Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 16, 2012 2:45 AM
Mar 2011
Both are great and about basketball.

But Slam dunk is old.

I plan to watch both but i have a feeling that i may lost interest to Slam dunk if i watched this first.
Nov 16, 2012 3:00 AM

Jun 2012
That can be true. I didn't watch Slam drunk thought, but if you watch something with refined art and action first you will have much more expectations to the other one.
Nov 16, 2012 3:20 AM

Oct 2012
That depends: would you rather have a quick fling with a drunk girl you met at a bar (a beauty to look at and energetic until the end); or would you rather have a long-term relationship with a prude that gives you more drama than action, but she somehow keeps you satisfied enough despite the lack of skill? Unfortunately in this case, both relationships end on a cliffhanger...
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 16, 2012 9:40 AM

Nov 2010
Don't watch Slam dunk. Nobody grows stronger, they lose all the time, and most of it is drama.
Nov 16, 2012 9:43 AM
Mar 2012
at least slam dunk doesn't have so much bishonen, and losing imo is better than the usual always winning that you can find everywhere
Nov 16, 2012 11:02 AM
Mar 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Don't watch Slam dunk. Nobody grows stronger, they lose all the time, and most of it is drama.

Why did you say this ?

You spoiled the story.

I said i want to watch both.
Nov 18, 2012 5:41 AM

Nov 2008
ssjdodo said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Why did you say this ?

You spoiled the story.

I said i want to watch both.

Don't worry, he's saying bullshit.
Nov 28, 2012 12:00 PM
Jun 2012
i watched this and i didn't watch slam dunk because its too art :3
Nov 28, 2012 12:20 PM
Aug 2012
Seriously man watch Slam Dunk its a classic...................if you love sports anime you should definitely watch Slam Dunk...........its the best among them.

Nov 28, 2012 12:32 PM

Sep 2008
If you can look past the old art style of Slam Dunk, you'll find it to be very amusing. If SD had this era's animation, KnB would pale in comparison. With SD I was able to marathon the series in one weekend whereas KnB has been sitting on my list since its first aired and hasn't moved(even though seasons sposed to have finished)
Nov 28, 2012 3:21 PM

Nov 2010
IntroverTurtle said:

slam dunk is not even in my top10 anime of all time but still. it is a classic but when people say something is classic the other people tend to think its old and arty. well let me get straight to the point. even tho slam dunk was made in the mid 90s it still has great animation. if you manage to watch a decent copy then it would be good. second, storywise comparing the two anime is practically BLASPHEMY.

slam dunk is more realistic yet still very shonen-like. by realistic i mean high school kids from japan don't make impossible shots or make 3 pointers from one side to the other. but do other impossible things that is possible in real life like goaltending or jumping like blake griffin which is fine by me thats why it is a shonen anime.

everybody grows stronger in slam dunk and they do it in style. first of all all the starting 5 guys in the team are unique guys and not garbage background characters like kuroko no basket's. opponents are all different and have their own unique styles and personalities and their respective teams. also slam dunk is longer episode wise.

10 years later nobody will remember kuroko no baske. slam dunk is a classic now.

when kuroko no basket ends, you dont feel anything. when slam dunk ends you feel sad and biter because you probably want more. when kuroko no basket ends you can only continue to read its manga for 5 or 6 more chapters. slam dunk? you finish it as quickly as possible. it is that good.

last comparison. slam dunk is actually funny and kuroko no basket is not. i know people have their own tastes but COME ONN!!

kuroko no basket is for 5-11 year olds.
slam dunk is for 2-105 year olds.

so yes. watch slam dunk and if you dont like it then you dont know sh*t about anime. (or you cant get past the 4:3 tv ratio and that my friend i can totally UNDERSTAND but believe me its worth it if you are a sports anime fan)

but if you think you can handle watching a 4:3 ratio-ed anime, then you'll probably love it.
rustyceymsNov 28, 2012 3:27 PM
Nov 28, 2012 3:35 PM

Jun 2012
ssjdodo said:
Both are great and about basketball.

