Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 7, 2012 11:57 PM

Feb 2012
symbv said:
Naxrrhid said:
Why does everyone hate Nanami?

-> Simple; Every second she is on the screen, its a second that we dont get to see Shiina. Every cockblock that she will inevitably do, will be something that drops the rating of the show for some. Long answer short, she is useless to the show imo.
Your theory applies to Misaki too. I guess we should say Misaki is also useless to the show then.

Hey, Could you please change your everyone to "some" 'cause not all people watching this show hates her so much like you did. Only a few people who doesn't seem to understand what really her character is are bashing on Nanami.

Aoyama isn't even useless to begin with. I know for some reason that she has an important role in the series that's why she's in it. You just don't seem to see it on the show.
Nov 8, 2012 12:01 AM

Apr 2012
This is quickly becoming my favourite anime of the season!
Nov 8, 2012 12:14 AM
Aug 2012
pizza_012 said:

Hey, Could you please change your everyone to "some" 'cause not all people watching this show hates her so much like you did. Only a few people who doesn't seem to understand what really her character is are bashing on Nanami.

Aoyama isn't even useless to begin with. I know for some reason that she has an important role in the series that's why she's in it. You just don't seem to see it on the show.

This.

As a LN reader, I have many reason to justify her presence.
Though that can't be done without spoiling the story.

I just want to say,
aren't we a bit quick on our judgement when its only the first episode that feature Nanami as major character?
Nov 8, 2012 2:45 AM

Sep 2009
goh1925 said:
I just want to say,
aren't we a bit quick on our judgement when its only the first episode that feature Nanami as major character?
Lol, I've noticed that some people here love to judge entire works based on initial impressions.

Anyways, I really enjoyed the comedy in this episode. So far I am thoroughly satisfied.
Nov 8, 2012 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
Man, I didn't have a good laugh like this in a while..

The scene at the park was absolutely hilarious.
Nov 8, 2012 8:45 PM
Aug 2011
God damn Nanami just kept on fucking yelling for the entirety of her screentime.
Nov 8, 2012 9:37 PM

Sep 2012
Mashiro always has her way to complicate the situation when Nanami is around xD love their interaction when the 3 is around. :)

Hope Sorata and Nanami can get along soon~~ :(
Nov 8, 2012 9:58 PM

Dec 2011
iLostReason said:
Aoyama sure is damn annoying.I had a feeling she will ruin many MashiroxSorata moments, but i still cant stand it.Hoping for less of her in next episodes.Like really.

yeah she was a pain in the ass, i hope she cools down a bit in the next ep.
Nov 9, 2012 6:54 AM

Sep 2012
brainstorm5 said:
this episode was stupid as shit.
Care to explain?

Tr1ckR said:

yeah she was a pain in the ass, i hope she cools down a bit in the next ep.
Actually near the end of the episode she already cools down enough to be doing things with Shiina without much fuss, so I think she has cooled down quite a bit. The issue now is more like her stubbornness, her determination to push herself too hard and refusal to let people help her.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 9, 2012 10:43 AM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Serge91 said:
Yes it was from last week, but someone said that nanami may be pregnant. I just have no patience to read that kind of "thoughts". No offence.
It was me and I did not say that, I though she was and got a kid because of the speech being cut off. Well it seems it was a misunderstanding really. I understood wrong based on her implications that were cut off to make things worse at the end.

At least I am just a poor victim of those damn cut offs that happen in anime. The speech was clearly cut with kid/baby by the RX-7. If anything it had to do with insulting Kanda being a baby.
Judging by her behaviour it's safe to assume Aoyama is still a virgin.
She is to shy and overreacts when something sexual is mentioned she also turns red during those moments, someone with sexual experience would not react like she does.
She also doesn't appear as the type that sleeps around and she is pretty serious in her feelings towards Sorata however she is to shy to convey her feelings for him.
I know some people might argue about the sexy underwear however sexy underwear doesn't have to mean that the one wearing it is sexually active.

