Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2012 8:06 AM

Jan 2008
This episode put this anime in my top 15 and guaranteed buy at this moment. I pray they keep this up, really looking forward to it.

Dec 22, 2012 8:38 AM

Jul 2012
Suddenly this show has become awesome.

I love the bad guy.
I love the implications about the sibyl system.
And nice action. More!

5/5
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Dec 22, 2012 8:52 AM

Oct 2011
Arghhhhhh!!!! Stupid Akane!!!!! Well, I won't blame you, I knew living by the judgement of a stupid system was bad from the beginning!! People no longer have what you'd call free will anymore, even if you're just depressed, you're a criminal, so DAMN STUPID!! While watching this episode, I was just shouting: " Frickin' Kill him already, don't care about his psycho-pass, Yuki is about to get killed, Dammit!!"
The show is getting along nicely!!!
Signature
Dec 22, 2012 8:58 AM

Jul 2011
Well this show finally became worth following.
Dec 22, 2012 9:13 AM

Jun 2008
damn good episode.
i'm really curious about makishima
i really cant wait for ep12!

Dec 22, 2012 9:55 AM

Jul 2010
joanah009 said:
damn good episode.
i'm really curious about makishima
i really cant wait for ep12!

next year brod. next year.

important note: does that shotgun have unlimited bullets? its been bugging me, i haven't seen the old guy reload to allow the no. of shots done after it

another note: this series makes use of pseudo-scientific reasoning, well that's the case for me, but still i love it
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Dec 22, 2012 10:03 AM

May 2012
AmberFebruary said:
important note: does that shotgun have unlimited bullets? its been bugging me, i haven't seen the old guy reload to allow the no. of shots done after it

Watch again pls.

AmberFebruary said:
another note: this series makes use of pseudo-scientific reasoning, well that's the case for me, but still i love it

What are you on about?
Dec 22, 2012 10:20 AM

Feb 2011
I think that this anime is one of the best 3 of the year.
Dec 22, 2012 10:48 AM

Jul 2010
JReitan said:
AmberFebruary said:

Watch again pls.

go watch yourself then again pls.

at around 6:30 he reloads while running

then he fires one shot at Ko running

and then fires another again when shot by the dominator

now the bullets are spent

he only has one arm. didn't reload. yet he points that gun at his target.

makishima picked it up. assuming he didn't reload it. akane fired two shots. so maybe makishima reloaded it.

anyway, i don't any mechanisms behinds shotguns but i know how to count shots
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Dec 22, 2012 10:58 AM

May 2012
AmberFebruary said:
JReitan said:
AmberFebruary said:

Watch again pls.

makishima picked it up. assuming he didn't reload it. akane fired two shots. so maybe makishima reloaded it.

6:59 marks a technique used by visual storytellers to cut through unnecessary time that doesn't further the plot.The music, his laughing, and the faded gunshots and explosions also cue this moment. While he is seen walking by the audience for only about 10 seconds, it's implied that he's been walking for a while. Thus, it should also be implied that he's reloaded his shotgun.

You may ask, "Well, why didn't they show him reloading the gun during that series of short clips?" and the answer would be director's choice. He felt it was more necessary to focus the camera on his "insane" smile.
Dec 22, 2012 11:11 AM

Jul 2010
JReitan said:
AmberFebruary said:
JReitan said:
AmberFebruary said:

Watch again pls.

6:59 marks a technique used by visual storytellers to cut through unnecessary time that doesn't further the plot.The music, his laughing, and the faded gunshots and explosions also cue this moment. While he is seen walking by the audience for only about 10 seconds, it's implied that he's been walking for a while. Thus, it should also be implied that he's reloaded his shotgun.

