Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2012 2:57 PM

Jul 2009
Need more Leafa fanservice and less Suguha. :(
Nov 3, 2012 2:58 PM

Oct 2012

It was an excuse for me to go back and watch episode 14. ;)
Nov 3, 2012 2:59 PM
Oct 2012
RockerXD said:
Takuan_Soho said:
RockerXD said:
They couldve cut down the fanservice secene by 15-25 sec and used that 15-25 sec to make her say this "Sigurd had invited her to join his party. Lyfa had accepted the offer on two conditions: she would only participate when she can and she could quit if she wanted to. Specifically, she wanted him to know that she doesn't want to be tied down with responsibilities. "

Somehow I believe that more DVDs will be sold because of those 15-25 seconds of fanservice than 50 minutes of more detail. Them's the world we live in.

View suffering through 15-25 seconds of fanservice as your cable subscription to be able to watch these online. Much like the internet, animation primarily exists because of all the pervs. God bless them, everyone of them! Otherwise animation would be about as profitable as newspapers.

The problem with that is all these small but important details get cut, for something that is pretty much optional and not making anything any clearer. The entire thing was like 45sec-1min, it could've been cut short for that small freaking detail. Sure sex sells, but look at Fate/Zero, I'm sure as hell some people paid 450 bucks for them BDs.

Actually they do have her saying: "You promised I could join when I had time and could leave when I wanted to." Around the 7 minute mark. Forgot about that when I commented.

Personally I agree with you, but I think we shouldn't confuse our wishes for economic reality.

Fate/Night was a huge success as a game that they brought over to Animation, the producers already knew that people were willing and able to spend $100 on a game, and could estimate how many would probably be willing to purchase the DVDs.

SAO, while popular, had no such track record. People liked it, but would they be willing to spend the money on the DVDs? The most expensive SAO product was the $7 light novel. The risk was corresponding much greater. The producers are obviously hedging their bets with the fanservice. They will get far more people to watch the show with it, than they will lose by showing it.

As Mencken said: "you will never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public". I can honestly report this is a universal and not a regional truth.
Nov 3, 2012 3:14 PM
Sep 2012
Kurogashi said:
I don't know about you but they're both hot to me. I thought that Suguha was kinda sexy in her underwear. Now if only someone could get rid of that white mist it would be perfect.
Nov 3, 2012 3:20 PM
Sep 2011
AiCon said:
Kurogashi said:
I don't know about you but they're both hot to me. I thought that Suguha was kinda sexy in her underwear. Now if only someone could get rid of that white mist it would be perfect.

Wait for BD.

Now the battle part of ALO starts, waiting for good animation.
Nov 3, 2012 3:37 PM

Jan 2008
Watched this episode for the 'plots'. Otherwise, not much different from the previous where nothing much really happened.
Nov 3, 2012 3:40 PM
Oct 2012
like the new sword... but also you know next episode is going to have a good part in it... like what will happen in it.. Can't wait for next episode to come out
Nov 3, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2012
he reminds me of Zack from ff7, i just couldnt help but laugh

i mean come on, his clothes, his spikey black hair and even the sword is similar
Nov 3, 2012 3:44 PM

Aug 2011
Why does everyone hate Sugou so much?
Another horrible episode. Sugou being a creep was cool though.
Nov 3, 2012 3:48 PM

Sep 2011
LordStraw said:

Indeed. He amuses me. Haters gonna hate. :(

Nov 3, 2012 3:58 PM

Aug 2008
Zekken said:

i mean come on, his clothes, his spikey black hair and even the sword is similar
Zekken said:

Now if only he was half as good of a character.

He kinda reminds me of an oversized puck.
Nov 3, 2012 4:04 PM

Mar 2012
This show seems to have hit it's stride.

And by "hit it's stride," I mean "consistently boring but at least it's not as bad as episode 14."

I wish Sugou talked like a gangster in 50's mob flicks and ended all his sentences in ",see?"

