Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 29, 2012 8:11 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sadly it’s over. However the fan service of this episode was really quite amazing in the bath. I was surprised Couvre moaned like she was in pleasure from Cinque rough tail washing there but I am happy he did not turn out chicken shit despite being embarrassed a little there. Cinque also was lucky enough to sleep with 3 girls and Couvre looked like she was rubbing something not supposed to but Cinque had no effect so it's good.

About the aftermath of the trip, quickly to mention that I really liked Nanami’s friends in the spoiler
particularly the tanned girl with the nice blue eyes that looks foreign. The blonde hair girl is not bad either.

I liked a lot seeing Cinque’s parents in the spoiler
whom the mother is nice and obvious the father is lucky to have a nice female like that.

However what really blew me out is Rebecca in the following,

Along with the spoiler
Seems the trip got her super mature. To the point I was wondering WTF happened to her really. When you think of all that transformation she had to go through and the one of the demon crystal, it might have matured her more. Don’t know how to explain it but it could be something in the time fabric interactions of her transformation. Both being kind not in the same dimension although less so with the crystal.

Rebecca was also nice just being normal in her room in the spoiler
due to her expressions.

About the fan service, what is nice to say of it and truthful was that there were 2 instances of Rebecca and Millhiore that were used as bath setup but at a emotional level. The first part in the spoiler
gave out such a outlook as bath towels but no appealing. Instead it was more emotional and MOE TBH. That is quite nice in terms of fan service as it happens not often like that at all.

The second part being in the spoiler
Cinque and Couvre. Although I found her reaction rather strange at one point from who she reacted, it did not go further from it nor deviated. Instead Cinque recounts with her MOE faces the times of Nanami and how she got him.

The third part in the spoiler
being the classical bed segment was in fact MOE more than anything. Since many asked here you go in the following,

As much as I agree with all that it was indeed the most intense of Millhiore and Cinque since last season. The good part of it is that it’s timed as was at last minute the confession from last season. Kind of goes hand in hand. Cinque is not ready simply because if I was him I would finish education and be someone in my own world before having any worth towards another world’s ruler himself.

Other thing is that normally fan service is out to get you sexually aroused but did you know back in the 80s and 90s it was more a cultural bath thing. The series actually does that and really well just like the old days. That is rather a nice art form that I though was lost but alas it is not and still employed but far less than before. It was done exactly concerning all 3 parts of it in this episode.

That being said the fan service of 200% was not as nuts as I though and rather well extra revealed for what it was worth. Rebecca was love in this season and Couvre too. Will miss both of these the most. I give this season 9/10 a notch higher at least than S1 for BECKY! YEAH!

PS: Flonyards letters are a BITCH to learn. From the looks of their shapes. Poor Rebecca on that one but Cinque helps her so she will understand it and it's primordial that a magician such as herself gets more brain than brawn.

BTW Image Dump is done in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/09/image-dump-of-dog-days-s2-episode-13.html
The least I can do around to share. Includes end card and intermission pic. HD of course all of them.

GIFs are done in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=498215
Of Millhiore!
Yumekichi11Sep 29, 2012 7:11 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 29, 2012 9:33 AM
Oct 2008
i hope they make another season. i find this season is nice and funny...
Sep 29, 2012 9:58 AM

Aug 2010
Rebecca should keep her hair down.

If they make a new season I would like a villain in the story to shake things up (and not some monster like the first season).
Sep 29, 2012 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
Aww, time for Sink to return again. Well, it's been a fun and cute ride although this wasn't the highlight of the season for me. It had its cute moments though like this one in the finale:

Overall, a fun and amusing series although lacking somewhat in the entertainment department for me. 6/10

And oh CR:

Dat fourth wall
Sep 29, 2012 10:38 AM

Jan 2012
Great ending to my favorite show's second season! Absolutely loved it. I was really worried they would do a timeskip, but I'm so glad they didn't.

