Forum Settings
Forums

[BBCODE] [VIDEO GUIDE] How to customize your signature, add automatic updates, and making your own

New
Sep 23, 2012 6:47 PM

Feb 2010
This topic might be outdated, please use the updated sticky:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2077151

Shishio-kunMar 20, 2023 10:02 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 15, 2015 6:18 AM

Apr 2013
Thank You :D
Nov 15, 2015 4:38 AM

Nov 2015
arigato shishio kun...

Feb 2, 2016 1:00 PM
Jan 2016
how do I get rid of the favorite anime writing and stuff, i just want the plain pic that i made but it keeps putting writing over top of it :(
Feb 2, 2016 4:54 PM

Jul 2013
Nefarious-Karu said:
how do I get rid of the favorite anime writing and stuff, i just want the plain pic that i made but it keeps putting writing over top of it :(

@Nefarious-Karu
change your signature here.

โœฆโ€‡anime list | manga list | css list layouts โœฆ
Apr 7, 2016 8:41 AM

Oct 2014
thanks ^_^

fraz15Apr 7, 2016 8:46 AM
Feb 12, 2018 9:06 PM

Jan 2018
thank you! ^^
May 23, 2019 8:03 AM
Feb 2019
"I don't know where the Signature appears. Assuming with, in a comment, so this is a test... Would eventually delete the comment, probably. - K, looks disgusting with the AnimeList Info beneath the picture. Let's edit some more to improve till satisfied... - Hah, now only the picture is there, embedded with the link. Sick!" (Texts sent before, compiled.)

Okay, after several tries, it's pretty satisfying to me. Shishio-senpai, you've been of so much help in this entire banner making, layout customizing, profile improving and everything, your tutorials are so insanely friendly and informative. I'll never forget these past few days, how I was helped by you, well, something that you left for us. Hopefully, you're doing well.

So after some time, ended up making it very simplistic. Pictureless, completely. I'm satisfied enough.
AnnyxtophelesMay 24, 2019 12:58 PM
Mar 2, 2021 7:22 AM

Feb 2010
Annyxtopheles said:
"I don't know where the Signature appears. Assuming with, in a comment, so this is a test... Would eventually delete the comment, probably. - K, looks disgusting with the AnimeList Info beneath the picture. Let's edit some more to improve till satisfied... - Hah, now only the picture is there, embedded with the link. Sick!" (Texts sent before, compiled.)

Okay, after several tries, it's pretty satisfying to me. Shishio-senpai, you've been of so much help in this entire banner making, layout customizing, profile improving and everything, your tutorials are so insanely friendly and informative. I'll never forget these past few days, how I was helped by you, well, something that you left for us. Hopefully, you're doing well.

So after some time, ended up making it very simplistic. Pictureless, completely. I'm satisfied enough.

Wow thanks :D
Mar 2, 2021 8:39 AM

Feb 2010
Updated a little. It should be easier to see how to get an updating sig with the video guide.
Mar 30, 2021 1:08 PM

Apr 2016
thanks a lot,all of this is awesome
Mar 30, 2021 1:55 PM

Feb 2010
DestroShadow said:

NICE SIG :D
Mar 30, 2021 2:32 PM

Apr 2016
Shishio-kun said:
DestroShadow said:

NICE SIG :D
ty,still playing with it but will probably go back to sakura pic since i can't make this episode count smaller anymore cuz then it wont update
and with this i lose my sakura :)
Jun 1, 2021 8:23 AM

Feb 2021
Thank you
Jun 1, 2021 9:39 AM

Feb 2010

You're welcome! :D
Apr 4, 2022 1:35 PM
Jan 2019
Do you know if it's possible to put the words over an animated gif? I tried following the tutorial video but the only image that the "my signature" will spit out is a black rectangle with no words.

I've tried all kinds of different filetypes and checking boxes and changing stuff but nothing works.

Always black rectangle :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2022 2:43 PM

Feb 2010
HughMungis said:
Do you know if it's possible to put the words over an animated gif? I tried following the tutorial video but the only image that the "my signature" will spit out is a black rectangle with no words.

I've tried all kinds of different filetypes and checking boxes and changing stuff but nothing works.

