Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of Light Novel 'Log Horizon' Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 24, 2013 2:53 PM

Dec 2012
Similar to SAO? Guess I'll watch it..
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jan 24, 2013 3:15 PM
Jul 2008
jmal said:
HauntingShock said:
Another SAO...
Well, it could be better... but Satelight? I don't know... 1st time I've heard of them~

They're a reasonably major studio. They do a lot of in-between/assistance work but have the main animation role on quite a number of shows:
AKB0048
Aquarion
Macross Frontier
Mouretsu Pirates
Shugo Chara
Symphogear (w/Encourage Films)
- and quite a few others.

Frontier is obviously their biggest show by far but they have decent success overall.

I hadn't notice, but besides the fact that most of those are pretty bad or mediocre, they really seem to have a thing for mecha. I wonder if there's any in this anime?
Jan 24, 2013 3:29 PM

Feb 2008
Maybe it will be SAO, but decent instead of terrible? One can dream...
Jan 24, 2013 3:30 PM

Sep 2012
Nachotee said:

I hadn't notice, but besides the fact that most of those are pretty bad or mediocre
Bad or mediocre to you I guess. Many would rate those shows as pretty good or very worthwhile.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 24, 2013 3:32 PM

Oct 2012
haha...of course everyone reaction is "another SAO?"

Romance and Shounen together :) I'll give it a shot

Jan 24, 2013 3:44 PM
Aug 2012
Never jugde a book by it's cover also,don't you think it is a little early to start judging?
It may be a great anime rather than just cheap ripoff of SAO.
I'll definetly give this one a go.
Under the stars,we are all the same...
Jan 24, 2013 4:18 PM

Aug 2011
Wait guys! It's NOT an SAO clone! 30,000 players get trapped in this game--not 20,000! So it's clearly different and original!
Jan 24, 2013 4:29 PM
Aug 2012
DraconisMarch said:
Wait guys! It's NOT an SAO clone! 30,000 players get trapped in this game--not 20,000! So it's clearly different and original!

This guy gets it.
Jan 24, 2013 4:39 PM

Feb 2010
So this are the effects of shit art online selling good uh? Well it can't be worse than SAO, can it?
Jan 24, 2013 6:08 PM
Oct 2011
I'm not going to bash on it just because it looks like SAO. I've never read/watched .hack so I'm not going to bash either Log or SAO for 'copying' hack. The stupidity of others will never end, I suppose.
I'll give this a try, like with any other anime. They all deserve a chance.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkdoll25&sclick=1">
Jan 24, 2013 6:20 PM

Sep 2012
DraconisMarch said:
Not to say the difference you can clearly read from the short synopsis available for the LN in MAL: "In the world that is a fusion of reality and the game" and "the city of Akiba" (i.e. Akihabara).

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 24, 2013 7:47 PM

Nov 2011
Might give this a shot. Maybe.
Jan 24, 2013 7:58 PM
Dec 2012
eminagnam said:
Synopsis
"Elder Tale" is a long-established and popular online game: but the day in which was introduced the 12th expansion pack, 30,000 Japanese users have been confined to the world of the game. In the world that is a fusion of reality and the game, our hero Siloe begins his fight from the city of Akiba.

Another SAO?

Stahp.
But I do hope it's better than SAO.
HazunoJan 24, 2013 8:01 PM
Jan 24, 2013 8:26 PM
Aug 2011
Vanisher said:
So this are the effects of shit art online selling good uh? Well it can't be worse than SAO, can it?

SAO is clearly a 1/10, so no it can't. It could be on par with it, but I highly, highly doubt that.
Jan 24, 2013 9:58 PM

Oct 2008
japan is DYING i tell you. DYING
Jan 24, 2013 11:10 PM

Jun 2010
Sae said:
How do I ripped off SAO.

How do I ripped off .hack, too.
Jan 25, 2013 12:20 AM
Jan 2013
edwd2 said:
well looks better than SAO to me at least, based on that cover art. But oh wait, Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Magic, Romance, Shounen, never mind.

Expecting TW to license the novels here in China soon.

Huh? Those tags are pretty good.
Better than effortless harem. I just hope this isn't an effortless harem like SAO
Jan 25, 2013 12:31 AM

Jun 2010
only book i read is twilight c,: it my favorit book ^///^
Jan 25, 2013 12:50 AM

Oct 2011
The SAO trend continues
Jan 25, 2013 12:55 AM

Sep 2012
I thought being trapped inside video games was a theme since.. like the 80's..

SAO ripoff? That's like saying that any show that is action based is a rip off of Naruto. Shut the hell up and judge it when you watch it. Think for yourselves.

But I won't be watching this. The main character design is unappealing to me.
Jan 25, 2013 1:16 AM

May 2009
BigSimo said:

Japan is already dead.
Jan 25, 2013 1:27 AM
Mar 2010
bergil said:
BigSimo said:

Japan is already dead.

how is Japan dying? O.o

symbv said:
Not to say the difference you can clearly read from the short synopsis available for the LN in MAL: "In the world that is a fusion of reality and the game" and "the city of Akiba" (i.e. Akihabara).

