Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 18, 2012 12:04 PM

May 2010
Oh man Truth just got worse I wish he die soon.Good thing Pres Blanc had a secret to help team Pied Pipers or else they will be in deep shit !!
Sep 18, 2012 12:05 PM

Jul 2012
Comparing E7 and E7:AO is like comparing Toyota Corolla and BYD F3. They look similar, have 4 wheels and theoretically have similar equipment, but Corolla gets 4,5 stars on crash tests and F3 can not reach even 2. For many people F3 is much better solution for a plenty of reasons including price and (as many say) durability if you use it carefully, but it is still F3 and not Toyota:)
Sep 18, 2012 1:20 PM

Oct 2008
From every episode here on out, I'm going to assume that there's an S2 in mind; chances are, I'll get substantially more enjoyment out of each, and not surprisingly, liked episode 20 a lot more with this attitude, complaints aside; the pacing makes much more sense in this context. So, until episode 24, I'm going to adopt this mentality; if it serves me the actual ending, however, that's when I'm going to be disappointed and angry. Might as well try to enjoy the ride until then.

MEsoJD said:
TheFantasyWriter said:
That is your opinion i guess. Like i said in my opinion it's a worthy sequel. I've loved it since the first episode and will continue to love it until the very end, but we all can't have the same opinion on things.

Oh god I love the opinion card. Your right, but that doesn't mean a show can't have faults. This show has many. Characters are uninteresting and occasionally make illogical decisions, only children can use lfos(to increase viewership?), timing on drama is eradicated and never hits, they fight these boring monsters, and etc... I could on and on. It's very apparent that little thought went into this show and they wanted to revived a series that have perfectly good ending to make some cash by using a Name that many know. If you watch as many anime/movies/shows as I have, you pick up on BS. When people start favoring shit like this, originality starts to die.
I'll disagree on the point that little thought was put into it; the story is undeniably complex and convoluted, with some hints of grandeur in its scope (mostly involving the political machinations, the mystery of the future, the Scub Coral, and Secrets). I will agree, however, that it's the presentation that's been lacking, and I largely address that specifically in my previous posts in this thread. What the creators tried to do - what they had in mind - I respect. The show clearly got caught up in some sort of development hell, however, and many aspects regarding this series shows for it.

That is not to say, however, that there aren't glimpses of greatness, and if their production was as frenzied and rushed as it seemed to be, then in the case of an S2, I can hope for a more than marginally improved product. I will concede, however, that no matter how great it is from here on, I doubt it'll ever be as good as its predecessor; the characterization just isn't on the same level.
DangerrSep 18, 2012 1:31 PM
Sep 18, 2012 2:00 PM

Feb 2012
Oh shit, theEND fused with Truth and turned into something ugly, who is going to stop him now?
Sep 18, 2012 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
No offence to anyone, but I just don't get it how you people can like this sequel. I keep watching one episode after another, hoping that it will get better but it's not.
and we're almost at the end.

The original Eureka Seven anime is superior in everything.
Sep 18, 2012 4:45 PM

Sep 2010
According to this, http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/2471/time , we can definitely conclude that there'll be only 22 episodes on TV. (Before, CBC was still mentioning 23/24)

It's more likely that episodes 23 and 24 will be blu-ray only since :

Vol.1 : Ep 1-2 (confirmed)
Vol.2 : Ep 3-5 (confirmed)
Vol.3 : Ep 6-8 (confirmed)
Vol.4 : Ep 9-11 (confirmed)
Vol.5 : Ep 12-14 (confirmed)
Vol.6 : Ep 15-17 (3 episodes mentionned on the official website)
Vol.7 : Ep 18-20 (3 episodes mentionned on the official website)
Vol.8 : Ep 21-23 (3 episodes mentionned on the official website)
Vol.9 : Ep 24 + Bonus (1 episode mentionned on the official website)
Sep 18, 2012 4:57 PM

Oct 2008
-Angy- said:
According to this, http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/2471/time , we can definitely conclude that there'll be only 22 episodes on TV. (Before, CBC was still mentioning 23/24)

