Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 13, 2012 6:02 PM

Oct 2011
This was another,"Wait,what?Uh,okay but...." ending for me.
Overall the series was alright.The best parts were the opening & ending.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Sep 13, 2012 6:22 PM

Sep 2011
i wonder what kind of ending this anime will have if rokka had really died...

itsvero said:
I kinda wanted Rokka and Shimao to die together in that scene...

glad to know am not the only one who thought about this lmao
Sep 13, 2012 6:41 PM

May 2008
Dammit in the ending Hazuki didnt even appear :( . Wonder how Hazuki died though old age? lol.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 13, 2012 6:48 PM

Feb 2011
6/10 zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Had a great premise behind it, but having a series purely about the death of Shimao and moving on from that was a bit boring. The lack of character depth stops it from being great.

The one thing I'd like to draw attention to was the Climax.
"You're standing so close" -> "That's because I'm going to do this." Those lines made me cringe. It felt like sloppy fan fiction writing.
Sep 13, 2012 7:34 PM

Mar 2012
The ending's awfulness was on par with Sakamachi. One of my favourite quotes feels very relevant: "The first man to compare a rose to love was a poet. The second was an idiot."

Rexky said:
"You're standing so close" -> "That's because I'm going to do this." Those lines made me cringe. It felt like sloppy fan fiction writing.

This is exactly what I thought, aha.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 13, 2012 8:03 PM

Jan 2010
Eivind said:
It turns out that Shimao did not return the body back to Hazuki afterall. After the death of the "Hazuki's body", we again see the appearance of a ghost Shimao, and he asked the boy to call him a grandfather ...

Interesting...! Could have been.
Sep 13, 2012 8:20 PM
Jun 2008
well the story has ended seem all works out fine at least.

while hazuki watch rokka confess to her ghost husband she love hazuki give all remember & ghost husband staying with rokka.

give ghost husband will give hazuki his body if rokka go with him yet hazuki trying tell rokka to stay ghost husband seen him back to storybook wonderland with mini heart queen rokka.

after seem like could be "end" but it time to move on so rokka live give one last gifts a bite kiss on neck with cheeks grab & give hazuki his body back.

now hazuki back in body telling storyland with mini rokka then see real rokka mention married.

cue 65 yrs later rokka & hazuki's daughter talking with Atushi's sister now old lady give both rokka & hazuki later pass on mention on shop & room.

& oh rokka & hazuki's grandkid meet ghost husband with ghost husband telling grandkid clean the room & move on.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Sep 13, 2012 8:58 PM

Sep 2007
ARg...the time skip felt like it was giving it a rushed ending....D=

I wish it was a tad longer (I mean the ending).....would've loved to see more rokka & hazuki interactions after hazuki got his body back

Sadly the pacing and this anticlimatic (at least to me) ending knocked this from "masterpiece"(10) to "fine"(6) for me...
=\
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Sep 13, 2012 9:01 PM
Nov 2008
I have a lot of mixed feelings about the show. I think the most interesting aspect at the beginning of the series was the triangle of relationships between the 3 characters. The chemistry between them was presented extraordinarily well, and I wanted to see that develop more than anything else. But then they removed Hazuki from the triangle for the majority of the series. While the relationship between Shimau and Rokka got its chance to develop (for WAY too long, of course), we saw virtually nothing in terms of Hazuki and his relationships. While I'd still call it a good series, at the end of the day, it simply didn't understand what made itself so good. That's really a shame.
Sep 13, 2012 9:11 PM

Feb 2010
Thalandor46 said:
I have a lot of mixed feelings about the show. I think the most interesting aspect at the beginning of the series was the triangle of relationships between the 3 characters. The chemistry between them was presented extraordinarily well, and I wanted to see that develop more than anything else. But then they removed Hazuki from the triangle for the majority of the series. While the relationship between Shimau and Rokka got its chance to develop (for WAY too long, of course), we saw virtually nothing in terms of Hazuki and his relationships. While I'd still call it a good series, at the end of the day, it simply didn't understand what made itself so good. That's really a shame.

I feel exactly like this. Overall, it is just fine, some elements here and there were simply amazing, but the later half seriously dragged while the first three episodes were so excellent that the result isn't as good as it could have been in the end. I still liked the experience but I don't feel nearly as engaged as I did during it's first episodes.
Sep 13, 2012 9:49 PM

Oct 2010
:( sad its over not satisfied with the ending wanted to see more of Hazuki life with the manager i mean once he said i love you he was dead... had a daughter and she has a son... then thats the end i feel like they could have added a bit more, but sometimes theres limits on how much they produce :( i want more tho... OVAs?!?!??
Sep 13, 2012 9:52 PM
Dec 2011
It was good watching. Not earth shaking but just good. Not really sure how i feel about the time skip without some live action beside pictures to see that they had a good life and what was up with 1st husband still hanging around. Or is it kind of out of body out of time for him? Hope so cause by thier view of the after life he should have been on his next life by then, i think, not an expert
Sep 13, 2012 9:58 PM

Jan 2008
Not too often am I left in awe from such a good ending. I'm glad that Shimao decided what was best for her wasn't him in their lives (or even afterlives).