I've always wanted to visit that place.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 25, 2013 4:01 AM
Jul 2008
Kuraaiiya said:
edwd2 said:
well looks better than SAO to me at least, based on that cover art. But oh wait, Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Magic, Romance, Shounen, never mind.

Expecting TW to license the novels here in China soon.

Huh? Those tags are pretty good.
Better than effortless harem. I just hope this isn't an effortless harem like SAO
How is SAO a harem?
The only romance in SAO is the love triangle between his sister him and the asuna. Any other girl just appears there for an episode and then goes away. That's not what a harem means. This is seriously stupid. I'm fine with people disliking SAO, or I would be fine with it if at least half of them had a reason to do so, but you don't need to comment on it on every thread that you can.

At any rate-- Judging a show on the basic premise is just retardedly stupid. Btooom, Ixion Saga, and SAO, share more or less the same basic premise (getting trapped inside a videogame, or in Btooom's case, a game which is a copy of a videogame), yet are not even close to being similar to eachother. That just shows you are being stupid and hurriedly hating on anything that reminds you of SAO.

Edit: Oh yeah, that second paragraph was general, not directed to the guy I quoted.
Jan 25, 2013 6:58 AM
Oct 2009
Why so much hate for SAO lol! It was flawed but it had some really cool parts too ww

Anyway, storyline does sound similar with the synopsis, but it is a cool storyline so I'm eager to seeing how they'll do it. Style will quite probably be very different.
Jan 25, 2013 9:04 AM

Oct 2011
I wonder if it'll be another disastrous anime adaptation like SAO!! LOL!!
Signature
Jan 25, 2013 9:08 AM

Dec 2011
So another ''LOL I'm inside a video game!'' anime, eh?
That theme is getting very...overused right now, but anyway I'm going to watch how is it.
Jan 25, 2013 10:03 AM

May 2009
I'll only watch it if it's a SAO rip-off.
bergilJan 25, 2013 12:37 PM
Jan 25, 2013 10:13 AM

Sep 2011
how is its a SAO rip off is SAO ripped off .hack?

Nachotee said:
How is SAO a harem?
probably has something to do with every single female character that comes into contact with kirito wants his dick within seconds

saying whether thats a good or bad thying is sujective but saying SAO isnt a harem is outright wrong

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 25, 2013 12:07 PM

Jul 2012
Nachotee said:
How is SAO a harem?
The only romance in SAO is the love triangle between his sister him and the asuna. Any other girl just appears there for an episode and then goes away. That's not what a harem means. This is seriously stupid. I'm fine with people disliking SAO, or I would be fine with it if at least half of them had a reason to do so, but you don't need to comment on it on every thread that you can.

It has a bunch of girls falling for him. If you bothered to watch the last episode, you'd know its more then a love triangle.

... You know what fucking everyone gives reasons as to why they hate just. No. Stop. Please.
Jan 25, 2013 5:31 PM

Mar 2012
eminagnam said:
Synopsis
"Elder Tale" is a long-established and popular online game: but the day in which was introduced the 12th expansion pack, 30,000 Japanese users have been confined to the world of the game. In the world that is a fusion of reality and the game, our hero Siloe begins his fight from the city of Akiba.

Another SAO?

Exactly what I was thinking.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jan 25, 2013 7:55 PM

Sep 2011
Can't wait to see it in anime.
Jan 25, 2013 8:35 PM
Jan 2013
Stop judging before the anime is actually air unless you read the light novel.
I'll see if the anime is any good.
Jan 25, 2013 8:42 PM
Jan 2013
ThangLong said:
jmal said:
HauntingShock said:
Another SAO...
Well, it could be better... but Satelight? I don't know... 1st time I've heard of them~

They're a reasonably major studio. They do a lot of in-between/assistance work but have the main animation role on quite a number of shows:
AKB0048
Aquarion
Macross Frontier
Mouretsu Pirates
Shugo Chara
Symphogear (w/Encourage Films)
- and quite a few others.

Frontier is obviously their biggest show by far but they have decent success overall.

You forget Hellising and Fairy Tales

and Hellsing OVA.
Jan 25, 2013 8:54 PM

Oct 2012
I'm trying to not to compare this to SAO but every MMORPG based anime has been completely underwhelming to me....

I've give this a shot since I truly wish to see the genre done well.

My hopes aren't too high though.
Jan 25, 2013 9:53 PM
Nov 2011
I haven't watch any other MMORPG themed anime but I haven't finish watching SAO because of the horrible views of it, especially the idea of where every female seems to depends Kirito and all the girls loves him. I have no idea why. But I will try to finish it though and hopefully I don't have migraines after watching it.

I will not compare Log Horizon to SAO and treat it as it own and hopefully it comes out good.
Jan 25, 2013 11:18 PM
Aug 2012
It's not a SAO rip off. The LN was published before SAO was even remotely popular. So shut up already.
Jan 26, 2013 3:23 AM
Jun 2009
Uhhh... Didn't really like SAO.
Jan 26, 2013 3:59 AM

Oct 2008
Dalek-baka said:
Since it's created by person which made also Maoyuu Maou Yuusha it may be interesting (and I wouldn't mind some similarities).

megucas said:
It's not a SAO rip off. The LN was published before SAO was even remotely popular...