I don't get it -- I thought this was only a problem with TBS. I understand the Olympics screwed shit up, but seriously, wtf is going on here?
Sep 18, 2012 5:24 PM
Feb 2012
Xam'd: Lost Memories (also by BONES) rushed ending will be nothing compared to this.
Sep 18, 2012 5:57 PM

Jun 2007
Dangerr said:
prismheart said:
So many things are going on I really don't think an open ending will happen. One that leaves room for S2 but not necessarily need it. Which is sad since it would be nice if there was one definite conclusion to the Eureka Seven series as a whole.

At this point, it's too early to say anything either way. Given how MUCH there is to cover in only four episodes, for the sake of quality and Bones' reputation, I would almost have to see them doing an S2, however, think about DtB's S2, and how much they royally screwed that up (most of all, the ending); the production crews are mostly completely different, I understand, but the precedence is there as a studio for it to happen again. There's just so many elements of the story for AO to elaborate on, it would be completely overwhelming to try addressing them all, while keeping a sound and properly dramatic script, rather than a massive expositional info-dump.

If it hasn't become clearer, I've started to become more critical about various aspects of the show; I was more lenient in the first half, as I found the complex world-building and various conflicts to be an acceptable alternative to the comprehensive character-development that the first series is known for, so long as they would deliver enough for us to be invested in the characters (which it succeeded in, at that stretch of episodes, for the most part). More or less, up until Eureka's appearance, the show was doing good in my eyes, and definitely amounted to more than the sum of its parts. Since episode 16, however, there's been a strange disconnect between me and the events that have transpired; I'll constantly find that the episodes by themselves are actually mostly enjoyable, but when taken in tandem with what has preceded, they feel oddly inconsequential.

While important events did indeed happen in 16-18, and generally did a comprehensive job in telling their respective stories, they lacked dramatic tension, and greatly downplayed the urgency of everything that's been happening around the main cast of characters (Ivica's nonchalant reaction to Ao's acquisition of the Quartz cannon; Fleur and Elena PR shtick while their comrade has defected to the Allied Forces; The Secret's massive security threat to GB; Fleur's seeming-acceptance of Elena's casual admittance to murder; etc.). Now, most of these can be given a rational explanation, which is fine, but given the context of what's been transpiring, they're either out of place, or have been executed too poorly to be justifiable. For example, Elena and Fluer's little scene that was intended to be a humorous, meta-joke towards anime production, does that really belong in what's essentially the final-stretch of the series, which is a crucial time to build aforementioned dramatic tension? And while I'm glad they've been developing the characters further, particularly Fleur and Elena, others have more or less been left by the wayside (Ivica, Rebecka, and Gazelle's crew, specifically).

Also, while I generally wasn't having a problem with suspension of disbelief earlier on, it's becoming increasingly difficult to suppress; some of what I just mentioned has to do with it, but the greatest leap for me was in episode 18; I can't personally accept Christophe's reactions to what the pilots of Pied Piper have done as being that of a sane man, and while I understand that Alex is foremost a gear-head who is endlessly intrigued by the technology he services, I have an even harder time comprehending the utter, reckless irresponsibility he'd shown by letting both Fleur and Elena, unauthorized, confront the Allied Forces for their defected comrade; essentially the downfall of Generation Bleu, right there. The matter of the fact, is, that Ao's defection was a completely transparent means to an end for the writers, which was to get the world to turn against Generation Bleu (and set up Pied Piper's new alliance with Japan, it seems).

Essentially, it's not one big thing pulling the show down right now, or even several, but numerous small problems, that while marginal by themselves, add up quickly to form a mess. I found episode 19 to be refreshingly sober, focused, and even one of the best episodes of the series, but the prelude up to that point was underwhelming, and could have benefited so much more to an added sense of urgency and incremental cohesion, which has been lacking. It will be slightly more acceptable if there's some sort of upcoming S2 in the Spring, but the matter of the fact is, Bones has been dark about this; if they indeed have a second season in mind, then by choosing to stay dark, they've hurt the perception by which we're supposed to have been viewing these episodes with, which is roughly that of the mid-series climax, and not the entire franchise. It is with this perception, that myself and so many others are losing faith for a satisfactory ending, and is definitely damaging my perception of the series, overall.