So it's impossible for her to be pregnant.
AversaNov 9, 2012 11:05 AM
Nov 9, 2012 10:53 AM

Sep 2012
The rule of thumb is to assume all unmarried girls in an anime to be virgin until you are explicitly told she is not, sexy lingerie or not.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 9, 2012 3:26 PM
Sep 2008
symbv said:
The rule of thumb is to assume all unmarried girls in an anime to be virgin until you are explicitly told she is not, sexy lingerie or not.
Then what about Shiina? I know she is, but did she really want to do it with Sorata in dorm and this love hotel? And would she do that even if it wasnt sorata, but some random guy in hotel, because she only wanted to have some info for her manga? I would not want to have a girlfriend who would do it with just anyone for some data. I don't think it was a joke. This really spoils her character
Nov 9, 2012 4:27 PM

Aug 2011
The anime screw up Nanami's character.
Not as good as the earlier episodes but still funny.

I'm reading from chinese translations, but I always thought that the main reason why Nanami move to Sakurasou is because of her inability to pay the fee for staying in the dormitory instead of pursuing Sorata.
Did I interpret wrongly?

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Nov 9, 2012 5:45 PM

Dec 2010
symbv said:
brainstorm5 said:
Care to explain?

You shouldn't ask the impossible, things like reason are likely beyond him.
Nov 9, 2012 6:33 PM

Oct 2008
I haven't laughed so much in a single episode in a long time.

Shiina's VA just nails her character.
Nov 10, 2012 12:22 AM

Sep 2012
Serge91 said:
symbv said:
Then what about Shiina? I know she is, but did she really want to do it with Sorata in dorm and this love hotel?
No
Serge91 said:
And would she do that even if it wasnt sorata, but some random guy in hotel, because she only wanted to have some info for her manga?
No

Nov 10, 2012 12:24 AM

Aug 2011
brainstorm5 said:

While i wont label you as a troll outright..., i would like to hear your thoughts as to why you think so. So can you elaborate wch scenes or character interactions were not good.

5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Nov 10, 2012 9:20 AM
Sep 2008
symbv said:
Serge91 said:
symbv said:
Then what about Shiina? I know she is, but did she really want to do it with Sorata in dorm and this love hotel?
No
Serge91 said:
And would she do that even if it wasnt sorata, but some random guy in hotel, because she only wanted to have some info for her manga?
No

why do you say that? from what I read. a lot of people think the opposite
Nov 10, 2012 9:37 AM

Sep 2012
Serge91 said:
symbv said:
Serge91 said:
symbv said:
No
Serge91 said:
No

Wat do you mean by "do it" in your post? If you mean "have sex", then no.

Nov 10, 2012 11:16 AM
Sep 2008
symbv said:
Serge91 said:
symbv said:
Serge91 said:
symbv said:
No
Serge91 said:
No

Wat do you mean by "do it" in your post? If you mean "have sex", then no.

Yeah that's what I meant. Then why did she "invite" him to this hotel? what was her purpose? Most people in other forum thought the same thing as I
Delete8Nov 10, 2012 11:52 AM
Nov 10, 2012 11:51 AM
Aug 2012
Well, the only thing Jin could do to make sure he was followed by Sorata and Misaki would be something like taking her to a love hotel. Like he said, all went according to plan. Though i wouldn't be so sure about Mashiro's thought process, she's as clueless as ever.

This is just how i see it, though, so i'll have to disagree, she did not want to 'do it'.
Nov 10, 2012 12:20 PM

Feb 2008
Aoyama's going to need a lot of help in the next episode. I can already see it. She's working so many jobs just to pay her living expenses, and she still doesn't have enough money to eat right. She almost passes out from over exertion. She adds even more stress voluntarily by taking on Mashiro Duty. Plus, she has to do chores around Sakurasou, and she has to study for classes. It's like she's stressed out by all the stuff she has to do and at the same time she deals with her stress by taking on more work, which stresses her out more. It's a vicious circle, and she'll fall apart eventually.