I also love how their daughter has the same sharp look in her eyes as her father, black hair like her mother, and the grandson looks like his grandmother (except with brown hair like his grandfather). I always wondered if the child in the OP was Hazuki, but now I know it's his grandson. Fortunately, Hazuki grew out his hair again from his dorky haircut and returned to his normal look.

They didn't show the husband of the daughter, but he wasn't important to the story anyway. I'm quite baffled that the grandson was perfectly nonchalant talking to a stranger/ghost.

It even makes me happier that despite Hazuki saying he'll outlive Rokka, he still died soon after her, and both were able to pass on without any lingering regrets, while at the same time; respecting Shimao by keeping his old room in tact. And now that the happy couple have passed on, Shimao no longer needs to stick around.
But what makes me wonder is, if he was still there during their time alive, does that mean he was with them the entire time like before in the flower shop? That must've sucked for Hazuki, unless he just watched from the sidelines...but at least Hazuki learned to accept him...even if it was slightly creepy that he was willing to ingest his ashes with Rokka.

Also glad Shimao was able to pass on finally as well in the end.

Still would have liked to see more Hazuki x Rokka instead of Shimao taking up more than half the limelight.
Estoy_GordoSep 13, 2012 10:05 PM
Sep 13, 2012 10:35 PM

May 2012
Thank the heavens its finally over.

Followed the manga ending very close, it only missed a few extra details and talking between Hazuki´s daughter and Shimao´s sister, I think Rokka-chan died kinda young becau in the manga ending we see ...

SoraLover1994 said:
Merue said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:
I'm envious of everybody who loved this. I really liked the first episodes, but then it dragged too much on the execution... It won't leave too much of good memories on me.

Totally agree with this. The only good point of this anime was ED song which is great.
And someone should make it finished airing already -__-

I agree with this. The show dragged on way too much and felt like a chore to watch, but when I finally did see the ending, I was a bit satisfied with it. I give it a 6. Would be a 5, but I liked the ending.

Agreed.

This is the case for me as well, loved the first few eps, then asshole shimao takes over the entire series till the very last second, totally annoying and ruined the series, itd was annoying to keep on watching.

4kicks said:

They didn't show the husband of the daughter, but he wasn't important to the story anyway. I'm quite baffled that the grandson was perfectly nonchalant talking to a stranger/ghost.

He does not appear in the manga either.

The ending shows their daughter to show us what happened to them via photos while the daughter and aunt Miho are reminiscing about them, in the manga ending there some more talking about it, how her daughter looks exactly like her father Hazuki, about Rokka-chan as well.

Who knows, maybe asshole-Shimao decided to look over them, HOPEFULLY from the sidelines, but who knows, whith how the daughter was banned form entering Shimao´s room....anyway, maybe he also decided to watch over Hazuki even after Rokka died and hence why he finally tells someone to get rid of the things in his room since now that Hazuki died theres 0 reason for him to still be around for real and we see him ascend to the skies ..heaven?...
9988Sep 13, 2012 10:54 PM
Sep 13, 2012 10:52 PM

Apr 2012
I really enjoyed this anime, but I wish the ending was a bit more emotional.

I enjoyed the beginning when Hazuki thought Rokka was about to die. But instead Shimao just gives her a vampire bite.

If they had more music playing in the background it would of made a better episode... in my opinion.

Did we actually get a scene of Shimao telling Rokka that he was with her for 3 years watching over her? Because that's the scene I was waiting for.

Anyways... I give the ending 3 or 4/5 but the the anime a 4.5/5
Sep 13, 2012 10:56 PM
Aug 2007
I don't even with this ending. I mean it was alright but I feel so discontent for some reason. Otherwise, I did enjoy this series, though it did drag after Hazuki was possessed by Shimao.
Sep 13, 2012 11:13 PM

Mar 2012
I can't believe he wasn't mad at her for wanting to die with Shimao. meh, not completely satisfied with this ending. I didn't get the Shimao scene at the ending. I mean wtf? didn't he went to hell or something? and the kid, I know you're Hazuki's grandson but you're a friggin' child! get surprised at least, the man is floating in the air! Well, anyway, it just felt rush to me. I still think it had the elements to become a masterpiece, sad thing they ruined they last episodes.
Sep 13, 2012 11:41 PM

Jun 2010
I lost interest very quickly. I preferred Noitamina's other slice-of-life titles such as Nodame Cantabile or Paradise Kiss.
Sep 13, 2012 11:48 PM

Jun 2009
Tbh, the ending wasn't that great, but I must confess I ended up crying. Because Shimao didn't leave? I'm not sure if he left or if he just came back to see the grandchild and then left again or what happened, but Idk, I got a sad feeling and even though I never really liked Shimao I felt so bad for him... and thank god he left Rokka and Hazuki made their life together!