The scene in the bedroom between Millhi and Shinku was great as it let fans know that Shinku never forgot what he and Millhi said to each other at the end of season one. Still, I'm a bit worried about Shinku in the future as now he has told TWO girls he loves them and is leading them on. Maybe they will band together next season to stab him for being a two-timer. Nothing happened on the Eclair front though, which was rather disappointing after they had an entire episode dedicated to Eclair being sad about their kiss and then battling Leo over it.

I have more to say about the episode, but I should probably work on the season review.

I'm incredibly confident we're getting a season 3 now. Maybe an announcement of season 3 will include an announcement for a North American release?

Please Aniplex (or whoever), give us a bluray release with a dub, don't pull that DVD-only crap.
Sep 29, 2012 10:52 AM
Apr 2012
really good ending to the second season. love how they remember that they both told each other that they loved each other and they snuggled =). i really hope for a season 3 since they did say see you soon at the end of the episode. therefore im usre they prepared a third season plot. hopefully its not just some random festival for like 13 episodes
Sep 29, 2012 11:54 AM

Feb 2011
7/10

Improved from last season.

It was really fun and enjoyable to watch. No stress at all.
Sep 29, 2012 11:55 AM

Nov 2009
who cares about the plot?
I just enjoy watching this show and in love with the atmosphere of a fantasy world. And above all, I love to see neko/inumimi, wouldn't mind a 3rd season :P
Sep 29, 2012 11:58 AM

Sep 2008
In first season Eclair was favorite and I shipped her with Shinku
but now after this season Rebecca become my favorite and now I want her to end up with him *.*

Eh... both don't have chances,
since highest chances have princess ;(

I so happy I watched this season *.*
Waiting for season 3 *.*
Sep 29, 2012 12:41 PM

Sep 2012
I hated the first season.
I loved the second season.
I'm waiting for a third season.
Sep 29, 2012 12:42 PM

Apr 2011
What a nice ending to a nice heart-warming series. Not to be taken seriously in anyway. No antagonist present at all in this anime. And it's perfectly fine that way. I feel for some reason both seasons were buildups for the third. As in the third season is going to introduce a big, bad, fugly antagonist. Would love to see something like that. From cutesy to "I'm super cereal" would really bump up this series from a 7 to at least 8.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Sep 29, 2012 12:53 PM

Feb 2008
well i guess it turning out this way is ok too...
Sep 29, 2012 1:38 PM

Jul 2009
came for the Fuwa Fuwa. then received it. I'm content.
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Sep 29, 2012 1:55 PM

Dec 2010
Great end to a really enjoyable series; i don't know how to explain it other than it was really enjoyable, i mean it never really had any plot but imo it didn't need it; it was an improvement from the first season which imo tried to force drama towards the end. I really liked Becky's reaction to being called Rebecca, also liked that hug. I'm glad they mentioned it because the entire season i always wondered a bit how that confession got left hanging; i never expected them to become a couple or anything because like Sink said he isn't ready for it yet but they should at least mentioned it; so I'm glad they did. Really enjoyable series, i want a season 3! XD
Sep 29, 2012 2:44 PM

Mar 2011
Nice last ep.Hope for Season 3
Sep 29, 2012 3:08 PM

Jun 2009
My body wasn't ready for Leo's picnic outfit, nor for Shinku's bicep.

Enjoyable episode anyway, too bad it's over with this. I sure hope that "see you soon" line at the very end means 3rd season is possible.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 29, 2012 3:08 PM

Oct 2011
AHHH NOOO GIVE ME A 3RD SEASON NOW!! I love love love this anime so much!!! <3 Definitely one of my favorites and I'm usually more into the scary, action animes.. Omg Leo-sama looked so freakin' cute in her picnic outfit.
Sep 29, 2012 3:35 PM

Dec 2007
Stark700 said:
And oh CR:

Dat fourth wall

The word "episode" has two primary meanings. You're thinking of the common modern meaning, but its original meaning is simply an event (or events) that is part of a larger whole. The word "incident" would be a close synonym.
Since that definition can be applied, it's not necessarily breaking the fourth wall.