You may ask, "Well, why didn't they show him reloading the gun during that series of short clips?" and the answer would be director's choice. He felt it was more necessary to focus the camera on his "insane" smile.

covering it up ain't gonna help. its not that its bad. i just said it bugs me.

well then to expand my nagging, GiTS:SAC never failed to show them reloading especially the 6-shots revolvers. even FMA:B remains consistent in the amount of bullets in their guns.(the 7-shots silver colored pistols, 6-shots revolvers, 12-shot black colored pistols, etc.) especially supported by the shots sound themselves.

sadly the truth is some directors really tend to forgot some inattention to detail. (maybe from he storyboard itself) Fate/zero is infested with a lot of visual mishaps. and to note, since the birth of anime , inattention to detail with relation to shot counts has always been a problem

oh, and about you reply, throughout the classic musical scene(along with the warfare reminiscing effect) they made it sure you can here the background sound effects along with his laugh, yet i can't hear any gun cocking or something

i'm an attentive kind of guy, so i'm easily bug by these things

and i certainly know "if it is implied"
Dec 22, 2012 11:21 AM

May 2012
AmberFebruary said:
oh, and about you reply, throughout the classic musical scene(along with the warfare reminiscing effect) they made it sure you can here the background sound effects along with his laugh, yet i can't hear any gun cocking or something

Once again, director's choice. While it's certainly possible, (that the director simply forgot because of his inexperience or general stupidity), it's not necessarily the case. It's also possible that the director felt that he didn't want any other audio other than the music, his laughter, and his echoing footsteps. Adding the sound of a shotgun being loaded and cocked may or may not distract the audience from these 3 main things.

Basically, it's possible that he thought it would have been too distracting. After all, the main point of that montage of clips was to express hunter-kun's obssession with feeling alive through the beauty of violence. While adding the sound of a shotgun being loaded and cocked might add to that montage, it's certainly possible that it might also be too distracting from beauty of the musical piece mixed with his laughter.

If this seriously bothers you to the point of obsession, edit the video through a video editing program yourself and add the reloading sound yourself. You may find that it is too distracting from the music.
Dec 22, 2012 11:38 AM

Jul 2010
JReitan said:
AmberFebruary said:

Once again, director's choice. While it's certainly possible, (that the director simply forgot because of his inexperience or general stupidity), it's not necessarily the case. It's also possible that the director felt that he didn't want any other audio other than the music, his laughter, and his echoing footsteps. Adding the sound of a shotgun being loaded and cocked may or may not distract the audience from these 3 main things.

Basically, it's possible that he thought it would have been too distracting. After all, the main point of that montage of clips was to express hunter-kun's obssession with feeling alive through the beauty of violence. While adding the sound of a shotgun being loaded and cocked might add to that montage, it's certainly possible that it might also be too distracting from beauty of the musical piece mixed with his laughter.

If this seriously bothers you to the point of obsession, edit the video through a video editing program yourself and add the reloading sound yourself. You may find that it is too distracting from the music.

important note: one basic thing truly for anime viewers nowadays to expand their line of thinking is accept pointed flaws to their favorite, obsessed and loved shows (i love Psycho)
no show is perfect, and the inattention to detail i pointed out is so important (for me) that is certainly could affect how would you interpret a scene

lets say for example,
1. cyborg-kun is such an idiot for still pointing that gun and acting to shoot, there's no bullet in it dumbass
2. akane is going to be trolled. i'm sure of it. Makishima will spam troll face all over. i mean. that gun ain't even loaded. (well i'm even sure the gun is reloaded by Makishima himself or it will be pointless)

the thing is, some reasoning really needs to mature, and this is just one big cover up, a reasoning from own perspective because i've pointed something i don't like to a show OH you surely like

as for me, go spam how flawed my favorite shows, go spam how absurd the things i like are, i'll accept, i'll even agree to you sometimes, atleast it'll open my mind to things myself haven't seen or overlooked from million of times i've rewatched it

P.S.
Kirei and Kiritsugu have their command seals still missing in those respective scenes even when released on Blu-ray
Dec 22, 2012 11:52 AM