Also, how the hell did Hazuki died? 65 years is still young in my opinion unless he had idk, heart issues or high blood pressure... I wanted to see them as a elderly couple :(
Sep 14, 2012 12:53 AM

Feb 2010
ending was alright 7/10.
Sep 14, 2012 1:38 AM
Sep 2011
And so one of the best anime this season comes to an end. It delivered a mature and subtle romance with great acting and creative visuals at times and the pacing was on-spot for me, fletching out the characters and exploring their state of mind in depth instead of relying on cheap plot twists and quick developments storywise even though it seems many people on here would have preferred that.
It gets a 9/10 for now.
Sep 14, 2012 3:35 AM

Jul 2011
I loved it but felt really bad for Shimao kun being lonely all these years. anyways I loved all episodes <3
Sep 14, 2012 4:53 AM

Nov 2011
let's see the beginning was great but the ending was kinda...i dunno strange but as well satisfying so 7/10
MegmurdelSep 14, 2012 4:57 AM
Sep 14, 2012 5:14 AM

Feb 2012
The ending was so-so. I was expecting more scenes with Hazuki and Rokka since he missed a lot while was stuck in the storybook, but it didn't happen. Although I like Hazuki more than Shimao, I felt bad that Shimao didn't pass on after so many years. Did he still feel regret to not pass on, or did he feel envious, or was he just looking after the family?

I would say that I liked the first 3 to 4 episodes of the anime more, but when he Shimao took control of the body, I felt that it was too dragging.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 14, 2012 5:24 AM

Jan 2012
Didn't really care for the ending too much except for last 5 minutes.
Sep 14, 2012 5:26 AM

Aug 2012
I think the message was good enough even though there's only pictures of Hazuki and Rokka at the end. Great way to end the story if you ask me.

However it didn't really left much impact. Great show when watching, after that it's just another anime on my list..
Sep 14, 2012 5:54 AM

Oct 2009
well that was a let down... it seemed like it was going to have so much potential and then blah... nothing :/
Sep 14, 2012 6:11 AM

Dec 2011
Awww, the ending.
I liked these series. I had more expectations for it, but who cares.
5/5 all the way.
Sep 14, 2012 6:11 AM

Sep 2010
I don't believe. I expected this anime to be the best of the season, but... meh.
First episodes were incredibly involving. The plot, characters, animation, music seemed so strong, but after Shimao-kun borrowed Hazuki's body everything started to get more and more boring. All in all, I'm disappointed.

I give it 5/10 for the great beginning and the ED song which really makes my cry.
Sep 14, 2012 6:38 AM

Sep 2010
Ending was kind weird.

I was going to give this series a 10/10, but the ending didn't really make me feel anything so 9/10.

The grandson is adorable though.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 14, 2012 7:19 AM

Jun 2008
8/10
Still love Shimao;3 I was surprised to see him wait so many years, but then I find it adorable he waited till Rokka and Hazuki died and make sure their descendants were doing fine to finally join Hazuki and Rokka in Heaven.
He going up to the sky and finally going to rest was so touching ;_;

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 14, 2012 9:17 AM

Apr 2012
Soo, Hazuki became Shimao in a sense.
Too less, too late.

Also, the ending was quite irritating. Shimao was able to open the door without touching it and was even able to fill the room with a page of his story book (I assume it was from that). Why wasn't he able to do that before to show Rokka-chan his presence? That makes the whole mind swapping a complete farce.
What a mindfuck.

Ah, whatever. First half 8/10, second 4/10, 6/10 in total, with the most annoying end I've seen so far.
Moving on..~
Sep 14, 2012 10:08 AM
Nov 2010
I think that the kid ...in the ending is shimao and rokka's son...XD...when shimao were in hazuki's body!...
Sep 14, 2012 10:12 AM

Jul 2009
I also enjoyed the series over all.

But the last episode ruined quite a bit of the final impression. Rokka even considered suicide to go the "other side", and suddenly she wants to be with Hazuki after Shimao left Hazukis body. I found that it kinda ruined her character a bit.