"I met Kirito, see? I met him in the real world, See?"

A tommy gun would be neat too.
Nov 3, 2012 4:05 PM

Dec 2009
If it saves anyone some time, holding up a mirror while playing back the Sugu fanservice scene doesn't work. XD

Thoughts on the episode:

* It's nice seeing Suguha's reasons for diving in ALO
* Another power hungry d-bag appears ugh.
* Being Recon is suffering
* Kirito looks like one of the Post-FF6 characters
* So much of Sugu's SUGU'S!
* RAEG
* Cliffhanger, can't wait for the next episode

This arc feels a lot slower than SAO. Although we do get to see how a VRMMO works if it doesn't have the whole dying penalty.
Nov 3, 2012 4:06 PM

Dec 2010
Sa-chan_ said:
LordStraw said:

More like trolls going to troll, look around you and see how big of a minority you are, Sugou is a hated character for a reason or are you going to say we are all insane and you are the only ones of right mind.
Nov 3, 2012 4:11 PM

Aug 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
Sa-chan_ said:
LordStraw said:

More like trolls going to troll, look around you and see how big of a minority you are, Sugou is a hated character for a reason or are you going to say we are all insane and you are the only ones of right mind.

NTR fans, that's all.
Nov 3, 2012 4:12 PM

Sep 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Sa-chan_ said:
LordStraw said:

Nope. I'm not trolling and it's true he amuses me because of his character. And I didn't say anything about you Sugou haters are insane or implying on that level.
TennoujiNov 3, 2012 4:25 PM

Nov 3, 2012 4:13 PM

Jul 2011
Just when I was liking ALO, I found this episode rather weak, mainly because of that conflict between Lyfa and her possesive party leader. If they were trapped in SAO, I would understand it, but here it´s feels a bit exagerated, even with the whole Territory and Renegade thing. At least they didn´t conclude it with Kirito fighting for her dignity (I think Lyfa should have fend them off without his help, though).
While I dislike Asuna, I want to see how she´ll try her escape...
3/5
Nov 3, 2012 4:15 PM

Sep 2012
Kirito and his knock off Dragon Slayer. Guts does not approve.
Nov 3, 2012 4:18 PM

Jul 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Sa-chan_ said:
LordStraw said:

I could argue that it´s retarded to despise a blatantly bad written villian. His machiavelic attitude is managed in such an unsubtle way that it´s funny, actually.
Nov 3, 2012 4:20 PM

Jan 2011
that has to be one of the lamest villains ive seen in a while
Nov 3, 2012 4:20 PM

Aug 2008
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Sa-chan_ said:
LordStraw said:

I could argue that it´s retarded to despise a blatantly bad written villian. His machiavelic attitude is managed in such an unsubtle way that it´s funny, actually.

I think he's just written to be the anime version of bowser, hence his hilariousness.
Nov 3, 2012 4:46 PM

Feb 2012
Dat End :O

Looks like those duds are going to gank them hard.

Looking forward to the next ep.
Nov 3, 2012 4:53 PM

May 2009
Ah Sugou, you make me rage so good. <3
Nov 3, 2012 4:58 PM
Jul 2012
Got my weekly dose of sugou im satisfied. DEFILE THAT WOMAN

Also I have a question for LN readers, is Kirito actually a likable character in the LN and after this game does he become famous or something?
Nov 3, 2012 5:00 PM

Aug 2008
JavierR said:

Also I have a question for LN readers, is Kirito actually a likable character in the LN and after this game does he become famous or something?

He's more likable in the anime actually.

