Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 19, 2012 11:39 PM

Sep 2012
shanimebib said:
This. Gets. Better. By. The. Episodes.
Nov 20, 2012 4:24 AM

Jun 2009
Liinah said:
It ended right when Alibaba finally appeared. ;A; damn. And somehow I'm disapointed with Kassim's voice.. I didn't really like it.

how can someone not like junfukus voice he is lelouch lamperouge after all ha ha ha ;D
Nov 20, 2012 7:18 AM

Feb 2012
You are exaggerating,it was fine,no less and no more.
Nov 20, 2012 7:32 AM
Jun 2011
this is easily the best anime of this season... though it didn't have much to compete with.
Nov 20, 2012 10:02 AM

Feb 2010
Why you with the 'Fog Troupe' Alibaba?

SINBAD ftw. <3

Fave character so far!
Nov 20, 2012 11:32 AM
Sep 2012
Love the animation, it looks beautiful - especially the scenery. I think it also improves art from the manga at points. Really looking forward to this arc animated in it's entirety.
Hopefully it won't be rushed too much, the first episodes really felt like they were being rushed.
Nov 20, 2012 12:33 PM

Sep 2008
Wild_Boy said:
Mephz said:
So is it the same trash adaption as back in episode 2 or have the stopped cutting material from the manga?

Trash? The anime's start is better than the manga's.

I obviously don't agree.
Nov 20, 2012 1:04 PM
Mar 2012
ahneeme said:
People have made it so that frontal male nudity stands is in a whole other league of its own.
If Neko was a man he'd have his own variation of the leaf too.
She's a she because any other option would have started a shitstorm and you would have lost half the fanbase already.
WTF uncensored penis I'm dropping this shit!
Ja, I know. I was only half-serious.
But not having nipples is just weird. Poor guy.
Nov 20, 2012 2:24 PM

Feb 2011

Y IS THIS A CLIFFHANGER ? WHY ?
Nov 20, 2012 2:46 PM

Dec 2010
Mephz said:
Wild_Boy said:
Mephz said:
So is it the same trash adaption as back in episode 2 or have the stopped cutting material from the manga?

I obviously don't agree.

If you dislike it so, then don't watch it or at the very least stop trying to degrade the series which other manga readers and anime only viewers are enjoying just fine.
Nov 20, 2012 3:52 PM

Sep 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
Mephz said:
Wild_Boy said:
Mephz said:

I obviously don't agree.

If you dislike it so, then don't watch it or at the very least stop trying to degrade the series which other manga readers and anime only viewers are enjoying just fine.

Some of them are, some of them are not. I really don't care. It's not like I'm speaking for someone else. However I do like the Magi manga even though this anime is trash (atleast the first two episodes I watched) so I'm holding out hope they will actually start to make it into something decent when they slow down and follow the story they are trying to say instead of making this abomination.
Nov 20, 2012 4:26 PM

Oct 2012
Mephz said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Mephz said:
Wild_Boy said:
Mephz said:

I obviously don't agree.

Some of them are, some of them are not. I really don't care. It's not like I'm speaking for someone else. However I do like the Magi manga even though this anime is trash (atleast the first two episodes I watched) so I'm holding out hope they will actually start to make it into something decent when they slow down and follow the story they are trying to say instead of making this abomination.

>Disses the anime in episode 7 discussion thread
>Dropped it on episode 2
>???

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Nov 20, 2012 4:29 PM
Feb 2012
Mephz said:

Magi started charting off with a 7.99 average score on MAL the last 3 episodes have bumped it up to a 8.09.
It's not much but it only keeps increasing.
You do the math.

Can't take a lot of scores seriously on here because there's too many idiots but this time I agree with scores.
Nov 20, 2012 4:52 PM

Dec 2010
Mephz said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Mephz said:
Wild_Boy said:
Mephz said:

I obviously don't agree.

Don't state your opinions as if they are facts, realize that your degrading condescending viewpoints are nothing but a minority which will never be considered the general norm for this series, also realize another thing you say you don't care but what makes you think we give a crap about what you say either? The difference here? is that we aren't trolling like you are, when you don't like something you leave it alone you don't keep coming back insulting it for those who do like it.
Nov 20, 2012 5:19 PM

Nov 2009
i knew it would be alibaba once they mentioned him since this story is loosely based off of "alibaba and the forty thieves"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2012 5:25 PM

Sep 2008
ahneeme said:
Mephz said:

Magi started charting off with a 7.99 average score on MAL the last 3 episodes have bumped it up to a 8.09.
You do the math.

Can't take a lot of scores seriously on here because there's too many idiots but this time I agree with scores.

I don't rate the scores on here at all. Most people rate anime way to highly and hardly go lower than 8 or 9, so a score under 8 is really rare on here and a lot of terrible stuff has over 8 in rating imo.

