Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 23, 2008 6:01 PM

Apr 2008
dont let this mess with your idea of gangsters. In real life, gangsters are generally people who have very bad personalities and would do horrible things.

i thought yukine's arc was mostly really cheesy, but the ending was done amazingly well, just like misae's arc.
so far i would say that misae and yukine's arcs were better than every other character's arcs in both shows of this series.
Kyon97Nov 23, 2008 6:11 PM
Nov 23, 2008 6:09 PM

Jun 2008
One of the saddest episodes of this series. (too bad i read a spoiler earlier ruined part of the emotional effect, but thats what i get for clicking on spoiler)

Although the bread part was a little unnecessary, i feel that it was actually good that they put that in. Had to have some comedy. First with some amazingly brilliant rainbow colored bread followed by pulling Akiko's jam out of the bag made it even more epic. Notice the fizzle and crackling electric effects upon putting the jam on the bread.
Signature Here.
Nov 23, 2008 6:42 PM

Jul 2008
chieftain20 said:
(too bad i read a spoiler earlier ruined part of the emotional effect, but thats what i get for clicking on spoiler)

Same there, tough in my case the guy who spoiled was an idiots.
Nov 23, 2008 8:34 PM

Nov 2008
maxime1007 said:
evilium said:
draker said:
I found ridiculous how everyone got knocked out by Sanae's bread and that jam. That was just stupid, not even funny =/

If you watched Kanon (2006) and remember Akiko's Jam....

That's what the Jam is. It's not any old Jam. All you people who remember, should know that getting KO'ed is appropriate.

So true, when I saw the jam I was like "Omg please do not eat that" and who the fuck will thrust a shiney bread to begin with XD.

Else that that it was an awesome episode, the best so far with the last one of Minase arc.
Clannad and Ef this fall kick ass!

OMG your post made LOL. Who would trust a shiny bread anyways?
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 23, 2008 11:41 PM
Oct 2007
"VIOLENCE DOES NOT SOLVE ANYTHING!" XD

Anyway, I thought the second half of the episode was sad and I cried but the first part was a bit boring. I kinda already predicted that her brother was dead to begin with. Why else would he not show up and she never mentioned visiting the hospital at all.

The bread+jam part was like an ad, lol, with Nagisa as the model. It was inappropriate right there, I agree, but whatever. Tomoya's fight wins!

Each arc in AS and each episode so far are good in their own rights. But I feel like these individual arcs haven't added anything to the main story and I miss the days when the whole gang is together. So I'm glad they're making these arcs short and can't wait to see the next episode.
Nov 24, 2008 2:21 AM
Sep 2007
wow tomoya is a failure at fighting on so many levels was fun to watch him get the shit kicked out of him then get in a couple chump punches the boss of the other gang is rather pathetic as well though to go down to it...

The gang leader went down because he was exhausted from smashing up Tomoya. ._.
Nov 24, 2008 8:22 AM

Nov 2008
roysen said:
wow tomoya is a failure at fighting on so many levels was fun to watch him get the shit kicked out of him then get in a couple chump punches the boss of the other gang is rather pathetic as well though to go down to it...

exactly... i'd get KOd after a few punches landed on me if I spent half the afternoon (cuz it started with daylight and they were still fighting at night) punching the crap outta someone...

Tomoya knows how to take a punch!
Nov 24, 2008 8:47 AM

Nov 2008
roysen said:

The blow that did it for your explanation is a direct hit to the solar plexus however the gang leader seem to be WAY OVER the endurance level. He actually took really good!

O_O that guy Sasaki is nuts! He really is trained in the street fighting. That is why Okazaki seemed sluggish in the fight even at his best. Okazaki has no experience in street fighting but the emotions fixed most things so I am happy in the end.
Nov 24, 2008 2:05 PM

Mar 2008
Wonderful episode, really emotional. I suspected Yukine's brother to be dead, and i was right in the end... :(

But i really laughed a lot with the "rainbow bread" and "ultimate jam" ^^ So Akiko-sans is Misae's friend ? ^^
Nov 25, 2008 1:18 AM

Mar 2008
im pretty sure that thing about the ball of light obviously ties into the girl and the robot
Nov 25, 2008 7:27 AM

Nov 2008
traed said:
im pretty sure that thing about the ball of light obviously ties into the girl and the robot

Yes! I think more that the ball of light could be Kazuto's soul as well. Anyone think so too?
Nov 25, 2008 12:40 PM

Nov 2008
slayer545 said:
traed said:

Yes! I think more that the ball of light could be Kazuto's soul as well. Anyone think so too?

both imo... when i saw the lights in the illusionary world (with the girl), i figured they were the souls of the people who had died in that world before it was post-apocalyptic (because, they repeat the fact that the world has ended in just about every ep that they show it in, same with the Visual Novel (VN FTW!!))
so, that (if i am correct) means both of these are correct.

