Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 23, 2012 11:24 AM

Mar 2012
No at everything you ever say. It's not that I just dislike you, you should just stop trying to come across as the next Shakespeare. Not only is it not working, but it's just depressing.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 23, 2012 11:32 AM
Mar 2011
hmm this coub go down a fun Perth
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 23, 2012 11:37 AM

Mar 2012
I know you probably get sick of being corrected, but path is what you were looking for. Perth = capital of west Australia.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 23, 2012 11:40 AM

Dec 2011
TheAutocrat1 said:
Whilst one may expect me to scorn at the MAL community in distaste I would have to disagree with this prejudice.
"The internet is a medium of expression"
I have met some very interesting individuals whilst fighting through my intellectual endeavours here on MAL.
Some of which I am now friends with.
The Mal community can be obnoxious, it can be annoying, and it can even be discriminating.
But I like it. Who's to say nearly every online community doesn't possess these traits.
This is a minority of individuals who pervade this stereotype.
And whilst you may get the odd newbie who is scared of from his high horse by some stuck up prat who served no other purpose than to disdain him and showcase his sublime taste.
Or the egotists who wish for nothing more than popularity brought about by admiration and respect.
There are even the arrogant greenhorns who are labelled so and are dealt "retribution" accordingly.
But at the end of the fucking day, who the fuck are you to judge an individual based on an online persona.
Such ignorance to that said individual will cause nothing but conflict, the type of which few would dare show in real life.
Sure they might be justified in labelling them and attacking them so, but why not just be a nice guy eh.
Nobody can cause any real harm with their nonsense or idiocy over the internet, what right have you got to emotionally crush them and degrade them. Such narcissism from the the supposedly sensible ones is obvious.
I mean what kind of person that truly loves anime is a bad guy.
Some people are just taciturn or don't know how to express themselves properly.
I have witnessed kindness, humility, happiness, joy and pleasantries being exchanged left, right and centre.
Why not consider the individual for his true self and nature, why not consider the implications your actions will have on that someone.
Would you attack a stranger on the street just because you disagree with him.
I think people just need to learn to be more socially adept and I think people would start to listen and learn if only the more respectable ones would lead the way.
Just have a laugh, be nice and friendly because then, everybody wins.
I may sound like a hypocrite to those of you who have spoken with me before but god how I’m going to change that and god how I’m going to enact just what I have said here. For I truly wish for this community to flourish forever-more.

TL;DR

TheAutocrat1 said:
The Mal community can be obnoxious, it can be annoying, and it can even be discriminating.
But I like it.

Aug 23, 2012 11:43 AM

Dec 2011
spinecollect said:
TheAutocrat1 said:
text

TL;DR

^^^^
I never made it through one whole line before skipping to the next.... and the pattern continued.
Aug 23, 2012 11:43 AM
Mar 2012
spinecollect said:

TL;DR

TheAutocrat1 said:
But I like it.

Talking about being a living contradiction, really this guy thinks way too highly of himself.
Aug 23, 2012 11:52 AM
Mar 2011
Post-Josh said:
I know you probably get sick of being corrected, but path is what you were looking for. Perth = capital of west Australia.

sorry little Typo
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 23, 2012 9:21 PM
Apr 2012
Post-Josh said:
No at everything you ever say. It's not that I just dislike you, you should just stop trying to come across as the next Shakespeare. Not only is it not working, but it's just depressing.
Post-Josh said:

lol *Thumbs up*
Aug 23, 2012 9:46 PM
Jan 2012
*sigh* Well excuse me, I come home from a good night out with my friends and I find people pervading the very issues which I explored earlier.

@Karpman: Perhaps you should be more concerned about yourself than looking at people’s posts in a personal light, not concerning the actual content. Your personal attack on me was totally uncalled for and after looking at how much of a magnificent bastard I am it seems rather dense.
It is clear what my objectives in writing that paragraph were and you seem to threaten the very nature of my post.
Your misconceptions of me know no bounds; please do save yourself the embarrassment from the showcase of these misconceptions. You must think I have someone to impress. You couldn't be more wrong. People like you, immature little gits, are not even worth the time. I would ask you to explain yourself with the phrase "living contradiction you used" but quite frankly I couldn't give a shit what people like you want to think of me and their prejudices. Also, this thread is not about me, if you want to continue this, I will not be so merciful and kind in my next reply. You are wiser than this and you cannot expect to walk all over someone like me anymore, not in my current state at least.
End of Story

@Post-Josh: Now for you, Mr.prime-time faggot who I don’t give a shit about, (which you know), why would I give a shit about how my posts make you feel? My post was positive in nature. Perhaps because you encompass some of these negative traits I explained or perhaps because you fit one if not more of my stereotypes this makes you feel depressed. In which case I wish you all the fucking depression you can get.
It doesn't matter what you think of me. I am not trying to come across as the next Shakespeare for your information. Did you ever stop to think that I may just have a genuine love for the English language and wish to express myself so? No. You, your prejudices and your disgusting demeanour towards others you don’t like makes you look very silly indeed. Stop trying to judge me. It's people like you that make me feel sick. You degrade this community by your very presence and existence. You refuse to acknowledge what I say and refuse to judge not what I say but who I am. You also continue your pathetic demeanour by correcting others unnecessarily. You have no power over this forum or over me. I am wasting my time even typing this long of a message out to you. You are simply not worth the time.
Aug 23, 2012 9:55 PM

Jul 2012
TheAutocrat1 said:
*sigh* Well excuse me, I come home from a good night out with my friends and I find people pervading the very issues which I explored earlier.

