Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2012 12:46 PM

Jul 2012
lol I thought it was funny

but who were you talking about when you said someone died and came back? I must've missed that
Sep 15, 2012 12:48 PM

Jul 2012
therandomestguy said:

but who were you talking about when you said someone died and came back? I must've missed that

That grey haired guy at the beginning: they showed him again. Unless I misread/saw and it was just a flashback. Pretty sure he died last episode.
Sep 15, 2012 12:50 PM

Dec 2010
ihateeveryone said:
therandomestguy said:

That grey haired guy at the beginning: they showed him again. Unless I misread/saw and it was just a flashback. Pretty sure he died last episode.

Shows how much you pay attention, you shouldn't be surprised if people disliked your ranting when you gave that little thought on the show itself before criticizing it.
Sep 15, 2012 12:51 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
ihateeveryone said:
therandomestguy said:

Shows how much you pay attention, you shouldn't be surprised if people disliked your ranting when you gave that little thought on the show itself before criticizing it.

Nobody said they disliked it, I simply gave up on it. And like I said, I may have misread or missaw something. Sorry that I made a mistake, murder me now if that compensates for it. Not to mention I'm skyping my friend at the same time and I really didn't care to put much thought in that rant.

Didn't I say not to take me seriously? I'm not trying to seriously criticize the show and if you say it that way then damn, sucks for you.
Sep 15, 2012 12:52 PM

Jul 2012
oh I think you're thinking of the other grey haired dude that died last episode he was just a random guild member I think

the guy in the beginning there is the guild leader that Kirito dueled and lost to last episode
Sep 15, 2012 12:52 PM

Sep 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
Hm something seemed off about this episode for me, dunno whether it was the plot itself, the pacing or what, it just didn't feel right. Regardless, as an anime only viewer I'm looking forward to see where this story goes, I see a lot of different possibilities next episode but we'll see.

Asuna's portrayal has been inconsistent for me since she got introduced. To the public she's this cute yet mature, badass swordsman but when it's just her and Kirito, Asuna turns into moe blob who acts like a regular girl her age. She acts like 2 completely people and it's really polarizing. I can't blame Haruka Tomatsu because that's how the character was written but a little subtlety on her part could go a long way

I felt the pacing was a bit off too. I think it was the whole family effect that felt forced. I would have liked to see that progress than just for it to happen.
Sep 15, 2012 12:54 PM

Jul 2012
Mediocre episode.
Sep 15, 2012 12:54 PM

Jul 2012
therandomestguy said:
oh I think you're thinking of the other grey haired dude that died last episode he was just a random guild member I think

the guy in the beginning there is the guild leader that Kirito dueled and lost to last episode

He was? I must've missed something then. I'll have to go back and look through the episode again, since I don't really feel like rewatching it. It may be hard to spot throughout the entire sex discussion in that thread though. Thanks for helping clear that up though.
Sep 15, 2012 12:56 PM
Feb 2008
Completly buthchered adaptation. Again.
The events in Town of Beginings were my most favourite from this arc. Yet they completly skip them or change them.
Sep 15, 2012 12:58 PM

Dec 2010
ihateeveryone said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
ihateeveryone said:
therandomestguy said:

Nobody said they disliked it, I simply gave up on it. And like I said, I may have misread or missaw something. Sorry that I made a mistake, murder me now if that compensates for it. Not to mention I'm skyping my friend at the same time and I really didn't care to put much thought in that rant.

Didn't I say not to take me seriously? I'm not trying to seriously criticize the show and if you say it that way then damn, sucks for you.

I didn't take it seriously nor do i care even if you were, ranting in general is something i never consider a good thing, there is hardly any valid point to it, its just hating, if you dislike the show don't watch it, the only people who should watch a show and still not like it are the ones who are optimistic that it will get better thus they stick with it, but most of the people who rant just do it to hate, if you don't like the show and don't think it will get better, then why even watch it?
Sep 15, 2012 12:59 PM

Dec 2010
therandomestguy said:
hmm this was my least favorite episode...not very exciting...

still love the show though

Well its to be expected, after all this steps away from the conflict (literally) and focuses on developments in other areas, but these episodes are important all the same.
Sep 15, 2012 12:59 PM

Jul 2012
ihateeveryone said:
therandomestguy said:

He was? I must've missed something then. I'll have to go back and look through the episode again, since I don't really feel like rewatching it. It may be hard to spot throughout the entire sex discussion in that thread though. Thanks for helping clear that up though.

no probs
Sep 15, 2012 1:03 PM

Jul 2012
Sep 15, 2012 1:04 PM

Oct 2010
Hybridbloodszak said:
Hm something seemed off about this episode for me, dunno whether it was the plot itself, the pacing or what, it just didn't feel right. Regardless, as an anime only viewer I'm looking forward to see where this story goes, I see a lot of different possibilities next episode but we'll see.

Asuna's portrayal has been inconsistent for me since she got introduced. To the public she's this cute yet mature, badass swordsman but when it's just her and Kirito, Asuna turns into moe blob who acts like a regular girl her age. She acts like 2 completely people and it's really polarizing. I can't blame Haruka Tomatsu because that's how the character was written but a little subtlety on her part could go a long way
But that's the thing. She need 2 personalities like me. Here I am with all in anime while outside with my friends I act gangster and all.