I agree. The only difference being I disliked the show after seeing only a few episodes. The first season had amazing character build up and made the viewer fall in love with the characters. This series does no such thing. It tosses characters at you but never follows them up with any substance. If any of the main characters died next episode I'd probably not care at all since I have no real attachment to any of them. Even AO's character is severely underdeveloped.

The story has been poor since the start. It feels like several directors are trying to direct where it should go. Too much information is being tossed at us in one episode and then the next it's a relaxed slice of life type episode. I dislike this series a lot because of it's fundamental flaws not because of it being a shitty E7 second season.

Just my 2 cents.
Sep 18, 2012 6:26 PM

Jul 2012
Dangerr said:
-Angy- said:

I don't get it -- I thought this was only a problem with TBS. I understand the Olympics screwed shit up, but seriously, wtf is going on here?
Can we still expect subbed episodes beyond episode 22?
Sep 18, 2012 7:54 PM

Jul 2010
CSpaz said:
No offence to anyone, but I just don't get it how you people can like this sequel. I keep watching one episode after another, hoping that it will get better but it's not.
and we're almost at the end.

The original Eureka Seven anime is superior in everything.

I know that feel, but that's how a lot of people are on this site. Hell I bet there are people that like Infinite Stratos :p Face it, the reason there's so much bad content on t.v. is that the majority of people don't have taste. The content just goes in and out, and the viewers smile. As for anime, each season gets harder to find good original shows. When there are some awesome gems that come out, the majority ignore it...I think the last good gem was the latest Lupin to come out(such a breath of fresh air). I pray AO doesn't get another season.
Sep 18, 2012 10:31 PM

Sep 2011
Dangerr said:
-Angy- said:

Yeah I don't get it either, that's just fucking stupid. Not waiting until
Volume 8: 1/29
Volume 9: 2/22

Ahaha fuck that. Got to wait until February 22nd if they only let you see the final episodes then. Well longer since it has to get shipped so prob not until end of Feb
Sep 18, 2012 10:54 PM

Jan 2011
Dangerr said:
LucarioNate said:
bastek66 said:
Look what appeared

+1 to you good sir for the pictures. I just finished the episode and found this picture to confirm my hypothesis. Seems like theEnd is going to have some action!! (Elena maybe the pilot? Seems like it with all this betrayal / going to the other world stuff).

Look again; theEND was destroyed in that blast. At this point, it's seemingly turning out to be a red-herring and a tease.

THeFantasyWriter said:
I think everything could be concluded in 4 episodes but no time can be wasted. I still have faith in this series. We see Eureka again in the episode 21 preview, so hopefully she can give us some answers.

Plot points that must be resolved for a satisfying conclusion:

* "IFO-0" as Tanaka put it, who/what made it, and its overall importance to the plot.

* Likely related to the above, the nature of the quartz cannon deserves a good explanation. It's likely Renton has to do with both.

* The true nature of quartz, and the motivations that has drove the Scub Coral to seemingly go against what they stood for in E7:PoP.

* The true nature of the Secrets, what they are SPECIFICALLY, where they come from, and WHY they're here to destroy the Scub Coral, though that can also obviously be inferred.

* Elena's true past and her importance to Eureka.

* Naru's endgame, and how she's going to affect the overall plot; to top it all off, we got the enigma of the pre-spec3 typeZERO whom ejected Eureka to pursue Truth (though I can guess why, at this point).

*Mysterious shadowed IFO/LFO in the OP.

*Gen Bleu's new mission to destroy quartz / Scub Coral.

* Ao's resolution with both his mother and father.

* The fate of Pied Piper and Gazelle's crew.

