Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 26, 2012 9:08 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was really nice in terms of Oda. I really liked Sagara in the following spoiler
Due to him actually feeding Oda. It was very MOE.

About the beginning, the start already had 2 things going on of rather high peak interest. The first one being the guy with the Monocle on his eye in the spoiler
far interesting new face. I liked the guys' general appearance and certainly that eye piece really adds a totally new dimension to his persona.

The second thing of interest is Oda being fed but was even catches the eye more than that is in the spoiler
Oda’s obvious Zettai Ryouikki are charming and enticing to say the least.

About the war, it continues to be quite impressive in the spoiler
Danjo impressed a lot again. One of the things she really shows out is her fan service. If last episode did not impress the spoiler
should as it shows almost the privates of Danjo. Rather risky exposition there for the enemy males.

The other thing that impresses over this segment would be the elephants and Arab like person in the spoiler
which I did not expect as fashion to emerge. OH! Guess who is back? Little shit brother of Dousan.

About Sagara’s meeting with Louise Froi, I loved for the most of it in the spoiler
however what really shined was the MOE of Louise in the following,

That is super MOE IMO and certainly she gave out loads of it during her meeting with Sagara.

About the festival, while a war is going there is a party happening. Strangely enough 2 points of interest where in it for me despite the war on the other side to consider. The first one is obviously my dear loli Goemon in the spoiler
her MOE KILLS! Undeniable of her expressions there. Certainly she was all cute and blush nice.

The second element is Oda in the spoiler
once again the MOE strongly gets to me of her due to her expressions of tasting the takoyaki itself.

About Mitsuhide, I have my suspicions in the spoiler
it’s obvious something is up with her there. WTF is she doing with that person? Why is she feeling like that? It’s obvious something is bad there.

Despite that Mitsuhide still tries hard but regardless of her efforts in her problems still gets scolded by Oda in the spoiler
which sadly just makes thing worse for her mentally. Being undermined and under pressure is not the best. However Mitsuhide’s determination is nice with her sword. Mitsuhide continues to impress and please much in the spoiler
as she protects in front of a rather important person Sagara himself. Supporting him with her actions and words.

Mitsuhide excels nicely in scolding Sagara in the spoiler
effectively showing more of her faces and of a nice setting while enriching Mitsuhide’s character itself. In so it is further to note that the MOEfication itself was done of her in the spoiler
during the takoyaki festival where her MOE went OVER 9000 easily. Mitsuhide looked to have so much fun. Sadly it amends to the following,

T_T poor Mitsuhide there along with the spoiler
all is getting worse in all senses. The weather, Mitsuhide’s sadness and that evil dark person there.

WTF is going to happen now? Shit is brewing in a most evil sense. Episode was nice in general and continues with the flow fluidly along with the rich character expressions, effectively focusing nicely on Mitsuhide herself.
Yumekichi11Aug 26, 2012 11:49 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 26, 2012 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
Oda in a pink yukata? Kawaii!

Some fights with elephants and a tayoyuki battle. Not too shabby.

God damn, this episode made me hungry even though I just ate breakfast -.-
Aug 26, 2012 10:26 AM

Aug 2010
Shouldn't Sagara be more weary of Akechi right about now? He is from the future and even though this timeline is slightly different you think he would be more weary. He does seem concerned but I thought he would have had a bigger reaction after the iron chef contest when he saw Oda reprimand (sort of) Akechi.
Aug 26, 2012 10:49 AM

Nov 2008
I'm hungry now after the Takoyaki battle, I ate lunch just an hour ago.

I like the use of the elephants in the battle and I loled at Goemon's overuse of fire, love the Sagara x Oda feeding scene, so cute.

prismheart said:
Shouldn't Sagara be more weary of Akechi right about now? He is from the future and even though this timeline is slightly different you think he would be more weary. He does seem concerned but I thought he would have had a bigger reaction after the iron chef contest when he saw Oda reprimand (sort of) Akechi.

He really should as Akechi could betray Oda after that reprimand.

Aug 26, 2012 11:09 AM

Mar 2012
Very good episode!

The story was a bit lighter this time around, but that certainly didn't stop this from being a thoroughly fun and interesting episode. Nobuna is definitely the best character in the show, followed closely by Goemon, who was fantastic, as usual. The interactions between Sagara and Oda were terrific throughout, particularly the one that involved Sagara feeding her. The development of their romance, despite the very slow nature of it, remains one of the best aspects of the show, along with the historical intrigue.

The Takoyaki battle was nice, and made for an enjoyable diversion from the much more dramatic elements that are to come. Thankfully, this episode barely contained any fanservice or harem antics, which automatically makes it one of the better ones.