I can see where her stubbornness comes from, and I can also see why Sorata got pissed off, and why some people have started to dislike her. She can't rely on her parents to get what she wants, and she's extended that to everyone. It would piss me off, too, if someone you help gets pissed off at you for only wanting to help. If she continues like this to adulthood, she'll probably end up alone.

Nov 10, 2012 8:19 PM

Sep 2012
Serge91 said:
Yeah that's what I meant. Then why did she "invite" him to this hotel? what was her purpose? Most people in other forum thought the same thing as I
I don't know what other forums you have been to, but in Japanese forums nobody thought that except those who came to troll or joke. The invitation is just as Shiina said, to do research for her manga, and she seemed to take care to ask only those whom she trusts to accompany her - so only Sorata and Jin fit the bill. I actually doubt Shiina cares much about sex for herself. So far she cares about sex (or better, sex appeal) only as a certain element that she may incorporate in her manga and she senses that there is research she needs to do, hence her peeking at Sorata bathing or harassing Sorata on bed.

Nov 11, 2012 5:07 AM

Oct 2007
When one tries not to think my heroine is a "pure" girl they maybe able to come to a more better conclusion when watching anime.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 11, 2012 8:16 AM

Nov 2011
Omniknight said:
I haven't laughed so much in a single episode in a long time.

Shiina's VA just nails her character.

I was just like you XD
Nov 11, 2012 9:00 AM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
Serge91 said:
I don't know what other forums you have been to, but in Japanese forums nobody thought that except those who came to troll or joke. The invitation is just as Shiina said, to do research for her manga, and she seemed to take care to ask only those whom she trusts to accompany her - so only Sorata and Jin fit the bill. I actually doubt Shiina cares much about sex for herself. So far she cares about sex (or better, sex appeal) only as a certain element that she may incorporate in her manga and she senses that there is research she needs to do, hence her peeking at Sorata bathing or harassing Sorata on bed.
I agree it's hard to draw something if you don't have a reference to it, she could have looked for images on the internet but seeing the real thing is better.
She asked Sorata to undress for that reason the reason why she asked Sorata to come along to the love hotel was probably because there easier to approach when someone is with her her and preferably someone she trusts.
Shiina doesn't seen to care much for people she doesn't know nor does she approach them so i highly doubt she would ask a random guy to do that.
Nov 11, 2012 9:32 AM

Oct 2010
Aversa said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Serge91 said:
Yes it was from last week, but someone said that nanami may be pregnant. I just have no patience to read that kind of "thoughts". No offence.
It was me and I did not say that, I though she was and got a kid because of the speech being cut off. Well it seems it was a misunderstanding really. I understood wrong based on her implications that were cut off to make things worse at the end.

At least I am just a poor victim of those damn cut offs that happen in anime. The speech was clearly cut with kid/baby by the RX-7. If anything it had to do with insulting Kanda being a baby.
She is to shy and overreacts when something sexual is mentioned she also turns red during those moments, someone with sexual experience would not react like she does.
She also doesn't appear as the type that sleeps around and she is pretty serious in her feelings towards Sorata however she is to shy to convey her feelings for him.
I know some people might argue about the sexy underwear however sexy underwear doesn't have to mean that the one wearing it is sexually active.

OK you convinced and I misheard the meaning there but I remind you she did not react blushed when Jin mentioned he had sex three times with Rumi. So why is that??? She should have reacted to it also.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 11, 2012 9:48 AM

Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
OK you convinced and I misheard the meaning there but I remind you she did not react blushed when Jin mentioned he had sex three times with Rumi. So why is that??? She should have reacted to it also.
Because to her sex is not something she cares. Nothing excites her or embarrasses her. She is only motivated or moved by the goal she sets herself, like drawing a successful manga.