May 2012
AmberFebruary said:
JReitan said:
AmberFebruary said:

important note: one basic thing truly for anime viewers nowadays to expand their line of thinking is accept pointed flaws to their favorite, obsessed and loved shows (i love Psycho)
no show is perfect, and the inattention to detail i pointed out is so important (for me) that is certainly could affect how would you interpret a scene

lets say for example,
1. cyborg-kun is such an idiot for still pointing that gun and acting to shoot, there's no bullet in it dumbass
2. akane is going to be trolled. i'm sure of it. Makishima will spam troll face all over. i mean. that gun ain't even loaded. (well i'm even sure the gun is reloaded by Makishima himself or it will be pointless)

the thing is, some reasoning really needs to mature, and this is just one big cover up, a reasoning from own perspective because i've pointed something i don't like to a show OH you surely like

as for me, go spam how flawed my favorite shows, go spam how absurd the things i like are, i'll accept, i'll even agree to you sometimes, atleast it'll open my mind to things myself haven't seen or overlooked from million of times i've rewatched it

P.S.
Kirei and Kiritsugu have their command seals still missing in those respective scenes even when released on Blu-ray

Your thoughts are everywhere, so it's difficult to respond to you now.

I'll say it again, the montage of clips in hunter-kun's walking scene indicates a passage of time. So, if you couldn't catch the implication that he's reloaded by now, even when I've mentioned it, then I think that's just your fault.

AmberFebruary said:
as for me, go spam how flawed my favorite shows, go spam how absurd the things i like are, i'll accept, i'll even agree to you sometimes, atleast it'll open my mind to things myself haven't seen or overlooked from million of times I've rewatched it

Who the hell do you think I am?
Dec 22, 2012 2:46 PM

Dec 2012
Fantastic episode. Makishima is basically untouchable by the law. Every system should have a manual override. The fact the Dominators don't is infuriating, and just shows how screwed up Sibyl is. I have to call out Akane on this one, what a horrible friend.
5/5
Dec 22, 2012 2:48 PM

Feb 2009
You know what I love the most in Psycho Pass, the GUNS; they fucking awesome! Seriously why are they so powerful? But too bad they can be so useless also.

How is it possible for him to have such a low crime coefficient?!

This Sybil system is shit! Fuck I didn't want to see one more woman die!!!!!
Dec 22, 2012 2:51 PM

Sep 2010
Excellent episode! I thought the internal struggle Akane was put through really highlighted the key flaws of the Sybil System and questions surrounding what it really means to be human. Akane grew up with the Sibyl System, so of course she wouldn't be able to take a real gun and fire at a man with a 0 crime coefficient. She can't possibly trust herself to make that kind of decision. ;-;
Dec 22, 2012 2:59 PM

Mar 2012
Damn the sybil system is really fucked up.. Guess hand combat is the way to capture that Makishima..
Keep moving forward
Dec 22, 2012 3:07 PM

Dec 2012
MaxCrazy7 said:

From what I can tell, Makishima doesn't see anything wrong with what he's doing. He wasn't showing any signs of aggression, or mental instability. Sibyl's analysis probably saw Makishima killing Yuki, like a normal person killing a bug. It seems Sibyl lacks the ability to interpret the context of a situation. His crime coefficient was going down as he continued assaulting Yuki, so in some twisted way it brought him peace of mind.
Dec 22, 2012 4:42 PM

Jan 2012
Makishima Shogo has quickly become my favorite villain ever, I'm in love with him.
Dec 22, 2012 4:49 PM
Oct 2010
Laevantein said:
Someone please explain, does the Sibyl System only has one parameter that is the height level of Crime Coefficient to decide he/she is the villain?

Yes, that is the only parameter, it scans your mind and determines your mental state and what level of enforcement to use.
Dec 22, 2012 4:59 PM

Jul 2009
They just had to killed those girls with a better rack than the female protagonist did they?
Dec 22, 2012 9:28 PM

Jul 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
maxie said:
Yumekichi11 said:
maxie said:
Good episode but seriously she should just have dropped the Dominator, steadied her aim and blown his head off. Oh well, wouldn't have been that much suffering if that would have happened, would it?
YES IT WOULD! One of those shards reaches her friend's head and it could be thee end of her. Remember each shell of the rifle has tiny rounded balls flying at least at 1400FPS (Feet Per Second) with that speed one of them is enough to kill her friend depending on the entry point. WTF wants to risk that even.