What's the animated GIF you want to put words over? Your sig atm?
Apr 5, 2022 7:23 AM
Jan 2019
Shishio-kun said:
HughMungis said:

yup!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2022 8:21 AM

Feb 2010
HughMungis said:
Shishio-kun said:

yup!!

OK I recorded myself adding text in JASC Animation Shop for you here. You have to download the ap and install it on a PC or laptop. For other devices I guess you'd need to use EZgif (a site) or some other online editor.

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3edp57m9qtvtv5/howtotextgifs.mp4?dl=0

Jasc download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xr4ujhf1u22spyr/animationshop311.exe?dl=0

Basically drag your signature GIF into JASC, then drag in the text you generated somewhere. Photopea.com could be a place to generate good Photoshop quality text, or use a logo generator like Cooltext.com (probably best to start with that). You can also create a new animation under File and use the JASC text tool there, I use the tool a bit in the video too.

Then make sure the Propagate Paste option is turned on (I did it in the video) and select all frames in your sig GIF (use CTRL + A) and they should all be blue bordered. This means they are all selected- then drag or copy/paste the text on top of the GIF and it should apply the text to all frames and you can save it as is or edit it some more :D

In the video, the text was basically in a frame of its own, then it was overlayed on top of all frames of the signature GIF animation at once, through Propagate Paste mode and select all. Otherwise it only applies to one frame at a time.

Apr 5, 2022 8:35 AM
Jan 2019
wow!! thank you! So does this mean it's not possible to have the dynamically loaded MAL statistics over an animated gif in my sig?

If it's impossible, it's not problem ^^
Apr 5, 2022 8:37 AM
Jan 2019
Shishio-kun said:
HughMungis said:

yup!!

OK I recorded myself adding text in JASC Animation Shop for you here. You have to download the ap and install it on a PC or laptop. For other devices I guess you'd need to use EZgif (a site) or some other online editor.

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3edp57m9qtvtv5/howtotextgifs.mp4?dl=0

Jasc download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xr4ujhf1u22spyr/animationshop311.exe?dl=0

Basically drag your signature GIF into JASC, then drag in the text you generated somewhere. Photopea.com could be a place to generate good Photoshop quality text, or use a logo generator like Cooltext.com (probably best to start with that). You can also create a new animation under File and use the JASC text tool there, I use the tool a bit in the video too.

Then make sure the Propagate Paste option is turned on (I did it in the video) and select all frames in your sig GIF (use CTRL + A) and they should all be blue bordered. This means they are all selected- then drag or copy/paste the text on top of the GIF and it should apply the text to all frames and you can save it as is or edit it some more :D

In the video, the text was basically in a frame of its own, then it was overlayed on top of all frames of the signature GIF animation at once, through Propagate Paste mode and select all. Otherwise it only applies to one frame at a time.

ahh sry meant to reply to you with the message above
Apr 5, 2022 9:05 AM

Feb 2010
HughMungis said:
wow!! thank you! So does this mean it's not possible to have the dynamically loaded MAL statistics over an animated gif in my sig?

If it's impossible, it's not problem ^^

Oh I see you want that text over a GIF, I never did that but maybe you could split the animated sig into pieces, probably four parts, take the upper left part of the sig and make it one frame, make that the dynamic signature and size the sig to the upper left pieces' dimensions, and then put that in the upper left of your sig and the other animated pieces are pieced together like I did in the About Me graphic video

Jan 25, 2023 6:11 AM

Feb 2010
Chipsy543 said:
Thanks bro, you helped me alot

Welcome, nice sig :D
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» โ“ Ask for help here + See Frequently Asked Questions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Apr 15, 2010

7812 by mtsRhea »»
Apr 21, 5:25 AM

» [CSS- MODERN] โญ Minimal Dashboard layout by 5cm ~ Compact and convenient! ( 1 2 3 )

Shishio-kun - Sep 4, 2020

121 by Pokitaru »»
Apr 21, 3:25 AM

» [CSS-MODERN] Change list text/font colors on any list layout

Shishio-kun - May 4, 2021

3 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

» [CSS] [VIDEO GUIDE] โญ๏ธ How to change fonts on a list layout

Shishio-kun - Jul 15, 2019

17 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:03 PM

» [CSS][Modern] โ˜€๏ธ Endless Summer Layout by Cateinya ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cateinya - Aug 18, 2016

309 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 3:56 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.