Nov 11, 2012 10:22 AM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Because to her sex is not something she cares. Nothing excites her or embarrasses her. She is only motivated or moved by the goal she sets herself, like drawing a successful manga.
I think your mistaken with Shiina.

Aoyama isn't interested in Jin so she probably doesn't mind him sleeping around and Jin is also known for his sexual behaviour so i think she expected something like that from him.
She was also very tired from overwork and not getting enough rest so she might have misheard him or was to tired to react at him.
Nov 11, 2012 10:38 AM

Sep 2012
Aversa said:
symbv said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I see. Let me try again then (because I am sure Aoyama is a virgin by default):

Jin is not shy about mentioning his exploits. Everybody knows his mode. By that scene we already know Aoyama has been living in Sakuraso for some time, so she probably knows about Jin already. It is not something she heard for the first time.

And she was very upset after arguing with Sorata. She is in ABSOLUTELY NO MOOD for jokes or just sex harassment talks. She was being angry and her reaction was to show that she was serious about doing her job so she only focused on Jin's breaking the curfew hour.

Nov 11, 2012 10:53 AM

Oct 2010
Aversa said:
symbv said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Aoyama isn't interested in Jin so she probably doesn't mind him sleeping around and Jin is also known for his sexual behaviour so i think she expected something like that from him.
She was also very tired from overwork and not getting enough rest so she might have misheard him or was to tired to react at him.
Let's leave it at that then. It's quite possible with the fatigue factor in. That she ignored it. Quite possible also she is used to him but that's to see. I think she over-reacted to him at first and got used to him but that remains to see how. Flashbacks here might help to show her first time getting used to Jin.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 11, 2012 5:31 PM
Sep 2008
Aversa said:
symbv said:
Serge91 said:
I agree it's hard to draw something if you don't have a reference to it, she could have looked for images on the internet but seeing the real thing is better.
She asked Sorata to undress for that reason the reason why she asked Sorata to come along to the love hotel was probably because there easier to approach when someone is with her her and preferably someone she trusts.
Shiina doesn't seen to care much for people she doesn't know nor does she approach them so i highly doubt she would ask a random guy to do that.

You are propably right, It was weird for me that she only wanted to watch how love hotel looks like.
Nov 11, 2012 8:19 PM

Dec 2011
Loving it
Nov 11, 2012 9:35 PM

Oct 2012
Serge91 said:
Aversa said:
symbv said:
Serge91 said:

You are propably right, It was weird for me that she only wanted to watch how love hotel looks like.
Not just that, but also the experience of having a male and female together. A lot of manga has romance in it, and I'm pretty sure she wanted to capture some of that in her manga. The only way to make it believable is through realistic experiences in the manga, or intelligent reasons for the relationship. The second option is probably out of the question for Shiina.
Nov 12, 2012 5:53 AM

Aug 2007
I'm begining to hate that girl... Aoyama, she misundertand all things.
Nov 12, 2012 4:04 PM

Aug 2011
Sorata and Mashiro's tsukkomi and boke always gets me.

Oh my sides.
Nov 15, 2012 7:01 AM

Aug 2011
Hmm, come to think of it, Aoyama is exactly the kind of girl I expected. She can try to get the MC's heart all she wants, but he's going to fall in love with Shiina anyways. Kinda reminds me of Kawashima Ami from Toradora. Very tsuntsun, but her deredere can be pretty cute.

Hoping for more character development on her part.

In any case, this show is freaking awesome. One of my favorites of this season! 9/10 so far.
CrimsonPhantomNov 15, 2012 7:11 AM
Nov 19, 2012 1:25 PM

Aug 2010
goh1925 said:
I don't get all the dislike that Nanami get, she's my favourite character in this anime.
yep, Sorata x Nanami for my OTP.
ponytail FTW~~

btw, awesome imouto~

She had potential to be my favorite character but she was a little annoying this episode. I hope she changes little later in the series because she was being way too much of a bitch this episode. I still like her more than Mashiro though.
Nov 24, 2012 1:07 AM

Apr 2009
"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"

If Sorata won't leave anymore, then why not add in the other people close to him to Sakurasou? I'm pretty sure that call by his sister means something as well...

