Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 23, 2008 5:07 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I guess this episode explains what causes the ending of episode 2. Mei is probably dead for real this time. Ga-Rei Zero's intensity once again makes me obsessed over the series.

5/5
Nov 25, 2008 8:01 AM

Nov 2008
Wow I caught to all this! Wow this is nuts with all the blood and gore. Add to that some ecchi scenes. You got something like elfen lied which I heard but have yet to check out.

One thing I have to say about this episode. YOMI NO! NO! NO! So wrong being killed so easily by Butterfly guy! Also I would screw all and never give Nue to anyone!

YOMI! SNIFF! SNIFF! :( T_T
slayer545-samaNov 26, 2008 1:10 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 25, 2008 10:26 AM

Feb 2008
lol dude that is one huge spoiler lol
Nov 25, 2008 10:01 PM
Oct 2008
nooooo, where's the spoiler tag?! ;________;
Nov 26, 2008 1:11 PM

Nov 2008
kisami said:
lol dude that is one huge spoiler lol

Yo dude! It's fixed so next tell me again and I will fix my pic posts like so! Ok?
Nov 26, 2008 7:25 PM
Nov 2007
is episode 8 subbed yet?
Nov 26, 2008 7:27 PM

Nov 2007
mickey1372492 said:
is episode 8 subbed yet?

Episode 7 isn't even fansubbed yet. Only the raw file is out so far.
Nov 26, 2008 7:30 PM
Nov 2007
ok ty
Nov 29, 2008 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
Finally caught up on this, and it was no mistake watching this!

The butterfly guy has given up on Mei and now goes for Yomi, but we don't know any of his intentions, right?
And there will be at maximum 1 more episode of this past until we may see the continuation of episode 2, looking forward for the next ones.
Dec 1, 2008 4:02 PM

Aug 2008
Hmm... with this anime's current pacing, it seems about right. We're getting closer and closer to the conclusion of the series.

So it's all that little boy's fault that everyone is acting out of character... interesting.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 2, 2008 8:42 PM
Nov 2007
is it subbed yet?
Dec 2, 2008 8:45 PM

Nov 2008
mickey1372492 said:
is it subbed yet?

No, but I will inform ASAP but right now no subs dude.
Dec 2, 2008 9:14 PM
Nov 2007
ok ty dude
Dec 6, 2008 4:11 PM

Dec 2007
Finally it's subbed
Dec 6, 2008 5:10 PM

Feb 2008
An intense and excellent episode. This show is finally starting to make sense, after 7 episodes of understanding nothing. I can finally say this show is great and I can't wait to see how this ends.

So now Yomi is dead and the Yomi we saw in episodes 1 and 2 was being controlled by that boy? Anyway, I can see why Yomi had some issues in the first episodes.

P.S. I hope everybody watched the part after the ED :)
Dec 6, 2008 7:12 PM

Jul 2007
wow intense episode.
and MAN - i was shocked

when yomi killed mei even though she knew mei was beeing controlled. how she killed her mercilessly while mei begged for her life... man

my heart raced...

im so happy to see the story getting a move on. now there are also some connections to the cast in episode 1 (i still like them more =) ).

looking forward seeing how yomi turns evil
Dec 6, 2008 9:20 PM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-Dude there is something stuck in your hand, might want to see a doctor and get that looked at.

-Wait wasn't Yomi supposed to be the new head? I smell a coup coming on.

-Ok seriously, her dad was just killed by a demon, now is not the time to be blaming her for it and talking about how she was fooling around with boys to her face, let alone doing it while the rest of the family is present.

-Mei, now is not a good time to be an arrogant jerk.

-Yeah well your father's a lying bastard, if he wants the sword so bad tell him to come and get it.

-Even given the fact that we all know she is going to go on a killing spree at some point in the future, you really cant help but feel sorry for poor Yomi at this point.

-Ah the blue butterflys are after Mei! Anyone got a can of Raid?

-Im not kidding that butterfly kid looks a whole lot like that guy from Persona 3, only younger and more evil.

-Return of the "Briefcase of Death"

-Yomi vs. Mei...just like Starcraft II: "Hell, its about time."

-Holy crap she just cut her hand off...that was great!

-Call me crazy but I get the feeling Mei doesn't exactly like Yomi...nah must just be me. ^_^

-Its hard to tell if its Mei or the demon boy talking.

-Mei, I dont think it matters if it was you or not...Yomi is pissed and needs to kill something, and what do you know you happen to be right there.

Post Episode Comments:

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Thats about all I can say about this episode.

I was right when I said the "happy" episodes are done for. Still we only have 5 episodes left I think and there are still alot of things that need resolving, may even require a second season or something. Yeah I know this is supposed to be a prequel to the manga but still.

Dec 6, 2008 9:35 PM

Nov 2006
Sad series is sad. ;A;
Dec 6, 2008 10:04 PM

Aug 2007
slayer545 said:
Wow I caught to all this! Wow this is nuts with all the blood and gore. Add to that some ecchi scenes. You got something like elfen lied which I heard but have yet to check out.