Tavor: The first quote in that box of quotes you pasted has the answer. I came here with a question, I'm looking for a place to jump in if they start doing this properly and will be skipping all episodes between 3 and then.
Nov 20, 2012 5:32 PM

Sep 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:

Don't state your opinions as if they are facts, realize that your degrading condescending viewpoints are nothing but a minority which will never be considered the general norm for this series, also realize another thing you say you don't care but what makes you think we give a crap about what you say either? The difference here? is that we aren't trolling like you are, when you don't like something you leave it alone you don't keep coming back insulting it for those who do like it.

Disagreeing with majority or stating my opinion ain't trolling, do you even know what trolling is? You seem to care more about my opinion than I care about yours atleast, as you seem to need to answer me each time.

This trash sadly is based on an enjoyable manga if it wasn't I would drop this like a rock. So as annoyed as I am with the adaptation I'm still hoping for it to turn good somewhere so I can enjoy the animation like I enjoy the manga. So far it looks like it has not happened.
Nov 20, 2012 5:34 PM

Oct 2012
Mephz said:
ahneeme said:
Mephz said:

You do the math.

I don't rate the scores on here at all. Most people rate anime way to highly and hardly go lower than 8 or 9, so a score under 8 is really rare on here and a lot of terrible stuff has over 8 in rating imo.

Tavor: The first quote in that box of quotes you pasted has the answer. I came here with a question, I'm looking for a place to jump in if they start doing this properly and will be skipping all episodes between 3 and then.

Ah, I see ^^

It just seems weird to not continue to watch, despite the stuff that's been cut out. Compared to A-1's other airing show, "Sword Art Online", where they skip LOTS of material (6 month jumps or so per episode), I'd say A-1 is managing Magi much better.
Have a real-life friend who has read most of the manga and said even though certain material is cut out, he's overall happy with it and enjoying it.

Yes, I'm purely an anime watcher, but it doesn't feel horribly rushed, nor has any episode thus far felt like useless fillers

I understand though if you wish to have it stay in your on-hold list from a manga reader standpoint, it's no biggie :)
ShoryuNov 20, 2012 6:29 PM

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Nov 20, 2012 6:23 PM

Feb 2011
UnbornMVs said:

Y IS THIS A CLIFFHANGER ? WHY ?

^This.

That was so my reaction when the episode ended. I wish Sunday would just hurry up and get here already. lol
Nov 21, 2012 12:08 AM

Apr 2009
Aww come on, I wanna see how Sindbad fights. Oh well, maybe next time.

Woah it's really Ali Baba! Maybe he has an axe to grind against the current monarchy?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 21, 2012 12:43 PM

Apr 2011
Sinbad is a badass nuff said.
Nov 21, 2012 8:57 PM

Feb 2012
Saw it coming, but still a great revelation nonetheless.
Nov 21, 2012 10:27 PM

May 2011
rishardew said:
Magi is the new SAO? Gotta love people complaining

But they are not complaining about the material being bad, only the anime(because it's freaking rushed and it cut out a lot of awesome stuff).
Nov 22, 2012 4:54 AM

Apr 2012
I don't normally watch shounen, but this show is really rather good. A pleasing absence of endless posturing and seeking to become "stronger", and instead it has actual real issues like slavery, facing a hostile force which cannot be resisted and the rich-poor gap, plus one of the leads is characterised primarily as a peacemaker. Nice.
Nov 22, 2012 10:54 AM

Apr 2010
Yeah, such a good episode! I really like the new characters.
Nov 22, 2012 10:08 PM

Sep 2008
logopolis said:
A pleasing absence of endless posturing and seeking to become "stronger"

Don't hold your breath on that one. :Þ
Nov 22, 2012 10:43 PM

May 2011
Pfft, A-1 is fucking handling this show in good ways SAO can only imagine, but this isn't a SAO thread :P. Can't wait to see future developments
Nov 23, 2012 5:23 AM

Sep 2008
This show just keeps adding new badass characters. I love that.
Nov 23, 2012 5:50 AM

Oct 2012
to be honest, i think Jafar become more epic than Sinbad in this episode really :3

well...i'm looking forward to see the next episode

Aladdin, Alibaba, Morgiana and Jafar aww yeahhhhh
Nov 23, 2012 5:26 PM

Aug 2009
; - ; sad ending....

cant wait for next episode T^T
Nov 23, 2012 9:16 PM
Nov 2008
GrandPhantasm said:
CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT PLOT TWIST IN THIS EPISODE GUYS?
GUYS
IT WAS ALIBABA ALL ALONG!
ALIBABA WAS ALIBABA
GUYS

lol'd.
Also I feel sad for anyone who couldn't figure out most of this arc from the immense foreshadowing and not-so-subtle hints we got already. I haven't read the manga but it seems pretty obvious which way things will go from here...

