Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 15, 2012 4:13 PM

May 2012
I agree with tyrel, I seriously doubt that is Renton in the preview, but you never know I guess.

I like this show, it's not the best, and I probably wouldn't compare to e7 that much, but it's fun and entertaining and very interesting. I've definately seen way worse anime.

The main thing for me is that Ao is supposed to be the main character and all, but I just can't relate to him. Usually even if a show is bad I can still be on par with the main character and really feel with him/her through their challenges. But Ao doesn't feel like a main character at all, he hasn't evolved that much and I don't know how to say it but I can't jive with him at all. sucks because I wanted to. I just don't care you know?
Sep 15, 2012 5:01 PM
Oct 2011
LucarioNate said:
Dangerr said:
LucarioNate said:
bastek66 said:
Look what appeared

+1 to you good sir for the pictures. I just finished the episode and found this picture to confirm my hypothesis. Seems like theEnd is going to have some action!! (Elena maybe the pilot? Seems like it with all this betrayal / going to the other world stuff).

Look again; theEND was destroyed in that blast. At this point, it's seemingly turning out to be a red-herring and a tease.

I don't know manggg. I'm still going on the fact that the End will appear!

Agreed, I'm not convinced it was destroyed by that blast of what was essentially a Trapar swell. I don't see it shot into pieces there and to me it looked more like it got blasted out of the ground it was stuck in by the explosion of Trapar.

catharinix said:
My guess is that the guy in the preview is Dominic. He kind of look like him, with pale skin and dark hair.
PLUS Dominic and Anemone are my favs, I want to see them so bad!! I really hope they're Helena's parents.
:D

That's not a bad theory either. The timing would actually be pretty great towards working in Elena as Dominic/Anemone's daughter and getting her back on Ao and Fleur's side if this guy happens to be related to her (and we know she's from the other world and this next ep's title leads me to believe that "future E7's time" where Elena (and Renton, Eureka, Dominic and Anemone) seemingly comes from by her own words might be a big topic next week and with Eureka's hologram returning.

AnimaRO64 said:
Also if there is a S2 (which deep down I know there isnt, because we all can't get what we want in life).

Agreed I would absolutely love for them to have a S2 in order to conclude everything more thoroughly and get to use everything that's happened as huge building events like the first show got to do with somewhat smaller events, but I agree it's something fans of E7:AO would want and it makes so much sense that it sadly probably (especially since someone huge like Christophe is likely dead and Gen Bleu HQ got entirely destroyed which is "end of show type stuff") won't happen since it feels like only crappy moe or fanservicey junk is getting multiple seasons right now except for rare exceptions. :(
DangerMouseDMSep 15, 2012 5:19 PM
Sep 15, 2012 5:16 PM
Oct 2011
blfan said:
I hope Ao and Fleur end up together. Please let it better sweet like Leloush and Kallen in Code Geass.

Actully I am hoping Ao, Fleur, and Elena end up together. Ha ha.

Speaking of Elena, I hope she turns out to be Dominik and Anemone's kid. That would be so cool.

Would not mind that, they've been pretty good together.

This. And I'm still hoping for some Ao, Fleur, and Elena big team up battle leading into Ao's personal battle for the finale like their earlier missions.

Could not agree more, it would be so damn cool.
Sep 15, 2012 6:31 PM

Jun 2012
DangerMouseDM said:
LucarioNate said:
Dangerr said:
LucarioNate said:
bastek66 said:
Look what appeared

+1 to you good sir for the pictures. I just finished the episode and found this picture to confirm my hypothesis. Seems like theEnd is going to have some action!! (Elena maybe the pilot? Seems like it with all this betrayal / going to the other world stuff).

Look again; theEND was destroyed in that blast. At this point, it's seemingly turning out to be a red-herring and a tease.

I don't know manggg. I'm still going on the fact that the End will appear!

Agreed, I'm not convinced it was destroyed by that blast of what was essentially a Trapar swell. I don't see it shot into pieces there and to me it looked more like it got blasted out of the ground it was stuck in by the explosion of Trapar.

catharinix said:
My guess is that the guy in the preview is Dominic. He kind of look like him, with pale skin and dark hair.
PLUS Dominic and Anemone are my favs, I want to see them so bad!! I really hope they're Helena's parents.
:D

That's not a bad theory either. The timing would actually be pretty great towards working in Elena as Dominic/Anemone's daughter and getting her back on Ao and Fleur's side if this guy happens to be related to her (and we know she's from the other world and this next ep's title leads me to believe that "future E7's time" where Elena (and Renton, Eureka, Dominic and Anemone) seemingly comes from by her own words might be a big topic next week and with Eureka's hologram returning.