Uhhh not really. Then again I quit reading in the middle of GGO because it was so stupid, so maybe after that.
Nov 3, 2012 5:09 PM

Aug 2009
JavierR said:

Yes.For the same reasons people like VN Shirou more than anime Shirou.
Nov 3, 2012 5:10 PM

Oct 2012
boring episode 2/5 +1 for boobs
overall 3/5
Nov 3, 2012 5:12 PM

Aug 2008
ssjokg said:
JavierR said:

Uh I don't think people really care that much for Fate path Shirou, regardless of the medium. People didn't like him until UBW and HF which the anime never got to.
Nov 3, 2012 5:15 PM

Nov 2009
ssjokg said:
JavierR said:

Anyway, back to the episode, this was rather a good one and I enjoyed it a lot.
The artworks, especially the scenery, backgrounds are beautifully drawn and I could imagine they look closely to what I have expected when I read the novel. Good job A-1. There were some developments and conflicts in Lyfa and I like it. She's an adorable char but too bad for her though :(
Nov 3, 2012 5:16 PM

Aug 2009
hyperknees91 said:
ssjokg said:
JavierR said:

Uh I don't think people really care that much for Fate path Shirou, regardless of the medium. People didn't like him until UBW and HF which the anime never got to.
Yeah but they didnt hate him completely in Fate route either.You/we just didnt care about that Shirou.
Nov 3, 2012 5:19 PM

Aug 2008
ssjokg said:
hyperknees91 said:
ssjokg said:
JavierR said:

Yeah but they didnt hate him completely in Fate route either.You/we just didnt care about that Shirou.

I didn't know people even hated him in the anime. Just thought it was a poor poor adaption, not really a comparison to the SAO adaption which is actually pretty accurate to its source material.
Nov 3, 2012 5:21 PM

Nov 2009
hyperknees91 said:
not really a comparison to the SAO adaption which is actually pretty accurate to its source material.

Really? Accurate? I think not. They chopped it there and then, cram 4vol into 25episode so I wouldn't call it "accurate"
Nov 3, 2012 5:23 PM

Aug 2008
Takana_no_Hana said:
hyperknees91 said:
not really a comparison to the SAO adaption which is actually pretty accurate to its source material.

Really? Accurate? I think not. They chopped it there and then, cram 4vol into 25episode so I wouldn't call it "accurate"

Abridged maybe, but certainly pretty accurate. Same as Steins Gate really.
Nov 3, 2012 5:23 PM

Aug 2009
hyperknees91 said:
ssjokg said:
hyperknees91 said:
ssjokg said:
JavierR said:

I didn't know people even hated him in the anime. Just thought it was a poor poor adaption, not really a comparison to the SAO adaption which is actually pretty accurate to its source material.

FSN anime was pretty accurate to the events.But in char development they have the same problems.Except that SAO didnt have any filler arc till now.
Nov 3, 2012 5:25 PM

Aug 2009
hyperknees91 said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
hyperknees91 said:

S;G had none of the problems SAO and FSN or other bad adaptions had.
Nov 3, 2012 5:25 PM
Jul 2012
I didn't watch FSN so I don't know the difference. I'm staying the fuck away from that anime. I'm satisfied with the VN.

I'm defintely going to read the LN after the anime's finished, maybe I'll actually like SAO. LN tends to be better than the anime, like im reading ZnT and i think its better than the anime already im only on volume 2
Nov 3, 2012 5:26 PM

Jan 2012
Ganna drop this series until this arc ends, i'll pick it back up once it finishes.
Nov 3, 2012 5:26 PM

Dec 2010
gillbobjones said:
Ganna drop this series until this arc ends, i'll pick it back up once it finishes.

This arc will cover the rest of the season.....
Nov 3, 2012 5:27 PM

Nov 2009
JavierR said:
I didn't watch FSN so I don't know the difference. I'm staying the fuck away from that anime. I'm satisfied with the VN.

