Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2012 7:55 PM

Nov 2007
the episode was bland but not that bad. I wanna see lelouch! XD
Sep 29, 2012 8:22 PM

Jan 2012
3D mechas... i hope thats not that future of mecha anime. So code geass is having a hellsing ultimate treatment. its just an intro so can't really tell much about it. Spinzaku and CC are making an appearance next april. I'd still rather have it as a tv series.

Table-kun will get his revenge!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 29, 2012 8:23 PM
Jul 2012
I'm pretty sure that when they showed the map in r1 with all of the different factions, there was no Europe and Brittania already had all of Europe, unless I'm missing something here.

Anyway this episode was indeed bland but not really bad. Even as a first episode, they could've made more links to the original series since it lacked the soul Code Geass had, this makes it look a bit too much like a generic political mecha, while Code Geass is known for going past that with much more engaging plots. This indeed has a lot of room to improve but so far it doesn't look too promising. Also MAL really needs to group all the episodes in one series tbh.
Sep 29, 2012 8:51 PM

Jan 2009
NoobHunterD said:
3D mechas... i hope thats not that future of mecha anime.

if the future of mecha anime will be thesame or better of what i saw on this episode then i want CGI to be the future of mecha anime

looks like Akito has some geass command just like what Lelouch give Suzaku in the series
and looks like that Xin has same geass power like Lelouch

nice spin-off series so far its more focus on the war rather than on high school life and harem of lelouch lol
Sep 29, 2012 10:46 PM
Feb 2009
I have a question: isn't in the original series Russia was under control of Britan Empire? Because in this OVA Russia is under EU control.
I don't understan something?
Sep 29, 2012 11:10 PM

Jan 2009
@USSRmaniac

i hardly remember the details of the TV series but what i know is that Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA was set between season 1 and season 2 when Lelouch has amnesia due to his fathers Geass power

so might be that screenshot of a colorful map on season 1 you are presenting is before Lelouch loss his memories and before his father further reign over the world
Sep 29, 2012 11:17 PM

Jun 2009
It was a nice for the first movie and although Akito was no Lelouch, he was pretty good.

Didn't like how they made almost everything CGI though.
Sep 29, 2012 11:34 PM

Jan 2011
Akito doesn't have the power of Geass he has only been affected by it which can be noted by the iris bordered in red when the order is about to be conflicted.

It wasn't great and it wasn't bad.

I'm skeptical. I have been saying all along that they can hint/tease/media flash the original cast but they need to stay out of this side story. The PV showing Suzaku and C.C. make me very very very concerned.

I don't know if I stand alone on that front. Wanting to see the original cast gets me excited but I really think there shouldn't be any direct interaction. Or at least interaction that tampers with the original series. Just my opinion. C.C. maybe understandable since that dude has Geass but Suzaku...and keep Lelouche to the cameo of cameos. It should be a side story for a reason and not need to crutch itself with Code Geass's cast.
IZEROIISep 29, 2012 11:40 PM
Sep 30, 2012 12:13 AM

Nov 2007
Overall it seemed rather meh.

Other than character designs, and some story elements it didn't seem anything like Code Geass. It's like they took everything out of what made CG interesting. I guess Akito and Xin have geasses not that it matters.

The whole 11's in the EU just isn't very interesting. We already saw the 11's getting crapped on by Brittania.

None of the characters seemed particularly interesting.

I guess I can hope it gets better, but so far it's not drawing me in. With how long it is I'd hoped it'd get better, but it really didn't.

I guess we finally get C.C or something we know next time? Because so far the knightmares, characters, and plot sucks.

the concept of CG, and story were interesting but Lelouch is what made it good. it had a much better supporting cast as well.
Sep 30, 2012 1:28 AM

Jan 2012
I knew there were gonna be people that would say the music is boring.
Well I guess not many anime fans like music that isn't oversweetened jpop/jrock or simple compositions and wouldn't be able to appreciate more complex forms of music.
I enjoyed most of the music on this and I'm glad that they didn't make a generic cheesy OST....well this an anime site and not a music discussion forum so I won't say any more.

This was pretty good though, but the plot isn't nearly as good as the cannon series though I liked the animation a lot, especially the CGI.
Sep 30, 2012 1:37 AM

Nov 2009
penguindrum264 said:
Well I guess not many anime fans like music that isn't oversweetened jpop/jrock or simple compositions and wouldn't be able to appreciate more complex forms of music.

Lol, so what's exactly complex in this ost? From what I heard it's not even close to Shiro Sagisu or Kenji Kawai.