Based on her position and that of the enemy, it would be impossible without Yuki taking some of them small balls with her body.

Too much of a risk and Sybil might make her crime coefficient worse.

It was way too much of a risk to take. The guy was too close to Yuki. Now if she would push him somehow instead of fearing him then maybe. Sadly never happens. Yuki is pinned down and scarred to death whom comes to her anyway.

I realize it was a shotgun so it's not exactly the best weapon for the situation, but I'm fairly certain that this was as good as the worst outcome possible.
Actually it's not a shotgun cause it has no pump. It's a double barrel rifle. Unlike a shotgun you need to recharge and cannot pump to do so and insert the same way the shells as quick as a shotgun. So it's actually not the best at all but what's good about it is that a dual shot could be possible.

So, if those 2 shots would reach the bad guy then yes it would guarantee better a kill than a shotgun's shot cause the more frags from a shot the higher the chances one of them will kill him in the weak points of the body.

That being said, a handgun would be better off IMO.

Stop pretending like you know more than you actually do. This is a shotgun a typical over/under. I own a similar gun.

Otherwise when Yuki meet her terrible end I was one to mutter out 'fuck' as the event happened. After this I have great expectations of what Akane will do with this case. This episode has defiantly got me even more excited for what is to come.
Dec 22, 2012 9:37 PM
Jun 2008
I did not own a gun like that, but I played many FPS game .
double barrel shotgun doesn't need pump xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e_CzIHvvNY

For me, I think Akane will fall into trauma and she might start working in the office instead .
Dec 23, 2012 2:24 AM

Apr 2012
AzureAlert said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

From what I can tell, Makishima doesn't see anything wrong with what he's doing. He wasn't showing any signs of aggression, or mental instability. Sibyl's analysis probably saw Makishima killing Yuki, like a normal person killing a bug.

same happened with Ouryou Rikako
but her crime rating was 400+
Dec 23, 2012 2:42 AM

Feb 2011
FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
F*** U Makishima Shougo!!!
How dare you make my Akane suffered like that, arghhh
"To some, online is more important than seeing friends, eating and even breathing."

<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kuruta_tribe&sclick=1">

Dec 23, 2012 3:28 AM

Jul 2010
JReitan said:
AmberFebruary said:
JReitan said:
AmberFebruary said:

lets say for example,

P.S.

Your thoughts are everywhere, so it's difficult to respond to you now.

I'll say it again, the montage of clips in hunter-kun's walking scene indicates a passage of time. So, if you couldn't catch the implication that he's reloaded by now, even when I've mentioned it, then I think that's just your fault.

oh? my thoughts are everywhere now for you eh?
that's because all i've said up to now leads to the fact that you can't accept the notion of the things i've pointed. no matter how much you sugar coat you own thoughts, it can't deny you being naive or conceited as to accept that the things i've pointed out in this spectacular episode are logical, sensible and reasonable
it's either you're being over protective of the series itself, over analyzing every little thing, or you really just can't accept it (pride maybe)

as for
JReitan said:

AmberFebruary said:
as for me, go spam how flawed my favorite shows, go spam how absurd the things i like are, i'll accept, i'll even agree to you sometimes, atleast it'll open my mind to things myself haven't seen or overlooked from million of times I've rewatched it

Who the hell do you think I am?

i am pertaining to the whole MAL community who would read my post, (the you i used there doesn't mean it just refer to you, it pertains to the ones who'll read it) or are you really that great enough to think you can represent them all

important note: roricon-fan will be missed, i kinda get how feels sometimes, exchanging words with this hard-headed ones
Dec 23, 2012 3:38 AM

Apr 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

This really hits the pits cause Shougo does not register at all with the system. If anything he is DNA/Brain altered. This is impossible that the system does not react to him. At worst he has Admin privileges of the Sybil system and where he may be registered as part of the creating team.