AnimaRO64 said:
Also if there is a S2 (which deep down I know there isnt, because we all can't get what we want in life).

Agreed I would absolutely love for them to have a S2 in order to conclude everything more thoroughly and get to use everything that's happened as huge building events like the first show got to do with somewhat smaller events, but I agree it's something fans of E7:AO would want and it makes so much sense that it sadly probably (especially since someone huge like Christophe is likely dead and Gen Bleu HQ got entirely destroyed which is "end of show type stuff") won't happen since it feels like only crappy moe or fanservicey junk is getting multiple seasons right now except for rare exceptions. :(

Yeah, that's what I thought about theEnd. I feel like it drifted off somewhere and will come again by itself.
Sep 15, 2012 6:43 PM

Jun 2012
I have the correlation diagram if you guys want to see it. Apparently looks like there are 5 empty boxes yet not revealed. The ones around Tanaka are interesting too.

http://eurekaao-prj.net/?page_id=204

i'm also guessing the one above Eureka is Renton? Can't really read Japanese :/
Sep 15, 2012 7:57 PM
Feb 2012
well yeah, it's katakana レントン -> Renton, obvious stuff.

and right next to Renton is スカプコーラル "scub coral"
vopiSep 15, 2012 8:03 PM
Sep 15, 2012 8:38 PM

Sep 2009
Honestly... I'm unsure why I'm still watching this... Maybe just hoping that this show will redeem itself in the remaining episodes? I'm not really seeing that as a possibility anymore. But I refuse to drop this show. Too stubborn.
Throw some more questions at me BONES.

Oh, and the guy in the preview being Renton? Doubt it. Doubt it being any character from E7. It's probably just some guy that they're gonna introduce to us to raise more questions.

Sep 15, 2012 8:39 PM

Dec 2009
Well, Bones want to tease AoXFleur. Not that I mind it, that is the only pairing I'm supporting.

Anyways, back to topic, I wonder what Bones will do. Like someone said, this could have been interesting without Truth or Naru.

At the beginning I thought it would be a love story with Ao and Naru but now... dunno, I like that Bones tried to do something different from the original E7 but the first half should have been focused on the plot instead of what we got unless they could have made more episodes like the original.

I like this show, it has some interesting twists but sadly it won't be even close to the original E7.

Now, I want them to show Renton. Fast.

Edit: And what happened to the battle of Mark I vs TypeZero? The opening has it yet we haven't seen anything that indicates Naru will fight Ao.
Sep 15, 2012 8:50 PM

Feb 2012
Theres no way the can conclude the series in 4 episodes, it just too much(to much loose ends).Either season 2 or a movie, but regardless im still gonna buy the bluray for this, even if it didnt to the original Eureka 7 justice.

Come on Bones i still believe in you!

LucarioNate said:
I have the correlation diagram if you guys want to see it. Apparently looks like there are 5 empty boxes yet not revealed. The ones around Tanaka are interesting too.

Oh crap, looking at the chart it doesnt seem Renton will be making his appearance. The chart shows connections right? But Ao is only connected to Eureka.....
IciBurnSep 15, 2012 8:56 PM
Sep 15, 2012 9:57 PM

Jul 2012
Somehow Generation Bleu finds a way to get out of all this mess. Pretty ironic considering the Japanese who were actually against them all the time acted as the middleman between them and the secrets.

The new contract between GB and the Secrets effectively means that Ao has no more chances to unleash that gun of his xD.

Pretty emotional ending at the end when Blanc entrusted his legacy to Fleur. From the looks of the preview, next episode is going to be serious business, with connections being established and stuff.
Sep 15, 2012 11:37 PM
Sep 2012
ZBurn said:
Theres no way the can conclude the series in 4 episodes, it just too much(to much loose ends).Either season 2 or a movie, but regardless im still gonna buy the bluray for this, even if it didnt to the original Eureka 7 justice.

LucarioNate said:

Oh crap, looking at the chart it doesnt seem Renton will be making his appearance. The chart shows connections right? But Ao is only connected to Eureka.....

No. If you look at Blanc and Fleur, there is no connection between them.

Team Harlequin is not really siding with the Americans.

Elena isn't stupid. She wanted Ao to fire the gun because she probably wanted to know what would happen with the timeline and history.