My Grammar Nazi tendencies aside, this was a nice ending to a nice, simple series. I'd rather not just parrot what's already been said, so I'll just admit that I'm kind of split on whether I want them to keep up a lighthearted episodic approach, or throw in a major villian.
On one hand, forced drama is just that: forced. A series like this can't forget about that and still be that good. On the other, they can still pull things in such a way that it doesn't feel completely forced. And frankly, the origin of the monster in the first season strongly suggests an individual/group/entity being responsible.

Either way, can't wait for season 3.
Sep 29, 2012 3:38 PM

May 2011
A nice series overall, I really enjoy watching this.

I DEMAND SEASON 3!!
Sep 29, 2012 4:31 PM
Apr 2010
Erzaa said:
AHHH NOOO GIVE ME A 3RD SEASON NOW!! I love love love this anime so much!!! <3 Omg Leo-sama looked so freakin' cute in her picnic outfit.

How long was the novel? I WANT MORE!!!
Sep 29, 2012 5:23 PM

Oct 2010
Loved the second season i glad they didnt pull that demon bullshit like the 1st season.

Rebecca looked better with hair down. I aint going to lie if Sink chose that stupid princess i would had given this show a 1/10. LOL
Sep 29, 2012 6:06 PM

Apr 2012
bonifide said:
Loved the second season i glad they didnt pull that demon bullshit like the 1st season.

It's funny that you mention the demon thing because I actually liked that part but the first season was overall pretty mediocre to me.

However, I liked this season quite a bit more than the first even though there was no seriousness to be found. In fact, the lack of seriousness is a major part of this season's charm. It did not strive to be more than just a cute and fun show but that's what made it the light and enjoyable entertainment that it was.
Sep 29, 2012 6:19 PM

Sep 2011
8/10

Enjoyed the anime, but I wanted just a bit more plot y'know. However, just seeing this show every week with all the enjoying battles, and interesting things that happened still made it enjoyable.
Sep 29, 2012 6:20 PM

Jun 2010
So I just keeping spamming season 3 and they'll make, one right?

SEASON 3 SEASON 3 SEASON 3 I want one!!!!!

But seriously, they need to make a season 3 with the plot of the rulers coming to earth.

Sep 29, 2012 6:24 PM

Mar 2011
Dog Days is such an enjoyable anime
Only a bit of plot, character development but still very nice
I want season 3
8/10
Sep 29, 2012 6:34 PM

Nov 2009
season 2 feels like one big intro for season 3 to me XDD
Sep 29, 2012 6:42 PM

Jul 2008
So just like I said last week Rebecca didn't get older when she used her crystal, she just look older when she has her hair down.

I want s3 badly, this was one of the show I enjoyed the most this season just like the first season was one of the show I enjoyed the most at the time.
Sep 29, 2012 6:48 PM
Jun 2008
after watching it all well you can say this season of fun, no plot, slice of life, & more loads of loads of characters.

yea pull a s3 let travel to human world next?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Sep 29, 2012 6:58 PM

Sep 2009
Cinque is one lucky guy...sleeping with 3 girls in the same bed. I would like to have another season and to have proper closure when they do decide to end this series (I'm being optimistic that this wasn't the last season).
Sep 29, 2012 7:09 PM

Jul 2008
GO_KLAC-IGER said:
after watching it all well you can say this season of fun, no plot, slice of life, & more loads of loads of characters.

yea pull a s3 let travel to human world next?

No way, I want a third season more plot oriented.
No need to turn it into a big drama fest, just have a bit more seriousness mixed in all of the fun.
A powerfull rival country that wasn't mentionned up to now (and a real 'rival' country) that seriously seek to takes Biscotti's, Galette's and Pastillage's land which bring the three country together against that new force.

