Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 7, 2012 3:14 PM
Nov 2010
Solkiskey said:
Bullshit ending. Last arc sucked.

Cosign. Ending was just so damn underwhelming.
Nov 7, 2012 3:14 PM

Feb 2010
Jesuvius said:
Gave it a 6/10 because I used to love it. All went downhill in the Future Arc. No character progression or storyline progression, but at least the mangaka admitted it herself :P

Pretty much this.
Nov 7, 2012 3:15 PM
Nov 2007
Reborn was bad. It had some cool moments, but those were overshadowed by the fact that the narrative and characters were poorly developed. It was really unfocused. The ending is a fine example of how much planning went into how things played out.

Overall, I'd give it a 4/10.
Nov 7, 2012 3:24 PM

Oct 2011
First Negima! then Nurarihyon... now Reborn! oh boy shonen this yr.. smh
Nov 7, 2012 3:25 PM

Apr 2008
Umm...

Well, I don't want to bash it too bed. The ending is cute, but I feel holes. I wanna see Tsuna and everyone grow up (what would a serious life of the 10th family look like?), but I'm sure they will even if I don't see it.

I was disappointed by the Rainbow fight arc ending.
Nov 7, 2012 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
shakeyourpup45 said:
Well, I don't want to bash it too bed. The ending is cute, but I feel holes.

We will never know about Gokudera's father or Yamamoto's mother or how did Hibari end up with the Namimori shrine? How about Kyoko? She was the love interest since chapter 1 and nothing happened. Oh boy, the potential!
Nov 7, 2012 4:16 PM

Jun 2007
Chapter wise, I expected a more touching or memorable ending.. However I don't hate the current ending nor do I like it.

Manga wise, like others said.. It went down hill during mid of Future Arc.. The Inheritance arc and Arcobaleno arc actually have a good start.. Sadly, it eventually went downhill, in fact Future arc was the same..
Nov 7, 2012 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
It's a shame that the last chapters were so bad and I was holping for more character development, 'cause they have been growing on me since the beggining.
I gave a 8/10 'cause the first arcs were good enough and I love these characters, Varia specially.

I will miss Varia :'(

Nov 7, 2012 4:40 PM
Aug 2012
This is the first manga to have ended for me while reading it(Not counting the time when the last Dragonball book came in Danish). It was time for it to end, but it was too suddenly. Many untold stories left but well there will always be some no matter what.
Anyway, i really liked it and felt sad now that it ended, almost cried a tear (Ooh dear the flood of tears that will come the day One Piece ends) :( I still want some more and i'm gonna miss it !
8/10
Nov 7, 2012 4:42 PM

Mar 2010
Solkiskey said:
Bullshit ending. Last arc sucked.

^
Nov 7, 2012 4:48 PM

May 2008
Last few parts got a little crappy sadly , and in the end Tsuna is still not ready for bring the mafia boss , but hey i enjoyed it alot , though they should let the guardians do a little more at least for the last arc oh well.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 7, 2012 4:49 PM

Feb 2009
A little sad it ended, but i think the time had already passed for it.
The only thing i wanted to see was Tsuna achieving the role of 10th Vongola, that didn't happen unfortunately. I would like to have seen Amano develop him further, not in the power matter, but his personality and determination.
Nov 7, 2012 4:57 PM

Jul 2008
edwardb said:
The only thing i wanted to see was Tsuna achieving the role of 10th Vongola, that didn't happen unfortunately.

This! What's wrong with Tsuna? Did he really achieve nothing but the addition of friends from his tutoring by Reborn/this entire manga? That is disappointing.
This serie was incredibly enjoyable though, despite the ups and downs.

8/10
Mitsuhashi_Takashi said:
What are you living for? This is your life, live for the sake of it! Screw what everyone else things! If they get in your way, just blow them away!
Nov 7, 2012 5:13 PM
May 2011
What a terrible ending.

Everyone should boycot anything made by this Mangaka just to spite her for ruining this series.
Nov 7, 2012 5:37 PM

May 2007
the saddest thing is that i didnt even know this was the last chapter....so ugh i was like wtf it just ended like that?
i thought the ending was pretty anti-climatic, i really liked this series at the beginning but not so much later on
Nov 7, 2012 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
Ya... the last battle with Kawahira and then just ended all too peacefully.. She should make it they beat a crap of Kawahira, or at least some fights between Tsuna and Kawahira before he revealed himself and they talked about it.