BTW. If you go back and watch the beginning of Episode 7, Truth morphs into a kid that looks awful like Renton or the "mysterious" guy in the opening. Something I just remembered.
Sep 16, 2012 2:52 AM

Oct 2008
ZBurn said:

LucarioNate said:

Likewise, I'm going to purchase it, if only to support the franchise. From what I've heard, the entire premise of the show was changed, like on two seperate occasions, and the grab for Sho Aikawa as scriptwriter was a rush-job -- I have no doubt that Kyoda wanted to make a spectacular sequel, but it seemed to happen at the wrong place, wrong time. I have mixed feelings about Dai Sato as a whole, but he was undoubtedly one of the architects of this franchise, along with Kyoda and Yoshida, and his absence has definitely hurt the product. IF there is a season 2, I have no doubt in my mind it will be better, but unfortunately, it will have to do something quickly to address the sour taste its left in the mouth of many of its fans, especially if the upcoming finale doesn't do the trick. The latter half of AO (many will say the first half, which I mostly disagree with) feels bloated; like it's intentionally drawing things out for an S2.

Either way, if it's the series finale, It's only going to be varying degrees of disappointment and anger for me; I can't see a satisfying conclusion, if that's the case.
DangerrSep 16, 2012 3:10 AM
Sep 16, 2012 11:24 AM
Jul 2012
An interesting point in this episode was when the American pilot began to see trapar. Seeing trapar in E7AO is a unique ability of children, but in E7 I'm pretty sure everyone could see it. All those ref boarders had green trails behind them!

Trapar is barely ever animated in E7AO because only the kids can see it. I'm thinking the scub "infecting" people in E7AO allows the next generation to see trapar.

Since E7AO timeline is before E7, this could certainly be possible.

Also, am I the only one thinking that the last episode of E7AO will lead directly in to episode 1 of E7 with all the temporal shit going on?
Nirvash909Sep 16, 2012 11:27 AM
Sep 16, 2012 11:41 AM

Oct 2008
Nirvash909 said:
An interesting point in this episode was when the American pilot began to see trapar. Seeing trapar in E7AO is a unique ability of children, but in E7 I'm pretty sure everyone could see it. All those ref boarders had green trails behind them!

Trapar is barely ever animated in E7AO because only the kids can see it. I'm thinking the scub "infecting" people in E7AO allows the next generation to see trapar.

Since E7AO timeline is before E7, this could certainly be possible.

Also, am I the only one thinking that the last episode of E7AO will lead directly in to episode 1 of E7 with all the temporal shit going on?

The only one with the capability to actually "see" trapar, visually, is Ao. When they speak of other children or individuals "seeing" trapar, they're referring to their propensity to sense the waves - not actually seeing it, via light. As for the American this episode, he may actually be developing what Ao has, but that's almost certainly due to a Scub infection.
Sep 16, 2012 4:30 PM

May 2010
Truth keep getting more and more OP.
Sep 16, 2012 4:50 PM

Sep 2011
After E7:AO Ends. I think I'm going to rewatch the first season to get the taste of the second season out of my mouth. If a another season is announced I'll hold back.
Sep 16, 2012 5:25 PM
Oct 2011
Yeah. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Elena is a second if she really comes from E7 time, where it's likely humanity's long-term exposure to Scub Coral has caused humanity to adapt which why everyone can see it then unlike here.

ZBurn said:

Same here I will be buying it as well, I've enjoyed it and to support the E7 franchise.

This is true, I've been thinking about that, I wouldn't be too shocked by a movie finale announcement in the last ep (though I'd prefer another season ofcourse) especially since the franchise is clearly something Bones likes and keeps coming back to.

I guess I'd say fully matching the original is rather difficult without the same amount of eps, 50 allowed them to dwell on things far more than 24 allows and yet IMO as a fan of this show they've still created a more living breathing setting and narrative than few shows manage, even with its flaws. I really like what I've seen so far and like the cast (though I'm still surprised Naru hasn't been more regularly involved even though I'm sure she'll be playing a key role in at least the last 2 I'd guess) so I still hope we're going to get a pretty good and epic end and probably stuff that further connects our two sets of past and future characters.

In comparison to the original I think mainly what's missing to try to reach the "next level" of the original is mostly down to time, IMO AO already has that "special" something that could get it there and is quite good as is, and would have a good chance of getting there despite it's flaws if they were to get a second season to build off of all this stuff Ao's team have accomplished and therefore being able have time to dwell on the accomplishments of the cast and then dwell on further connecting the past and future worlds, which will likely continue in the next ep or two (and perhaps would allow relenting and just doing what pretty much everyone wants, being able to integrate Renton, Eureka, Anemone, Dominic, and Gekkostate fully into the new cast without having them overshadow them and having both sets work together) this actually IMO has all the makings to be layered enough and charismatic enough to get relatively close to the original if it were given a "second act" like the original E7 had because despite the different setting and different focus away from the romance I really think this show has equally created a surprisingly living environment with "history" and characters and recreated the essence of E7 in a surprisingly non-safe way for fans who like both the original and AO. I would imagine it's not written that way though given the scale of things that are happening in these last couple of eps as things like Gen Bleu HQ being destroyed are "endgame" type stuff. I wouldn't mind if like Code Geass they had to end with a real finale but with firm plans to continue.