Also, the fucking timeskip didn't give a proper resolution after the whole ordeal with Hazuki/Shimao/Rokka was finally resolved. The series would have benefited from another episode for a proper ending.
Sep 14, 2012 10:14 AM

Sep 2010
LittleOtakuStar said:
I think that the kid ...in the ending is shimao and rokka's son...XD...when shimao were in hazuki's body!...

No that Hazuki's and Rokka's granchild. I'm assuming their daughter ended up with someone who had the same hair color as Shimao.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 14, 2012 10:35 AM

Jun 2010
The ending was a satisfying one for me. It was well done and it went to the couples death while Shimao-kun (at the end) went to heaven (looks like). But the series in my books was a love it or dislike it. Felt a bit like watching a seme-uke series.
Sep 14, 2012 10:56 AM
Apr 2012
The story was good until Shimao started to possess Hazuki's body, which then dragged on and on, until the last episode.

This hinders the character and relationship development of Hazuki and Rokka, who both have far more interesting characters and dynamics between them compared to Rokka and her husband (sorry Shimao).

The ending, while satisfactory and provided closure, didn't have much impact due to the lack of development between Rokka and Hazuki.

It gets a 7/10 from me. One of the best anime this season at the start, but too draggy and ended weakly in the end.
Sep 14, 2012 10:57 AM

Jun 2010
Well, I don't know. I've got a mix feelings about the ending,

I really think they drag the Hazuki in wonderland too much. Oh well.

7/10 overall. Decent Anime.
-MgZ_Sep 14, 2012 11:03 AM
Sep 14, 2012 11:37 AM

Sep 2010
A little too rushed ending, but overall a very good series.

8/10
Sep 14, 2012 12:05 PM

Aug 2010
Overall a good series. I was disappointed so much time was spent on Shimao instead of Rokka (and Hazuki) though.

I wonder if their daughter came from the time Shimao had sex with Rokka in Hazuki's body and that is why he asked the kid to call him grandpa? Creepy...
Sep 14, 2012 12:25 PM
Jan 2011
That was nice.
Sep 14, 2012 1:23 PM

Jul 2012
My reaction: "Is that it?"

Didn't love it. Last episode wasn't as epic as I expected it to be.
Finally rating is 7/10. Very strong beginning, but weak middle and mild ending.
Sep 14, 2012 1:39 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, i loved the show but middle part and the ending sucks. I don't really get it, the whole talking about eating bones and other stuff, what's the point of the bite? I'm disappointed. I guess i hoped for something more then that since i liked Hazuki and Rokka so much.
Sep 14, 2012 1:48 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was really emotional. When I saw Shimao came back, I thought Hazuki would still be alive. However, it didn't end up that way. I feel bad for Shimao but this episode was still great.
Sep 14, 2012 2:23 PM

Sep 2011
Cirris said:
This is an anime that started off spectacularly, then turned ugly after the amusement park date.

Word...

Either a high 6, or an extremely low 7.
Sep 14, 2012 2:52 PM

Jul 2011
Like what everyone said, the show spiraled down. Still, it was better than most summer shows like SAO and Kokoro Connect
Sep 14, 2012 4:54 PM

Apr 2010
Mary_Vanucchi said:
I'm envious of everybody who loved this. I really liked the first episodes, but then it dragged too much on the execution... It won't leave too much of good memories on me.

Anyway, Hazuki is a very good character. At least I'll miss him.

You are not alone, i also thought the beginning was good, but then it just didn't work for me

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Sep 14, 2012 5:04 PM

Apr 2012
Cirris said:
This is an anime that started off spectacularly, then turned ugly after the amusement park date. I really lost connection with all the characters. Shimao turned into this cold calculating unlikeable person. Hazuki seemed and felt useless. It felt like he was some bystander like the rest of us. Rokka was just confused and lost all the time.

By the end the characters evolved somewhat, but not the way you'd have hoped. It also didn't help with the awkward way the plot developed with the Shimao possessing Hazuki for half the series.

THIS. I love the series but I would've loved it even more if Shimao wasn't so selfish and Hazuki would've evolved.

I wish they should have shown more of the future like video clips or just stills instead of photos on the corkboard. :/

Nevertheless, 8/10. For how it started, for Hazuki, the ending and the ED.

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Sep 14, 2012 5:20 PM

Oct 2011
I think the ending was decent, wrapped up the series quite nicely. But the middle episodes were pointless.
Sep 14, 2012 9:06 PM

Jul 2009
Turned a little off course halfway through, but ended up just fine. 8/10

those timeskip endings always get me
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 5, 2012

151 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2012

103 by katakumplat »»
Feb 11, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 30, 2012

90 by katakumplat »»
Feb 7, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2012

71 by katakumplat »»
Feb 5, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 16, 2012

88 by katakumplat »»
Jan 28, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.