But Slam dunk is old.

I plan to watch both but i have a feeling that i may lost interest to Slam dunk if i watched this first.
To me it was the reverse, I watched Slam Dunk first, really awesome good animation, action, drama, comedy all you could ask. Then when I saw Kuroko no ... I enjoyed it too but it didn't come close to Slam Dunk and it still makes me think why a 8.71 score.
Nov 29, 2012 1:48 PM

Nov 2010
deniz1 said:
when kuroko no basket ends, you dont feel anything. when slam dunk ends you feel sad and biter because you probably want more. when kuroko no basket ends you can only continue to read its manga for 5 or 6 more chapters. slam dunk? you finish it as quickly as possible. it is that good.

last comparison. slam dunk is actually funny and kuroko no basket is not. i know people have their own tastes but COME ONN!!

so yes. watch slam dunk and if you dont like it then you dont know sh*t about anime. (or you cant get past the 4:3 tv ratio and that my friend i can totally UNDERSTAND but believe me its worth it if you are a sports anime fan)
Go to the Kuroko no Basket thread and for the last episode people were talking about how they were crying, so obviously your logic doesn't apply to everyone.

People have their own tastes for comedy so something can't be funny to them and not to you? People do like the comedy as seen in the thread on the KnB board.

I don't like the show, and from your posts it sounds like you don't know shit about anime. No matter how good you think a show is there are people who just don't like it, get over it.
Feb 14, 2013 7:07 AM
Jul 2018
Kuroko no Basket or Slam Dunk. Both focuses on basketball, but had a lot of differences. For me, I can say that Slam Dunk is much more realistic compared to the other. For example, who can do a full-court shot and with 100% accuracy? IMPOSSIBLE. I didn't say that Kuroko is not better but I'll agree it really has humor. People have their own liking. It is up to you if you want to watch Slam Dunk or Kuroko no Basket first. It is not about old. But if you will be distracted by its old art and animation, well, maybe Slam Dunk is not for you.
Feb 17, 2013 6:04 PM

Mar 2012
Sometimes it comes down to what's realistic, but opinions vary and yours won't make a difference so think of the other traits. Story and Character and Art.

Compared to Slam Dunk, Kuroko is childish and complete bullshit.

I watched Slam Dunk first and it is honestly one of my favourites, even now. Plus, the author (Takehiko Inoue) is a genius. If you don't believe me, read "Vagabond" or "REAL" and tell me those series lack in art and story and character development. Watching Kuroko after Slam Dunk, makes me think of it as some kind of upstart.

If anything, you'll love the characters in Slam Dunk because of how they change. Sure, the characters in Kuroko change too, but it fails in comparison to show just how deep they can go.

Slam Dunk is everything a person should want from this type of genre. I'd leave the anime alone to honest, pick up the manga. There's no question after reading it.
ZorociaFeb 17, 2013 6:07 PM
Feb 17, 2013 10:54 PM

May 2010
Slam Dunk is obviously better. Kuroko Basket is childish in comparison to Slam Dunk.
Feb 18, 2013 7:41 AM

Feb 2013
Slam Dunk is shit. Kuroko no Basuke is superior in every way.
deniz1 said:

Man, you're dumb.
Feb 18, 2013 8:04 AM

Nov 2010
Zorocia said:
Sometimes it comes down to what's realistic, but opinions vary and yours won't make a difference so think of the other traits. Story and Character and Art.

Compared to Slam Dunk, Kuroko is childish and complete bullshit.

I watched Slam Dunk first and it is honestly one of my favourites, even now. Plus, the author (Takehiko Inoue) is a genius. If you don't believe me, read "Vagabond" or "REAL" and tell me those series lack in art and story and character development. Watching Kuroko after Slam Dunk, makes me think of it as some kind of upstart.

If anything, you'll love the characters in Slam Dunk because of how they change. Sure, the characters in Kuroko change too, but it fails in comparison to show just how deep they can go.