Well, I guess the author has no more ideas of new enemy or threat to come up with. I'm glad that she ended it now, before she actually decided to bring alliens/outerspace threats into the story lol (which I doubt she will)
Hmm, now that everything ended, I kinda want to watch the anime again, especially Future arc.
Nov 7, 2012 6:07 PM

Mar 2009
Dafuq. Well then, that was disappointing.
Nov 7, 2012 6:31 PM

Apr 2012
Okay... not a bad ending, something several levels under bad, maybe a whole shit of an ending. KHR was great, why this rush? AC's will take the place just well.
Nov 7, 2012 7:04 PM
Nov 2012
8-9/10
I'm crying inside that it ended. I really wanted to see TYL Tsuna too. ;A; Thank you Amano-sensei
Nov 7, 2012 7:30 PM
Mar 2011
asdf546 said:
ARE YOU SERIOUS? whats with this sudden ending it basically resolved no problems introduced since the very beginning wow no conclusion to relationships no conclusion to vongola nothing was resolved just a sudden end what is this??!

Pretty much how I felt and to be honest I can only think up three reasons why an author would rush an ending like this:

1) They were told that they needed to end a series by a certain date which would mean they would have to rethink the ending they originally planned, shorten it, and therefore it would become rushed and bad unless the author was an uber amazing writer. The cause of this would most likely be low ratings, of course it could also be something personal as well (illness for example).

2) They are just a bad writer in general. For some reason I just don't get this vibe from Amano-sensei though. A lot of people felt that the series went downhill after the Future arc (some even say after the Varia arc) however I felt that the Mukuro arc, Varia arc, and Future arc were aimed at Tsuna's character growing stronger physically while the Inheritance and Arcobaleno arcs were more at emotional growth, as is seen by the maturity that Tsuna showed when he brought up the Primo when talking to Reborn and trying to convince him that he (Tsuna) wouldn't give up and also when he called the meeting to discuss the strategy for the fight. Anyways I'm straying from my point, I just don't feel that Amano is a bad writer.

3) The author plans for a sequel. Sequels don't happen very often in manga, then again I've watched more anime than I've read manga, still I've only come across one author that did a sequel (Takeshi Konomi), and since that's the only one I know of I'm going to use it as my point of comparison. A sequel can occur when a series reaches it's goal, in the Prince of Tennis Seigaku reached it's goal - winning nationals, in KHR Reborn was freed from the Arcobaleno curse (remember taking into account the title, the opening, and the ending, the focus of KHR was Reborn and his antics, not Tsuna even if he was the main character), but there is still room for character development. In the Prince of Tennis even though Seigaku won Natiionals Ryoma hasn't reached the peak of his growth, he is not as strong as he could be (Opening the doors for the New Prince of Tennis) in KHR's case Tsuna has not: A) Chosen a girl yet B) Become the Vongola 10th, or the Neo Vongola Primo as is pointed out at the end of the manga. At the end of the manga it's also stated that Tsuna hasn't changed at all except for the fact that he now has friends and has maybe grown a little stronger because of them.

-----------------------

Anyways those are just the three possibilities as to why the ending could be rushed. Personally I think it's either 1 or 3 (2 isn't a contender for me because like I said I don't think Amano-sensei is a bad writer) and I'm leaning towards 1 because like I stated above sequels are rare and while I'm hoping for one it's much more likely the story and characters of KHR are done for good and Amano will move on to something new. Others may have different opinions though and I'd honestly like to hear them.
Nov 7, 2012 7:35 PM

Sep 2009
Annnd the end. Never thought I'd see Reborn on my completed list--I always thought that it'd be a mere pipe dream, though that might be a crazy exaggeration.

I don't know how I feel about this.

I'm glad it's finally over now before dragging on to infinity, but that was a rather stereotypical ending. Le poop.