Sep 30, 2012 1:46 AM

Jan 2012
MajorZero said:
penguindrum264 said:

Lol, so what's exactly complex in this ost? From what I heard it's not even close to Shiro Sagisu or Kenji Kawai.

A lot of Shiro's composition's aren't that complex though I enjoy his music. Not saying that this is extremely complex, just a lot more complex than typical anime soundtracks, especially on the jazz pieces so it tends to turn off a lot of people. This isn't a music discussion site so if you want to continue, just message me lol.
penguindrum264Sep 30, 2012 2:10 AM
Sep 30, 2012 6:06 AM

Sep 2010
penguindrum264 said:
I enjoyed most of the music on this and I'm glad that they didn't make a generic cheesy OST....well this an anime site and not a music discussion forum so I won't say any more.

Well compared to great OSTs like 00 and the main Code Geass series it was quite underwhelming and not really that interesting. Then again the OVA just started so they might give us better BGMs to listen to next episode.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 30, 2012 6:46 AM

Jan 2012
Roloko said:
penguindrum264 said:

Well compared to great OSTs like 00 and the main Code Geass series it was quite underwhelming and not really that interesting. Then again the OVA just started so they might give us better BGMs to listen to next episode.

The style/genre is different(there are multiple styles of classical and jazz that are composed in different ways for different reasons), it's less melodic compared to the previous OST and is composed differently. I like the OST from the original series, but I like this one just as much even if the style is different. Especially the jazz pieces in this, it's not melodic in a sense as the compositions in the original series but it's a lot more complex. I honestly hope the BGM is the similar to this in the next OVA cause I like hearing something like this for this side story rather than trying to use the same exact style they used in the cannon series. I like both OSTs, but for different reasons.

Eh....I guess I just have a bias as a musician so I notice the subtle complexities in it more which makes me like it as much as I do.
Sep 30, 2012 6:53 AM

Jul 2011
Wow, what a good watch. For a first episode this raised space for a lot more development.
The characters are still a bit generic, but I trust the next movies have more stuff for them; also, they fit well on the Geass-y setting.

But what impressed me the most was how the mecha fights were exciting. I know a lot of people complain about the CGi, but the camera movement and detailed mecha moves made it thrilling. Who said Geass would gave a focus on mecha battles. I'm not displeased.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Sep 30, 2012 7:53 AM

Sep 2008
can anyone tell me how long it's been from lelouch's death to the start of the anime?

thx 2 Rinjii 4 d sigy^^
Sep 30, 2012 8:13 AM

Sep 2010
Seiji_S said:
can anyone tell me how long it's been from lelouch's death to the start of the anime?

Lelouch is alive in this he is just at Ashford with Rolo right after Suzaku took him to Charles to have his memories sealed. If that is what you are asking. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 30, 2012 8:15 AM

Jul 2011
Seiji_S said:

Well, I guess this OVA storyline happens in a time between Code Geass first season and R2. The events are set in 2017, according to what was explained.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Sep 30, 2012 9:54 AM
Apr 2009
The character designs are ugly, and some of the knightmare designs are laughable, but the usage of 3D CG in this is just unbearably hideous.
Sep 30, 2012 10:30 AM

May 2007
Woah, I'm surprised with this ep! I really liked it :)
I also like the OST, it's somehow different and it builds the tension well.

I'm really curious - what Akito meant with his words that he had been dead once, so he can die again (he's talking with Layla on graveyard)? I thought then, that he may be Lelouch XD but it doesn't have any sense I guess XD"
Sep 30, 2012 12:11 PM

May 2010
Nice I love it already the mecha fight was amazing.I like the character especially Akito and I would like to see somre Akito vs Suzaku in the next episode, I think it's gonna be awesome

Sep 30, 2012 12:18 PM

Jul 2011
Being the first OVA, it was a little rough around the edges. However, it does look like it'll improve. The CG animations was tremendous--the action-reaction and momentum were depicted pretty nicely. 7.5/10
Sep 30, 2012 1:00 PM
May 2012
I really like this kind of characters! akito,lelouch,shu,lute,quon all who are powerful but lonely prince's!
i ain't really fond of mecha animes but when i saw code geass i thought this was a masterpiece!
really when you gain something you will lose something!thats the rule of this world!
I can just see a new masterpiece coming!
Sep 30, 2012 2:58 PM

Feb 2008
Finally over. I barely made it to the end. The visuals were just terrible, especially that bad CGI during battles and lol mecha movements. OST was mediocre, but that piece during Akito vs Ryu was just lol with those trumpets.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 30, 2012 5:13 PM

Jul 2009
5/5

My only desire would be for the series to get a higher budget. The animation and soundtrack could've been done better. But aside from that I really enjoyed the all new CG atmosphere. And Leila is one damn hot bitch, if I may say so myself.