@Karpman: Perhaps you should be more concerned about yourself than looking at people’s posts in a personal light, not concerning the actual content. Your personal attack on me was totally uncalled for and after looking at how much of a magnificent bastard I am it seems rather dense.
It is clear what my objectives in writing that paragraph were and you seem to threaten the very nature of my post.
Your misconceptions of me know no bounds; please do save yourself the embarrassment from the showcase of these misconceptions. You must think I have someone to impress. You couldn't be more wrong. People like you, immature little gits, are not even worth the time. I would ask you to explain yourself with the phrase "living contradiction you used" but quite frankly I couldn't give a shit what people like you want to think of me and their prejudices. Also, this thread is not about me, if you want to continue this, I will not be so merciful and kind in my next reply. You are wiser than this and you cannot expect to walk all over someone like me anymore, not in my current state at least.
End of Story

@Post-Josh: Now for you, Mr.prime-time faggot who I don’t give a shit about, (which you know), why would I give a shit about how my posts make you feel? My post was positive in nature. Perhaps because you encompass some of these negative traits I explained or perhaps because you fit one if not more of my stereotypes this makes you feel depressed. In which case I wish you all the fucking depression you can get.
It doesn't matter what you think of me. I am not trying to come across as the next Shakespeare for your information. Did you ever stop to think that I may just have a genuine love for the English language and wish to express myself so? No. You, your prejudices and your disgusting demeanour towards others you don’t like makes you look very silly indeed. Stop trying to judge me. It's people like you that make me feel sick. You degrade this community by your very presence and existence. You refuse to acknowledge what I say and refuse to judge not what I say but who I am. You also continue your pathetic demeanour by correcting others unnecessarily. You have no power over this forum or over me. I am wasting my time even typing this long of a message out to you. You are simply not worth the time.

Question. If you don't "give a shit" then why reply? Why must you get so defensive? Why must you use so much language? Whats with all the crude comments? I have no idea what this argument is about but all your doing is hurting you own image. Calm down a bit.
Aug 23, 2012 10:03 PM
Jan 2012
No I'm calm.
Why get so defensive? I don't think you understand what kind of people Post-josh and alike are. In the past I let such people walk all over me.
Why reply? Because I will not allow such people even an inch over me that is why.
Why must I use so much language? Maybe so that through my expression they can at least share some of the pain they have made me feel on many occasions.
The crude comment? My above mentions pervades the reasons why.

I just came in from a good night and some members of the MAL community can't be decent human beings in the way how they act towards others, whether they like them or not.
It's a deep underlying problem I have with this community and that is precisely why I'm taking it all out on this thread.
I understand your good intentions though.
TheOttocratAug 23, 2012 10:08 PM
Aug 23, 2012 10:04 PM

Mar 2012
@the autocrat If you have a genuine love for the English language then stop slaughtering it. You wrote two angrily toned paragraphs about how you, apparently, don't give a shit. That's why I don't respond to what you specifically say, it all feels so fluffed up and disingenuous.

Also, I tried to correct Otaking in a friendly/helpful manner. I'm going under the assumption that most people want to improve their English proficiency.

I'm not making assumptions about your personality or life, or anything, really. The thing is, on forums all we have to express ourselves is our writing and your style seems awfully pretentious. As someone who loves to write, I applaud your use of a more extensive vocabulary. However, there is a time and place for formal/"sophisticated" diction and you often get it very wrong. In my opinion, of course.
JoshAug 23, 2012 10:11 PM
LoneWolf said:
Aug 23, 2012 10:08 PM

Dec 2011
That was quite an awful long post for an anime forum.

Aug 23, 2012 10:10 PM
Jan 2012
Post-Josh said:
If you have a genuine love for the English language then stop slaughtering it. You wrote two angrily toned paragraphs about how you, apparently, don't give a shit. That's why I don't respond to what you specifically say, it all feels so fluffed up and disingenuous.

Also, I tried to correct Otaking in a friendly/helpful manner. I'm going under the assumption that most people want to improve their English proficiency.

You are not a nice person you won't fool anybody with diversionary tactics.
Just leave me the fuck alone from now on.
You and your friends have caused me enough pain...

Edit: Okay, I understand what you are trying to say. But I simply wish to practice my vocabulary. When I look at such I post I made I do not think I've used enough vocabulary at all, in fact I would have it further formalised. I really don't think my vocabulary is that big at all.
I do understand what you were trying to say in that last part of your message and I think you are right there. That is probably good advice as that is how people would perceive it looking at it from that perspective.
TheOttocratAug 23, 2012 10:19 PM
Aug 23, 2012 10:13 PM

Mar 2012
I hate to sound like a broken record, but I'm sure after a few years of college we'll be closer to being on the same page. And yeah, I know I'm being an asshole, so sorry for that. Sometimes very opinionated people need to be addressed bluntly, and perhaps harshly, to actually react though. I know I do.
JoshAug 23, 2012 10:17 PM
LoneWolf said:
Aug 23, 2012 10:24 PM
Jan 2012
No, it's okay.
I don't hate you and I'd like to get along with you.
I don't like having enemies at all, I most desire to be friends with everyone.
I just don't like people trying to take away my enthusiasm. I am a very emotional person and I'm very sensitive to emotional pain.
I understand what you've been saying in the last two messages though and I respect your maturity there.
So we can get along from now on, yeah?
TheOttocratAug 23, 2012 10:35 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.