I think though this is another example that it's virtually impossible to please everyone with a sequel that doesn't follow the same exact characters as the original, which for some reason is something that Japan seems to love to do. All the overly-dramatic "must forget this season" stuff is crazy since this show IMO is still one of the better ones we've gotten in ages and really good even if it may not reach the "classic" status of the original, though the ending could still elevate it yet again.
DangerMouseDMSep 16, 2012 5:45 PM
Sep 16, 2012 7:22 PM

May 2012
I think a movie would be sick. I like the movie conclusion to a series, it's pretty epic and generally well done.
Sep 16, 2012 9:01 PM
Oct 2011
Vuyo said:
I think a movie would be sick. I like the movie conclusion to a series, it's pretty epic and generally well done.

Same here, I like movie finales too.
DangerMouseDMSep 16, 2012 9:07 PM
Sep 16, 2012 11:26 PM
Sep 2012
TheFantasyWriter said:
I think everything could be concluded in 4 episodes but no time can be wasted. I still have faith in this series. We see Eureka again in the episode 21 preview, so hopefully she can give us some answers.
I actualyl think were gonna be in for another season. While I do agree that this series can be wrapped up in just 4 epsiodes, I don't think Bones is gonna go that way.

There are just too many questions that need to be answered. And for order to wrap them all up properly with a chance for them to have some effect on the series all of the episodes would have to be non stop revelations, and jaw dropping moments taking place.

And if they don't answer aforementioned questions I will go on a violent rampage demanding the blood of those who ruined my all time favorite anime series.
Sep 16, 2012 11:29 PM
Sep 2012
Misiakk said:
From episode to episode it makes less and less sence.
If you remember the first series. watching that the first time through didn't make much sense either. The not making any initial sense part is a trade mark of Eureka 7. So I wouldn't be too concerned at this point, considering everything starts to some together towards the end.
Sep 16, 2012 11:32 PM
Sep 2012
ZBurn said:

LucarioNate said:

I will fucking strangle someone if the original protagonist doesn't even make an appearance.
Sep 17, 2012 3:46 PM

Jan 2012
I'm starting to think the only reason people started watching E7 Ao is because they wanted to see the characters from the original E7, and only watch it just to see them.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but ever since the 2nd opening, all I see is 'Where is Renton?' or 'Renton didn't show in this episode either'.

I can't lie that E7 Ao is not the best sequel and Bones could of done better, but wasn't it kind of given that we were probably not going to see the original characters?

And even if we do see them, it probably won't be until the last or second to last episode.
Sep 17, 2012 3:51 PM

Sep 2011
kaykenner54 said:
I'm starting to think the only reason people started watching E7 Ao is because they wanted to see the characters from the original E7, and only watch it just to see them.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but ever since the 2nd opening, all I see is 'Where is Renton?' or 'Renton didn't show in this episode either'.

I can't lie that E7 Ao is not the best sequel and Bones could of done better, but wasn't it kind of given that we were probably not going to see the original characters?

And even if we do see them, it probably won't be until the last or second to last episode.

I wanted to see the original characters from the start. Not from 2nd opening Lol

E7: Ao, has just been a disappointment, compared to its predecessor. Not that I haven't enjoyed it, but this would of been better off as something else, other than a sequel..
Sep 17, 2012 5:38 PM
Jul 2012
kaykenner54 said:

I definitely wanted to see the old e7 characters and what happened to everyone after especially renton and eureka, but i also wanted to see ao and how he tries to find out who he is and find out about his dad, but they seemed to forget all about that after episode 10
Sep 17, 2012 6:52 PM

Jul 2010
TheFantasyWriter said:
In my opinion this is a great sequel. Sure it might not be perfect and not everything went as we wanted it to but it doesn't matter. I'm glad they did things differently. The anime has a different feel to it which is good. Personally i wouldn't want a copy of the original. Also the anime still isn't finished, so who knows these final 4 episodes could turn out to be truly amazing. It would be nice to have a 2nd season to expand on the series. I just hope these 4 episodes are enough to conclude almost everything. If not then lets hope for a 2nd season or a movie finale.

At this point it's safe to say that this is a horrible show and a cash grab. The last episodes left can't make up for the rest. It's almost as bad as Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam. After this is over and they show renton, It's going to take awhile to forget. If I was the original creator of Eureka Seven, I would be completely embarrassed and the ashamed at AO.
Sep 17, 2012 7:24 PM

Jul 2010
TheFantasyWriter said:
That is your opinion i guess. Like i said in my opinion it's a worthy sequel. I've loved it since the first episode and will continue to love it until the very end, but we all can't have the same opinion on things.