The small bits of action were quite strong here, and a bit more prevalent than I expected them to be. The last few scenes of the episode were excellently ominous, and the effectiveness of these moments was aided by the music, which was much improved throughout most of the episode. Matsunaga was, once again, great, and is quickly becoming one of the best and most interesting characters. Although decent in this episode, Akechi Mitsuhide is still my least favorite character, but that's mostly due to the fact that she becomes a
in the LN's. I do greatly enjoy the continued irony between Mitsuhide's somewhat loyal actions here, and what is to ultimately come for her character if this accurately follows history.

All in all, this is certainly one of the most surprisingly good shows of the year. The consistency with which it excels in it's story, action, and historical knowledge is considerably impressive. I'm excited for the next episode, and, judging by the preview, it looks to be very action heavy and story-centric, and will likely be one of the best so far.
Lelouch22Aug 27, 2012 5:33 AM
Aug 26, 2012 11:19 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
It had some silly elements, but this episode stopped the downward trend in my rating for this show.

I liked Imai's reaction when Oda told him Monkey claimed to be from the future ;)
Aug 26, 2012 11:24 AM

Dec 2010
Nice episode even if it was just a cooking contest.
Hm Mitsuhide messed up, everyones disappointed in her. I wonder what that letter Mitsuhide was holding was about.
Well looking forward to the next episode, looks like more trouble will ensue with fight scenes and a captured Sagara.
Aug 26, 2012 11:45 AM

Jul 2012
darkwap said:
Nice episode even if it was just a cooking contest.
Hm Mitsuhide messed up, everyones disappointed in her. I wonder what that letter Mitsuhide was holding was about.
Well looking forward to the next episode, looks like more trouble will ensue with fight scenes and a captured Sagara.

I thought it was about her mother being ill?
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Aug 26, 2012 11:48 AM

Aug 2008
So the greatest rebel of Sengoku period was caused by Takoyaki. Interesting.
Aug 26, 2012 11:48 AM
Jul 2012
They gonna Assassinate Nobuna!!!i hope she doesnt get shot or kidnapped or whatever. Very moe episode feel kinda bad for that one chick but she was being a total bitch.
Aug 26, 2012 11:52 AM

Aug 2012
It's finally getting serious.

I love it how they use a fun event (takoyaki battle) to trigger some serious internal conflicts here.

But, from the preview, I think this Mitsuhide's problem will be solved next episode. It seems that Sagara is aware of Mitsuhide's inner conflict and somehow get captured by the enemy. Then, Mitsuhide will realize how to be a "real servant" of Oda. She, then will try hard to release Sagara.
Just some wild guessings, though~

I can't wait to watch the next episode!
Waiting for next week anime gives me another reason to live.
Aug 26, 2012 11:53 AM

Oct 2010
Lelouch22 said:
Thankfully, this episode barely contained any fanservice or harem antics, which automatically makes it one of the better ones.
Yes that was one of the strong points indeed. A re-focus on the MOE, character relations and plot moving with a strong war comeback.

A pity of Vol 5 but this anime can always get a S2 effectively finishing the series in a second season most likely I hope.

This season is doubtful that it will end as a S2 can help out Madhouse more financially and should be kept as a ACE in reserve when the time comes IMO and marketing wise.

Aug 26, 2012 11:56 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
The only thing that irks me is all this "the future is better blabla", which is not true at all.

"There is no war and only peace" is the most ignorant lie I've seen.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 26, 2012 12:03 PM

Feb 2011
;_; Mitsuhide
Aug 26, 2012 12:03 PM

Oct 2011
wakka9ca said:
The only thing that irks me is all this "the future is better blabla", which is not true at all.

Yeah I cringed at the
"No war"
Bahaha what.
Aug 26, 2012 12:10 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Well Mitsuhide is bound to betray Nobunaga anyway. I guess they are not going with some twist at the end.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 26, 2012 12:34 PM

Apr 2010
Poor Mitsuhide everyone is disappointed in her.
She got so obsessed with becoming Nobuna's best general that she forgot to look at what was best for Nobuna hope she will she again what is good for Nobuna.
And i hope she will overcome her obsession.
I also wonder what was in that letter she was holding i doubt it was just to inform her that her mother was sick.
Aug 26, 2012 12:39 PM

Aug 2012
wakka9ca said:
Well Mitsuhide is bound to betray Nobunaga anyway. I guess they are not going with some twist at the end.

I see this anime as a happy one. Maybe she will betray Nobuna, but Nobuna will not be killed and in the end there will be some kind of reconciliation.