However, notice that the colors of the lights are different in both worlds? In the real world, they are a blueish color, in the illusionary world, they are a yellowish color. Maybe the illusionary world is just a story that nagisa heard in the past, and possibly has to do with the play she did for her drama club in the first season that they just never finished... idk, but it will be explained eventually ^_^... if it's not, ill just have to finish the VN >_>
Nov 25, 2008 2:24 PM

Nov 2008
swiftdeathsk said:
slayer545 said:
traed said:

both imo... when i saw the lights in the illusionary world (with the girl), i figured they were the souls of the people who had died in that world before it was post-apocalyptic (because, they repeat the fact that the world has ended in just about every ep that they show it in, same with the Visual Novel (VN FTW!!))

However, notice that the colors of the lights are different in both worlds? In the real world, they are a blueish color, in the illusionary world, they are a yellowish color. Maybe the illusionary world is just a story that nagisa heard in the past, and possibly has to do with the play she did for her drama club in the first season that they just never finished... idk, but it will be explained eventually ^_^... if it's not, ill just have to finish the VN >_>

Interesting, I will look this up for meaning. Usually yellow=life/light
Blue is peace/serenity. I will check this up and will edit this part.
Nov 25, 2008 3:11 PM

Nov 2008
slayer545 said:
swiftdeathsk said:
slayer545 said:
traed said:

Interesting, I will look this up for meaning. Usually yellow=life/light
Blue is peace/serenity. I will check this up and will edit this part.

another thing that i just realized... this is a bit of a stretch, since i dont remember 100% if this part from the VN was in the anime as well, but the robot in the illusionary world tries to reach out and touch one of the yellow lights, but it passes through his hand. in the anime (this ep at the end) yukine says that those who catch one of the lights gets to make a wish... this could have some meaning to it, or it could be completely irrelevant since the robot is basically (imo) a soul possessing this body of junk that the girl created for him and cant even feel the girl's hand when he holds it...

just something i felt like adding, maybe someone has a thought about this and if it is/isnt irrelevant.

EDIT (again): More proof that the lights are souls:

Kittenia said:
Akiko's Jam~!
Floating orbs, the happiness things. They must mean something big, w00t w00t. They were shown with Kotomi's Arc, and Fuuko's. Misae's and now, Yukine's. Also in that magic world, hmmmmm~!

Kotomi's parents died -> they were happy and could rest peacefully when kotomi finally recieved the teddy bear they wanted her to have.

Fuuko's dead -> she made her sister happy by having everyone come to her wedding, thus making herself happy... although she still appeared from time to time (although she hasnt recently... i wonder why :?), i still believe she's able to rest peacefully but doesnt want to go to heaven yet because she want's to keep an eye on her sister.

Misae's -> Okay, for some reason I'm having a memory failure right now (lol -.-) so i cant remember much about this arc... i'll have to re-watch and fix this part of the post... unless someone else would be able to fill in the blanks a bit - i should be able to remember and form a quick conclusion from my memory.

Yukine's brother died -> obviously you just saw this ep, but I'll explain it anyways; yukine's brother wanted to stop the fighting (at least from memory this is true... i could be wrong and if so this entire conclusion is a bust, but even if it is, it's just cuz he's happy because his little sister was able to make peace and become happy), but try as he might, he couldn't do so before his death. Yukine finished what he was unable to do, thus making him happy and able to rest peacefully.

See where I'm going with this? There is more proof of my original conclusion throughout the show than what is immediately obvious.

perhaps the two colors of the lights are actually connected; they are yellow when they are unhappy and unable to rest peacefully, and are also invisible to all but the most pure (and other souls, since i stand by the idea that the robot in the other world is just a soul that the girl made a body of junk for it to possess, which is why the robot sees it too). once the souls are happy and able to rest peacefully, they turn blue, and become visible to more (but for some reason yukine did not see her brother's soul, but tomoya did, and yukine is far more "pure" than tomoya is, so this kinda contradicts my idea, yes... that I have yet to find an explaination for -.-). but when they are blue, they also rise to heaven, which is why you do not see any blue souls in the illusionary world, since they have all gone to heaven...