Oh god I love the opinion card. Your right, but that doesn't mean a show can't have faults. This show has many. Characters are uninteresting and occasionally make illogical decisions, only children can use lfos(to increase viewership?), timing on drama is eradicated and never hits, they fight these boring monsters, and etc... I could on and on. It's very apparent that little thought went into this show and they wanted to revived a series that have perfectly good ending to make some cash by using a Name that many know. If you watch as many anime/movies/shows as I have, you pick up on BS. When people start favoring shit like this, originality starts to die.
Sep 17, 2012 10:43 PM
Oct 2011
Who said it was flawless? Plenty of subjective complaints there too. Like TheFantasyWriter, I find the characters interesting and most of the time they do make logical decisions, but they're not perfect which is reasonable, I'll address the IFO thing below, and you may find the Secrets boring but I didn't and in the end they've even done something I wasn't expecting with them, they've made them nuanced enough that they're actually negotiating and even agreed to a temporary truce and may even decide to help as allies at the end depending upon how things work out.

For the children thing, I suppose no one can say that younger pilots isn't at least partially commercially related (when is it not) and on some level perhaps it's a shame they caved on that and that we can't have an adult pilot on the team (not that most of the Gekko pilot crew were adults anyway), at least they're doing it with some thought to it and the evils/responsibility of it is part of the plot and the younger generation correcting the mistakes of the old theme of the show unlike most other shows that just brush it off, they're also generally mature beyond their years for their age which is a plus, and some adults, particularly Ivica, Christophe and Rebecka, especially Ivica, have had good screentime and have done pretty well for themselves. And this is actually only partially true now as more has been revealed about humanity's current relation to Trapar, how Goldilocks' joining GB was directly related to Scub Coral and that the military has adult pilots despite their limitations.

TheFantasyWriter said:
In my opinion this is a great sequel. Sure it might not be perfect and not everything went as we wanted it to but it doesn't matter. I'm glad they did things differently. The anime has a different feel to it which is good. Personally i wouldn't want a copy of the original. Also the anime still isn't finished, so who knows these final 4 episodes could turn out to be truly amazing. It would be nice to have a 2nd season to expand on the series. I just hope these 4 episodes are enough to conclude almost everything. If not then lets hope for a 2nd season or a movie finale.

Same here, it's good to see more fans of both liking this so much as well and continuing to voice it, I like both series too.
DangerMouseDMSep 18, 2012 10:01 AM
Sep 18, 2012 12:11 AM

Sep 2011
Finally got my subs from gg. Interesting episode. I bet Blanc isn't dead though. Also we saw TheEnd, get owned. However the commander calls that the black IFO "Zero"
TyrelSep 18, 2012 12:16 AM
Sep 18, 2012 10:42 AM
Jan 2011
Looks like it just Ao and Fluer, Elena just went awol.
Sep 18, 2012 12:04 PM

May 2010
Oh man Truth just got worse I wish he die soon.Good thing Pres Blanc had a secret to help team Pied Pipers or else they will be in deep shit !!
Sep 18, 2012 12:05 PM

Jul 2012
Comparing E7 and E7:AO is like comparing Toyota Corolla and BYD F3. They look similar, have 4 wheels and theoretically have similar equipment, but Corolla gets 4,5 stars on crash tests and F3 can not reach even 2. For many people F3 is much better solution for a plenty of reasons including price and (as many say) durability if you use it carefully, but it is still F3 and not Toyota:)
Sep 18, 2012 1:20 PM

Oct 2008
From every episode here on out, I'm going to assume that there's an S2 in mind; chances are, I'll get substantially more enjoyment out of each, and not surprisingly, liked episode 20 a lot more with this attitude, complaints aside; the pacing makes much more sense in this context. So, until episode 24, I'm going to adopt this mentality; if it serves me the actual ending, however, that's when I'm going to be disappointed and angry. Might as well try to enjoy the ride until then.

MEsoJD said:
TheFantasyWriter said:
That is your opinion i guess. Like i said in my opinion it's a worthy sequel. I've loved it since the first episode and will continue to love it until the very end, but we all can't have the same opinion on things.