Oh well. 9/10 I suppose.
Nov 7, 2012 7:58 PM

Dec 2009
I swear manga's that are published in WSJ have the most unsatisfied and rushed endings ever. At the least they should give like a bonus 40 page to let the author finish up more satisfyingly.
But overall I give this manga an 8/10. I liked the main concept of this whole series and where it goes with each arc but the execution just always fall short.
Nov 7, 2012 7:59 PM

Jun 2011
I give this manga either an 8.5 or a 9/10. Probably a 9/10. I really enjoyed it, a lot of people say it went down hill after the future arc. I don't think so. I really enjoyed the arcs after the future arc. The ending was alright too. It wasn't what I expected, but I'm still satisfied.
Playstation Network ID - Overlord-Takeshi
Please feel free to talk to me! I love making new friends with the same interests as me!
Nov 7, 2012 8:03 PM

Dec 2009
;C Ending was sooo bad. Nothing was resolved... Wish the ending could have been wrapped up better... but "oh well".
I really enjoyed the overall story of KHR and really liked the chapters, character, and concepts... pretty much everything, up until the end. I'm gonna miss it, but it was a good read nonetheless. :)
Nov 7, 2012 8:18 PM

Jun 2012
Chapter 1: Tsuna is a loser, has to confess, no girlfriend, and not a mafia boss.

Chapter 409: Tsuna is still a loser, hasn't confessed at all, still no girlfriend, and didn't become a mafia boss. On the bright side, he now has friends...
Nov 7, 2012 8:44 PM

Aug 2009
bad ending.....
Nov 7, 2012 9:32 PM

Mar 2012
Such a disappointing ending... even I would probably had done better.. it feels so rushed lately.

The ending would had been better if it was like, for example, we see who Tsuna be with in the end (Kyoko or Haru) but he was friendzoned...

Or a better one, that a timeskip past, (say, 10 years). He accepts his destiny as the 10th Vongola. We see everyone older, as the Boss and the Guardians, looking at the clear view of their hometown, on top of somewhere.

Would had been done better in numerous ways..

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Nov 8, 2012 12:52 AM

Mar 2012
Obtained: Sucky ending.

KHR ended. Well, fuq this. /sobs

8/10
Nov 8, 2012 1:14 AM

May 2012
The manga was so epic but the mangaka basically ruined the ending -______-
i'll give this a 7/10 because the former arcs where so cool but then the last one just had to fail. -_____- this sucks
Nov 8, 2012 1:37 AM

Jan 2011
10/10 to 9.5/10 for me, minus 0.5 because of ending. Since I still loved Varia arc and the whole Future arc, which made up over most of the story, I am going to keep the score at 10 >.< I hope people who gave 10, don't go dropping it to 7 or 8 Dx at least keep it at 9.
Nov 8, 2012 1:38 AM
Aug 2011
- Little/No character development even by "battle-shonen" standards
- Rushed ending with a few holes remaining.
- Open ended, thus, basically incomplete.

The ending decides if it gets a + or - score.
The ending sucked, so its a -1 for me.
6/10 - Generous rating
Nov 8, 2012 2:44 AM

Mar 2011
And the score is still dropping, Amano you screwed up a lot. From 8.46 to 8.39 is actually a lot in only 2 days XD.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 8, 2012 2:46 AM
May 2011
So is this the last chapter?

http://www.mangahere.com/news/katekyo-hitman-reborn-manga-confirmed-to-end/

Says that the last one is in the 50th issue of jump on Nov 12th, is that wrong?
Nov 8, 2012 3:59 AM

Mar 2011
Tylerr said:
So is this the last chapter?

http://www.mangahere.com/news/katekyo-hitman-reborn-manga-confirmed-to-end/

Says that the last one is in the 50th issue of jump on Nov 12th, is that wrong?

Yes, it's completed, MAL has it as finished, the author confirmed it at the last page, ain't nothing more to confirm.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 8, 2012 5:56 AM

Dec 2011
I really hate endings like this... were the main character realizes that he had gathered all his friends and explaining it in the end.

7/10 for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2012 6:38 AM
Oct 2012
Can't even express in words how sad and disappointed I am. I loved KHR to bits, even when it gave me less than satisfactory chapters. Now it's over and the end is the most rushed thing I've ever seen in my life.
Nov 8, 2012 8:18 AM

Apr 2008
Thank god this old and sickly dog was put down at last. Finishing it was a mercy.

PirateKingz said:
Chapter 1: Tsuna is a loser, has to confess, no girlfriend, and not a mafia boss.