It just means Asuna as much as me as 2 worlds where she has 2 faces. One of serious shit and the other of light romantic normal girl thing.

That's pretty much it and her being Vice Captain of a guilt adds even more. People would lose trust in her skills as leader if they saw her like that. I would dismiss her myself if she could not show me she can do the other self easily. As members would start losing faith in the guild itself.

WTF wants to be with a girl like that while before they all considered her serious? NO ONE! Not a chance. I would not trust her on the basis her strategy as I would suspect it being too much infested with her feelings of love. Thus a danger of efficiency to other members.
ihateeveryone said:
Haters may watch it to make fun of it, that's fine, too.
I always make fun of anime series with GIFs. I figured out the ways to do that in many facets to say the least. Rage is a waste of energy like Oreki says. It's fun while it is and that's it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 15, 2012 1:07 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
therandomestguy said:

Well its to be expected, after all this steps away from the conflict (literally) and focuses on developments in other areas, but these episodes are important all the same.

yea i expected it to be my least favorite when she said in last ep they should leave the frontlines and move to floor 22. i guess you're right it's important to develop other areas though even if it's not as entertaining. I'm sure it'll get back to being more interesting to me soon
Sep 15, 2012 1:12 PM

Jul 2010
Yui's so full of sweetness but the distortion at the end was creepy.
Sep 15, 2012 1:14 PM

Dec 2010
therandomestguy said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
therandomestguy said:

yea i expected it to be my least favorite when she said in last ep they should leave the frontlines and move to floor 22. i guess you're right it's important to develop other areas though even if it's not as entertaining. I'm sure it'll get back to being more interesting to me soon

Well Yui's arc is only two episodes, so you won't have to wait long, one more episode left, thats it.
Sep 15, 2012 1:16 PM

Dec 2011
Asuna is more forward than I thought!
I love her even more!

They are officially a family now. Though I kinda wish that they had a marriage scene (even a short one)... not just the rings shown.

Then I guess Yui has some sort of power more than other players? Or probably infected by a bug.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2012 1:18 PM

Jul 2012
ah, that's good. :)
Sep 15, 2012 1:20 PM

Dec 2010
ihateeveryone said:

Just because hate exists doesn't mean i have to find it acceptable, by that logic people may as well accept murder and other crimes simply because hate sustains them; hate without reason is never a good thing, and the 13 hates already posted so that people have little to no valid reason to hate this show, it just doesn't fit their tastes than they rant to try to justify their opinions but in the end thats all it is, ranting.
Sep 15, 2012 1:25 PM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
and the 13 hates already posted so that people have little to no valid reason to hate this show, it just doesn't fit their tastes than they rant to try to justify their opinions but in the end thats all it is, ranting.

Who are you to decide what is a valid reason and what is not a valid reason?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 15, 2012 1:26 PM
Apr 2012
this episode is so epic. krito and asuna got a kid. makes me so happy the first happy romance anime yet. other anime's always have some kind of problem in the end.
Sep 15, 2012 1:31 PM

Aug 2012
*sigh* sadly I can't take this anime anymore, dropping it now :/
Sep 15, 2012 1:32 PM

Feb 2011
Sooooooooooo , family life huh ? I liked the episode though , but i want to know what's the deal with the little girl
Sep 15, 2012 1:34 PM

Aug 2008
Another episode to show how generic the side villains are.

Less painful than the last episode, but still feels kinda rushed. I mean they already got attached to that kid and they've known her for like 3 minutes (from the audience's view).

Still no sign of an actual plot anytime soon, wonder when these side distractions will finally finish.
Sep 15, 2012 1:37 PM

Jan 2012
laughatyouxd said:
this episode is so epic. krito and asuna got a kid. makes me so happy the first happy romance anime yet. other anime's always have some kind of problem in the end.

Sep 15, 2012 1:40 PM

Jul 2010
Asuna and Kirito are so cute, I can't get over it ^-^;
I just love Kirito's hand with the ring, it looks really sexy on him... lol <3

They're a great couple, I'm totally reading the light novels soon so I can understand the actual character development between them.

And Yui is too cute! I was kyaaa-ing all over the place XD I love her so much, and I felt so bad at the end.
Looks like things are going to get serious next episode, and I totally want to know more about Yui's past. If I was a little girl in SAO, I can't imagine the trauma I would feel. I wonder why she doesn't have an icon above her head either.. ugh, too many questions.. another week to wait >__<"
Sep 15, 2012 1:40 PM

May 2011
GuZ said:
laughatyouxd said:

"What would there be in a story of happiness? Only what prepares it, only what destroys it can be told." -Andre Gide
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Sep 15, 2012 1:43 PM

Nov 2009
This episode's quite good actually, if there's anything i need to say, it is that the romance elements in SAO are keeping me watching the show.