YES! I put the recommendation for that down. Thankfully someone else thinks the same thing. Both were really good, gorey, female leads, ecchi, and thrilling to watch with great stories. You will love Elfen Lied.
Dec 7, 2008 12:22 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome episode =D, so is this the event that leads to Yomi's turning? Does she herself get this "death stone" O_O? Next episode ... I have no idea what to expect xD
Dec 7, 2008 12:24 AM
Mar 2008
That was fricken intense, all the yelling, crying, sadness, anger, development, and Yomi at the end. It was like a lighting bolt hit the tip of my wang.
Dec 7, 2008 1:09 AM

Aug 2007
I love how things are all falling into place, one of the good things about a prologue. The OST is as awesome as ever, love the insert song during the fight between Yomi and Mei. Some things to observe are the motivations behind Mei's actions and the similar event that occurred to Yomi by that weird boy (forgot his name).

Here is a hint if you didn't notice it,

This will play a huge role in the following episode(s), assuming that -zero- follows the plot of the manga faithfully (which they have been doing a great job of btw).

Another thing to mention is that the boy was never controlling Mei at all. Mei was acting based purely on her raw emotions (hatred), kind of like how one loses his/her inhibitions when they are drunk.

Sad how things are playing out really...but it sure does make for one hell of a story!
Dec 7, 2008 1:23 AM

Jun 2008
Interesting episode.Now they nearly explained everything but they didn't explain why Yomi hated Kagura,but from the looks of this episode it doesn't look like Yomi hated Kagura.
Dec 7, 2008 1:25 AM

Jul 2007
Dec 7, 2008 2:01 AM

Jul 2008
This was one of the best episodes yet, IMO. Lots of tension between Yomi and Mei. I wonder how Kagura will react to this and how long it will take her to catch on..
Dec 7, 2008 3:20 AM

Jul 2008
Another great episode of Gai-Rei Zero. After watching this, I can see why Yomi acted with as much anger as she did in the second episode. Yomi killed her father's murderer, an outcome that Mei's father can't complain about. The little butterfly prick is the big cheese in this series, eh?
Dec 7, 2008 3:34 AM

May 2007
I just watched episode 08 and it was just UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME (seriously!!! XD) !!! :D

Thoughts ---->

You know I've been berating this whole series from the time I watched the first episode but the last episodes I've watched so far (episode 7 & 8).......I'm truly astonished at how good it is. Episode 08 especially.....the ending scene was incredibly emotional for me.......damn
:blink:
Dec 7, 2008 3:52 AM

Oct 2007
I loved it when Yomi didnt hesistate when she killed Mei even though
she kind of returned to her senses.
The insert song sounded like Yousei Teikoku but i could be wrong
This anime has been been sad from the start and i dont expect it to end on a happy note.

I thought Yomi was gunna get killed by Mei but she was so easily killed by that kid!
Dec 7, 2008 5:26 AM

Jul 2007
Dec 7, 2008 5:45 AM

Jun 2008
Yomi finally died, and not only she recovered her sword, she's still holding the Michael #12. The final episodes will be fast paced, sad and gory considering the number of people that need to die to match the manga.

It was interesting to see Yomi using it in the previous fight because her style doesn't involve iaijutsu, so you can clearly see her inferiority to Kagura when handling a heavy specialized iaitou like the #12, I'm surprised neither of them tried to recover the sword stuck to the ceiling.

Depending on this final arc, I'll end up bumping up the score for this series to 9.
Dec 7, 2008 6:12 AM

Jul 2007
RandomOugi said:
I'm surprised neither of them tried to recover the sword stuck to the ceiling.

Doesn't she need that sword to call that beast? She had it in the first episodes
Dec 7, 2008 6:20 AM

Jun 2008
Precisely, after Yomi cut off Mei's arm by throwing her sword, she should have tried to recover it by using #12's chain, it's also strange for Mei to be satisfied using her naginata, as she clearly held the advantage when using Nue's energy blasts to keep Yomi away.

I want the song that played during their battle so bad... I wonder if it's a character song, or a duet insert sung by Yomi and Kagura. I didn't pay enough attention to distinguish the voices, but I hope it gets a single instead of being released only with the OST.
Dec 7, 2008 6:31 AM

Dec 2007
Awesome episode.
It's great to see how they're tying things up with the manga
Dec 7, 2008 8:21 AM
Nov 2007
Of course one thing to keep in mind, no matter how justified Yomi was in killing Mei, as far as the family elders are concerned, she just killed the daughter of the family head. In other words there is way Yomi can go back to life as normal. Its unlikely the family head will believe the whole "she was possessed and killed my father" story, besides he is kind of a jerk himself. Oh I just cant wait till the nest episode!
Dec 7, 2008 8:33 AM

Jul 2007
Beautiful episode, but it was really painful to see Yomi 'killed' like that. Gah, the introduction to the episode was brilliant, the tone and atmosphere kept consistent and effective. This is really pushing this show into my upper ranks.

Though, the timeline got a little fudged for me when Karura said "That was me three years ago". Does that mean the story is a narrative of the past, and we're going to go back to the original yomi vs. kagura, where we find out some death stone shit kept her alive?