Chapter 409: Tsuna is still a loser, hasn't confessed at all, still no girlfriend, and didn't become a mafia boss. On the bright side, he now has friends...

Pretty much this. He is a completely stagnant character outside of ongoing arcs. A very poor degree of writing.
Darklight0303Nov 8, 2012 9:04 AM
Nov 8, 2012 9:15 AM

Apr 2011
final chapter was a usual one.. like it ended just out of the blue... heh
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ 
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Nov 8, 2012 1:21 PM

May 2011
WHAT THE HELL THAT WAS THE ENDING!!!!!!???????

“Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short and wear shirts and boots because it’s okay to be a boy; for girls it’s like promotion. But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, according to you, because secretly you believe that being a girl is degrading.”—Ian McEwan, The Cement Garden (1978)
Nov 8, 2012 2:21 PM

Jul 2008
One of my favorites, but agree on quality drop. Ill give it a 10/10, because all the good/awsome scenes outweigh the negatives. Now i hope they continue / finish the anime version, which i re-watch all the time. :D
Nov 8, 2012 5:05 PM

Jan 2011
I feel betrayed....
Nov 8, 2012 5:56 PM

Jul 2010
I'm feeling somewhat disappointed. That's it? Everything happened so fast and.. It felt really rushed. I'm so confused right now. ;_;
Nov 8, 2012 7:15 PM

Nov 2011
I agree with everyone, it ended too fast. At least, i would have expected to know if he decided to become the tenth...
Nov 8, 2012 9:46 PM

Apr 2008
I don't dislike the last arc that much; it was just the meaning behind it. The revelation behind the Vindice was cool though

Checkerface is just not a good character. He talks like the curses were justified, and in the end, after so many many many years, he deals with a change. Also, why is flame so important?

Who was a good villain honestly? Xanxus? Byakuran? Spade?

...maybe I'm hitting it too hard. Maybe it is genius?
Nov 8, 2012 10:36 PM

Sep 2010
About time Reborn ended.
Series gets a 5/10.
sauveterreNov 9, 2012 1:27 AM
Nov 9, 2012 3:22 AM

Jan 2011
A pretty decent ending but doesn't do the series justice to be honest. D: Really wish Tsuna actually became the next boss of the Vongola family. Would also have liked to seen a little time skip. Still liked the ending though, went back to it's original roots. It's usual comedy and all. :)

As a whole, KHR was a pretty awesome shounen manga. The art style was indeed pretty weird at first but eventually I got used to it. Loved seeing Tsuna in his Dying Will state but when he reverts back to normal I kinda get annoyed seeing him all useless. xD All the other Vongola members and even the Varia were so awesome though. Yamamoto and Squalo ftw!

Nov 9, 2012 4:33 AM

Jan 2011
kenichi-san said:
One of my favorites, but agree on quality drop. Ill give it a 10/10, because all the good/awsome scenes outweigh the negatives. Now i hope they continue / finish the anime version, which i re-watch all the time. :D

^ This. I really wanted to see Enma being animated xD
Nov 9, 2012 4:51 AM

Apr 2012
Started a gag, strayed to mainstream, ended a gag. I'm actually glad that it ended.

I used to rate it as a masterpiece but it went downhill. The curse of arcobaleno arc really pulled the manga down.
Nov 9, 2012 5:55 AM

Apr 2012
Is it really over? I just don't belive it... After a sudden ending of arcobaleno arc and some rather boring chapters, I just couldn't understand that it's the end until I saw the last page... Well, I wasn't a big fan of this manga, but I really liked it...
Nov 9, 2012 5:30 PM

Oct 2012
Sudden ending is sudden :/
I suppose I should've seen it coming, since that last arc had this really nostalgic feeling.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Chapter 408 Discussion

azeriraz - Oct 30, 2012

32 by senekohan »»
Apr 8, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Chapter 407 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaengel - Oct 24, 2012

50 by senekohan »»
Apr 8, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Chapter 406 Discussion ( 1 2 )

reiko_ - Oct 17, 2012

64 by senekohan »»
Apr 8, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Chapter 405 Discussion

Kanic - Oct 10, 2012

49 by senekohan »»
Apr 8, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Chapter 404 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MalikarXXII - Oct 2, 2012

54 by senekohan »»
Apr 8, 11:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.