Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 29, 2015 2:44 PM

Mar 2015
Araragi recognizes Hanekawa from her bust and lingerie... great episode as usual.
Jul 17, 2015 7:09 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
So far it's much better than Nise
Jul 26, 2015 3:37 PM

Jul 2014
1/5
Aug 4, 2015 2:16 PM

Oct 2012
Donut feeding was great :D But as Oshino said, Araragi is so oblivious about Shinobu feels.

Infodump episode. I just realized that attentive viewers of Bakemonogatari already knows everything that happens here.
It's small wonder Shaft managed to fit there everything.

Edit: And yet again, we were given hint that those monsters are just personifications of our imagination, metaphor of our problems, that the fighting and wounds takes place only in our minds.
It seems this is returning theme of this series. This gets very deep when you start substituting them with everyday pains and weaknesses that those characters need to overcome.

It's Araragi who sees those problems as monsters to fight, opponnets to overcome. He translates his courage, kindness and determination into his vampire powers. In reality, no monsters exists.
Mich666Aug 4, 2015 2:40 PM
Aug 26, 2015 8:46 PM

Sep 2014
Well that escalated. Ep 2.

Plot: After his moment of healing Hanekawa (Vampire blood), Koyomi pays a visit to Shinobu and Oshino. While confused on Shinbou's current attitude, the two men converse about Hanekawa and Oshin learns that they had buried a cat. Turns out it was the Sawari Neko or Touching Cat Aberration. And apparently it's caused Hanekawa to energy drain her parents and tear off Koyomi's arm.

It looks like Koyomi might not be able to do anything for her at this time...

Character: It was great to see Oshino again. He was again displays the skill of a pro by easily deducing what may and did happen thought the level of brutality was too much for him to let Koyomi go through. The Cat must be a truly dangerous thing if Oshino's gotten serious quickly and telling Araragi to stay out of it.

Shinobu is in a weird place. The silent treatment is rough and her weird dog-like behavior is even weirder. She's most likely doing it to mess with Koyomi and the part where he is influencing her seems suspect.

I hate the Cat. I really do. Not even the Sexy vibe it give Hanekawa can dissuade this.

ANimation/sound: Holy crap she bit his arm off! Its really for the best that Hanekawa not remember that.

5/5. The show's half over and we've got to nitty Kitty. Man its awesome!

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Sep 12, 2015 12:16 AM

Nov 2013
OMFG Shinobu is so omega kawaii and funny!!! The best doggy in the world, sadly she doesn't have a tail XD
Shinobu rebellious look lol

Beware Meme, Shinobu wants your donuts

And it's good to see Meme again, I like him.

And dat neko, ya gotta love when she kicks your ass, nekophilia FTW :3
tsundereharasserSep 12, 2015 1:52 AM
Oct 28, 2015 1:59 AM

Sep 2013
HAHAHAHAH powerpuff shinobu!
Oct 30, 2015 7:21 AM

May 2014
Hibiki07 said:
Perfection, meow! *^*

"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Dec 19, 2015 3:57 PM

Jan 2012
rip his arm but got it back

Jan 1, 2016 6:08 AM

Aug 2014
That donuts though :3 ... Poor Araragi though, that must hella hurt even if you're pseudo-vampire.
sup
May 9, 2016 1:31 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A wonderful episode, engaging you from the beginning with a good dose of mystery and drama.

--
Un episodio maravilloso, que te engancha desde el principio con buenas dosis de misterio y dramatismo.
Jun 10, 2016 5:53 AM

Aug 2014
I instantly recognized where the art style used for Powerpuff Shinobu was from. xD
Jul 23, 2016 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
Jetman2021 said:
Brigandi said:
Shinobu is the best

Did Shinobu just turn into a Powerpuff girl?