Sep 15, 2012 1:44 PM

Sep 2012
AWWWWWWW YUI IS TOO KAWAAIII!!!! >////<, sorry needed to get that off my chest

good, calm episode, its a nice pace from all that action and death on previous episodes i like the way they are foreshadowing yui, i look forward to the next episode and see how they animate "that".
Sep 15, 2012 1:44 PM

Mar 2012
I imgained it if I could live in Floor 22 ~.~
Sep 15, 2012 1:45 PM

Jun 2010
now they have a grown up baby..
i miss their battle suit already ^^'
Sep 15, 2012 1:46 PM

May 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
ihateeveryone said:

Just because hate exists doesn't mean i have to find it acceptable, by that logic people may as well accept murder and other crimes simply because hate sustains them; hate without reason is never a good thing, and the 13 hates already posted so that people have little to no valid reason to hate this show, it just doesn't fit their tastes than they rant to try to justify their opinions but in the end thats all it is, ranting.
You could as well replace the word "hate" with "love" and your comment would still hold water on the same level.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Sep 15, 2012 1:47 PM

Jul 2010
I really love this episode so romantic :)
Sep 15, 2012 1:50 PM

Jul 2012
What a lovely episode ^_^
I would have loved to be Kirito in this episode :)
O'Hai :D
Sep 15, 2012 1:51 PM

Jul 2012
Karhu said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
ihateeveryone said:

You could as well replace the word "hate" with "love" and your comment would still hold water on the same level.

^ Heh, I tried that and you're right.

So do you want me to explain in full detail and in a critical and objective form why I don't like this show? I really don't want to, and neither does anyone else. Why? Because the fanboys will come and attack us for not loving the show. People are entitled to hate what they want regardless of reasons that they state. Just because they don't state a "valid reason" in your own view doesn't mean they don't have one formulated. And comparing a reason for hating an anime to a reason that someone murdered someone is just silly.

You're going to have to deal with hate the same way you deal with murder, and if that means going up to every murderer and trying to tell them off for their reasoning behind what they did then I'd suggest you try something else.
Sep 15, 2012 1:55 PM

Dec 2010
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
and the 13 hates already posted so that people have little to no valid reason to hate this show, it just doesn't fit their tastes than they rant to try to justify their opinions but in the end thats all it is, ranting.

Have you even read the forums? try telling me that is valid, i'm dead serious, have you even read the forums? You ask me what valid is? i reply with this, sarcasm and one sentence troll remarks blatantly insulting characters is not valid.
Sep 15, 2012 1:58 PM

Dec 2009
Damn, so much emotions flowing in this episode. Floor 22, The memories waiting to be made on that cottage by the forest, the introduction to Yui-chan.

PAPA! MAMA! Damn that hits hard. Don't try carry the burden of everyone's heart Yui-chan... ;-;

End Card:
NettoAzureSep 15, 2012 2:07 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was so sweet it gave me diabetes. Loved every second of this one ^_^ Im guessing Yui is something created by the game, it'll be interesting to see what becomes of this. I hope it doesn't turn out really sad D:

Must. Avoid. SPOILERS. Its getting difficult to read anything on here any more...
QuiGonJonSep 15, 2012 2:02 PM

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Aug 2012
I actually loved this episode, I was smiling like a goof through most of it.

5/5
Sep 15, 2012 1:59 PM

Feb 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Have you even read the forums? try telling me that is valid, i'm dead serious, have you even read the forums? You ask me what valid is? i reply with this, sarcasm and one sentence troll remarks blatantly insulting characters is not valid.

How about my criticisms here? Is this not valid and detailed enough?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=489373&show=40#msg17006813

Quit it with the fanboyism please.
Sep 15, 2012 2:01 PM
Sep 2011
U guys never change eh.

Each episode, 20+ first page for flame war.

Then everyone gets bored and leave.

Wait until Saturday/Sunday whenever a new episode comes out.

Guess what? FLAME WARs happen again.

Like a circular cycle.
Aug 2012
Veronin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

How about my criticisms here? Is this not valid and detailed enough?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=489373&show=40#msg17006813

Quit it with the fanboyism please.

Your criticisms are extremely opinionated.

If I were in a life or death situation, developing relationships would definitely be hastened.

I think many of the qualms people have with this show is that they cannot apply social logic to any of the character interactions, if the interaction is not spelt out, or fully explained, it is therefore bad.

Mar 2012
Noobs
Sep 15, 2012 2:04 PM
Sep 2011
Oh well I was smiling the whole time while watching this ep. Therefore it is good, I will vote it 5. Best episode so far.
Sep 15, 2012 2:05 PM

Jul 2012
I-I think I started this flame war.

If I did I feel so proud.
Sep 15, 2012 2:06 PM
Jul 2012
lol this episode wasn't that interesing until the end. I kinda want to know what happens next but i have a feeling it's something dumb
Sep 15, 2012 2:06 PM

Dec 2010
I hated it, but I'm a hater so I don't know what I'm talking about.
Sep 15, 2012 2:07 PM
Sep 2011
Nah I don't blame you.
Since haters and fanboys both have invalid reasons.
Gonna sleep now, hope that this thread won't get over 20pages when I wake up.
Sep 15, 2012 2:08 PM
Jul 2012
Soo much butthurt in this thread jeez.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.