Or even some exagerated drama that doesn't take itself too seriously.
That title of Hero is too easely gained, Cinque, Nanami and Rebecca should fight against evil that seek to destroy the world with their life on the line, win and return together as true heroes.
Sep 29, 2012 7:14 PM

Feb 2012
Nice episode~

It's over... but we can hope for a 3rd season seeing many people in Japan enjoyed the show too. :D
Sep 29, 2012 9:17 PM
Mar 2012
unexpectedly i do want season 3
Sep 29, 2012 9:57 PM

May 2008
Well in the end nothing happened at all in this second season . Disappointed yet at the same time i had a stupid smile on my face everytime ...

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 29, 2012 11:32 PM

Sep 2010
It always feels like Nanami and Leo get shafted.
Sep 30, 2012 12:08 AM

Sep 2009
They better should make new season of Nanoha cause I personally would be tired of this one if they don't change it drastically in S3
Sep 30, 2012 12:26 AM

Apr 2011
Loved that part when Cinque called her Rebecca. She quickly turned Red.

What a fun series. 7/10
Sep 30, 2012 12:49 AM

Jun 2009
One of the relaxing shows to watch every week. It was all nice and fun show that didn't take itself seriously and focused on what it does best.
Sep 30, 2012 12:55 AM

Jan 2011
This show was a nice watch, now if it gets a season 3 I really hope something interesting happens such as a bad guy ruining a lot of their stuff.
8/10 like the first season and I'm looking forward to more!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 30, 2012 4:26 AM

Jan 2011
What a great finale to the 2nd season of Dog Days!

The picnic was really nice with all the heroes and rulers coming together... though it would've been nicer if the rest could've joined in as well.

Cou bathing with Cinque... EPIC CUTENESS!!!
Cinque also sharing a bed with 3 girls... Way to go! Also loved the cute hug with Millhi and Cinque.

Woah... Rebecca looks dam cute with her hair down. She should do it more often IMO just like Nonoha from Phi Brain. Her embarrassment from when Cinque called her Rebecca instead of Becky was just so cute!!

This ending wasn't as sad as the ending in S1 as they know they can return whenever they want so their goodbyes weren't as heartbreaking.
Hoping for a 3rd season quick!
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Sep 30, 2012 4:41 AM

Aug 2012
Amazing episode! I really loved this season, even more than the first one.
Anyway i'm really really hoping for 3rd season, I just don't want DOG DAYS to be over yet c :
Sep 30, 2012 10:18 AM

Jun 2011
Awesome episode.

Leo look so cute in the picnic outfit and when she was sleeping.

Cou was soooooooo cute when she was bathing with Cinque and when she tried to shake the water off after Cinque washed off the shampoo.

Mihili was cute too when she hugged Cinque on the bed.

Rebecca stole the show for me. She looks so beautiful with her hair down and in that clothes. So mature looking and i love how she turned all red when Cinque finally called her "Rebecca".

I totally cried when the ED started playing and seeing everyone still having fun while i was constantly saying "season 3, season 3!". The episode lacked Rico though, i wanted to hear Nana's cute voice although Nanami is voice by her but she uses different tone voicing the two.

Season 3 seems possible since we still havent gotten out Adele and Demon king backstory.

Hope season 3 come soon as Dog Days is just such a relaxing and fun show. The whole concept is good along with the magical land setting and the cute furries. Every episode was great and even though there was no plot, it didnt ruin how fun it was to watch it just like the 1st season. I dont ever want Dog Days to end.

Overall 10/10 for me. Anxiously awaiting season 3, please producers make it quick.
Sep 30, 2012 10:35 AM

Jul 2010
A great sequel to the first season even though the first season had some elements of drama in it too. This season was even more rainbows and unicorns. :P

I wouldn't be surprised if there'll be a season three. It would be nice to see the Flonyard people on Earth too! 8/10.