Sorry, HUGE wall of text...
swiftdeathskNov 25, 2008 3:53 PM
Nov 25, 2008 6:46 PM

Nov 2008

VERY NICE! Thank you for the analyzing! Very informative and agree that about the proofs the paranormal never ceases in Clannad.
Nov 25, 2008 9:59 PM

Jan 2008
I didn't mind the bread bit, for me it seemed somewhat necessary. If Sunohara had not been knocked out he would've been the one fighting. If it was him fighting, the entire fight would've turned into a comedic scene. Tomoya's fighting was serious and thus opened up the opportunity for Yukine to come in and reveal the fact that her brother was dead and ultimately end the fighting between gangs.

Also, in regards to Tomoya's fighting and sucking... come on people Tomoya is a high school student with a bad shoulder who occasionally gets into fights. Sasaki is a gang leader who probably fights all the time and is like a foot taller than Tomoya. I wonder who would win?

Nov 25, 2008 10:26 PM

Sep 2008
Epic episode is epic. Tomoya got his ass kicked.
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Nov 25, 2008 10:50 PM
Mar 2008
Funny, cool fight, and touching yo. Yuki-nee is now second next to Kyou for me and then Tomoyo.
Nov 26, 2008 12:48 AM

Aug 2007
I have a little issue with the bread and jam like stated earlier. I do appreciate the Kanon reference but I thought it was inappropriate. Also there's a tad too much fistfighting and crying in my Clannad but I'm pretty excited about this series so far.
Nov 26, 2008 3:14 AM

Sep 2007
evilium said:
My thoughts exactly. That was pretty clever though to mix Akiko's Jam with Sanae's bread. XD

Nov 27, 2008 5:50 PM

Nov 2007
ha ha ha hyper rainbow bread + ultimate jam = xDDD

apart from that this was a really touching episode ^^, I had an inkling of what had actually happened to her brother but I'm glad they put in the scene of peace and all
Nov 27, 2008 5:55 PM

Jun 2008
lol that scene was nice. touching stuff.
Nov 27, 2008 8:22 PM

Oct 2008
seriously, the hyper rainbow bread was too awesome...
all they were missing was a cameo

I'm still kind annoyed that this show isn't in HD. I know KyoAni wants us to buy DVDs, but seriously, the BS-i TV version wasn't much better than the DVD's for the first season.

Best quality comes from MBS raws for after story... and they aren't widescreen...
Nov 29, 2008 9:36 AM

Feb 2008
Clannad spoilers

Nov 30, 2008 7:28 AM

Feb 2008
MiKu214 said:
evilium said:
My thoughts exactly. That was pretty clever though to mix Akiko's Jam with Sanae's bread. XD
Haha yeah! It was a good way of easing the tension plus Kanon references are few and far between so I loved it.

Brilliant episode, those fight scenes make you wonder if KyoAni should do more action type series just because the directing is fantastic.

I cried. Loads.
KappakaNov 30, 2008 7:40 AM
Nov 30, 2008 3:05 PM

Sep 2007
Eh. Wasn't a very good arc in my opinion. I liked Misae's arc a lot better and while that wasn't the greatest arc either, it did make me tear up while this arc didn't at all. =/
Nov 30, 2008 8:20 PM

May 2008
MiKu214 said:
evilium said:

Indeed a dangerous combination....

Good episode ....Seriously a good episode
Nov 30, 2008 10:04 PM

Nov 2007
TechDragon said:
MiKu214 said:
evilium said:

Indeed a dangerous combination....]