Oh god I love the opinion card. Your right, but that doesn't mean a show can't have faults. This show has many. Characters are uninteresting and occasionally make illogical decisions, only children can use lfos(to increase viewership?), timing on drama is eradicated and never hits, they fight these boring monsters, and etc... I could on and on. It's very apparent that little thought went into this show and they wanted to revived a series that have perfectly good ending to make some cash by using a Name that many know. If you watch as many anime/movies/shows as I have, you pick up on BS. When people start favoring shit like this, originality starts to die.
I'll disagree on the point that little thought was put into it; the story is undeniably complex and convoluted, with some hints of grandeur in its scope (mostly involving the political machinations, the mystery of the future, the Scub Coral, and Secrets). I will agree, however, that it's the presentation that's been lacking, and I largely address that specifically in my previous posts in this thread. What the creators tried to do - what they had in mind - I respect. The show clearly got caught up in some sort of development hell, however, and many aspects regarding this series shows for it.

That is not to say, however, that there aren't glimpses of greatness, and if their production was as frenzied and rushed as it seemed to be, then in the case of an S2, I can hope for a more than marginally improved product. I will concede, however, that no matter how great it is from here on, I doubt it'll ever be as good as its predecessor; the characterization just isn't on the same level.
DangerrSep 18, 2012 1:31 PM
Sep 18, 2012 2:00 PM

Feb 2012
Oh shit, theEND fused with Truth and turned into something ugly, who is going to stop him now?
Sep 18, 2012 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
No offence to anyone, but I just don't get it how you people can like this sequel. I keep watching one episode after another, hoping that it will get better but it's not.
and we're almost at the end.

The original Eureka Seven anime is superior in everything.
Sep 18, 2012 4:45 PM

Sep 2010
According to this, http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/2471/time , we can definitely conclude that there'll be only 22 episodes on TV. (Before, CBC was still mentioning 23/24)

It's more likely that episodes 23 and 24 will be blu-ray only since :

Vol.1 : Ep 1-2 (confirmed)
Vol.2 : Ep 3-5 (confirmed)
Vol.3 : Ep 6-8 (confirmed)
Vol.4 : Ep 9-11 (confirmed)
Vol.5 : Ep 12-14 (confirmed)
Vol.6 : Ep 15-17 (3 episodes mentionned on the official website)
Vol.7 : Ep 18-20 (3 episodes mentionned on the official website)
Vol.8 : Ep 21-23 (3 episodes mentionned on the official website)
Vol.9 : Ep 24 + Bonus (1 episode mentionned on the official website)
Sep 18, 2012 4:57 PM

Oct 2008
-Angy- said:
According to this, http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/2471/time , we can definitely conclude that there'll be only 22 episodes on TV. (Before, CBC was still mentioning 23/24)

I don't get it -- I thought this was only a problem with TBS. I understand the Olympics screwed shit up, but seriously, wtf is going on here?
Sep 18, 2012 5:24 PM
Feb 2012
Xam'd: Lost Memories (also by BONES) rushed ending will be nothing compared to this.
Sep 18, 2012 5:57 PM

Jun 2007
Dangerr said:
prismheart said:
So many things are going on I really don't think an open ending will happen. One that leaves room for S2 but not necessarily need it. Which is sad since it would be nice if there was one definite conclusion to the Eureka Seven series as a whole.

At this point, it's too early to say anything either way. Given how MUCH there is to cover in only four episodes, for the sake of quality and Bones' reputation, I would almost have to see them doing an S2, however, think about DtB's S2, and how much they royally screwed that up (most of all, the ending); the production crews are mostly completely different, I understand, but the precedence is there as a studio for it to happen again. There's just so many elements of the story for AO to elaborate on, it would be completely overwhelming to try addressing them all, while keeping a sound and properly dramatic script, rather than a massive expositional info-dump.

If it hasn't become clearer, I've started to become more critical about various aspects of the show; I was more lenient in the first half, as I found the complex world-building and various conflicts to be an acceptable alternative to the comprehensive character-development that the first series is known for, so long as they would deliver enough for us to be invested in the characters (which it succeeded in, at that stretch of episodes, for the most part). More or less, up until Eureka's appearance, the show was doing good in my eyes, and definitely amounted to more than the sum of its parts. Since episode 16, however, there's been a strange disconnect between me and the events that have transpired; I'll constantly find that the episodes by themselves are actually mostly enjoyable, but when taken in tandem with what has preceded, they feel oddly inconsequential.

While important events did indeed happen in 16-18, and generally did a comprehensive job in telling their respective stories, they lacked dramatic tension, and greatly downplayed the urgency of everything that's been happening around the main cast of characters (Ivica's nonchalant reaction to Ao's acquisition of the Quartz cannon; Fleur and Elena PR shtick while their comrade has defected to the Allied Forces; The Secret's massive security threat to GB; Fleur's seeming-acceptance of Elena's casual admittance to murder; etc.). Now, most of these can be given a rational explanation, which is fine, but given the context of what's been transpiring, they're either out of place, or have been executed too poorly to be justifiable. For example, Elena and Fluer's little scene that was intended to be a humorous, meta-joke towards anime production, does that really belong in what's essentially the final-stretch of the series, which is a crucial time to build aforementioned dramatic tension? And while I'm glad they've been developing the characters further, particularly Fleur and Elena, others have more or less been left by the wayside (Ivica, Rebecka, and Gazelle's crew, specifically).