Oh and this phrase alone already gives the series extra points from my side:
Sep 30, 2012 6:04 PM

Feb 2012
Tsundereppoi said:

Oh and this phrase alone already gives the series extra points from my side:

Same here :D

This movie can't really be watched as standalone... and why the hell did they made the release date so far apart -_- I'll just forget everything I watched by the time episode 2 comes out...

And, yay! Suzaku and C.C. cameo at the preview :D
Sep 30, 2012 8:52 PM

Nov 2007
I thought it was OK.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 1, 2012 12:28 AM

Oct 2011
Spinzaku!

Found the whole 51 minutes alright, just the flow of the episode shifted from agitation to sudden calm which bothered me a little.
I'm happy that it's giving a bigger insight for the European Union since the original series was more focused on the two other major superpowers of the world.
Can such a dream truely exist?
Oct 1, 2012 12:48 AM
Feb 2009
godamit i wish i can watch them all at once
Oct 1, 2012 3:20 AM

Jun 2010
Why is his name Akito Hyuuga here when its really Akito Hyuga why did MAL add an extra "U" to his name how can I report this?
Oct 1, 2012 7:55 AM
Oct 2010
I don't know how people can dislike the OST (to the point of calling it mediocre o_o) honestly. It really impressed me.

Anyway, about the episode (movie, w/e) itself... I enjoyed it greatly! The CG didn't bother me much, once I got used to it, and the mecha's fights actually looked pretty cool. I'm not a mecha fan... but eh I liked it. I never cared about the mechas in the original Code Geass (although I liked their design better). This one seems more fighting oriented. I liked the characters too, especially the mains and that other Japanese group that forcibly joined them...I'm in love with the characters designs.

Oh btw, what Akito said in the end...about having already died...I wonder if that was just a metaphor (ummm unlikely) or if that is related to some kind of Geass power. Probably both...

IZEROII said:
Akito doesn't have the power of Geass he has only been affected by it which can be noted by the iris bordered in red when the order is about to be conflicted.

ohhh relevant, now it makes sense. This reminds me of when Lelouch ordered Suzaku not to die. It might be something similar...
RianriOct 1, 2012 7:59 AM

Oct 1, 2012 8:30 AM

Jun 2010
I didn't understand shit about the characters. I want some introduction on who are they... Was ok movie overall.
Oct 1, 2012 12:33 PM

Apr 2012
at first I was giving it 7, then change it to 8 since I can understand every plots need it starting point and progress.
It was oke for a starting point
Oct 1, 2012 1:59 PM
Aug 2009
Is it possible for Code Geass to have another season?
They made a story for a completely random guy named Akito
Oct 1, 2012 3:58 PM

Feb 2012
For a stand alone episode i thought this was pretty good. Great action, nice characters, lively OTS, and it looks like it's going to get really dramatic.
Akito does not stand out though. He's cool an crazy, but the girl stands out more than he does.
Overall 8/10 for this episode.

Suzaku next episode UGH. WHY?
At least we get to see CC too.
Oct 1, 2012 4:08 PM

May 2009
Japanese are distrimitated because... well... they are japanese? At the beginning we can see marvelous strategic, tactic and commanding skills of leila(let akito kill everyone), no wonder she was promoted coz of that.

movie was at most decent, or should i say expectations killed it. cheap plot, shallow characters(leila aka 'help everyone just because' or these unpredictable terrorirst with their extremly sneaky plans)
but ofc there were some good points like ending or... girls :>

yea i know it's only first ep, but cmon IT HAS TO BE CODE GEASS!
but it's nowhere near... yet.

Oct 1, 2012 10:50 PM
Sep 2010
I love this new Code Geass! and they showed C.C. and Suzaku in the end...can't wait to watch the next episodes. Did anyone notice a reference to the Order of Black Knights? Anyway I loved it :3
Oct 2, 2012 1:02 AM

Feb 2012
yuuki_tohno said:
I love this new Code Geass! and they showed C.C. and Suzaku in the end...can't wait to watch the next episodes. Did anyone notice a reference to the Order of Black Knights? Anyway I loved it :3

Yup :D When they were talking about terrorists~
Oct 2, 2012 4:16 AM

Feb 2011
Well, it was good.....I guess?
Could've been better. The whole "aww, poor elevens"-thing is overly exaggerated and not authentic enough.

The OST was not really good, for Code Geass-standards. At first I was like "yeah, gimme some jazz love" but then I noticed, that it wasn't good. You ain't no Cowboy Bebop, son.
And the ending song was damn annoying.