Everybody must be happy in the end, especially all the cute girls in ED. :D
Aug 26, 2012 12:45 PM
Jan 2011
Wtf is this?
Aug 26, 2012 12:46 PM

Aug 2008
CrimsonLight said:
wakka9ca said:

Yeah I cringed at the
"No war"
Bahaha what.

Well, if they were talking about Japan then it's true in a sense.
Aug 26, 2012 12:55 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
KaitoDash said:
CrimsonLight said:
wakka9ca said:

Yeah I cringed at the
"No war"
Bahaha what.

Well you see the problem is that Nobunaga unifying Japan has nothing to do with "no war in modern Japan".
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Aug 26, 2012 12:59 PM

Dec 2011
Using mayonnaise in the past? Very clever.

Mitsuhide didn't realize what happened. She just wanted to win.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2012 1:08 PM

Feb 2011
Lol .. the cooking fight was epic
Aug 26, 2012 1:13 PM

Aug 2012
wakka9ca said:
KaitoDash said:
CrimsonLight said:
wakka9ca said:

Yeah I cringed at the
"No war"
Bahaha what.

Well you see the problem is that Nobunaga unifying Japan has nothing to do with "no war in modern Japan".

Let's just say it's the future of Sagara's world, not our world. So Sagara is in another universe. Lol. But yeah, still not smart, though.
Aug 26, 2012 1:20 PM

Aug 2008
wakka9ca said:
KaitoDash said:
CrimsonLight said:
wakka9ca said:

Yeah I cringed at the
"No war"
Bahaha what.

Of course not. That's why I said "in a sense". Just the part about peaceful modern Japan is true.
Aug 26, 2012 1:52 PM

May 2012
Haha, cooking has never been so epic! I really hope Juubei doesn't end up becoming some sort of villain. She's too cute to be evil!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Aug 26, 2012 1:58 PM

Oct 2010
Dropped.

Only character i liked was Mitsuhide Akechi .
Aug 26, 2012 2:01 PM

Jan 2011
Meh...Oda seemed off character and just wasn't that interesting for me..
Aug 26, 2012 2:15 PM

Aug 2008
Can someone explain to me why everyone hates Mitsuhide now? Is it because she won the competition?
Aug 26, 2012 2:30 PM

Jun 2010
I hope Saru does something to earn Mitsuhide's respect or helps her in some way.. I don't want to see such a good looking girl, betraying Nobuna, in the end. :/
Aug 26, 2012 2:35 PM

Jul 2009
wakka9ca said:

What's with all these 'experts' on this forum. Relatively there are much less wars in the world today than the world in the 1500's. Yes, there are still wars and conflicts in the world, but hardly to the extent 500 years ago. If you can't see that, work on your own ignorance before you start trying to critique someone else's script.
Aug 26, 2012 2:44 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
destructo22 said:
Can someone explain to me why everyone hates Mitsuhide now? Is it because she won the competition?
No, they are not hating her because she won. They are disappointed with her because she doesn't see that she should have lost and the real reason she "won" was because of corruption (the votes were bought, and the bad guy merchant essentially admitted it even). Essentially, she dishonored herself without even realizing it.
Aug 26, 2012 3:00 PM
Apr 2009
Kurogashi said:
wakka9ca said:

What's with all these 'experts' on this forum. Relatively there are much less wars in the world today than the world in the 1500's. Yes, there are still wars and conflicts in the world, but hardly to the extent 500 years ago. If you can't see that, work on your own ignorance before you start trying to critique someone else's script.

This.

Also, from the preview looks like Mitsuhide will not actually betray Nobuna, but fight that witch to prove her worth. That's what i'm getting from it.
Aug 26, 2012 3:09 PM

Aug 2008
Cratex said:
destructo22 said:
No, they are not hating her because she won. They are disappointed with her because she doesn't see that she should have lost and the real reason she "won" was because of corruption (the votes were bought, and the bad guy merchant essentially admitted it even). Essentially, she dishonored herself without even realizing it.
Alright, so her behavior after the results is the cause? Interesting. I just interpreted it as the typical silly behavior that one has that wants to win badly and does win.
Aug 26, 2012 3:33 PM

Jun 2010
ElessaR88 said:
Also, from the preview looks like Mitsuhide will not actually betray Nobuna, but fight that witch to prove her worth. That's what i'm getting from it.

If they had to show betrayal anyhow, this scene will only add to the resentment of Mitsuhide, which after bottling up for quite some time, she'd betray Nobuna..