There's even more I could bring up, but think about it - we've got all that to cover in four episodes, and that's not even counting the drama and casual scenes between the exposition. Everything I've listed could easily fill the plot of a second season, and would give us the time to establish the achingly-needed information about what's exactly happened in the future.

Is bones not going to pull out a second season? I havent seen the manga at all so I dont know how much content there is further on but is seemed like from episode 14 that this could last a good 50 episodes like the first series. I also dont know how the ratings in Japan are for this which probably will be the #1 factor. I would just hate to see another good anime unfinished Im sooo tired of that.

BRING BACK KENICHI!!!!!!!
Sep 18, 2012 10:56 PM

Jan 2011
P.S I know bones has no control of Kenichi sorry for my off topic declaration
Sep 19, 2012 6:58 AM

Sep 2010
WAHa_06x36 said:
Marow said:
Why did TheEnd just disappear to be replaced with that odd Cannon IFO?

Incidentally, that "Cannon" name seems like a mistranslation. Seems a lot more like it'd be named "Kannon", "Kwannon" or maybe "Guanyin" if you don't want to be as literal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guanyin

Either way, the name was not pronounced the same as "cannon" is when transliterated into Japanese.

(This was the first episode I watched with AraAraUfufu subs instead of GG, and I am a bit underwhelmed, there were some other obvious mistranslations, too.)

It's revealed on the official website, the codename is "Kanon", and it's an LFO not an IFO !

(http://i.imgur.com/O0WO8.png)

Well, I don't know if we can trust Bones for this, they've already made some errors in the episodes ("Eisenhpwer", "Big Bleu World"...)
-Angy-Sep 19, 2012 7:04 AM
Sep 19, 2012 1:34 PM

Oct 2008
-Angy- said:

Well, I don't know if we can trust Bones for this, they've already made some errors in the episodes ("Eisenhpwer", "Big Bleu World"...)

Well, they went through the trouble of calling it a "Light Finding Operation" as opposed to "Intelligent Flying Object", or whatever "IFO" stands for, so It seems certain to be an LFO, which stands to say that it houses an archetype of some sort. Just like the quartz cannon, I'm guessing it's a creation that has something to do with Renton; possibly the principal engineer of both items.
Sep 19, 2012 1:39 PM

Sep 2011
Dangerr said:
-Angy- said:

Well, they went through the trouble of calling it a "Light Finding Operation" as opposed to "Intelligent Flying Object", or whatever "IFO" stands for, so It seems certain to be an LFO, which stands to say that it houses an archetype of some sort. Just like the quartz cannon, I'm guessing it's a creation that has something to do with Renton; possibly the principal engineer of both items.

Meh w/e it is. We prob won't get much out of it with only 2 episodes left for airing on t.v. While the rest we may have to wait, until BD's. I'ma facepalm, and be pissed off.

If anyone figures out if they will actually make us wait for final 2 episodes do say so ^.~
Sep 19, 2012 1:49 PM

Jul 2012
Du
Tyrel said:
Dangerr said:
-Angy- said:

Meh w/e it is. We prob won't get much out of it with only 2 episodes left for airing on t.v. While the rest we may have to wait, until BD's. I'ma facepalm, and be pissed off.

If anyone figures out if they will actually make us wait for final 2 episodes do say so ^.~
dude I hope they don't make us wait I think i will abandon all hope for this series. I just hope the wait isnt too long
Sep 19, 2012 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
AnimaRO64 said:
Du
Tyrel said:
Dangerr said:
-Angy- said:

dude I hope they don't make us wait I think i will abandon all hope for this series. I just hope the wait isnt too long

Lol If they release the episodes on BD only it would be

which is:
Volume 8: 1/29/13
Volume 9: 2/22/13

for BD release
Sep 20, 2012 1:39 AM

Jan 2009
The show's got some serious endgame-feelings to it right now... so I highly doubt there'll be a S2. Hard to say what's gonna happen next. Still, that episode was pretty well done imo - lots of progress yet it still was quite clear what actually happened there; sides were switched and much more. Was nice watching it.
Sep 20, 2012 8:27 AM

Jan 2008
/see Type theEnd.
WHOOOOO!!!!!
/some other mech appears instead
Wut....?
Sep 21, 2012 2:36 AM
Oct 2011
I3rawler said:
The show's got some serious endgame-feelings to it right now... so I highly doubt there'll be a S2. Hard to say what's gonna happen next. Still, that episode was pretty well done imo - lots of progress yet it still was quite clear what actually happened there; sides were switched and much more. Was nice watching it.