Slam Dunk is everything a person should want from this type of genre. I'd leave the anime alone to honest, pick up the manga. There's no question after reading it.
Yeah the anime isn't that good, I think the OP was talking about anime. And KnB is having another season, so those things that you mentioned might be expanded on.
Feb 18, 2013 8:06 AM
May 2012
I enjoyed KnB more, but you should watch Slam Dunk first. It'd be a bad transition from watching KnB first to Dunk, IMO at least.
Feb 18, 2013 8:51 AM

Mar 2012
IntroverTurtle said:

Yeah the anime isn't that good, I think the OP was talking about anime. And KnB is having another season, so those things that you mentioned might be expanded on.

There may be some truth to that. With all the hype the anime's gotten, the second season may adopt new levels of staff that can make KnB a classic series.

I still don't see what makes the series so amazing, I don't remember the manga being so crazed when it started running in Jump. I might've lost touch with what's popular, I guess.
ZorociaFeb 20, 2013 1:48 PM
Apr 19, 2013 6:15 AM

Apr 2011
It depends on you on what you want to watch first.

And I don't think you'll lost interest in watching KNB if you watch Slam Dunk first. I re-watched Slam Dunk many times before I discovered KNB but despite of that I still able to like/love KNB.

Apr 19, 2013 8:57 PM

Mar 2013
kuroko
Derailer???????? muwahahahaha
Apr 19, 2013 8:58 PM
Jul 2012
slam dunk!
Apr 19, 2013 9:09 PM

Sep 2011
Shadake said:
Slam drunk
Hahaha. drunk.

I tried watching SD waybackwhen. OP even said that the old school art is a turn off - plus it's pretty long. I like basketball, I think it's a cool sport and fun to watch. But the old art is unappealing of SD. KnB is an alright anime. It can be wayyyy to dramatic and toss out the whole "scientific" rules of basketball out of the window (ex: the green haired character's basketball shots defy physics...). It's still fun to watch.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Dec 5, 2013 10:46 PM

Feb 2013
kuroke no basket is not realistic ....but slam dunk is what u should watch if you want to know basketball .....the main character are all realistic than kuroko ...but anime doesnot cover everything and and manga also leaves u unsatisfied as you know u could have gotten more...it like the last match was soo great that author didnt want to continue and make it boring
Dec 7, 2013 3:28 PM

Jul 2012
I usually start with the shorter show when they're both highly ranked.
Dec 7, 2013 3:29 PM

Feb 2013
Watch both, altough Slam Dunk is better in my opinion.
Dec 7, 2013 3:32 PM

Nov 2010
dx349 said:
kuroke no basket is not realistic ....but slam dunk is what u should watch if you want to know basketball .....the main character are all realistic than kuroko ...but anime doesnot cover everything and and manga also leaves u unsatisfied as you know u could have gotten more...it like the last match was soo great that author didnt want to continue and make it boring
Realistic =/= good.
Dec 9, 2013 1:19 PM
Mar 2011
Hi guys, Do you relaize that this topic is 1 year old, lol.

I already watched both and slam dunk is far better than this.

And I am reading slam dunk vol. 30 now, lol.
I don't want to finish it, agh.
Apr 26, 2017 3:57 PM
May 2014
Relevant topic, tried to watch Slam Dunk but ugh I can't stand Hanamichi, he's such an asshole.

He's like the complete opposite of another one of my favorites Hajime no Ippo, Hanamichi is lazy, cocky, beats people that trained x10 harder than him, was born a greek god basically who doesn't have to work for shit and is an asshole to top if all off, couldn't bring myself to keep watching it.
May 4, 2017 2:42 AM

Jul 2014
It depends, do you want to learn and know about real basketball with awesome characters and drama? then Slam Dunk is for you.
Are you into super powered bullshit basketball with hot guys that will make bitches go "AH AH MY HUSBANDO" then Kuroko's for you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

363 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

245 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kaeji - Sep 8, 2012

116 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fiji - Sep 1, 2012

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 2, 7:18 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Itami - Aug 25, 2012

111 by removed-user »»
Apr 1, 5:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.