Even if she become one, she will be the best superhero-vamp hybrid lol
Aug 4, 2016 11:36 AM

Apr 2013
Shinobu and her donuts, so funny ^^
Black Hanekawa is sexy as always, but also a bitch :P
Dec 20, 2016 11:00 PM

Sep 2016
shinobuuu love to see her back again
Facta Non Verba
Mar 30, 2017 5:50 PM

Jun 2013
Very very good episode, as per usual!
Apr 26, 2017 5:50 AM

Jun 2016
Black Hanekawa is best girl neko.
Jun 15, 2017 8:26 PM
May 2012
shinobu is definitely cuter when she's not talking
Sep 26, 2017 6:59 AM

Jun 2016
Holy shit that was such a great fucking episode. :O

So, this is where Shinobu started having a crazy love for donuts and Hanekawa was "possessed" by the Cursed Cat.

Poor Araragi's left arm, maaan. I felt his pain in his scream. Glad the Curse Cat became a kinda kind neko in Bake. Hahaha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 4, 2018 5:30 AM

Dec 2016
Holy shit I was not expecting Araragi's arm to get ripped of like that lol

Also Shinobu was cute as fuck in this episode, mainly the scenes with the donuts
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 26, 2018 11:09 AM

May 2017
Black Hanekawa is the best Hanekawa! Purrfect.
Jan 28, 2019 8:34 PM

Jul 2012
We finally find out the origin of Shinobu’s obsession with donuts haha.
Her reaching out for them while Koyomi held her back was cute :)

Hanekawa has nice taste in underwear ;D And it seems like Koyomi was just as excited as I was

…before he got his arm torn off anyways 😅

Oshino told him not to get involved any further, but we already know that isn't going to stop him!
Mar 2, 2019 3:53 PM
Apr 2016
Araragi's healing abilities were brokeeeeeeeen, bad meddlecat, but she's beautiful. Good episode.
Apr 8, 2019 4:41 PM
Aug 2018
Oshino said that it would be trouble for Shinobu if Araragi died.
Then Araragi assumes that it's because he feeds her, but Oshino calls him a dumbass because he meant something else.

What did he mean? That Shinobu sees as more Araragi than just a source of nourishment?
May 15, 2019 5:18 AM

Dec 2018
Just how many blood does Araragi have ? lol it spurts out like a fountain and raining blood? lol.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 17, 2019 8:21 PM

Sep 2017
Shinobu discovering donuts was really cute. Is the reason she loves the golden chocolate donuts so much because it was the first kind of donut Araragi gave her? A tier pout from Shinobu over Araragi initially refusing to give her any more donuts. So the only reason Shinobu is a loli is that Araragi views her as such? Pretty weird. Oshino's ability to simply guess that Hanekawa is in trouble is impressive. I missed him. Wonder what he means by Hanekawa being super dangerous. I don't fully understand why the Sawareneko is so dangerous for Araragi but it is pretty obvious he should stay away from her. Why is the Sawareneko almost naked again?
Aug 16, 2019 5:59 PM

Nov 2017
That Shinobu scene was awesome! 'Nuff said!
Mar 7, 2020 11:22 PM

Feb 2017

"They exist because humans believe they do."

May 18, 2020 2:12 AM

Aug 2018
Eh?.. Why is Araragi acting with Shinobu as if with pet?.. Isn't she depressed or something after Kizumonogatari events?.. It's just wrong, if she is.. Don't like this scene..
Overall, ok that some kind of paranormal stuff is going on.. It's alright, I guess.. But why such treatment of Shinobu after Kizu arc?.. Either she's very depressed, and needs help and support.. Not fucking pet commands.. But rather talk.. Or she lost ability to talk?.. Still a shit behavior in this case.. Either way, disgusting episode, really.. Hopefully, will get better..
Aug 19, 2020 10:14 PM
Mar 2018
damn that meddlecat got hella triggered over the word "wait" lmao. also i think oshino just implied that shinobu likes araragi near the end? that would be pretty epic since she is best girl.

Sep 3, 2020 3:36 AM

May 2014
Great ep. I wonder why I have waited so much to continue on this. This is so much better than any ep. of shitty Boruto or any talkshow on youtube. I am glad I am back here.

Anyways, nice to see the meddlecat back mewo. I was sure she was gone after Bakemonogatari. Looks like she is back and we got to know the origin of her story. She looks daym good in underwear. Showing her deal by not wearing any clothes
. Makes sense she is a cat.