Also, while I generally wasn't having a problem with suspension of disbelief earlier on, it's becoming increasingly difficult to suppress; some of what I just mentioned has to do with it, but the greatest leap for me was in episode 18; I can't personally accept Christophe's reactions to what the pilots of Pied Piper have done as being that of a sane man, and while I understand that Alex is foremost a gear-head who is endlessly intrigued by the technology he services, I have an even harder time comprehending the utter, reckless irresponsibility he'd shown by letting both Fleur and Elena, unauthorized, confront the Allied Forces for their defected comrade; essentially the downfall of Generation Bleu, right there. The matter of the fact, is, that Ao's defection was a completely transparent means to an end for the writers, which was to get the world to turn against Generation Bleu (and set up Pied Piper's new alliance with Japan, it seems).

Essentially, it's not one big thing pulling the show down right now, or even several, but numerous small problems, that while marginal by themselves, add up quickly to form a mess. I found episode 19 to be refreshingly sober, focused, and even one of the best episodes of the series, but the prelude up to that point was underwhelming, and could have benefited so much more to an added sense of urgency and incremental cohesion, which has been lacking. It will be slightly more acceptable if there's some sort of upcoming S2 in the Spring, but the matter of the fact is, Bones has been dark about this; if they indeed have a second season in mind, then by choosing to stay dark, they've hurt the perception by which we're supposed to have been viewing these episodes with, which is roughly that of the mid-series climax, and not the entire franchise. It is with this perception, that myself and so many others are losing faith for a satisfactory ending, and is definitely damaging my perception of the series, overall.

I agree. The only difference being I disliked the show after seeing only a few episodes. The first season had amazing character build up and made the viewer fall in love with the characters. This series does no such thing. It tosses characters at you but never follows them up with any substance. If any of the main characters died next episode I'd probably not care at all since I have no real attachment to any of them. Even AO's character is severely underdeveloped.

The story has been poor since the start. It feels like several directors are trying to direct where it should go. Too much information is being tossed at us in one episode and then the next it's a relaxed slice of life type episode. I dislike this series a lot because of it's fundamental flaws not because of it being a shitty E7 second season.

Just my 2 cents.
Sep 18, 2012 6:26 PM

Jul 2012
Dangerr said:
-Angy- said:

I don't get it -- I thought this was only a problem with TBS. I understand the Olympics screwed shit up, but seriously, wtf is going on here?
Can we still expect subbed episodes beyond episode 22?
Sep 18, 2012 7:54 PM

Jul 2010
CSpaz said:
No offence to anyone, but I just don't get it how you people can like this sequel. I keep watching one episode after another, hoping that it will get better but it's not.
and we're almost at the end.

The original Eureka Seven anime is superior in everything.

I know that feel, but that's how a lot of people are on this site. Hell I bet there are people that like Infinite Stratos :p Face it, the reason there's so much bad content on t.v. is that the majority of people don't have taste. The content just goes in and out, and the viewers smile. As for anime, each season gets harder to find good original shows. When there are some awesome gems that come out, the majority ignore it...I think the last good gem was the latest Lupin to come out(such a breath of fresh air). I pray AO doesn't get another season.
Sep 18, 2012 10:31 PM

Sep 2011
Dangerr said:
-Angy- said:

Yeah I don't get it either, that's just fucking stupid. Not waiting until
Volume 8: 1/29
Volume 9: 2/22

Ahaha fuck that. Got to wait until February 22nd if they only let you see the final episodes then. Well longer since it has to get shipped so prob not until end of Feb
Sep 18, 2012 10:54 PM

Jan 2011
Dangerr said:
LucarioNate said:
bastek66 said:
Look what appeared

THeFantasyWriter said:
I think everything could be concluded in 4 episodes but no time can be wasted. I still have faith in this series. We see Eureka again in the episode 21 preview, so hopefully she can give us some answers.

Plot points that must be resolved for a satisfying conclusion:

* "IFO-0" as Tanaka put it, who/what made it, and its overall importance to the plot.

* Likely related to the above, the nature of the quartz cannon deserves a good explanation. It's likely Renton has to do with both.

* The true nature of quartz, and the motivations that has drove the Scub Coral to seemingly go against what they stood for in E7:PoP.

