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

I know how you feel, my friend.

Patience is a virtue. Who knows what's in store for us next year after the end of Gundam Unicorn OVA this year?

01-29-13, 4:14 AM

Hope this is better than 0079 (although this isn't a difficult task).

01-29-13, 4:15 AM

How accessible should this be to someone who has not seen any UC?
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

01-29-13, 4:49 AM

Miya_F_Exia said:
Hope this is better than 0079 (although this isn't a difficult task).

How is it even possible to say something like this and be considered a Gundam fan or even interested in the franchise? It's a more fleshed out version of that story in manga form for what it's worth but if you didn't like the story in it's initial incarnation good luck getting into this one lol

jmal said:
How accessible should this be to someone who has not seen any UC?

Should be very accessible since it ought to be starting even before the beginning of the original. From what I understand this actually starts some time before the original series and features the lead up to and the One Year War. Not going to be much more of a bridge or starting point into UC than this most likely.

If I were you though I'd sooner be asking if you really want to deal with the incredibly ragey Gundam fanbase in and around the internet. Though maybe it would help you find out why I'm so largely anti-fandom in general when it comes to my comments on other forums. You can scarcely find a more dismissive, arbitrary and nigh impossible to please fanbase these days I kid you not. I have mixed feelings regarding people losing their shit over this entry and following the typical Gundam Cycle as always.

For the record Gundam Cycle is basically like this:

-New Gundam series comes out
-People bitch about it not being from the continuity they want and how it's going to suck based off of limited criteria and information
-Show comes out, people claim it might be the worst entry ever in the franchise after a month or so of episodes and proceed to suck any possible enjoyment to be had out of it for themselves and others
-Show continues to air and enters it's second half as people find more and more to complain about and views to the preceding Gundam series in the cycle start to soften.
-Show ends, people officially proclaim it the absolute worst entry in the franchise, prior entry either becomes an instant classic or "no longer the worst"
-Rinse repeat when next series is announced
Modified by Kaioshin_Sama, 01-29-13, 5:11 AM

01-29-13, 4:50 AM

I'm curious to know how many episodes it has. Or I wonder how many people would apprecite the anime today. People's tastes change or become diversified as time goes by. The latest examples were Lupin Mine Fujiko toiu Onna and Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199. Both Lupin and Yamato were very popular in 70s, but they didn't draw so much attention when their new series were aired/released last year.

01-29-13, 4:51 AM

It retells events of first Gundam series so you don't need to know anything about UC.

01-29-13, 4:57 AM

So the only Gundam series I've ever seen gets a remake? Figures -.-
I'd have preferred a remake for Zeta, but I guess I'll watch it. The Yamato remake is great too so I have high hopes for this.
Check out our Simul Watch CLUB and join if you're interested!

Ratohnhaketon said:
I can hear the anti-SOL purists gathering outside with their plotforks.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste,
I show love 'cause it's a terrible thing to hate.

01-29-13, 5:03 AM

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
So the only Gundam series I've ever seen gets a remake? Figures -.-
I'd have preferred a remake for Zeta, but I guess I'll watch it. The Yamato remake is great too so I have high hopes for this.

They already did that, it was a movie trilogy called A New Translation that featured significant changes to the story as the movies went on to the point where I'd consider it a remake or alternate telling.

01-29-13, 5:10 AM

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Should be very accessible since it ought to be starting even before the beginning of the original. From what I understand this actually starts some time before the original series and features the lead up to and the One Year War. Not going to be much more of a bridge or starting point into UC than this most likely.

Sounds good. At most I'll miss some references existing fans will get, but that's not the end of the world. Other than AGE I've liked all the Gundam I've seen so I assume this should work for me too.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

01-29-13, 5:18 AM

jmal said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Sounds good. At most I'll miss some references existing fans will get, but that's not the end of the world. Other than AGE I've liked all the Gundam I've seen so I assume this should work for me too.

At least you have a better chance of enjoying it than most knowing your open mindedness though I strongly and I mean seriously strongly suggest avoiding online discussion of it as much as possible if you don't want the experience ruined by default since as I mentioned the Gundam fanbase is kind of ragey and loves to complain and find things to nitpick and flame. Also in all honesty you're probably much better off not being a longterm fan of the franchise since you care zero baggage in and have nothing to compare it to in the form of the original series or the movie trilogy.

01-29-13, 5:19 AM

Never a big Gundam fan, but I might watch it.

01-29-13, 5:55 AM

Amuro is 59 years old.
Char is 63 years old.

No more delay. Please.

01-29-13, 7:13 AM

LET THE REVIVAL OF GUNDAM TV RESTORE WHAT WAS RUINED BY AGE!

I hope the animation quality is top notch like Unicorn. xP

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices