Forum Settings
Forums

Author of One Piece Works From 5am Till 2am With No Day Off

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 26, 2012 6:19 PM

Apr 2012
tite kubo: i work one day per week before the deadline, and get 14 hours of sleep every night
Dec 26, 2012 6:20 PM
Jan 2010
^ Hey, at least he now has a wife. :D
Dec 26, 2012 10:52 PM

Oct 2012
darkmac said:
How does he work so much and still have such bad art?

and a kill-joy ruins it all...

plus you call that bad art? you got bad eyes man!

"Duty... There is nothing more precious than that feeling, which makes us think of our friends before ourselves."
Dec 27, 2012 5:00 AM

Apr 2011
Wow I know OP is the most popular anime/manga in Japan but at least give Oda a break.
Dec 27, 2012 7:33 PM

Apr 2012
That's rough. Shows you just how much he loves his manga.
Dec 29, 2012 3:55 AM
Dec 2012
I always knew he was a workaholic, in fact i picture oda to be alot like Eiji Nizuma from bakuman XD
Dec 29, 2012 4:15 AM

Nov 2011
leokiko said:
Rufioh said:
I'm fine with people being rude to a hard working man in this thread.
He can't hear you over his wads of money and smoking hot wife anyways.

Dec 29, 2012 4:20 AM
Nov 2012
Amarrez said:
darkmac said:

And there goes any hope of this thread being civil.

Still hope for civil war.

I just wonder how he gets up, by himself or alarm. Some people deal better with less sleep than others. Still, I think 3hrs is an embellishment, no way that's true every day or he'd be blind by now. 5hrs seems doable though.

Rufioh said:
I'm fine with people being rude to a hard working man in this thread.
He can't hear you over his wads of money and smoking hot wife anyways.

Too bad being a workaholic he doesn't have a chance too enjoy them. It's sad really, if only it was curable, I'd wish him luck. Karōshi is not a great prospect.
abramsDec 29, 2012 4:27 AM
Dec 29, 2012 5:45 PM

Aug 2010
Reinou said:
Am I supposed to pity him? If he finds his work more important than his life then that's his own fault. This whole thing just disgusts me.
Oh c'mon the man is the author of one of the most successful mangas within Japan, not only that but it has a weekly deadline and an extremely large fanbase. Now he might not need to put as much work into One Piece as he is right now, heck he needs to get A LOT more rest, but c'mon don't you think you're being too harsh?
Jan 11, 2013 10:03 PM

Mar 2011
darkmac said:

Says the weeaboo who gave 10/10 for such a fail of an anime known as Angel Beats -___-
Jan 12, 2013 9:03 AM

Apr 2011
Berserker17 said:
I always knew he was a workaholic, in fact i picture oda to be alot like Eiji Nizuma from bakuman XD

Niizuma Eiji, in fact, is said to be based on Eiichiro Oda. Eiji also has a two day work, one day sleep routine which is a kinda exaggerated version of Oda sleeping three hours, working the rest. And Eiji is a the 15 year old genius whereas Oda was called the 17 year old genius.
Jan 12, 2013 7:10 PM

Mar 2011
yhunata said:
Berserker17 said:

Niizuma Eiji, in fact, is said to be based on Eiichiro Oda. Eiji also has a two day work, one day sleep routine which is a kinda exaggerated version of Oda sleeping three hours, working the rest. And Eiji is a the 15 year old genius whereas Oda was called the 17 year old genius.

Thats awesome :)
I always thought Eiji was one of the most interesting characters in Bakuman. Him modeled after Oda makes me even like him even more.
Jan 12, 2013 8:24 PM

Oct 2008
He's one of those rare individuals who can work with less than 3 hours of sleep at night... I'm jealous (~_~)
I have a friend who sleeps around the same amount. He is smart. Life is so unfair (;_;)
xehnriJan 12, 2013 8:33 PM
Jan 12, 2013 11:52 PM
Jan 2012
I was never a real fan of One Piece because it's really not my style, but I appreciate the work that goes into it and I know that people work hard for it - but does it have to be to this extent??? Wow, maybe he should take a break and then slow down. I don't want this to be his last manga, because I know fans will want to see more of him after One Piece, so if he slowed down a tad bit, I think he'll pull it through and start a new masterpiece (maybe not as long but still as good)
Jan 30, 2013 10:41 AM
Sep 2012
QuiGonJon said:
How does his body even function?

coffee
Jan 30, 2013 10:59 AM

Apr 2011
KittyKatWombat said:
I was never a real fan of One Piece because it's really not my style, but I appreciate the work that goes into it and I know that people work hard for it - but does it have to be to this extent??? Wow, maybe he should take a break and then slow down. I don't want this to be his last manga, because I know fans will want to see more of him after One Piece, so if he slowed down a tad bit, I think he'll pull it through and start a new masterpiece (maybe not as long but still as good)

He doesn't want to make a manga after One Piece is over, apparently. He is embedding all the ideas he has for other manga into One Piece (eg; Thriller Bark arc).
Jan 30, 2013 11:57 AM

Nov 2010
yhunata said:
KittyKatWombat said:

He doesn't want to make a manga after One Piece is over, apparently. He is embedding all the ideas he has for other manga into One Piece (eg; Thriller Bark arc).
Yeah and he doesn't need to do another manga after either. He's made so much money off of this he will be able to retire and life comfortably for the rest of his life.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

13 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

22 by arnicahealth »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
12 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 6

2 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 7:09 AM

» Undead Unluck Unveiled: Let's Talk Muscles with Yoshifumi Tozuka

Kineta - Mar 19

4 by Anime_Luv »»
Yesterday, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.