Felt this way as well. :)
Sep 23, 2012 2:45 AM

Jul 2008
I thought that was the end....

does it come in black?
WolfWood37Sep 23, 2012 2:49 AM
Sep 25, 2012 9:48 PM
Jul 2012
So, I saw the END, wish it didn't get wrecked, my guess on why its there is... the END just turned to dust, but what if it just ended up, time-traveling in a way. They eventually found it, held it in to try and keep it for testing. Elena goes betrayal along with Team Harlequin. Ao, is getting better. Eureka Seven AO really lacks the romance I loved from the orginal, at least in the OVA we just might get an epilogue on what happened to the orginial characters. I want Renton to appear to help make Ao make final decisions!
Oct 3, 2012 8:45 AM

Apr 2009
Woah lots of things happened in this episode. The HQ is toast, Elena and the other Generation Bleu team that survived turned their coats, Truth is now uhmmm...I dont know what he is now, LOL and Japan just became their ally. Cristophe's final insurance came as a surprise but it was a really good twist.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 10, 2012 6:32 AM
Sep 2012
Yep, definitely this series doesnt focus on character development and the romance that was in the first series. But that doesnt make this any worse than its predecessor in my opinion.
I feel like comparing the two is like comparing an apple and a cabbage.... they are focusing on two different things, the first being character development and the 2nd being story development?
Sure the story has been all over the place at times, but it definitely has picked up alot compared to the first half of the series, and im enjoying it alot!

On topic
Woo seeing theEND was a great feeling!
Knowing that the last 2 episodes havent come out yet makes me consider whether i wanna finish the last few or not... :<
Also... tbh when fleur started crying on Ao's shoulder/chest i was thinking... HUG HER DAMMIT! lol....
ChickenSoupOct 10, 2012 8:05 PM
Nov 30, 2012 3:55 PM

Jul 2012
Oh man Hannah mama crews IFO was awesome. Also the truth couldn't have picked an uglier mech it's like half a body of a regular one wtf?!? But good episode Elena really confusing me. Also Gazelle got freaked turned lol Rebecca just pushed him lol, finally tired of that typical I'll kiss right now and everything will be ok crap
Jan 12, 2013 3:28 AM

Jan 2012
classic random clusterfuck plot

and what's up with all the virgins getting wet over seeing type the end (aka the piece of shit)?

no hate, but this series have just turned 180 on me...
Jul 25, 2013 6:36 PM

Mar 2012
So Truth is now more OP, yay lol. Who knows what goes on in Elena's head these days.
Dec 30, 2013 10:26 PM
Jul 2018

theEND appeared! And it got destroyed. :___:
Jul 12, 2014 12:13 PM

Apr 2011
Wow. Confusing yet entertaining at the same time.
Aug 22, 2014 10:21 AM

May 2012
Quite lovely development, really like where this is heading and I do wonder what will happen in the coming episodes! That plus that dakimakura was just lols!
Nov 15, 2016 8:33 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This was a nice episode.
Seems like Fleur will need to take charge of stuff now.
Jan 14, 2022 4:03 PM

Feb 2012
Damn, like the UN assault on NERV.

Generation Bleu goes from being seen as fairly accepted global taskforce to outcast rebels like Gekkostate was?

Lmao not only does Elena Peoples turn traitor, she becomes a Char Clone with that mask lol

So was theEND universe-jumping like Eureka and Nirvash and the people of Ao's world decided to call it Cannon? Now it's piloted by Truth, what happened to Anenome?

Fortress_MaximusJan 14, 2022 4:12 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.