I hope they will slow down the pace a bit from now on. It was fine for the exposition but they shoeld take their time now that we are 7 eps in.
Nov 24, 2012 2:32 PM

May 2011
Malestel said:
GrandPhantasm said:
GUYS
ALIBABA WAS ALIBABA
GUYS

lol'd.
Also I feel sad for anyone who couldn't figure out most of this arc from the immense foreshadowing and not-so-subtle hints we got already. I haven't read the manga but it seems pretty obvious which way things will go from here...

I hope they will slow down the pace a bit from now on. It was fine for the exposition but they shoeld take their time now that we are 7 eps in.

It's obvious? Then take a guess smartass.
Nov 24, 2012 7:33 PM

Aug 2011
GrandPhantasm said:
GUYS
ALIBABA WAS ALIBABA
GUYS

ROFL. I died.
Nov 24, 2012 9:15 PM
Nov 2008
leokiko said:
Malestel said:
GrandPhantasm said:
GUYS
ALIBABA WAS ALIBABA
GUYS

lol'd.

There. Haven't read the manga. I might be wrong in the details but that will be the general outline of this arc. I'm willing to eat a superchilli pizza if I am wrong (I get sick from spicy food)^^.
Nov 24, 2012 9:25 PM

May 2011
Malestel said:
leokiko said:
Malestel said:
GrandPhantasm said:
GUYS
ALIBABA WAS ALIBABA
GUYS

lol'd.

There. Haven't read the manga. I might be wrong in the details but that will be the general outline of this arc. I'm willing to eat a superchilli pizza if I am wrong (I get sick from spicy food)^^.

Wow, I don't even want to give you hints to not spoil the surprises. Still, you got a few things right there.
Nov 25, 2012 12:44 AM

Jan 2011
What kind of sorcery is this? Stupid database rollback because of a certain fag who decided to hack MAL.
So, about this episode. Alibaba was Alibaba, although this was entertaining this was way too predictable.
Next episode should get rid of the problems seeing this pace, or perhaps it'll take 2 episodes.
I wonder how "The Dark Lands" look, I'm looking forward to seeing those "Lands".
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 25, 2012 1:47 AM
Oct 2011
Malestel said:
leokiko said:
Malestel said:
GrandPhantasm said:
GUYS
ALIBABA WAS ALIBABA
GUYS

lol'd.

You got a thing or two right, but there's still a lot more to it than that. Just keep watching.
Candor123Nov 25, 2012 1:50 AM
Nov 28, 2012 9:26 AM

Aug 2012
I love the characters in this series! Every one of them is so memorable..

Is it me or does this subforum have just as many spoilers flying around as the Little Busters one?
Nov 28, 2012 9:31 AM
Feb 2012
MellowJello said:
I love the characters in this series! Every one of them is so memorable..

Is it me or does this subforum have just as many spoilers flying around as the Little Busters one?

Yes it does because people are stupid and they never learn how to read the first page where it says not to post spoilers.

Not only those 2 but almost all the subforums for every anime have lots of spoilers.
Nov 30, 2012 7:38 AM

Mar 2012
Good episode :D
End Zionazism
Dec 1, 2012 2:12 AM

Jun 2009
Reading incomprehension factors into it, but so does the fact that spoilers can be annoying as fuck to hide all the time.

On to the episode! Aladdin's voice had a more robust sound to it. Sindbad's casting choice was great.

The last 5 mins or so gave me chills.
Dec 12, 2012 10:06 AM

Aug 2011
Great ep, Sinbad seems pretty cool. Fancy seeing Alibaba there too.
Dec 20, 2012 1:30 AM

Apr 2011
Disturbing episode with the malnourished baby... What Sinbad said was true, if you dislike the current system, stand up to it!

ALIBABA looks too serious in this episode. First his goal was to find Aladdin, couldn't he be happy to see his friend? I understand the situation was awkward, but if he greeted his friend, they could get down to business quicker.
Dec 27, 2012 1:03 PM

Jul 2012
This show is pretty cool.
Jan 13, 2013 3:48 PM
Jan 19, 2013 3:27 AM

Aug 2012
Sinbad seems like a cool character.

Surprised to see Alibaba at the end :o .
Feb 4, 2013 10:11 PM

Sep 2012
Didn't expect Alibaba at the end.
Mar 28, 2013 1:58 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Another good chapter for what is so far a great show.

There is a surprising amount of flesh in this show, male and female. Surprising considering its supposed demographic.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 18, 2013 7:25 PM

Jan 2012
loved all the new characters, the villains in this show are really well portrayed and those daggers were badass zD

can't believe the ending D: have to watch the next episode even though its 4am D: damn you!
May 6, 2013 9:22 PM

Sep 2011
Elite60 said:

Morgiana displayed such a cute face there!

Probably one of the cutest scenes I've ever seen.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by animejas »»
Feb 19, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

198 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.