Poor main-characters so far. If it wasn't for the animations, atmosphere and design, I wouldn't even rate it above 5.

6/10
KuchenlightOct 2, 2012 4:25 AM
Oct 2, 2012 4:25 AM

Sep 2012
Compared to Code Geass, this wasn't all that great. Kind of dull at moments and not a great OST.
Also the Knightmare fights animation kind of annoyed me. I didn't like they new style they went with.
Hopefully next episode makes it more interesting.
Oct 2, 2012 4:28 AM

Sep 2011
-MgZ_ said:
I didn't understand shit about the characters. I want some introduction on who are they... Was ok movie overall.

Exactly my thoughts.

But on the next episode, welcome back motherfucker Suzaku. :D

Oct 2, 2012 7:24 AM
Jul 2018

^This.

However, I want to know how the story continues.
Oct 2, 2012 11:57 AM
Sep 2011
The fights were very well directed and personally I loved the BGM used for them.
As a newcomer to this franchise the whole setting felt really fresh to me though I have a hunch what the story is about by hearsay.
Oct 2, 2012 12:02 PM
Jan 2011
Nice. I'm not a big fan of CG, but this OVA seems quite good. Great graphics and music, decent storyline and Akito, who appears to be an intriguing character - I'll pleasantly watch the second OVA.
Oct 2, 2012 12:31 PM

Dec 2010
I have no idea what just happened, who people were, and what the hell the setting was
Oct 2, 2012 1:00 PM
Jan 2011
An overall solid show with lots of amazing views of the cities of the EU! But unfortunately, it reminds me alot more of Mirror's Edge and Viper's Creed than it does of Code Geass. I am not sure exactly what the directors were aiming for, as the heavy explanation of the 2 main series is replaced by a plethora of ambiguous matters. though the character designs are similar to what was presented in R1 and R2, they didn't really have anything that interesting about them. So theres some japanese exile guy who likes to fight and theres some girl who likes him and doesnt want him to be called "eleven". then there is some chinese guy who has Geass. Show doesnt have the natural flow that makes Code Geass Code Geass. this is quite simply, a normal show set in geass's world with almost no connection drawn to it besides some nightmares that vaguely resemble sutherlands and Suzaku on a train. I will note, however, that i think Akito has potential as a character. This guy is not some happy-go=lucky refugee who just sits there and takes it. at the Celebration Party, he assessed the situation, and made the noble fear him instead of running blindly in. the face that he does not act like any old anime character in every show ever is enough to earn my respect, and i will be staying around to see exactly where this goes.

Also, DAT CITY!!
Oct 2, 2012 4:04 PM
Jan 2012
Great! Genious story! Loking forward to the next episode!!
Oct 2, 2012 4:35 PM

Sep 2010
Good ova, I liked the animation of the battles overall, it was better than the battles in the main show. The world of code geass is excessive nationalism, characters, faces... If you liked the series so you would like this ova. If not you wouldn't have to watch this ova.
Oct 3, 2012 3:43 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
A nice setting, though as far as the story goes it still seems a bit bland and all. Also Akito is well...generic, but so far no-one has really caught my eye yet.

To expand on the setting, there was little known about the EU besides they were at war with Britannia in the original series so this uncharted territory being explored is pretty interesting.

The knightmare battles became all CG and I don't think I like this change much, I mean at times I didn't even recognise the units, (gloucester anyone?) and it was all a mess but meh maybe it'll grow on me.

Anyway, for a start this episode was rather good. I'll be expecting more from next episode though.
Oct 3, 2012 4:33 AM

May 2010
it was a nice opening movie.
since Shin's family name is Hyuuga, is he Akito's brother?
totally expecting next ep.
is the length set to 40 min. per ep? so short. the pace isn't as fast as the series.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Want to watch these spin-off movies but have some questions

Biisoo - Apr 24, 2023

5 by Fail_Man_X »»
Apr 24, 2023 10:46 AM

» Opinions on Akito the Exiled ?

kushmonatl - Jun 30, 2022

18 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Sep 23, 2022 12:16 PM

» About the ed music

Klosiy - Jul 5, 2021

1 by Kitsu_andmal »»
Jul 14, 2022 2:16 PM

» Any Chance Of An English Dub?

awesomeblackman - Feb 8, 2017

2 by awesomeblackman »»
Mar 15, 2021 7:44 PM

» Confused, would like some insight before I watch.

Kiraism - Dec 27, 2014

1 by Descended_ »»
Jan 10, 2021 1:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.