Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2012 1:34 PM

Sep 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see a little bit of what happened before the first crime. I do hope the manga provides something more.
Nov 18, 2012 2:20 PM

Nov 2011
This was just like episodes 1-2 of the anime series. Akane getting her spotlight this chapter.

Yup, she's ready for duty! I'm glad they nailed that guy with the Dominator. A violent but just finish. God, one of the quotes in this chapter reminded me of Minority Report.
Stark700Nov 18, 2012 2:29 PM
Nov 18, 2012 6:13 PM

Feb 2012
The system is ridiculous and they better explain how the crime coeffcient is measured, the anime still hasn't done that.

I like the artwork but the Dominator's "shots" really don't work in a manga,
Nov 19, 2012 3:36 AM
Oct 2011
The dominators are portrayed wayy better in the anime..but well, manga does have its limitations. its glow and animations provides a badass feel to it in the anime, so it doesnt portray much in the manga.

Minor differences to the anime shown in the manga:
1. Showing when Akane got her results
2. Masaoka got attacked and hurled into a room
3. Kougami shot from a close range (in the room Masaoka was thrown in)
4. Kougami didn't mouth anything to Akane before attempting to shoot the hostage
5. No Akane moping outside the shipyard

well, since the anime is ending at episode 22 and a manga of it just came out, and they are both by the same brains, it's clear that even though it's an original anime, the storyline won't end nicely at episode 22 since they have to leave some mystery left unsolved behind for the manga to have content to continue and have the audience wanting to take the manga up.

either that, or they'll come up with a new antagonist and so on so forth.

A lil disappointing though. I would prefer an extension of the anime rather than to have a manga continue it. Some things are just better animated. :

well, we see how it goes ~(o.o~)

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Nov 22, 2012 12:47 PM

Oct 2010
I find the manga was much more info revealing.

Find that Akane is somehow more pleasing to watch. Don’t know why but it seems like that to me.

I find the criminal in the following,
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2038/c040_zpsbb819531.jpg
In the manga has a better aspect of expression than in the anime although the anime has the atmosphere setup of him being really insane. The manga does more a job of a first person first time impact.

Finally in the following,

Among the other changes seems to be the most kickass. I assume the worst being that it might have been too much for the anime hence they degraded it to a far range.

This proves beyond a doubt the anime is tamer. Not to mention I find the blacks shades less annoying in the manga than the anime whom is just darker like it was to censor itself. Hence mangas are good in the sense that they come with more gore/ecchi.

That being said the manga is totally up to read for anyone that like the series for that matter.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 3, 2012 3:36 PM

Jul 2008
I honestly don't mind the "less" awesome aspects of the Dominators. I hardly noticed. I was so thoroughly engrossed with the chapter that I hadn't payed it any mind. The story here is what drew me in, and the art did impress me quite a bit. I love the additional material they added. It had a great flow, and somehow the script seemed even better with the little details they added: like in the case of Kagari's Dominator being locked when the criminal uses the hostage as a shield or when Akane tries switching the Dominator back to non-lethal paralyzer by aiming at Masaoka. I thought that was pretty clever even though it didn't work. It made me gain a newfound appreciation of Akane.
Dec 17, 2012 4:13 AM

Nov 2012
The art is very similar to the anime to the state I'm very surprised. There's some things lacking though I don't know what it is, maybe because anime has sound and the character moves ^^; aside from that, the minor change is really charming. Akane looks more interesting in the manga. Hope to see another chapter in the future.

I do hope the manga can continue what the anime leave off later.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Dec 19, 2012 10:34 AM

Jun 2011
Well, guess it was ok... Honestly, I like the anime much more. What I didn't like about it was:

- the beginning. It's longer than in anime and simply boring. It's action series so it should be more dynamic
- that captured girl was less scared. I mean - some panels with her looks like she doesn't really care what's happening. Okay, maybe the end was better, but still... She should be more terrified. It really annoyed me.
- not enough emotions.
- compared to anime pretty average backgrounds
- couldn't feel this "whoa" atmosphere
- less drama
- bad guy's death. Missing "mmm, yummy organs" thought...
- Ginoza's not so smexy...

Though Akane was a little bit... Dunno, she's not that annoying?
Anyway, compared to an anime, this manga is average. Maybe because I don't really like mangas based on anime and vice versa. They're simply not as gorgeous as orginal.
Jan 17, 2013 7:27 PM
May 2012
I don't get it. I thought it supposed to be a backstory of Akane rather than adaptation based on the episode?
Mar 23, 2013 10:50 AM

Sep 2011
I have not seen the anime yet as I am more of a manga person so I'm going by just what I read and I like it it's a strong start and a really weird system and I like the psychological aspects. I really don't like Akane's hair it seriously bothers me.
Dec 15, 2014 7:24 AM

Oct 2013
Does anybody know is it possible somewhere to buy the manga in English? I wasn't lucky in finding it :( I would like to own it.

Thanks!

More topics from this board

» Do you think they'll ever license this in English?

aeroduct - Jun 20, 2023

2 by caesarsalad4361 »»
Jan 19, 12:25 PM

» Manga vs Anime

Bulma777 - May 24, 2021

1 by ShinjiGowacry »»
Jul 5, 2021 6:37 PM

» Where to read?

Abstudios07 - Oct 27, 2020

1 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 25, 2020 2:38 PM

» Is this manga based on extended version?

Aireve - Jan 29, 2017

0 by Aireve »»
Jan 29, 2017 7:46 AM

Poll: » Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane Chapter 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2016

0 by Stark700 »»
Aug 18, 2016 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.