I totally agree breakfast of champions right there, lol
Dec 6, 2008 4:47 PM

Jul 2008
i want to try it....just a little so i wont pass out
Dec 10, 2008 6:39 AM

Sep 2008
That was a great episode...made me tear a little, those previews for the next ep seem sad, I'll just go ahead and watch it now XD
Dec 19, 2008 11:40 AM

Dec 2008
This episode was amazing! So many great scenes and further development progressed. The scene in the apartment when Tomoyo said that Kazuki is the only one to go face to face against Tomoyo made me think how powerful he really is. It was funny to see Sanae's rainbow bread in action (With the addition of the dreadful jam from Kanon that emits a killing aura lol) knock out the whole gang. It was courageous to see Tomoya step up against a gang leader in hopes of helping Yukine to finally end the feud between the gangs, also Yukine disguising herself as her brother to also try to end the feuds (When I found out it was her that got punched I felt sorry, at least it opened the eyes of all the gangsters). I found it sweet at the end when everyone went to Kazuki's grave to give him respect and to hopefully end the battle between the gangs. Tomoya seeing the orb of light that grants one wish (What happened to the the light though?And why is it only Tomoya that sees this kind of stuff? Lol shouldn't question this, hes the main aha). And so many other notable scenes that I wanted to add here, but there already covered by the other posts lol (Like Yukine using Tomoya's lap as a pillow to sleep, and other scenes). Clannad after-story is great aha, made me cry on various occasions just when I though I lost my reactive emotions.
Dec 19, 2008 11:48 AM

Nov 2008
Strangeshadow007 said:
This episode was amazing! So many great scenes and further development progressed. The scene in the apartment when Tomoyo said that Kazuki is the only one to go face to face against Tomoyo made me think how powerful he really is. It was funny to see Sanae's rainbow bread in action (With the addition of the dreadful jam from Kanon that emits a killing aura lol) knock out the whole gang. It was courageous to see Tomoya step up against a gang leader in hopes of helping Yukine to finally end the feud between the gangs, also Yukine disguising herself as her brother to also try to end the feuds (When I found out it was her that got punched I felt sorry, at least it opened the eyes of all the gangsters). I found it sweet at the end when everyone went to Kazuki's grave to give him respect and to hopefully end the battle between the gangs. Tomoya seeing the orb of light that grants one wish (What happened to the the light though?And why is it only Tomoya that sees this kind of stuff? Lol shouldn't question this, hes the main aha). And so many other notable scenes that I wanted to add here, but there already covered by the other posts lol (Like Yukine using Tomoya's lap as a pillow to sleep, and other scenes). Clannad after-story is great aha, made me cry on various occasions just when I though I lost my reactive emotions.

Nice review! Yeah so emotional this one. I started to post in this series at this exact episode. Never regretted to pick up Clannad and catch up to it. About the orb of light, think of Okazaki being very special, maybe even watched by Angel him and Nagisa. Whatever the outcome Okazaki and Nagisa are going to HEAVENS! No doubt from this and many are watching over them, not only angels from the looks of that orb of light.
Dec 25, 2008 10:13 PM

Sep 2008
this anime is always making me shed tears
it was too beutiful
how did she prtected his brothers last wish
but with tomoya figthing like crazy for her i think that she could habe falled in love
with him or so i would like it
does the shining ball has anything to do with the other world i wonder
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jan 1, 2009 10:35 PM

Sep 2008
16:9 was finally put up~

1. What the fuck @ The Bread + Jam part; i'd seriously like to know what the hell is in that.
2. That fight must have been at least an hour; damn.
Jan 1, 2009 10:38 PM
Jul 2018
Blaze-San said:

Probably 2 hours, but you have to give Tomoya props for holding up against that dude
Jan 1, 2009 11:07 PM

Sep 2008
schoolboi15 said:
Blaze-San said:

Probably 2 hours, but you have to give Tomoya props for holding up against that dude
That I will do, I thought he would have been out in that first minute to be honest.
Jan 2, 2009 10:28 PM

Jan 2008
Holy shi-, ultimate bread + ultimate jam.
Episode made me go teary :(
Feb 14, 2009 7:36 AM
Oct 2007
Been wondering for ages what would happen if you mixed akiko's jam with sanae's bread.

Turns out it wasn't explosive decompression as I originally suspected.
Mar 26, 2009 8:14 PM

Sep 2007
I was not able to cry to this ep, the only thing I got from it was.

"So, Nagisa visits Naiyuki every winter?"
Apr 3, 2009 10:46 PM

Oct 2008
Wow they are milking the whole thing so badly with this beating up thing. One punch and then the kazuto clone could have shown up, didn't need to have him getting beaten up for ages lol.