But then this is an anime.. And I hope, that this doesn't happen.
Aug 26, 2012 4:18 PM

May 2011
Ghey .
Aug 26, 2012 4:45 PM

Mar 2012
Well, Mitsuhide got what she wanted, but success in life doesn't necessarily have to do with how smart or strong you are -- it's how you deal with people that matters.

I wonder where they'll end this season. Any speculations?
Aug 26, 2012 5:14 PM

Dec 2011
I know the way Mitsuhide reacted was in a selfish manner, but I'm sure they didn't need to all give her the cold shoulder =/ (she looked really emotionally broken at the end =[ )

She was doing for the respect of Nobuna after all~ the only other person from her mother who recognized and appreciated her, she was just abit blindsided. Hopefully she will come to understand that, otherwise she might be misguided and taken advantaged of D:
Aug 26, 2012 6:25 PM

Apr 2012
Kurogashi said:
What's with all these 'experts' on this forum.

Says the expert who relativizes todays war and partly mass extinction with the wars of 500 years ago? Why so serious?
I cringed at that particular sentence of "no war", too. I'm pretty sure he meant only in Japan.
But it' still incorrect to say it like that. (As long as there was no "Japan" or Japanese location mentioned in context of that particular dialog) But it's nothing the world will end over. So let's just move on.~

Other than that a really relaxing and promising episode.
Still too much drama on that cooking contest. Geez. :o
Goemon was so cute. Damn, I said it once, I say it again, I want my own ninja kid that can care for itself. :|
So cute and cool. :]

I wish I could do something like that. :D
Aug 26, 2012 7:14 PM
Aug 2011
I am really curious to see what will happen now.... Because It is the famous time of the betray....
Aug 26, 2012 7:20 PM

Oct 2010
nantuko said:
I wish I could do something like that. :D
That is one of the best parts in SFX in terms of illustrating ninja stealth.

Aug 26, 2012 8:21 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Kurogashi said:
wakka9ca said:

Again, I will not take back my words since they are true. It's interesting to see what people think of "progress".
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Aug 26, 2012 8:23 PM

Jul 2010
Mayo makes it better it seems.
Aug 26, 2012 9:36 PM

Jul 2012
for a moment i thought there would be some strange tentacle fanservice when Mitsuhide was doing her takoyaki... oO
Aug 26, 2012 9:52 PM

Dec 2007
bonifide said:
Dropped.

Only character i liked was Mitsuhide Akechi .

Dropped? Your loss is our gain. You'll regret that later :P
Aug 26, 2012 10:00 PM

Dec 2007
LOL! Oda just chilling out looking beautiful in her pink kimono. Just taking her time savoring takoyaki while her generals and troops do all the hard work. Good-faith all around.

Renge aka Goemon , nicely done with the fire! Your accident actually made the takoyaki just that much better haha! Win!

Mitsuhide.......well.........Just going to say she got greedy and failed. She just lost sight in proving herself. Just don't go do anything rash now......*saw preview*.
Aug 26, 2012 10:11 PM

Nov 2008
Although this episode was lacking in action, it still managed to have a serious tone to it.

I hope that it has a 22-24 episode range, it would be a shame to waste the potential of the story.
Aug 26, 2012 11:25 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah, this needs a season 2. Not only cause it has the material already in LN form, but because I don't want the story to be zerg rushed into some vague conclusion in 4 episodes, also I just want the show to continue cause I like it :). I've already pre-ordered the first 3 volumes on DVD, and if the series ends on a strong note i'll buy the rest. Hopefully if most people have that idea in mind a season 2 is all but confirmed.
Aug 26, 2012 11:44 PM

Jul 2010
Well...Mitsuhide deserved it.''Nobuna's smile belongs only to Juubei'' - my ass.Not that i dislike her, but she only thinks about Oda.Not even about Oda's feelings, just Oda as person who accepted her.That will probably lead to well know event.
Nobuna imagination is colorful ...the way she described Saru's takoyaki was ehh xD very.You know.

5/5 next episode should be better.God, im really excited :D
Aug 27, 2012 12:15 AM

Nov 2008
Like everyone (or most ppl are) is saying Yoshiharu should be wary about Akechi since if this Yoshiharu really travel back to the past, Akechi will eventually betray Nobuna and kill her. Which I hope it wont happen, can't wait for more.

Also on Nobuna Narration to Yoshiharu Takoyaki, Hahahaha LOL.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2012

118 by BensonOtaku »»
Apr 10, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2012

283 by Rurihime »»
Mar 5, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2012

119 by Apratim »»
Jun 17, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2012

126 by Roch2001 »»
Apr 10, 2023 10:00 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2012

85 by Nagachi-Chan »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.