Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2012 5:16 PM

Jan 2010
Hot damn. This is my jam.
Oct 11, 2012 5:19 PM

Jan 2012
The first episode was great. The plot looks very good too. Can't wait for next episode.

Oct 11, 2012 5:20 PM

Mar 2012
SetsukoHara said:
Well, hardened criminals are not renowned for their kindness, and most of the time newbies aren't really good on their first day.

being unkind=/=being a lifeless killing machine that can be trusted to carry out moral decisions, despite being mentally unqualified to do so
not being very good =/=being utterly useless; having never done relevant field training, nor having ever pondered, for even a half a second, what an actual job might entail

I don't expect a sci-fi to be realistic in respect our world, but if it wants to be taken seriously, it should try to be realistic in respect to its own world.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 11, 2012 5:22 PM

Oct 2008
Lately said:
A good first impression, though I can already tell that this would never reach the tier of Ghost in the Shell SAC. Though, its refreshing to see a cyberpunk series after all these years I suppose. I'm pretty sure this would be the best show for me of the year despite its flaws I foresee.

I wouldn't be so sure, imo it has a great potential and could equal GITS:SAC, though that's unlikely of course, and of course it has the disadvantage that there are no tachikomas here :P
Oct 11, 2012 5:23 PM

Jan 2009
freaking cool!!! im loving it!!! that dominator gun i want want one without the restriction lol (my psycho-pass i bet is over 9000 now)
Oct 11, 2012 5:24 PM

Jul 2012
I guess it was a decent start. I liked the animator and soundtracks for the anime though. EGOIST is back!! I thought the characters had a Hitman Reborn aspect to it but then I found out it was the designer from Guilty Crown. I actually didn't see the rating for the show and I just saw that gory scene. That's what makes the anime so good... Lately, there hasn't been a gory anime such as this. It's going to be delightful watching this. :)
Oct 11, 2012 5:26 PM

Feb 2010
Post-Moe said:
SetsukoHara said:
Well, hardened criminals are not renowned for their kindness, and most of the time newbies aren't really good on their first day.

being unkind=/=being a lifeless killing machine that can be trusted to carry out moral decisions, despite being mentally unqualified to do so
not being very good =/=being utterly useless; having never done relevant field training, nor having ever pondered, for even a half a second, what an actual job might entail

I don't expect a sci-fi to be realistic in respect our world, but if it wants to be taken seriously, it should try to be realistic in respect to its own world.

But they don't they are not trusted for carrying moral decisions, they just follow orders.
Oct 11, 2012 5:29 PM

Jun 2012
I.....I....I have no words

The only thing I can say after watching this first chapter is "OH.MY.GOSH"
the end, I-I can't express my feelings after that episode

PD: a bit too much blood but it was the most amazing first chapter I saw until now<3

- I only draw freestyle! -
Oct 11, 2012 5:32 PM

May 2008
That...made really nervous. Ugh I was shaking LOL fricken nerve wracking.

I love it.

Dec 2010
I had high hopes for this, and it just completely blew my expectations away. That was an amazing first episode, definitely one of my favorites!

May 2011
I like the idea of this, so far my interest in it remains fairly high. Yes, I'm one of the people annoyed at Akane, but it is in my nature to be somewhat grumpy about those I think of as gullible. So far I'm most interested in learning more about the other members of the Enforcers, especially Masaoka. Hello there, my older gentlemen affections, still going strong as ever I see.
Oct 11, 2012 5:38 PM

Nov 2009
saxophone15 said:

Don't be so sure about that since the script was written by Gen Urobuchi. Therefore anything is possible. He's da man I'm tellin' you(*joke).

But with 22episodes, this show has a great potential. Just look at what he did with F/Z, and pulled out something extraordinary with only 12episode of Madoka. Thriller, psychology, philosophy, you can simply expect more from Gen.
Oct 11, 2012 5:42 PM

Jun 2012
i wouldn't place any hopes on the first ep since f/z madoka and phantom had terrible first few episodes
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Oct 11, 2012 5:43 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Mageking said:
i wouldn't place any hopes on the first ep since f/z madoka and phantom had terrible first few episodes

What? F/Z 45 min 1st ep was terrible?
Oct 11, 2012 5:44 PM

Mar 2012
Vanisher said:
But they don't they are not trusted for carrying moral decisions, they just follow orders.

They are given orders yes, but they still make the moral decision whether, or not, to go through with what the weapon prescribes. They are still human and are capable of making individualized decisions, despite their high levels of "psycho-pass". I'm sure this will be touched on at a later point in the show, and the message will probably be that there is no such technical model that can explain how the mind works (which is debatable). Which will then be highly ironic, because that is the basic assumption of the "psycho-pass" technology. That's how I see that bit playing out, lol.
LoneWolf said:
Oct 11, 2012 5:45 PM
Jul 2012
5/5..............So Minority Repot is back.........pay the rights to steven stupid gen!!!!!!
Oct 11, 2012 5:45 PM

Nov 2009
BatoKusanagi said:
Mageking said:

So he dropped them after finished the first ep.
Oct 11, 2012 5:47 PM

Jun 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
BatoKusanagi said:
Mageking said:

you missed my point- take a look at my list i loved all three series
this is what i don't get- because i don't think f/z had a good beginning or end or madoka had some series issues in the beginning etc. etc. i hate the shows? no?
take some criticism for the shows seriously
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Oct 11, 2012 5:47 PM

Oct 2011
Well named,thjis anime was totaly Psycho!
It made me cringe with pain everytime somthing happened to the victim lady OW!
I like it its realy dark and action pacet ,but sanity and justice is still present ...for now
Oct 11, 2012 5:52 PM

Nov 2009
Mageking said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
BatoKusanagi said:
Mageking said:

Let me clear this, by judging the works of his past, you decide not to place any hopes ?

Let's just say even though the first madoka/ f/z episode was quite bored (well it only applied to you anyway), the whole series are in top tier anime nowadays.
Oct 11, 2012 5:54 PM

Jun 2012
yo post josh cyberpunk relies on morality as its core-like cyberpunk can't be used effectively for anything else (eg. comedy) thats what the crux of the medium so i don't really see any issue with this first episode other than it was fairly cliche-I thought the inspector was an average person but she took a course that said "shoot your subordinates if they do disagreeable stuff"-why do you clutch their knees? and the main chick seems fairly bland although knowing the massive troll that wrote this i don't think shes going to be the focus of the show

gen's first episodes have no bearing on whether or not the shows are good
eg. look at f/z madoka magica and phantom (tho maybe not this one so much)
i personally don't judge too much off first episodes but since it was written by gen i place even less emphasis
read my above posts dude
i mean i guess it won't help since i'm talking to a fanboy or whatever anyway

Oct 11, 2012 6:03 PM
Sep 2012
Holy sht that was brutal first episode, fascinating weapon design for sure.
Oct 11, 2012 6:03 PM

Nov 2009
Nah I'm not Gen's fanboy btw

Most of his works are truly remarkable: Madoka, F/Z, Inferno. It's the fact, or at least a majority thinks so.
Despite the terrible first episode ( applied only to you anyway), whole series are top tier. And because the script was written by him that we should expect it much more.

I'm not placing my hopes on one single episode but the entire series.
Oct 11, 2012 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
was wondering what kind of tone they were going for then few seconds in i thought the guy that got shot turned into virtual bits! but nope it was blood..then the other dude.. blew up with no censors ;_;
don't wanna compare this with Ghost in the Shell but it's the only police anime i can think of lol though adding on to that female MC would had made this a whole lot better if she was someone like Motoko :P

but damn is the system for this world unbelievable flawed
Oct 11, 2012 6:06 PM

Feb 2012
Post-Moe said:
This season's SAO.

The fact that it's an original series/piece makes it better than SAO in so many ways.

Pulling off a script and a concept from scratch aren't easy so this show deserves a merit for doing that so smoothly.
Oct 11, 2012 6:10 PM

Oct 2010
I should mention this to all but what if this show was like a revamped version of:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1351/Angel_Cop
if so imagine when some paranormal character will appear if they ever do. That series referred to was insane in the brain. Old school but same level of gore as this series.

Can't get it out of my head that this series will be like it but better with more high tech techniques not available to the old school series itself.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 11, 2012 6:22 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Mageking said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
BatoKusanagi said:
Mageking said:

this is what i don't get- because i don't think f/z had a good beginning or end or madoka had some series issues in the beginning etc. etc. i hate the shows? no?
take some criticism for the shows seriously

It's fine if you don't want to explain yourself, but "terrible" is a strong word. Not "having a good beginning" is a little better.
Oct 11, 2012 6:23 PM

Jul 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:

Don't be so sure about that since the script was written by Gen Urobuchi. Therefore anything is possible. He's da man I'm tellin' you(*joke).

But with 22episodes, this show has a great potential. Just look at what he did with F/Z, and pulled out something extraordinary with only 12episode of Madoka. Thriller, psychology, philosophy, you can simply expect more from Gen.

I found both Madoka and F/Z to be mediocre, but Phantom was quite the opposite for me from Urobuchi. I think this show will be a great one yes, probably reaching the 8-9 status on my list, but Ghost in the Shell SAC from the get-go was already well on its way to becoming a fantastic political science fiction thriller. Granted I am judging based off 1 ep, but I'm still fairly excited to see what this can bring.
Oct 11, 2012 6:27 PM

Nov 2009
Lately said:

I found both Madoka and F/Z to be mediocre, but Phantom was quite the opposite for me from Urobuchi. I think this show will be a great one yes, probably reaching the 8-9 status on my list, but Ghost in the Shell SAC from the get-go was already well on its way to becoming a fantastic political science fiction thriller. Granted I am judging based off 1 ep, but I'm still fairly excited to see what this can bring.

Errh what Madoka is not mediocre lol. How many mahou shoujo have you watched btw? That's what I said when I used the word "extraordinary", because you can't find anything like Madoka. If you found it mediocre, please mention a few more show better than it?
Takana_no_HanaOct 11, 2012 6:31 PM
Oct 11, 2012 6:30 PM

Feb 2011
Damn, this series is awesome!
【=◈︿◈=】セックス大好き... What can I say? 【=◈︿◈=】
Oct 11, 2012 6:30 PM

Sep 2009
Very blade runner...
Oct 11, 2012 6:38 PM

Mar 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
Nah I'm not Gen's fanboy btw

Most of his works are truly remarkable: Madoka, F/Z, Inferno. It's the fact, or at least a majority thinks so.

Does anyone "credible" actually like F/Z? I thought it just had a huge mainstream fan-base and that was it. Like K-ON!. Despite my not liking Madoka much, I recognize that a lot of people whose opinions I value do like it.
LoneWolf said:
Oct 11, 2012 6:39 PM

Jan 2011
Ghost in the Shell meets Training Day meets Minority Report. I can dig it.
Oct 11, 2012 6:47 PM

May 2010
The system + a troll = series will end in 1 episode :9
Btw, I like it.
Oct 11, 2012 6:52 PM

Jul 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:

Errh what Madoka is not mediocre lol. How many mahou shoujo have you watched btw? That's what I said when I used the word "extraordinary", because you can't find anything like Madoka. If you found it mediocre, please mention a few more show better than it?

I haven't watched any mahou shoujo's, but it just so happens that the one I did watch( Madoka) was subpar at best lol. Not trying to spew a flame war on Urobuchi or anything, but just cause a show is written from him, doesn't necessarily mean it'll be amazing. Not saying psycho-pass will be bad ( i think it'll be great, just not on GitS's level)

Oh unless you consider Utena to be in the magical girl genre.That was infinitely better
LatelyOct 11, 2012 7:10 PM
Oct 11, 2012 6:56 PM

Sep 2010
this reminds me just how long it was since i saw a cyberpunk thing (anime/movie/game/etc)
Oct 11, 2012 6:58 PM

Jul 2012
Definitely an interesting premise so far with some details that will be expanded upon as the series goes on. Characters are interesting, the setting is fantastic, and the plot device is very unique. Looking to be a profound series.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 11, 2012 7:04 PM

Sep 2012
Probably my favorite of the fall 2012 so far.
Oct 11, 2012 7:05 PM

Aug 2010
Fairly promising first episode, I guess this is the "mature" anime for the season. Reminded me of minority report in the preemptive arrest of potential criminal deviants. I am optimistic that this anime will fill the void that has been left in anime since Ghost in the Shell. However, certain questions stood out after the first episode that I hope will be answered in depth:
-Is this "psycho pass" a perfect measure of criminal intent or is it just a predictive measure.
-There was a line in this anime about the town's system making a judgement and what it meant, sounds very totalitarian-esque where the state can make an absolute judgement that cannot be questioned. Are computers now the dominant governing figure?

To me, an anime like this will either be a success based on its ability to answer the philosophical questions that it raises.
Oct 11, 2012 7:07 PM

Aug 2011
God damn, that was adrenaline pumping! This was my most anticipated title of the season, and I'm blown away. Please continue to be awesome, Psycho-Pass.

By the way, the ED sounds great.
Oct 11, 2012 7:07 PM

Feb 2012
This is my observation/s so far from the looks of it:

PSYCHO-PASS = BTOOOM!

PSYCHO-PASS > SAO
BTOOOM! > SAO
Oct 11, 2012 7:18 PM

May 2012
Intense. Definitely not the kind of role we normally see from Hanazawa.
Oct 11, 2012 7:25 PM

Mar 2012
Akane just pissed me off.
It is what is meant to be done, shooting a crazy person. If she understood they came to help her she should have pleaded for mercy after seeing what they could do, then her crazy level would decrease.
Besides, stunning an officer was simply unforgivable
Oct 11, 2012 7:26 PM

Aug 2012
Judge Dredd 3D, which I just watched recently comes to mind after watching this first episode.

I wonder do their guns do anything else fancy.
Oct 11, 2012 7:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Sagaris said:
Very blade runner...

^This.

Finally after SSY another good SF.

Also, like a mix of Minority Report, Blade Runner and Equilibrium.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 11, 2012 7:43 PM

Aug 2011

Fuck yeah.
LunaOct 12, 2012 1:14 AM
Oct 11, 2012 7:43 PM

Jul 2010
I love dat gore :D
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Oct 11, 2012 7:47 PM

Jun 2011
This looks like it has some potential! :D
And they all lived happily ever after.
May evweyfing fall tu darkness!

Oct 11, 2012 7:50 PM

Jul 2010
I can't believe this got one of the lowest ratings out of all fall anime. The episode was great; I personally liked Akane, especially her role in all this.

The gore and violence is OK, but I hope this doesn't end like Saya no Uta :P
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Oct 11, 2012 7:58 PM

Oct 2010
zansabarshadow said:
I love dat gore :D
Yeah no black death shit censors like *cough* Blood-C *cough* right?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 5, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.