Still good episode, looking forward to more. *Moves onto next*.
Apr 5, 2009 7:36 PM

May 2007
Chopsticks said:
draker said:
I found ridiculous how everyone got knocked out by Sanae's bread and that jam. That was just stupid, not even funny =/

me too :/
if it was a joke, k. not so funny, but k. but... it was part of the story, wtf
and the part when yukine played kazuto was rediculous, too. "I'm kazuto, fight me please >3<"
this episode was a joke... only the ending was good, but I'd expect more from an anime that came from Key studio...
I would go all out on you guys, saying things like, please kill yourself...

But heck i don't care about it.

This was a masterpiece to me no matter what.
Heck, trying to be the cool/though guy and not crying is getting tougher.
I was was one step to gettign a blurry vision.
Hahahaha....

Heh. And i was wondering if anime quality had already reached its limit.
Aside showing that i was really wrong, it proved that i still can be surprised with more.
Heh. This anime version is better then the VN.
I can't belive it.

Too bad it has an extra if you get what i mean.
But at this time, its not like it bothers me.
Its kind of fitting actually.

I really would have liked if key didn't lock up the afterstory for only two heroines, but its not like i dislike how it is.
This is already paradise.

Say what ever you guys want, but i would gladly throw away many of my things for the selfish desire of having a life like that.
Its not like i'm unhappy.

Deffinitly not that.
Its just that i treasure that so much, and since i haven't attained anything near it so far, i feel empty.

Real world, real relationships...
They are nowhere near something... lets say beautiful as this.
I kind of sounding like a fag and quite like an emo as well, but i don't care about opinions like that. Especially when probably most of those are like me and are hiding their true feeling to themselves.
I learned to blurt out every single thing i think. Even with its terrible consequences...

Heh, one thing i'm doing wrong here is that i'm generalizing my frustration on you guys.
Please ignore this.
Or continue reading for the sake of making fun of me, because i wonder if sometimes being open like this isn't wrong... heh

I'm transforming this into a blog. omg lol.
Well bear it with me.
Now that i started i'm going to end it.

Thinking about it now, my way of thing surely sounds selfish and purely emo.
Especially when i'm forcing my stupid and baseless melancholy on some random people.
Though it didn't had its objective as something to gain attention.
(Or was it? Subconsicense can be really scary sometimes.)
Omg i'm going emo.

HECK I DON"T WANT THAT!

okay... this is gettign scary.
lmao

Changing subjects...

Next episode seems promising.
So tomoya will finally understand the consequences of being a so called "delinquent" in the japanese deffinition?
May 5, 2009 1:44 AM
Apr 2009
I thought for sure, Nagisa would have held Tomoya back from fighting. I mean seriously she just let him get his ass kicked for hours. I'd start thinking if this was the same Nagisa.

The bread thing was kind of inappropriate since it was trying to be serious.

Yukine got owned by that leader.
May 8, 2009 10:33 PM

Mar 2009
this episode was happy and sad at the same time.
it was funny when nagisa showed them the rainbow bread.
but it was sad when i knew that kazuto was already dead.
but it was a nice episode.
May 8, 2009 10:49 PM

May 2009
I thought it served its purpose well. Good episode overall.
Jun 14, 2009 7:26 AM

Jun 2009
Man, Kazuto was such a great guy. The gangsters respect for him was so touching. T_T
Fear the finger of death
Jun 17, 2009 2:46 AM

Jun 2009
Awesome! Tomoya standing out for a one-on-one! and that magical bread, i wish Akio was there lols

and i forgot FUKO she is perfect
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 25, 2009 7:02 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, true. Kamina...errr.... Akio there actually fighting would be awesome to see.
Fear the finger of death
Jun 29, 2009 12:44 AM

Jun 2009
Kazuto is the new Harima for me.

I want to see Akio fighting and piercing the heavens.
Jul 14, 2009 4:32 AM

Jun 2009
Bladecatcher said:
I thought for sure, Nagisa would have held Tomoya back from fighting. I mean seriously she just let him get his ass kicked for hours. I'd start thinking if this was the same Nagisa.

The bread thing was kind of inappropriate since it was trying to be serious.

Yukine got owned by that leader.

I take it you didn't notice how she was crying the entire time he was fighting? And how the hell would she hold him back?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 14, 2009 7:19 AM

Jun 2009
Tomoya has too much anger at this point. Stopping him would be hard.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

OurSocialStatus - Mar 26, 2009

324 by wibugar »»
Yesterday, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

727 by -45- »»
May 4, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1169 by Bruh69XD »»
Apr 30, 5:37 PM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

5 by lycan_ »»
Apr 30, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.