* The true nature of the Secrets, what they are SPECIFICALLY, where they come from, and WHY they're here to destroy the Scub Coral, though that can also obviously be inferred.

* Elena's true past and her importance to Eureka.

* Naru's endgame, and how she's going to affect the overall plot; to top it all off, we got the enigma of the pre-spec3 typeZERO whom ejected Eureka to pursue Truth (though I can guess why, at this point).

*Mysterious shadowed IFO/LFO in the OP.

*Gen Bleu's new mission to destroy quartz / Scub Coral.

* Ao's resolution with both his mother and father.

* The fate of Pied Piper and Gazelle's crew.

There's even more I could bring up, but think about it - we've got all that to cover in four episodes, and that's not even counting the drama and casual scenes between the exposition. Everything I've listed could easily fill the plot of a second season, and would give us the time to establish the achingly-needed information about what's exactly happened in the future.

Is bones not going to pull out a second season? I havent seen the manga at all so I dont know how much content there is further on but is seemed like from episode 14 that this could last a good 50 episodes like the first series. I also dont know how the ratings in Japan are for this which probably will be the #1 factor. I would just hate to see another good anime unfinished Im sooo tired of that.

BRING BACK KENICHI!!!!!!!
Sep 18, 2012 10:56 PM

Jan 2011
P.S I know bones has no control of Kenichi sorry for my off topic declaration
Sep 19, 2012 6:58 AM

Sep 2010
WAHa_06x36 said:
Marow said:
Why did TheEnd just disappear to be replaced with that odd Cannon IFO?

Incidentally, that "Cannon" name seems like a mistranslation. Seems a lot more like it'd be named "Kannon", "Kwannon" or maybe "Guanyin" if you don't want to be as literal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guanyin

Either way, the name was not pronounced the same as "cannon" is when transliterated into Japanese.

(This was the first episode I watched with AraAraUfufu subs instead of GG, and I am a bit underwhelmed, there were some other obvious mistranslations, too.)

It's revealed on the official website, the codename is "Kanon", and it's an LFO not an IFO !

(http://i.imgur.com/O0WO8.png)

Well, I don't know if we can trust Bones for this, they've already made some errors in the episodes ("Eisenhpwer", "Big Bleu World"...)
-Angy-Sep 19, 2012 7:04 AM
Sep 19, 2012 1:34 PM

Oct 2008
-Angy- said:

Well, I don't know if we can trust Bones for this, they've already made some errors in the episodes ("Eisenhpwer", "Big Bleu World"...)

Well, they went through the trouble of calling it a "Light Finding Operation" as opposed to "Intelligent Flying Object", or whatever "IFO" stands for, so It seems certain to be an LFO, which stands to say that it houses an archetype of some sort. Just like the quartz cannon, I'm guessing it's a creation that has something to do with Renton; possibly the principal engineer of both items.
Sep 19, 2012 1:39 PM

Sep 2011
Dangerr said:
-Angy- said:

Well, they went through the trouble of calling it a "Light Finding Operation" as opposed to "Intelligent Flying Object", or whatever "IFO" stands for, so It seems certain to be an LFO, which stands to say that it houses an archetype of some sort. Just like the quartz cannon, I'm guessing it's a creation that has something to do with Renton; possibly the principal engineer of both items.

Meh w/e it is. We prob won't get much out of it with only 2 episodes left for airing on t.v. While the rest we may have to wait, until BD's. I'ma facepalm, and be pissed off.

If anyone figures out if they will actually make us wait for final 2 episodes do say so ^.~
Sep 19, 2012 1:49 PM

Jul 2012
Du
Tyrel said:
Dangerr said:
-Angy- said:

Meh w/e it is. We prob won't get much out of it with only 2 episodes left for airing on t.v. While the rest we may have to wait, until BD's. I'ma facepalm, and be pissed off.

If anyone figures out if they will actually make us wait for final 2 episodes do say so ^.~
dude I hope they don't make us wait I think i will abandon all hope for this series. I just hope the wait isnt too long
Sep 19, 2012 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
AnimaRO64 said:
Du
Tyrel said:
Dangerr said:
-Angy- said:

dude I hope they don't make us wait I think i will abandon all hope for this series. I just hope the wait isnt too long

Lol If they release the episodes on BD only it would be

which is:
Volume 8: 1/29/13
Volume 9: 2/22/13

for BD release
Sep 20, 2012 1:39 AM

Jan 2009
The show's got some serious endgame-feelings to it right now... so I highly doubt there'll be a S2. Hard to say what's gonna happen next. Still, that episode was pretty well done imo - lots of progress yet it still was quite clear what actually happened there; sides were switched and much more. Was nice watching it.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.