The scene with her ripping Araragi's arm was furious and intense. Wow, and the animation was superb. Cute to see her with his ripped arm, lol
. Also nice to see her furious
. One shouldn't mess with her and looks like she isn't near at being able to defeat a meddlecat. Gonna be interesting to see what Oshino would do further no.

This is why this series is better than Boruto or anything similar to that series. The weak know they are weak and doesn't come with bullshit to try to justify themselves. Also, the animators doesn't come with bullshit to try to justify the protagonist's action. Glad I am not watching trash.
Sep 3, 2020 3:38 AM

May 2014
SayakaMagica said:
lol @ The little vampire girl soon to be named Shinobu. Donuts are definitely her weakness if she did all that for Koyomi to give her all of it. Also lol'ed at powerpuff Shinobu.

Black Hanekawa is apparently much more hostile and dangerous here, probably because it was the first time they met. If Koyomi had already reverted to a normal human by now he would be done for.

146 missed calls and 209 unread messages. The Fire Sisters really love their brother, eh. Come to think of it, in all this time we've never ever seen a glimpse of their parents. Not in Bake, not in Nise, and so far - not here.

Not in Kizumonogatari either. Maybe they are important characters, or unimportant ones. Only time will tell. :)
Sep 7, 2020 10:08 AM

Apr 2019
Aye it's good to see Oshino again. I hope he comes back later in the series, I really miss him.

Geez Shinobu really devoured that box of donuts, and so the obsession begins.

I forgot how powerful Hanekawa is when she's in cat mode, quite scary actually.
Sep 12, 2020 3:49 AM

Jun 2020
Good episode Shinobu was so kawai while eating^^

I really have nothing to say but it was quite interesting.
Feb 13, 2021 8:48 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! We have witnessed the birth of Shinobu's addiction to donuts, we have been blessed. Shinobu turned into a powerpuff girl for a second there lmao.

Impressive Araragi-kun, you can tell if it's Hanekawa based on her honkers or her panties. I should really get used to Araragi getting fucked up, I know his immortal and all but that kind of shit still shocks me. Gotta say though, the OP and ED is pretty good.
Mar 27, 2021 5:53 AM

Aug 2011
Quite an interesting ending. Personally, I'm glad Hanekawa's cat evolved and didn't disappear. Best girl IMO.

Araragi seems a bit confused about his feelings for Hanekawa, as he seems to be with all the females of the series. This guy is just full of lust and a bit delusional; he describes his feelings one way in the earlier episodes and then changes at the end. Come on, dude, make up your mind.
Aug 28, 2021 10:52 AM
May 2020
well that was outta hand
May 1, 2022 6:37 AM

Jan 2015
Powerpuff Girls shot, hahaha.
Was cool to have the state of Shinobu and why she acts how she does be talked about. Makes sense.
Meme being here is awesome but those screens didn't lie, enough messing around, it gets serious. I already kind of guessed so but it feels like this will be one of the least comedic arcs.
Like always, great episode!
Oct 16, 2022 11:22 AM

May 2021
Aww, Shinobu was just too cute, even more so after having watched Kizu.

Jul 20, 2023 7:49 AM
Jul 2018
Shinobu loves donuts! Also, just become a vampire Araragi and every problem would be solved instantly.
Dec 7, 2023 11:54 PM

Nov 2023
Yehey, Shinobu is in this one.
Mar 17, 7:20 AM

Dec 2022
Shinobu radiates cutesy girl with her thing for donuts.

Today, 3:29 AM

May 2020
Araragi dying meet Hanekawa cat version. Shinobu, cute as always and exciting with donuts. Oshino always so manly, a wise man.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

267 by sharosharo »»
Today, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

122 by sharosharo »»
Today, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

154 by sharosharo »»
Today, 3:05 AM

» explain pls

Tauronek - Sep 6, 2017

5 by Rob7 »»
Nov 8, 2022 5:24 PM

» Why dosent this season get much atention?

CrotakuShinobi - Nov 6, 2015

34 by mr_modest »»
Jul 14, 2021 5:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.