It'd be better if there's a problem with the system itself. Take enforcers, they cannot be called bloodthirsty criminals. I think the story will develop that way. and the moral lesson of the cartoon will be that machines cannot rule human soul or something similar.
Dec 23, 2012 7:49 AM

Sep 2012
So sad..... But nice episode
Dec 23, 2012 8:04 AM
Jul 2012
Best anime of the season
Dec 23, 2012 8:08 AM

May 2012
AmberFebruary said:
that's because all i've said up to now leads to the fact that you can't accept the notion of the things i've pointed. no matter how much you sugar coat you own thoughts, it can't deny you being naive or conceited as to accept that the things i've pointed out in this spectacular episode are logical, sensible and reasonable

Your thoughts are everywhere mainly because you bring all of MAL into the conversation when the conversation is simply between you and me. You don't have to do such a thing.

Also, this is your thought process:

A) I believe that the montage of short clips + music indicates a long passage of time.
B) I must be sugarcoating the director's mistakes.
C) I must be wrong, and hunter-kun never reloaded.

Your logic is flawed. In B, you're already implying that I'm wrong, which leads you to conclude C, that I'm wrong. This makes no sense.

Prove to me that A is wrong, (that the montage of short clips + music does not indicate a long passage of time), and then you can conclude that I might be sugarcoating the director's mistakes from there.

AmberFebruary said:

i am pertaining to the whole MAL community who would read my post, (the you i used there doesn't mean it just refer to you, it pertains to the ones who'll read it) or are you really that great enough to think you can represent them all

Once again, this between you and me only. I don't represent the whole of the MAL community.
Dec 23, 2012 8:37 AM

Jul 2010
JReitan said:
AmberFebruary said:

Your thoughts are everywhere mainly because you bring all of MAL into the conversation when the conversation is simply between you and me. You don't have to do such a thing.

Also, this is your thought process:

A) I believe that the montage of short clips + music indicates a long passage of time.
B) I must be sugarcoating the director's mistakes.
C) I must be wrong, and hunter-kun never reloaded.

Your logic is flawed. In B, you're already implying that I'm wrong, which leads you to conclude C, that I'm wrong. This makes no sense.

Prove to me that A is wrong, (that the montage of short clips + music does not indicate a long passage of time), and then you can conclude that I might be sugarcoating the director's mistakes from there.

ok. lets say i really have made some mistakes with my argument. here is the greatest facepalm eh. (my card which i've been holding which basically you didn't notice)

now, here is the good part, he immediately make his way to run after Ko and point his gun
where what i think he should immediately have done is reload the gun

ok, lets say you win with montage of short clips + music indicates a long passage of time argument

my point from the get go, my very first post about this, is that does that shot gun has unlimited bullets because the whole shoot out scenario shows not implied so

and as i have said with my other posts, i'm an anime idealist, if i could relay my notions about the current state of the industry and its viewers with this kind of discussion i would gladly do so
besides, this is what this forum threads are about in general are about, having discussions with fellow anime fans

btw, let's do this Zetsuen-no-mind-game style

let's say i can't prove that your so called theory "with montage of short clips + music indicates a long passage of time is the time as you have said where he could have reloaded the gun which basically lead him to point to akane's friend" is a bluff and just (for me) you're own way of covering up for the director's/storyboard-ist inattentive-ness
how can you prove to me that it isn't? how can you prove that he may really have loaded the gun at that time?
Dec 23, 2012 9:06 AM

May 2012
It was clear that he pointed an unloaded shotgun at Kougami after he shot him straight in the chest. Whether or not that can be called a mistake if debatable. Nevertheless, I understand that the shotgun was not loaded at that point.

AmberFebuary said:
how can you prove that he may really have loaded the gun at that time?