Thank you for pointing that out! I'll definitely check this out now.
I enjoy watching (anime) and reading (manga) Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. For me it's an atypical story ~refreshing.

When I read the synopsis, it did remind me of SAO but I doubt that similar things would happen to the protagonists. It's just that the setting is the same. I think this is a good chance to see what 'else' can happen to people who are trapped in a game.

As long as I enjoy the story, It doesn't matter to me if the author didn't come up with the idea first.
Jan 26, 2013 11:41 PM

Sep 2012
Did anyone mention that Log Horizon is written by the same author who wrote MaoYuu ??

Jan 26, 2013 11:50 PM

Jun 2012
Another .hack//... Hopefully it's better than that garbage ripoff Sao.
Jan 27, 2013 1:37 AM

Apr 2011
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Another .hack//... Hopefully it's better than that garbage ripoff Sao.

I like how you guys are so ignorant and call SAO a ripoff of .hack. SAO was first written in 2001, an year before .hack first came out. If you're gonna diss on SAO, do it in the proper section, in the proper thread and with the proper information.
Jan 27, 2013 1:54 AM

May 2011
.hack ripped off tron, SAO ripped off .hack, and this ripped off SAO, end of story >.>
Jan 27, 2013 2:43 AM

Apr 2011
RockerXD said:
.hack ripped off tron, SAO ripped off .hack, and this ripped off SAO, end of story >.>

How can SAO rip off of something that didn't come out until a year after it was written? SAO was originally written by it's author in 2001, a year before .hack was released, for a competition. As luck would have it, he far passed the limit (word or line, I can't remember) so he posted it on the net instead. Later, due to it's popularity, it got published. By your logic, Naruto is a ripoff of Hunter x Hunter and One Piece is a ripoff of Dragon Ball.
Jan 27, 2013 8:42 AM

Dec 2012
I think you guys mean they influenced eachother... not ripped off. So many people comparing it to SAO already lol, it just has a similar setting, calling it a SAO ripoff is like saying every anime set in Japan are all clones.

/ptw
Jan 27, 2013 8:47 AM

Feb 2012
I like how people keep saying x ripped off x. News flash - EVERYTHING rips off something. Nothing is original. Get over it.
Jan 27, 2013 8:59 AM

Dec 2012
Yvese said:
I like how people keep saying x ripped off x. News flash - EVERYTHING rips off something. Nothing is original. Get over it.

I know, but the reason there are many complaints because rip-off is so blatant. At least wait a few years. The critics have not stopped dissecting SAO yet and we are more then likely to have a SAO S2 coming out in the Fall or Spring season next year. I have no opinion on eating-steam rice-when-it's-hot tactic but this is just too comical.
Jan 27, 2013 10:34 AM

Apr 2011
ThangLong said:
Yvese said:

I know, but the reason there are many complaints because rip-off is so blatant. At least wait a few years.

SAO's light novel was first published in Apr 2009 (created in 2001 though). Log Horizon's, in Apr 2010 (no idea when it was first created). It should be obvious that producers would jump on a show that is similar in setting after the success SAO had. Also, the critics you speak of mostly contain of immature haters who wonder why it's fans defend it after they blatantly diss on it in it's section and discussion threads, one of whom was very active in this thread.
Jan 28, 2013 8:14 AM
Jul 2012
yhunata said:
RockerXD said:

How can SAO rip off of something that didn't come out until a year after it was written? SAO was originally written by it's author in 2001, a year before .hack was released, for a competition. As luck would have it, he far passed the limit (word or line, I can't remember) so he posted it on the net instead. Later, due to it's popularity, it got published. By your logic, Naruto is a ripoff of Hunter x Hunter and One Piece is a ripoff of Dragon Ball.

SAO was originally written in 2002, not 01, meaning they came out in the same year.
Jan 28, 2013 9:20 AM

Apr 2011
Ryasha said:
yhunata said:
RockerXD said:

SAO was originally written in 2002, not 01, meaning they came out in the same year.

Was it? It's been a while since I read the novel in which he had written it down in the author's column so I got mistaken. Either way, SAO is in no way a ripoff of .hack.

jmal said:
I can't speak for others, but the issues I had with SAO had nothing to do with the premise and setting (which I thought had massive potential). I'm completely willing to let another author take a crack at it.

The main issue I have with SAO is how Kirito and Asuna
Other than that, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Oh and for those who have not watched until SAO episode 14, do not open the spoiler.
Feb 3, 2013 5:27 AM

Nov 2009
SAO hate in this topic?
I can't believe WHY and HOW some people are able to watch Animes if they don't have an open mind to accept things that aren't always logical/perfect.

I love SAO, rated it with 10, one of the best Animes ever in MY opinion. (OPINIONS, people have it!)
And i hope this one here is identical, i would probably love it too.

Haters: stop watching Animes please, stop coming to this site.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - 2 hours ago

0 by Aiimee »»
2 hours ago

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
3 hours ago

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.