Ah, more of the usual hijinks after that ending-like episode last time. I should've known I'd still find Misaki as annoying as I first thought her to be.

This time we add Nanami to the mix. I commend her valiant efforts, but she is way in over her head. I still like her though. Even though she has practically no chance with Sorata. I feel it.
Dec 11, 2012 4:55 AM

Sep 2011
At first, I found the watermelon in the microwave is weird but I realized that it was really weird.

And 3 rounds!? Out of fluid!? LOL Sorata's friend is really hilarious. And so this episode. XD

Dec 14, 2012 6:26 PM
Jul 2012
Lol good episode.
Aoyama is aright. Needs to stop argue and stubbern.
Haha Shinna failed her tests.
5/5
Feb 26, 2013 7:10 AM

Jun 2011
Seriously, do they have to shout so loud? Everybody is still sleeping for God's sake -.-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 6, 2013 8:39 AM

Jan 2011
I haven't watched this in a long time because it wasn't that good, but several people told me it gets better later on. I'll be catching up with this in a bit, hopefully before it finishes airing.
OT, I kinda liked this episode, but I can't wait for the serious part(s).
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 30, 2013 11:04 PM

Sep 2011
Stark700 said:

Oh God, this episode had so many Nanami moments. I lol'd @ that park scene with all the misunderstandings

My favorite part of the episode (even though the whole episode was awesome)! I just couldn't stop laughing, too good!
Apr 3, 2013 7:11 AM

Sep 2012
OriginANIME said:
Stark700 said:

Oh God, this episode had so many Nanami moments. I lol'd @ that park scene with all the misunderstandings

My favorite part of the episode (even though the whole episode was awesome)! I just couldn't stop laughing, too good!

i laughed so hard that i thought that i'm gonna die laughing, at that part
Apr 3, 2013 7:13 AM

Sep 2012
i'm rooting for Mashiro x Sorata :)
Apr 3, 2013 7:16 AM

Sep 2012
Aversa said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Serge91 said:

i totally agree with u
Apr 3, 2013 7:26 AM

Sep 2012
Serge91 said:
symbv said:
Then what about Shiina? I know she is, but did she really want to do it with Sorata in dorm and this love hotel? And would she do that even if it wasnt sorata, but some random guy in hotel, because she only wanted to have some info for her manga? I would not want to have a girlfriend who would do it with just anyone for some data. I don't think it was a joke. This really spoils her character

u got the wrong impression from her!!! shes not like that, she loves Sorata that's why she chose him, Jin plan worked like a charm, he knew that he wold come & she wold have never gone in there with Jin, & i think she wold never go farther then she did with Sorata (not for data, for love maybe she wold), not with him & not with any1, she acts like that & guy mite get the wrong idea but she wold never..., its just she is autistic that's why she dose not think that act like this wold affect him sexually, i mean get him sexually exited
Apr 3, 2013 7:32 AM

Sep 2012
Soshinra said:
The anime screw up Nanami's character.
Not as good as the earlier episodes but still funny.

I'm reading from chinese translations, but I always thought that the main reason why Nanami move to Sakurasou is because of her inability to pay the fee for staying in the dormitory instead of pursuing Sorata.
Did I interpret wrongly?

its half truth, real truth is: first it was cause of inability to pay the fee for staying in the dormitory, but she was not sure, but she decided to go to Sakurasou dormitory out of jealousy, so her inability to pay the fee for staying in the dormitory was an excuse
Sugram22Apr 3, 2013 7:39 AM
Apr 9, 2013 4:29 AM

Sep 2012
Yay, Nanami moved to Sakurasou.:D
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.