However, the main question of discussion is whether or not he loaded the shotgun afterwards. While I cannot prove that he did, I can prove that it is implied. The montage of clips that fade into one another, the music, his footsteps, and the sounds of warfare all imply not only that much time is passing by, but also that he's ready to shoot Kougami as soon as he sees him. Both of these implied things lead us to make the further implication that he's reloaded the shotgun, or else it would be ridiculous that he is so ready to shoot Kougami.

AmberFebruary said:
now, here is the good part, he immediately make his way to run after Ko and point his gun

Going back to when he tried to point an unloaded shotgun at Kougami, it's honestly not that big a deal. Hunter-kun isn't blind, he knows he shot Kougami. And what does a hunter do after he shoots his prey? He checks to see its condition; dead, injured, or fatally wounded. (I think its also clear that hunter-kun knew that Kougami was at least fatally wounded, since a lot of blood spewed out of his chest.) However, Kougami isn't say, a deer. He's a wolf with sharp fangs. Hell, he's bitten off hunter-kun's entire arm off at this point. If you were in hunter-kun's position, would you not raise your weapon out of instinct if you went over to the wolf's body to check its condition, even though you knew it was fatally wounded? He was a little scared, so what? It shouldn't bother the viewing experience unless you have a problem with people being scared and acting realistically.

Stupid? Yes. Unrealistic? No. Director's mistake? Even if it was, it worked.
Dec 23, 2012 9:14 AM

Jul 2011
Great episode. Makishima is the sickest for sure.
Dec 23, 2012 10:34 AM

Jun 2012
Arguing about whether he reloaded the gun or not, id say its a bit overboard xD

I didn't even notice that, but i would say he didn't load it and was maybe just holding it up as a bluff? or maybe he was gonna hit him with the gun :P

But it could just as easily, no, more easily be that it was a directors mistake.

Either way i don't give a fuck, it doesn't affect anything at all in the show >.< and with everything that happened it is majorly insignificant and doesnt effect the plot nor my enjoyment of the show.

Directors of good shows can make mistakes xD maybe the director forgot to show him reloading, maybe he was never meant to have reloaded at all. meh >.<
jimbob1141Dec 23, 2012 10:42 AM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Dec 23, 2012 10:56 AM

Jun 2011
:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHAT DID I JUST WATCH????????

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST EPISODE
Dec 23, 2012 11:12 AM

Feb 2011
Really nice music choice during the duel. Especially in the end, when the cyborg approached the barrels to look behind them the lyrics "Alle Menschen müssen sterben" was sung, which would translate to "All humans have to die". I really thought of this as a foreshadowing of him getting killed even though he had those immortality fantasies.
Dec 23, 2012 11:25 AM

Jul 2010
JReitan said:
It was clear that he pointed an unloaded shotgun at Kougami after he shot him straight in the chest. Whether or not that can be called a mistake if debatable. Nevertheless, I understand that the shotgun was not loaded at that point.

AmberFebuary said:
how can you prove that he may really have loaded the gun at that time?

However, the main question of discussion is whether or not he loaded the shotgun afterwards. While I cannot prove that he did, I can prove that it is implied. The montage of clips that fade into one another, the music, his footsteps, and the sounds of warfare all imply not only that much time is passing by, but also that he's ready to shoot Kougami as soon as he sees him. Both of these implied things lead us to make the further implication that he's reloaded the shotgun, or else it would be ridiculous that he is so ready to shoot Kougami.

that's my point, it would really, utterly be ridiculous. its a blunder. but still your implied reasoning is still subjective and there is no concrete proof (as if it'll has)
the thing with your reasoning is your working backwards. your interpreting a scene to complement your target goal. that is that he may have reloaded the gun. giving yourself self-gratification
now interpreting it as it happens, as them not showing him reload the gun, you have a senile cyborg-kun trying to kill w/ shot-less shotgun

JReitan said:
AmberFebruary said:

Going back to when he tried to point an unloaded shotgun at Kougami, it's honestly not that big a deal. Hunter-kun isn't blind, he knows he shot Kougami. And what does a hunter do after he shoots his prey? He checks to see its condition; dead, injured, or fatally wounded. (I think its also clear that hunter-kun knew that Kougami was at least fatally wounded, since a lot of blood spewed out of his chest.) However, Kougami isn't say, a deer. He's a wolf with sharp fangs. Hell, he's bitten off hunter-kun's entire arm off at this point. If you were in hunter-kun's position, would you not raise your weapon out of instinct if you went over to the wolf's body to check its condition, even though you knew it was fatally wounded? He was a little scared, so what? It shouldn't bother the viewing experience unless you have a problem with people being scared and acting realistically.

Stupid? Yes. Unrealistic? No. Director's mistake? Even if it was, it worked.

it worked for others but its bugging for me. unrealistic? oh sure it was, no hunter in the world would go for a kill w/ a bulletless gun. besides if he immediately have not seen kougami wasn't there(didn't he even consider he himself would drop dead if kougami was there pointing the Dominator at him and he has a shot less gun), he could immediately retrace his steps to a safe corner and reload the gun, but no, he continued because his gun was loaded (w/c shouldn't be)
you have an excuse with the issue above, implications or so on
but this one? no.

Now why others would wonder why they're two people discussing about whether the gun is loaded or not
Its because its that simple yet the staff managed to neglect

didn't they thought about it that if a person not as smart as i'm talking to right now would not assume and interpret what he have seen as a ridiculous narrative of a shoot out
or maybe i myself am stupid for not assuming

anyways, i still like this show (you can clearly see for the score i have it for now). Makishima especially. He's this show's raison d'etre for me. this one still remains a flawed yet entertaining mid-type thought provoking spectacle
Dec 23, 2012 11:29 AM

Jul 2010
jimbob1141 said:
Arguing about whether he reloaded the gun or not, id say its a bit overboard xD

I didn't even notice that, but i would say he didn't load it and was maybe just holding it up as a bluff? or maybe he was gonna hit him with the gun :P

But it could just as easily, no, more easily be that it was a directors mistake.

Either way i don't give a fuck, it doesn't affect anything at all in the show >.< and with everything that happened it is majorly insignificant and doesnt effect the plot nor my enjoyment of the show.

Directors of good shows can make mistakes xD maybe the director forgot to show him reloading, maybe he was never meant to have reloaded at all. meh >.<

finally. someone who didn't try to overlook what i tried to point out
Dec 23, 2012 11:35 AM
May 2011
damn this, and the last episode reminded me of the saw movies! Such a thrilling theme and event! Poor Yuki, she was just a civilian.
Made me wonder, if joining an investigation organization might set your friends in danger. In that position I'd rather be the enforcer than the friend of one.
R.I.P Yuki.

btw I wonder where those bullets she shot went.. and why mr.cyborg didn't shoot Yuki behind those barrels to begin with. His reflexes should've won the fight between that and surprise.

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Dec 23, 2012 12:05 PM

May 2012
AmberFebruary said:
the thing with your reasoning is your working backwards. your interpreting a scene to complement your target goal. that is that he may have reloaded the gun. giving yourself self-gratification
now interpreting it as it happens, as them not showing him reload the gun, you have a senile cyborg-kun trying to kill w/ shot-less shotgun

You're actually wrong there. One does not need to work backwards, (although one may), in order to figure out the implications I've mentioned. I, for one, have in fact figured it out while I was watching this episode for the first time.

AmberFebruary said:
it worked for others but its bugging for me. unrealistic? oh sure it was, no hunter in the world would go for a kill w/ a bulletless gun.

He wasn't going for the kill. He was checking Kougami's condition.