I'm defintely going to read the LN after the anime's finished, maybe I'll actually like SAO. LN tends to be better than the anime, like im reading ZnT and i think its better than the anime already im only on volume 2

Yes sure they are, ZnT series are just ... bad(and they still milk it into 4season), I enjoy the novel more.
Nov 3, 2012 5:27 PM

Aug 2008
ssjokg said:
hyperknees91 said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
hyperknees91 said:

Uh yes it did. It has all the problems people list with SAO (trust me, they left out a crap load of stuff and changed some stuff around and was very rushed in spots). Just that the execution and core story and characters were all better so no one really cared.

The fate route is the weakest route in FSN so there really was no helping that if the directors didn't feel like putting effort into it.
Nov 3, 2012 5:30 PM

Aug 2009
hyperknees91 said:
ssjokg said:
hyperknees91 said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
hyperknees91 said:

Uh yes it did. It has all the problems people list with SAO (trust me, they left out a crap load of stuff and changed some stuff around and was very rushed in spots). Just that the execution and core story and characters were all better so no one really cared.

The fate route is the weakest route in FSN so there really was no helping that if the directors didn't feel like putting effort into it.
So nobody cared.Why?because it wasnt bad.So there were no problems.
ssjokgNov 3, 2012 5:36 PM
Nov 3, 2012 5:31 PM

Jul 2012
last episode when they showed Asuna looking at the keypad thing and it was pixelated i thought that might be foreshadowing that she was going to figure out a way to get that code, but i thought then what would be the point of Kirito coming in to save her if she gets out herself. and then this episode that's exactly what happened she figured out the code, so i guess Kirito isn't gonna have to do anything since now she can get out herself, idk
Nov 3, 2012 5:32 PM

Nov 2009
hyperknees91 said:

Actually FSN was one of the "decent" adaptation back in 2006 came from DEEN. It's just that the adaptation of FZ made it looks like crap. And there weren't any successful titles of decent adaptation at that point of time.
Nov 3, 2012 5:34 PM

Aug 2008
ssjokg said:
hyperknees91 said:
ssjokg said:
hyperknees91 said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
hyperknees91 said:

The fate route is the weakest route in FSN so there really was no helping that if the directors didn't feel like putting effort into it.[
So nobody cared.Why?because it wasnt bad.So there were no problems.

I'm just saying the SAO adaption is actually more accurate than the Steins Gate adaption. It's all about execution, and copying the novel word for word would not have helped as much as smarter directing (and a better plot, that probably would help too).
Nov 3, 2012 5:36 PM

Aug 2008
Takana_no_Hana said:
hyperknees91 said:

Actually FSN was one of the "decent" adaptation back in 2006 came from DEEN. It's just that the adaptation of FZ made it looks like crap. And there weren't any successful titles of decent adaptation at that point of time.

Well the "Fate" route is kinda crap compared to Fate Zero anyway. Don't get me wrong I still kinda like it, it just kinda pales in comparison you know?

The main problem with that adapation is it seriously had no budget....none! (except for the music).
Nov 3, 2012 5:38 PM

Feb 2012
Nice ep.

And finally, they learned to add a bit of dramatic feel to the ending.
Nov 3, 2012 5:39 PM

Sep 2012
Suguha isn't cool with Recon. Sugou is still great though!
Nov 3, 2012 5:42 PM
Oct 2012
Andyis said:
I can't wait for kirito to find out lyfa is his sister. That would be the greatest development ever

This scene will be glorious.
Nov 3, 2012 5:43 PM
Sep 2012
therandomestguy said:
HauntingShock said:
Nice ep.

And finally, they learned to add a bit of dramatic feel to the ending.

yea true
The moment I saw that they weren't doing that whole time skip and actually taking their time, I knew that this arc would be really good. The SAO arc was just too rushed.
Nov 3, 2012 5:44 PM
Sep 2012
whatever123456 said:
Andyis said:
I can't wait for kirito to find out lyfa is his sister. That would be the greatest development ever

This scene will be glorious.
I thought that Suguha never confessed to Kirito in real life. So doesn't that count only as once.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

71 by ItsQuintaly »»
May 5, 12:05 AM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.