Or has Kagura been stuck in middle school for three+ years? (I didn't think she was that young when her mother died...). And assuming Yomi is turned now... what was she up to for those three years?

How long had she been missing before she attack Kagura? Some questions that I believe will be answered soon enough... this really is a great series.

Edit: Because at the very least we know she has been killed. As Shirou would say "People die when they are killed". Whether she comes back later or not, which we know for a fact she will, she is still dead. And it's sad. ;.;
asandariDec 7, 2008 11:49 AM
Dec 7, 2008 9:39 AM

Jul 2007
Why do you all say Yomi is dead? It's not really clear... She could be turned and still go back to herself later on like happened to Mei
Dec 7, 2008 10:00 AM

Jul 2008
Ga-rei -zero- FTW
Dec 7, 2008 11:38 AM

Nov 2008
Just for fun, the uncensored part of the hand. So stupid to censor this!
Dec 7, 2008 11:47 AM

Jul 2007
Which subs were censored? I watched AniYoshi's
Dec 7, 2008 11:50 AM

Nov 2008
Kotori said:
Which subs were censored? I watched AniYoshi's

The uncensored part is RAW and no subbers even bother re subbing the uncensored episodes like #4 with the fog. They only did that for episode 1 since it was censored a lot more than the others after.

Dec 7, 2008 11:54 AM

Jul 2007
That's lame. Guess I'll download all the raws
Dec 7, 2008 11:58 AM
Dec 2007
RandomOugi said:
Precisely, after Yomi cut off Mei's arm by throwing her sword, she should have tried to recover it by using #12's chain, it's also strange for Mei to be satisfied using her naginata, as she clearly held the advantage when using Nue's energy blasts to keep Yomi away.
Well, Mei was clearly drunk in power so she thought "Hey, I'm inmortal, cut me all you want." I don't think she cared about holding the stronger weapon, considering no attack could do any lasting harm to her. She also almost killed Yomi, until the buttlefly kid decided to ditch her. BTW, Yomi does recover it after the attack, as she clearly is holding it when she faced the Category A kid.
PimpToad said:
Another thing to mention is that the boy was never controlling Mei at all. Mei was acting based purely on her raw emotions (hatred), kind of like how one loses his/her inhibitions when they are drunk.
Well, he sure wasn't controlling her literally, but the stone literally blinds her rational thought, hence once the stone was gone she suddenly had a blank and confused mind. He says it quite well when he says "I only gave her a little push" which means he boosts the raw emotions of the person. Obviously, Yomi is an excellent victim right now due to the extreme hatred she now has.

Dec 7, 2008 1:32 PM

Aug 2007
Technically the boy did nothing but give her the sesshouseki, which is the push he was talking about. It's not that she lost rational thought, but her rational thought was overridden by her base emotions. Like I said, its like how you lose your inhibitions when drunk.

As for the whole censored thing, you can always just remux the subs you know o-O
Dec 7, 2008 3:36 PM

Jul 2007
I guess it's what will happen to Yomi now. I don't remember her acting jealous or vile towards Kagura. Yome even said that she was her "last treasure" so the sentence it's pretty much self-explanatory. My thoughts are: when that happened to her at the end of the episode, she was full of anger because of all that she had been through, and that mixed with the powers of the Sesshouseki probably made her blind to everything she cares about. Like PimpToad said, she's still rational, but her conciousness is overwhelmed by the stone.

In the manga, when Kagura talks with Kensuke about what happened to Yomi, she says something along the lines of

Either way, why doesn't anyone speak about the cool soundtrack playing during the battle? It was awesome, sounded like Ali Project to me... I really hope it's in the OST album.
Dec 7, 2008 5:06 PM

Oct 2007
Finally a pretty good episode with some plot progression (although due to lack of intelligence, noone checks the will to see if it has been modified,really?) after dealing with 3 to 4 episodes of essentially crap. Soundtrack was really good this episode along with animation. I think the reason Yomi hates Kagura was for the reasons mentioned in the previous episode and the hatred amplified by the Death Stone. One down, one to go.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 7, 2008 5:16 PM

Nov 2007
Great episode, my favorite thus far outside of the first. Atmosphere was great and music was a big part of that. Fight was great, and that bit between the ED and preview was just spectacular, can't wait for next week.
Dec 7, 2008 5:21 PM

Jan 2008
Probably the best episode of the series so far. Glad to see things are coming together.
Dec 7, 2008 5:26 PM

Apr 2008
Best episode yet. Its a shame Mei is dead so early, was liking the tension. But we've got to keep rolling on...find out what happens after episode 2.

EDIT: Oh it's 13 eps? NVM :D
LurebreakerDec 7, 2008 5:30 PM
Dec 7, 2008 5:54 PM

Apr 2007
awesome. just awesome.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 7, 2008 7:48 PM
Oct 2008
Finally brought back some intensity that made this show great, we finally see the reason why she snaps and it is for a good reason getting completly screwed over losing her father but still dont know the reason why she goes after the ones she loved
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 5, 2008

282 by Lanz »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

slayer545-sama - Dec 21, 2008

326 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2008

76 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 8, 2008

107 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 30, 2008

93 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.