AmberFebruary said:
besides if he immediately have not seen kougami wasn't there(didn't he even consider he himself would drop dead if kougami was there pointing the Dominator at him and he has a shot less gun), he could immediately retrace his steps to a safe corner and reload the gun, but no, he continued because his gun was loaded (w/c shouldn't be)
you have an excuse with the issue above, implications or so on
but this one? no.
Like I said before, hunter-kun knows he blew off a part of Kougami's chest. Kougami is not in a state to fight back against hunter-kun, even if hunter-kun's shotgun is not loaded quite honestly. And remember, those dominators always take a long time to charge up and shoot.

Let's get this straight. Are you saying that if you were Kougami, you would lay there on the ground and try to fire the dominator even though hunter-kun is right there? Kougami was not in a state to fight, he had to run away, and hunter-kun knows this. Thus, seeing that Kougami is not there anymore means Kougami is going to run away in order to hide and recover. Retracing his steps in order to reload in safety is meaningless; hunter-kun has the upper hand.
JReitanDec 23, 2012 12:54 PM
Dec 23, 2012 12:46 PM

Feb 2011
Fabe said:
I pity Tsunemori for having to helplessly watch her friend's death. It was obvious she will miss with both bullets. After that I was sitting here shouting "Throw that fucking Dominator on him, brake his head with that shit!"

lol, i was thinking the same exact thing xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Dec 23, 2012 12:50 PM

Jul 2010
ok JReitan is pointless to talk with. superficial reasoning for every single thing. no, over analyzing every single thing to the point of absurdity. like adding his own perception to a series that doesn't even convey as such.

jimbob1141 i salute you, someone who likes the show yet able to accept it. its so simple yet others are just self-gratifying themselves

i guess i'll go back and just do comment-comment talks with my intellectual MAL friends. atleast they're sensible to talk with.

i may look defeated but no. its just that i'm wasting my time saving a life beyond salvation.

adios. enjoy the days living in lies that world still haven't ended. the government just covered it up.
Dec 23, 2012 1:13 PM

Jul 2010
Welp, Akane blew it, litterally. That Makishima, man. How the hell could that guy's crime coefficient lower after he just cut a girl?!

Dec 23, 2012 1:34 PM
Oct 2010
Onyxthegreat said:
Welp, Akane blew it, litterally. That Makishima, man. How the hell could that guy's crime coefficient lower after he just cut a girl?!

Probably because he truly believes what he is doing is good.
Dec 23, 2012 3:02 PM

Feb 2010
AmberFebruary said:
ok JReitan is pointless to talk with. superficial reasoning for every single thing. no, over analyzing every single thing to the point of absurdity. like adding his own perception to a series that doesn't even convey as such.

jimbob1141 i salute you, someone who likes the show yet able to accept it. its so simple yet others are just self-gratifying themselves

i guess i'll go back and just do comment-comment talks with my intellectual MAL friends. atleast they're sensible to talk with.

i may look defeated but no. its just that i'm wasting my time saving a life beyond salvation.

adios. enjoy the days living in lies that world still haven't ended. the government just covered it up.

looks like you just believe that we have to accept something because no show is perfect, not because the argument is valid, or is the only interpretation there, and that doesn't make sense at all.
I'll just accept something when the argument is valid, not because i have to criticize the show, and that's not your case.
Dec 23, 2012 5:15 PM

Jul 2011
Best episode so far, now I truly understand this show is amazing

And this Makishima Shougo... In this world with Sybille, he is just Godlike
Key Fan
Dec 23, 2012 6:40 PM

Mar 2008
I don't know about you guys but I was thinking that Akane should try to capture him so she can use him as a guinea pig in order to discover why Sybil doesn't work on him and then perfect the system...

Maybe my CC is cloudy...

They made us hate Makishima. But we also understand him. That makes him a good villain
Dec 23, 2012 6:50 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Rather predictable unfortunately.

Actually, we actually were able to predict this outcome already. Oh well. Need to try harder to surprise me lol. Makishima, I am disappoint. You need to try harder.

Still good episode though.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 23, 2012 6:51 PM

Apr 2010
Wow, now that's what I call an intense episode

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Pages (15) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.