Sep 30, 2012 10:40 AM

May 2011
Hmm great last episode! 5/5 for the episode and overall 9/10 for the series.

Well the art and the animation certainly improved alittle bit compared to the previous series. They added in more character to the already huge cast but i'm surprised by how well they managed to balance the showtime well. Yui horie's singing is great as usual, the introduction of rebecca into the second season is a pure win decision. Aside for the weird transformation scene the rest of the becky screen-time is pure gold. The season was a little bit mellow and lack of plot but they nicely make it up with the heart warming and light hearted slice of life type of show.

The only thing i didnt like is how nanami and becky easily overpowered cinque in this season, it wouldve been better if cinque shined a little more. Thats only my opinion though.

Anyway hopefully there'll be a 3rd season, i dont mind another plotless season like this. Its fun to watch anime's like this once in awhile :D

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 30, 2012 11:17 AM
May 2012
S2 felt like S1 but with the three together, but was really enjoyable to watch an anime like this with no drama or violence, just mere positivity in every aspect of the story.

S2 definitely kept the pace from S1, I'm satisfied with that.

8/10.
Sep 30, 2012 12:09 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Next time at S3 it should be the winter/new year vacations.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 30, 2012 2:41 PM

Sep 2008
~TT__TT ~

its over.. i cant wait for a season 3, it was so niceeee =)
omg i can see it already, sinku trying to defeat nanami and then choosing between milfi or becky(should i say rebecka?)

i think i have new feelings for anime after this, never thought an anime with absoluty no point at all would be so nice, its like watchinga couple of hamsters playing, no poit or meaning, just cute, is the same as this show, but still it will always be one of my favorites ==D

this has a novel?, i think i wanna read it now :D
thanks for the nice 3 monts of dog days
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 30, 2012 3:15 PM

Jul 2008
Zero_r2 said:

this has a novel?, i think i wanna read it now :D
thanks for the nice 3 monts of dog days

Dog days is an original anime, yes it got a novel but it was written at the same time as the anime and follow the event that have already been animated iirc.
Sep 30, 2012 3:46 PM
Nov 2010
Fun, enjoyable and sweet show with lovable characters.

If he ends up with one of them, it should be either Eclair or Rebecca.

6/10
Sep 30, 2012 3:52 PM

Jul 2012
The last episode was run decently (though I think my brain is farting since there are 2-3 events going on in a nutshell), but overall gave me a more relaxing and cute epilogue (after watching Binbougami Ga to the mix). I'll be honest, I somehow gave a point-higher rating to the second seasons compare to the first.. (Example of "Is that a Zombie? OF THE DEAD") You knew these characters (and met new ones) and basically for the least love a few of the characters (I like Eclair, but I am neutral with others like Milihi) and second seasons are like patches for building up the story's universe. I don't know how to put into words, lol!

Anyway, I think the show sell pretty well and should have a potential S3. Cinquie is NOT DONE with defeating Nanami in the public games, and Nanami's Hero Crystal was made for the next games... So it pretty much left a cliff hanger for the next summer. (Or Fall like Cinque said about the mid-terms.)

Oh yea. Airing Dog Days at summer was the best as well. Watching it makes you feel like you are on vacation to a fantasyland like Flonyard. :)

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Sep 30, 2012 4:03 PM

Jan 2011
Another great season for t he Dog Days series. Awesome, and wouldn't mind a season 3. Although Seven Arcs better give Sekirei a season 3 first lol
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 21, 2012

50 by Dawizz »»
Jun 8, 2023 5:47 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Jul 14, 2012

103 by Dawizz »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:10 AM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 7, 2012

98 by Dawizz »»
Jun 5, 2023 11:49 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 11 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Sep 15, 2012

40 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 18, 2023 12:05 AM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 9 Discussion

prismheart - Sep 1, 2012

38 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 17, 2023 10:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.